Official JVC RS4500/Z1 Owner's Thread - Page 99 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1945Likes

post #2941 of 3066 Old 05-25-2019, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked: 1723
Official JVC RS4500/Z1 Owner's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
.......Sorry, it's not teaching you about the product. It's just accepting that your perception of blacks and/or expectation of how they should look is simply different than ours........

I’ve been doing this long enough to know what black level and contrast is Mark. I appreciate your concern but maybe someday you’ll realize it’s just a choice, and it’s mine to make.
Archibald1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2942 of 3066 Old 05-25-2019, 07:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4639 Post(s)
Liked: 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Harper View Post
I’ve been doing this long enough to know what black level and contrast is Mark. I appreciate your concern but maybe someday you’ll realize it’s just a choice, and it’s mine to make.
I don't think so. if it were a choice, you'd not be constantly pasting photos of dark scenes saying "See, this doesnt look milky" etc. Of course the camera always makes those scenes look fine as it takes whatever color range is there and compresses it to look black. The dark scenes you paste are the same scenes that when I or Javs look at them are definitely not good ones on the LK projectors. So if you think they look good on the LK's, it's just because you're unable to notice the difference in blacks or contrast like we are.

If it were a choice, as you say, then you'd be saying something different. You'd be saying something like "There are some scenes that are a little milky but the bright scenes are so good it's still worth it to me." That's a choice. Unfortunately, you're more in denial, which is also OK. It just means you're able to appreciate and enjoy a lower contrast projector more than some of us. I wish that I were in that situation.

Honestly, I don't see a problem with some people not seeing deep blacks, some not seeing rainbows, some being color blind. It's likely that we all perceive vision differently. You like to avoid measurements and only talk about what you see, so then what you see is obviously different than some of us.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #2943 of 3066 Old 05-25-2019, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked: 1723
Official JVC RS4500/Z1 Owner's Thread

Edit: Nevermind. It’s just not worth it anymore.
audioguy, joerod, markmon1 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Dave Harper; 05-25-2019 at 09:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2944 of 3066 Old 05-26-2019, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Am very close to pulling the trigger on a rs4500+ST130 150" and will be looking for a DCR lens, should HDR be possible on medium? Or should I also expect to be learning to build a hushbox in the near future?

Right now its between the 9060 and the rs4500. Obviously if I buy the Rs4500 I do not want to upgrade in the next 3-5 years unless something extreme comes out that makes me feel like I need to. The 9060 would be something that I would be expecting to upgrade sooner.
post #2945 of 3066 Old 05-26-2019, 09:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestrosc View Post
Am very close to pulling the trigger on a rs4500+ST130 150" and will be looking for a DCR lens, should HDR be possible on medium? Or should I also expect to be learning to build a hushbox in the near future?

Right now its between the 9060 and the rs4500. Obviously if I buy the Rs4500 I do not want to upgrade in the next 3-5 years unless something extreme comes out that makes me feel like I need to. The 9060 would be something that I would be expecting to upgrade sooner.

I've had zero issues with my 4500 on 150" SI screen running medium together with DCR lens and also a Lumagen Radiance, even better since DTM was introduced.

My only comment would be that you might be coming in a little late in the product cycle. It's uncertain what JVC might do later in the year now that the 4500 is end of life. Then again you can probably pick a 4500 up for a nice price at the moment in the US.
post #2946 of 3066 Old 05-26-2019, 09:40 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 6613 Post(s)
Liked: 7687
Quote:

A hushbox certainly puts the noise issue to rest. But with a DCR lens ( and something to force 4096 x 2160 - Lumagen, Envy, HTPC ) you should get over 35 foot lamberts in mid laser. I'm sure Kris Deering could get it to look good.

The more I watch my RS4500 ( watched " Nerve " tonight, watching Mission Impossible 4 on 4K tomorrow ), the more satisfied I am with it - after 25 months of use !!
tigerhonaker likes this.
post #2947 of 3066 Old 05-26-2019, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post
I've had zero issues with my 4500 on 150" SI screen running medium together with DCR lens and also a Lumagen Radiance, even better since DTM was introduced.

My only comment would be that you might be coming in a little late in the product cycle. It's uncertain what JVC might do later in the year now that the 4500 is end of life. Then again you can probably pick a 4500 up for a nice price at the moment in the US.
The RS4500 is bug and trouble free at this point. Mine has been rock solid for 25 months and 1300 + hours. Any new replacement - who knows ( bright corners, blue bar issues ? ). And I'll bet the next model jumps back up in price to the old MSRP. The difference in price from MSRP to street pretty much covers a DCR lens and a Lumagen ( almost ). They are kind of a bargain right now for a high end 4K laser projector.
woofer and OzHDHT like this.
post #2948 of 3066 Old 05-26-2019, 10:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 1366 Post(s)
Liked: 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
The RS4500 is bug and trouble free at this point. Mine has been rock solid for 25 months and 1300 + hours. Any new replacement - who knows ( bright corners, blue bar issues ? ). And I'll bet the next model jumps back up in price to the old MSRP. The difference in price from MSRP to street pretty much covers a DCR lens and a Lumagen ( almost ). They are kind of a bargain right now for a high end 4K laser projector.
I will lay money on that "IF/WHEN" JVC offer a replacement for the Z1/RS4500 the pricing will exceed what was the previous MSRP of the Z1RS4500 by a fair margin!!

My Z1/RS4500 has also been trouble free and still provides the best image from any current projector i have viewed.
I have absolutely "No" plans of replacing it anytime in the foreseeable future .
post #2949 of 3066 Old 05-26-2019, 10:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by woofer View Post
I will lay money on that "IF/WHEN" JVC offer a replacement for the Z1/RS4500 the pricing will exceed what was the previous MSRP of the Z1RS4500 by a fair margin!!

My Z1/RS4500 has also been trouble free and still provides the best image from any current projector i have viewed.
I have absolutely "No" plans of replacing it anytime in the foreseeable future .

My thoughts exactly and that follows on from last years thoughts from the local JVC management here when I discussed it with them. I'd extremely surprised if there wasn't a significant uplift on the price of the next laser model in the range.
post #2950 of 3066 Old 05-27-2019, 04:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 4567 Post(s)
Liked: 3335
Quote:
I have absolutely "No" plans of replacing it anytime in the foreseeable (and unforeseeable) future .
100% agree. In my case, I would only add my insert above.

There will always be "better/brighter/faster..." But the image from the Lumagen/RS4500/Panamorph is simply so stunning, it is way, way more than good enough. I fact, the SDR image from my previous RS500 was way more than good enough - but not for HDR. But, Dynamic Tone Mapping from the Lumagen really took HDR up a very large notch. And like you, it is still the best image from a projector I have ever seen.

As anyone who has been in the hobby for any time at all knows, this can be (and for me, is) very addictive. There is ALWAYS something to "upgrade". For example, if I were starting again, my most excellent current speakers (Triad) would all be replaced by Wisdom Audio. But to get there now, I would need to do some MAJOR reconstruction, need a new screen and masking system, etc. I actively considered it. But I asked myself, "if I go through the trouble and expense to do this, at the end of the day, will it make the experience of watching a movie any more enjoyable?" And I could not guarantee that it would. So I chose to give up on that "upgrade".

If I consider a Cost/Benefit Curve of my audio and video hardware, I'm probably somewhere as I noted on the attached:

And as I experienced in my 2 channel days, and in my HT days as well, while it is FUN to spend time thinking about and planning the next upgrade, it also can take away from the experience of enjoying what you already have. I still struggle with this issue but it falls more into the audio camp: "I wonder what it would sound like if I tweak this target curve a tad?"

Sorry for the very OT post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 8.04.01 AM.png
Views:	144
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	2572264  

Last edited by audioguy; 05-27-2019 at 05:20 AM.
post #2951 of 3066 Old 05-27-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
100% agree. In my case, I would only add my insert above.

There will always be "better/brighter/faster..." But the image from the Lumagen/RS4500/Panamorph is simply so stunning, it is way, way more than good enough. I fact, the SDR image from my previous RS500 was way more than good enough - but not for HDR. But, Dynamic Tone Mapping from the Lumagen really took HDR up a very large notch. And like you, it is still the best image from a projector I have ever seen.

As anyone who has been in the hobby for any time at all knows, this can be (and for me, is) very addictive. There is ALWAYS something to "upgrade". For example, if I were starting again, my most excellent current speakers (Triad) would all be replaced by Wisdom Audio. But to get there now, I would need to do some MAJOR reconstruction, need a new screen and masking system, etc. I actively considered it. But I asked myself, "if I go through the trouble and expense to do this, at the end of the day, will it make the experience of watching a movie any more enjoyable?" And I could not guarantee that it would. So I chose to give up on that "upgrade".

If I consider a Cost/Benefit Curve of my audio and video hardware, I'm probably somewhere as I noted on the attached:

And as I experienced in my 2 channel days, and in my HT days as well, while it is FUN to spend time thinking about and planning the next upgrade, it also can take away from the experience of enjoying what you already have. I still struggle with this issue but it falls more into the audio camp: "I wonder what it would sound like if I tweak this target curve a tad?"

Sorry for the very OT post.
Haha ya. The best advice I have ever seen on this forum was "once you make a decision and get your setup and are happy with it, get off this website and just enjoy it" lol.
post #2952 of 3066 Old 05-27-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Haha ya. The best advice I have ever seen on this forum was "once you make a decision and get your setup and are happy with it, get off this website and just enjoy it" lol.
That's the key !! The only reason I'm here is I work in the industry, and have to keep up on the latest whatever. Otherwise, I'd just be enjoying my projector, like I did my Sim Lumis Host.
woofer likes this.
post #2953 of 3066 Old 05-27-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:

And having the Lumagen Radiance pro doing the dynamic tone mapping for HDR, means I'm not interested if they add tone mapping like in the RS1000 / 2000 / 3000. That is now irrelevant.
woofer likes this.
post #2954 of 3066 Old 05-27-2019, 10:40 AM

Last night my wife wanted to watch the Blu-ray " Nerve " - which she loves ( fun movie ). And though she rarely comments on the picture quality, she said " this looks amazing ". I think it was the first time watching it since adding the DCR lens and Lumagen.
tigerhonaker and llang269 like this.
post #2955 of 3066 Old 05-27-2019, 12:33 PM

Well I just got off the phone with my HT guys after remeasuring my room, along with speaker placements.

It turns out we have decided to go with a 135" screen for my room. Everything else in the room has been designed symmetrically off the center of the room, and the 150" screen was going to be the only thing offset, as the wall I am projecting onto, is a wall with a 24" door on it. (this is not changeable at this point, so please dont suggest I redesign/build the entire room).

In order to center the screen, I can fit a 135" scope screen.

This all means that my projector choices have been changed to: BenQ 9060, Sony VW885, or the JVCRS4500. (Please dont suggest the Nseries from JVC, not interested in lamps + the long list of issues that have come with the new release of that line)
post #2956 of 3066 Old 05-27-2019, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
(Please dont suggest the Nseries from JVC, not interested in lamps + the long list of issues that have come with the new release of that line)
That would be the LAST projector i would recommend to you!!

I have had the opportunity to test "3' NX9,s ( 1 Pre Pro and "2" Full production) and "1" N5 .....ALL had unacceptable issues!! The N/NX series in my opinion is a complete "Miss!"
Archibald1 likes this.
post #2957 of 3066 Old 05-28-2019, 04:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2754 Post(s)
Liked: 1429
Quote:
That would be the LAST projector i would recommend to you!!

I have had the opportunity to test "3' NX9,s ( 1 Pre Pro and "2" Full production) and "1" N5 .....ALL had unacceptable issues!! The N/NX series in my opinion is a complete "Miss!"

Totally agree, after viewing the NX9/7/5 , the issues and mostly the fact they are a lamp based is a no go, I had a NX9 on order , cancelled for all the reasons discussed, then again the inability to deliver made everything else moot . For this screen size RS4500, VW885 or VW995 all great choices . Each one has pros and cons, to me it will come down to personal preferences , and pricing . Can't go wrong with either of these choices, they all throw a spectacular image. There are some great prices on used, a low time laser projector is a great value purchase .
woofer, Craig Peer and Archibald1 like this.

Dedicated Theater: Sony VPL VW 885ES , Panamorph DCR & ISCO III L Anamorphic Lens, Draper TecVision XT1800X Screen, 2.40:1 134" diagonal curved , Denon AVR-X8500 , 9.2.6 Atmos, Panasonic UB900, Oppo 203, Lumagen Pro 4440 , (3) Paradigm CI Elite E7-L+C+R fronts, , (2) CI Pro P80-IW Rear, (2) Paradigm SA-ADP In-wall Surround, (6) SIG-1.5R-30 v.3 In-Ceiling, Subwoofers: (2) SVS SB-16 Ultra , SVS PC13-Ultra .
post #2958 of 3066 Old 05-28-2019, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Again, has anyone had any shutdown issues with their units? Sometimes my unit shuts down by itself.

I ran JVC diagnostics error tool send my them and all it says temperature issue, but my room is always below 20c.

Very strange.
post #2959 of 3066 Old 05-28-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimonagas View Post
Again, has anyone had any shutdown issues with their units? Sometimes my unit shuts down by itself.

I ran JVC diagnostics error tool send my them and all it says temperature issue, but my room is always below 20c.

Very strange.
I have not had that happen. Maybe your RS4500 doesn't like your choice of content.
post #2960 of 3066 Old 05-28-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I have not had that happen. Maybe your RS4500 doesn't like your choice of content.

Captain Marvel early release from Kaleidescape? I think not.
Craig Peer likes this.
post #2961 of 3066 Old 05-28-2019, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Captain Marvel early release from Kaleidescape? I think not.

I had mine shut down last night, but i would assume it was due to electrical supply flicker as we had a couple of Tornados touch down within 7 miles North of me, power shut off my oled tv and cable box upstairs several times, once it did it in the theater room i shut everything off and said enough was enough. But it has not just shut off for no reason that i know of, but there are people with many more hours than i have used mine so far.
post #2962 of 3066 Old 05-31-2019, 10:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

So last night I sold my RS500 (spare) and hooked it up for the buyer. It's been a long time since I ran this in my room. Played the interstellar scene and the black performance on my RS4500 is a little *better* than the RS500 even. I was quite surprised just how much better the RS4500 performed than the RS500.

I remember i went from RS500-->Sony 285ES to go 4K. Then hated poor blacks, upgraded to 675ES. Still unsatisfied got an RS640 and blacks were incredible. Finally got RS4500 and blacks not as good as RS640 but good enough. Finally hooked up old RS500 (that I sold to friend and got back as a spare) and now can tell that the RS4500 is better even in black performance due to great dynamic dimming.

Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #2963 of 3066 Old 05-31-2019, 10:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Very strange.
Perhaps one of your internal fans is dying and/or you need to clean your air filter.

post #2964 of 3066 Old 06-01-2019, 01:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Perhaps one of your internal fans is dying and/or you need to clean your air filter.
Yes check the rear "Filters" ...there are 2.... one is a Foam type the other is a Micro chamber filter. See pic ... #85 #86
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Filters.png
Views:	20
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	2574414  
markmon1 likes this.
post #2965 of 3066 Old 06-01-2019, 01:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So last night I sold my RS500 (spare) and hooked it up for the buyer. It's been a long time since I ran this in my room. Played the interstellar scene and the black performance on my RS4500 is a little *better* than the RS500 even. I was quite surprised just how much better the RS4500 performed than the RS500.

I remember i went from RS500-->Sony 285ES to go 4K. Then hated poor blacks, upgraded to 675ES. Still unsatisfied got an RS640 and blacks were incredible. Finally got RS4500 and blacks not as good as RS640 but good enough. Finally hooked up old RS500 (that I sold to friend and got back as a spare) and now can tell that the RS4500 is better even in black performance due to great dynamic dimming.
I have many times compared my Z1 and my X9900,s Black level performance....there is NOT much in it! The Z1 actually does a better job on the 'Interstellar" scene!
post #2966 of 3066 Old 06-01-2019, 05:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I was finally able to get my (new to me but refurbished) PC to connect to my new(ish) Lumagen (after some assistance from Jim Peterson from Lumagen) and download the latest firmware, with the attendant improvements in DTM. Last night we watched the latest "How To Train Your Dragon" movie.

It really is hard to imagine that film looking any better on any projector (I also have a Panamorph Paladin). I run my projector on mid-laser and based upon the projected images we viewed last night, that is more than enough light. High laser is just not necessary.

And, this is using the calibration that existed in my RS4500 (done my ChadB) with the Lumagen "just" doing the tone mapping. Anxious to see what improvements will come when Craig Rounds is able to make it to my home and get the entire link calibrated. But even if that never happens, it really is a stunning image - just stunning.

And FWIW, even though this is probably considered a "kid's movie" we both enjoyed it. Animated movies have come a long, long way since I first saw the early Disney movies in the 50's.

For any 4500/Z1 owners who have not purchased the Lumagen Radiance Pro, put it on your "next upgrade" list - (either just in front of or just behind the Panamorph). Between the Lumagen and the Panamorph, and unless you have a really large screen, I just can't imagine why one would need to ever use high laser.

BUT, even on mid laser, the projector noise is still an issue for me in quiet scenes (and I've got pretty old ears). During some dialog scenes last night, I kept hearing what I thought was white or pink noise coming from one of my surrounds only to determine it was the 4500. I know some can even run on high laser and not be bothered, but after last night, I need to figure out how to build a hush box and get it done.

This three piece combination (Lumagen, RS4500, Panamorph) is just stupid good.
mikela, OzHDHT, Craig Peer and 2 others like this.

Last edited by audioguy; 06-01-2019 at 05:49 AM.
post #2967 of 3066 Old 06-01-2019, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Yes check the rear "Filters" ...there are 2.... one is a Foam type the other is a Micro chamber filter. See pic ... #85 #86
Thanks Woofer,

I did clean the filter a few months ago, but the problem keeps happening. Actually, this has been a common problem for me since the beginning. Probably once a month the unit shuts down by itself with the warning LED saying that's temperature.

The only thing that I can think is wrong with my installation is that the projector is mounted about 4.5" from the rear of the wall. However, there's a lot of air flow passing thru the back of the unit.
post #2968 of 3066 Old 06-01-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
I was finally able to get my (new to me but refurbished) PC to connect to my new(ish) Lumagen (after some assistance from Jim Peterson from Lumagen) and download the latest firmware, with the attendant improvements in DTM. Last night we watched the latest "How To Train Your Dragon" movie.

It really is hard to imagine that film looking any better on any projector (I also have a Panamorph Paladin). I run my projector on mid-laser and based upon the projected images we viewed last night, that is more than enough light. High laser is just not necessary.

And, this is using the calibration that existed in my RS4500 (done my ChadB) with the Lumagen "just" doing the tone mapping. Anxious to see what improvements will come when Craig Rounds is able to make it to my home and get the entire link calibrated. But even if that never happens, it really is a stunning image - just stunning.

And FWIW, even though this is probably considered a "kid's movie" we both enjoyed it. Animated movies have come a long, long way since I first saw the early Disney movies in the 50's.

For any 4500/Z1 owners who have not purchased the Lumagen Radiance Pro, put it on your "next upgrade" list - (either just in front of or just behind the Panamorph). Between the Lumagen and the Panamorph, and unless you have a really large screen, I just can't imagine why one would need to ever use high laser.

BUT, even on mid laser, the projector noise is still an issue for me in quiet scenes (and I've got pretty old ears). During some dialog scenes last night, I kept hearing what I thought was white or pink noise coming from one of my surrounds only to determine it was the 4500. I know some can even run on high laser and not be bothered, but after last night, I need to figure out how to build a hush box and get it done.

This three piece combination (Lumagen, RS4500, Panamorph) is just stupid good.
It really is. We have an out of town guest that loves action movies, so I've been racking up a lot of hours watching " greatest hits " from my collection lately.

A hush box or closet or similar is one of the best things I've ever done. On mid laser, you won't need any port glass - just a hole the size of the lens. I used a big hole saw. I did need to modify the opening for my DCR lens, but it turned out better than expected.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Panamorph Paladin DCR lens 4.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	566.4 KB
ID:	2574468   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2359.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	763.9 KB
ID:	2574470   Click image for larger version

Name:	Panamorph Paladin DCR lens 2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	582.9 KB
ID:	2574472  
post #2969 of 3066 Old 06-01-2019, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
A hush box or closet or similar is one of the best things I've ever done. On mid laser, you won't need any port glass - just a hole the size of the lens. I used a big hole saw. I did need to modify the opening for my DCR lens, but it turned out better than expected.
Thanks. Not needing the port glass would help - but I'm not sure how I would make the box air tight - not for noise suppression but to insure the airflow in and out is managed correctly. I can build the "box" and install it rather easily. But what I am really stuck on (and certainly can not afford to do incorrectly) is figuring out the air flow in and out. I can put an exhaust outlet above the front of the PJ (within the box) into the space above the theater and use an inline fan to pull it away. I can start the air intake duct from my equipment room which has a dedicated miniSplit to insure I am injecting nice and clear air conditioned air into the box. The only thing I need to a way to figure out the necessary airflow of the exhaust fan - and if I need another fan for the intake side - and the air flow of it if I do.
post #2970 of 3066 Old 06-01-2019, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Woofer,

I did clean the filter a few months ago, but the problem keeps happening. Actually, this has been a common problem for me since the beginning. Probably once a month the unit shuts down by itself with the warning LED saying that's temperature.

The only thing that I can think is wrong with my installation is that the projector is mounted about 4.5" from the rear of the wall. However, there's a lot of air flow passing thru the back of the unit.
I feel 4.5" from the rear wall is a bit tight. Do you run mid laser, low laser, high laser? Does it happen more when in high laser?

In my opinion, your unit is really shutting down due to overheating or it has an improperly working temperature sensor telling it that it's overheating when it's not. I'd assume the former first.

When you say you keep your room cool, what does that mean? To some, 78 degrees is cool. To me, 62 degrees is cool.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)