Is Lexicon EVER making a comeback? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #31 of 37 Old 04-07-2017, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLC View Post
I also loved Logic 7 and didn't want to replace my 10 year old Lexicon. However, after my 10 year old projector failed and got replaced with a 4k projector, the Lexicon's optical input from a ROKU 4 only defaulted to stereo. Lexicon support was wonderful and patient but reluctantly concluded there is no fix for this problem. So, wanting to get 4k at Netflix and Amazon, I reluctantly decided to try an Anthem AVM60. Being less than a third of the price of the Lexicon, I had modest expectations. As you all know, finding a good sounding processor with the necessary HDMI and HDCP boards is not easy. At any rate, my wife and I are shocked at the improvement in the surround effect from Dolby Surround. We have a 7.2 Aerial Acoustics setup. Have no idea if anyone else would have the same reaction, just thought I would share our experience.
I see the Anthem has a mode called Anthem Logic? How well does this work for Stereo audio?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 04-07-2017, 08:52 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Quoted: 7892 Post(s)
Liked: 7086
I've spent time listening to all 3 of the new upmixers (Dolby Surround, DTS Neural:X, Auro-Matic) using the same 2-channel music tracks (to reduce variables). I didn't like any of them as much as Logic7 or PLIIx.
appelz likes this.

Sanjay
post #33 of 37 Old 04-07-2017, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post
I've spent time listening to all 3 of the new upmixers (Dolby Surround, DTS Neural:X, Auro-Matic) using the same 2-channel music tracks (to reduce variables). I didn't like any of them as much as Logic7 or PLIIx.
I really miss PLIIx...(sigh). After I finish a client calibration, I end with a 30-40 minute demo of their new system, and always begin with half a dozen or so music tracks, mostly in stereo. I have had to start changing that up.
sdurani likes this.

Adam Pelz ,Acoustic Mafia - Hear No Evil
Level III Trinnov Altitude Calibrator, JBL Master ARCOS Calibrator, CEDIA Designer, Home Acoustics Alliance Instructor LIII, THX HT1+ HT2+ Video
Mercenary Calibrator for Manufacturers, Integrators and System Owners
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 Old 04-07-2017, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 257 Post(s)
Quoted: 7892 Post(s)
Liked: 7086
Quote:
Originally Posted by appelz View Post
I really miss PLIIx...(sigh).
Yeah, I figured with 3 new upmixers being released, I could finally retire my old Lex. No such luck. Can't believe all 3 out of 3 struck out with me. For others in my situation, it is helpful that some current pre-pros continue to have a 7.1 analogue input that an older surround processor can be plugged into and used as a dedicated music processor.

Sanjay
post #35 of 37 Old 04-07-2017, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by appelz View Post
I really miss PLIIx...(sigh). After I finish a client calibration, I end with a 30-40 minute demo of their new system, and always begin with half a dozen or so music tracks, mostly in stereo. I have had to start changing that up.
Seems odd older algorithms like Logic 7 and PL sound better doing this than modern ones. I have tired PLII on my MC-8B and do not like it at all.
post #36 of 37 Old 04-07-2017, 02:18 PM
WLC

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Anthem Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee View Post
I see the Anthem has a mode called Anthem Logic? How well does this work for Stereo audio?
After trying Anthem Logic, I prefer Dolby Surround for music also. My music is FLAC streamed from a NAS through Sonos connected to my Anthem. I have to add that for most of our music listening, we have a separate stereo system in another room.
post #37 of 37 Old 06-05-2020, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post
Yeah, I figured with 3 new upmixers being released, I could finally retire my old Lex. No such luck. Can't believe all 3 out of 3 struck out with me. For others in my situation, it is helpful that some current pre-pros continue to have a 7.1 analogue input that an older surround processor can be plugged into and used as a dedicated music processor.
Sanjay, my apologies for resurrecting this old thread, but I am curious; did you ever replace your MC12HD ?

Current Equipment: Datasat LS10 w/ Atmos and DIRAC, ATI AT6005, Audio Control Savoy G3, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), SR3's sides, LR3's (rears),(4) RSL C34E’s (Atmos), Submersive HP, Marantz VP15s1, 123" diag 16:9 Stewart Cima Neve screen, Oppo BDP-103, Palliser Flicks Seating AC Power: Eaton whole-house surge protector at main panel, (3) 20 amp circuits, Surgex XR315 at equipment rack, Cyberpower 1400VA/900 watt, true sine wave UPS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page