Official Sony VW885ES / VW760ES Owner's Thread - Page 180 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3740Likes

post #5371 of 6093 Old 10-09-2019, 07:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2310 Post(s)
Liked: 1252
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mori* View Post
My thoughts on 8.101 after several hours of testing

+ Auto switching betwen HDR and SDR settings within 1 picture mode. Including setting of a preferred HDR Curve. Very convenient.
+ Improved EOTF "HDR Reference". With a Panasonic player it works very well for me. Very much appreciated.
+ dual laser dimming system enabling the iris: better blacks in lowAPL scenes and extended dynamic contrast range. Appreciated.

- DFO. For me too many artifacts and also not working like Sony had announced it. The picture gets more digital. Useless to me.
The DFO is essentially a special add on to Reality Creation and as such, its effects will vary by how much RC is already being used and the amount of lens shift etc is in use.

As I mentioned, I'd rather have the choice to switch on or off than not to have it at all.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5372 of 6093 Old 10-09-2019, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG View Post
So as far as the iris goes its a bit of Russian roulette, you won't know if it was defective until you update the software....Sounds like the replace filter minor bug fix, and entering menu twice is not horrible fix until new software update.

Is there a control to turn off the dynamic iris in case of malfunction?
That would be nice, as it gives yet another option for added flexibility.

There may be something in the service menu as there are several new items that have apparently shown up inside there.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.

Last edited by Archibald1; 10-09-2019 at 08:31 AM.
post #5373 of 6093 Old 10-09-2019, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archibald1 View Post
The DFO is essentially a special add on to Reality Creation and as such, its effects will vary by how much RC is already being used and the amount of lens shift etc is in use.

As I mentioned, I'd rather have the choice to switch on or off than not to have it at all.
For HDR / 4K material I prefer not to use RC.

I have tested many combinations and prefer not to use neither RC nor DFO for high resolution (quality) material.

However this is my personal preference and I think that many people might like the DFO. I have also not investigated and changed the DFO settings within the Service menu.

I have also deactivated the automatic zone based convergence correction in the service menu. Obviously I have developped a strong preference for a calm and cinematic picture over the years. That's probably why I have always liked Sony projectors. And these laser projectors from Sony accentuate that even more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5374 of 6093 Old 10-09-2019, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Can anyone tell me the approx distance between the front and back foot? Also interested to know the distance between back foot and the back of the projector. I found a nice shelf but not sure if it will fit depending on how the feets are positioned.

Sony VPL-VW760 projector | Sony HT-ST5000 Soundbar | DNP Supernova 08-85 116" 2.35:1 | AppleTV 4K | Zidoo X20 mediaplayer | PS4 |
post #5375 of 6093 Old 10-09-2019, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakeApples View Post
Can anyone tell me the approx distance between the front and back foot? Also interested to know the distance between back foot and the back of the projector. I found a nice shelf but not sure if it will fit depending on how the feets are positioned.
In the manual: https://pro.sony/s3/2019/02/26025452/4732479121.pdf

Detailed dimensions start on page 51.
BakeApples likes this.

VISION: Sony VPL-VW760ES, 133" 1.9:1 screen | AMPLIFICATION: Denon AVC-X8500H, 7.5.6; two subs, plus Earthquake XJ-300ST and 3xADS Maximus Shakers | DEVICES: Oppo 203 UHD BD player, Apple TV 4K, Gaming PC w/i7700k CPU, NVIDIA RTX 2080ti | SPEAKERS: 6xSVS Prime Bookshelf, 2xSVS PB-2000 subs, SVS Prime Centre, 6xSVS Prime Elevation
post #5376 of 6093 Old 10-09-2019, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinkywizard View Post
I had my projector calibrated at the weekend. One thing I wondered is I'm getting about 28fl out of it max laser etc. on 125" 16:9 screen at full zoom. Does that sound about right to those who know? 2,000 lumens actually works out about 44fl on that screen size, but I know zoom dims it down a bit. Thoughts? After reading a post earlier from someone who had a unit that was dimmer than specced I'm suddenly concerned. Also, I'm only getting 8.5fl through 3D glasses.

I am considering a 1.8 gain (specced) screen replacement (1.5 in testing) as a result, which would put the fl back in the low 40s. Have some samples arriving later next week which I'll be testing for sparkles etc. Thoughts? I know @Wookii , and I think @coolgeek run with a high gain screen?
I am one that got the unit replaced due to a low output. It was a complete headache. In order to even start making your claim you will need hard data from some good calibration equipment. Even then it took Sony over a month of arguing, and eventually sending someone to my house to take a measurement. Not a fun battle.

Did you install the new firmware is your iris making noise, or not opening up completely? Now that we know there is a functional iris I am betting the iris on my first unit was not opening completely.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
post #5377 of 6093 Old 10-09-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Jacobsen View Post
I am one that got the unit replaced due to a low output. It was a complete headache. In order to even start making your claim you will need hard data from some good calibration equipment. Even then it took Sony over a month of arguing, and eventually sending someone to my house to take a measurement. Not a fun battle.

Did you install the new firmware is your iris making noise, or not opening up completely? Now that we know there is a functional iris I am betting the iris on my first unit was not opening completely.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I haven't noticed a dip in performance. It's more just that the foot lambert number the calibrator measured is lower than I would have expected, and it's the first time it's been measured as I've had the projctor less than a month. It could be because it is near max zoom etc. I'm just not sure.

VISION: Sony VPL-VW760ES, 133" 1.9:1 screen | AMPLIFICATION: Denon AVC-X8500H, 7.5.6; two subs, plus Earthquake XJ-300ST and 3xADS Maximus Shakers | DEVICES: Oppo 203 UHD BD player, Apple TV 4K, Gaming PC w/i7700k CPU, NVIDIA RTX 2080ti | SPEAKERS: 6xSVS Prime Bookshelf, 2xSVS PB-2000 subs, SVS Prime Centre, 6xSVS Prime Elevation
post #5378 of 6093 Old 10-09-2019, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Now that we know there is a functional iris I am betting the iris on my first unit was not opening completely.
That is a distinct possibility.

Previous to this software, when you power up, the iris would fully close and then about a second later open back up again.

Power off and the same thing happened. That is how we knew there was an iris and it had power and logic to it.

Yours may indeed have been stuck in a slightly closed position.

Stephen Hawking.
post #5379 of 6093 Old 10-09-2019, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 806 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG View Post
So as far as the iris goes its a bit of Russian roulette, you won't know if it was defective until you update the software....Sounds like the replace filter minor bug fix, and entering menu twice is not horrible fix until new software update.

Is there a control to turn off the dynamic iris in case of malfunction?

From my understanding, the dynamic iris and laser dimming are now linked in the menu.

So I would assume that turning off laser dimming would turn off the dynamic iris, in the event the iris was malfunctioning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
LJG and Archibald1 like this.
post #5380 of 6093 Old 10-09-2019, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 806 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
Well I am less than pleased. They acknowledged the problem with the Iris, and authorized a warranty return for repair. This is my 3rd Sony projector in 3 years to go bad.

1st Sony 665es, panel went bad replaced with a new unit

2nd Sony 885es was only outputting about 1400 Lumens as measured by Chad B. Fought with Sony for a month, they said I and Chad B were wrong and the unit was fine. Finally sent one of their folks to my house, hit it with a light meter and said yeah its not working, and replaced.

3rd this crazy iris issue, and who knows with the fan message (they did not comment on that)

Needless to say I am at wits end with Sony. They sent me a return shipping label to get it repaired, but in the fine print it says this is not an insured shipment and if it is damaged it is your fault. I do have the original box. My dealer says he has no recourse with sony, and its just a wierd fluke that I keep getting bad projectors. He's never seen one fail.....

Questions for the crew:

1) Would you ship this item uninsured from San Diego to United Audio? If not who would you recommend to ship and insure with.

2) Can I get Sony to cover the insured shipping? Do I have any recourse with sony for getting all of these bad products?

3) Will my unit then have to be recalibrated by Kris Deering when I get it back, he did a great job the first time? Will Sony cover that cost?

Your dealer might not have a lot of recourse with Sony ES Support, but they should have some pull on behalf of the customer. And I’m speaking as a Sony Diamond dealer.

Since you are in San Diego, I would have your dealer ask Sony to allow you to send the unit directly to the Sony engineers in CA. This seems like an issue where the Sony engineers might want to look at the problem directly. This would require a lot less shipping time and less chances for damage.

But in regards to your questions, if you properly box the projector in it’s original factory box and take lots of pictures to document the condition of the box and the packaging inside, if there is any shipping damage, you won’t have a problem with Sony making it right. Especially since they are the ones to make the shipping arrangements.

I don’t think having Sony insure the shipping will happen, but again if there is any damage from shipping, and you boxed it properly, then Sony will make it right. I don’t believe you have any recourse from having a stroke of bad luck with Sony products. It’s just sort of the luck of the draw. But in saying that, it sounds like Sony has always taken care of your products, even replacing your 665ES with another and sending a Sony rep to your house to diagnose a problem on your 885ES and again replacing the defective unit.

With calibration you are pretty much out of luck. As a dealer I have never had any luck getting Sony, or any other manufacturer, to cover the cost of re-calibrating a projector. As a dealer, if we handle or coordinate 3rd party calibration, we work to discount the second calibration or we offer product or labor discounts to help off-set the cost.

But in saying all of that, I still understand the frustration of having to deal with these problems. From my own experience, the most painful part for myself or clients, is the amount of time the system is down while the unit is off for repair.

post #5381 of 6093 Old 10-09-2019, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I’ve noticed another anomaly. Firstly I think the update is a great improvement. The image is even better, and it was great beforehand.

Unfortunately ive noticed that sometimes the projector doesn’t appear to recognise source material as the screen is completely black, yet when I press the menu button the menu appears on screen. It’s happened with a pioneer uhd player, a 4k Apple TV, and sky q. I had to change source a few times or re-insert the Blu-ray to get it to function. PS when the screen is blank I’m still getting audio from the source.

This didn’t happen before the firmware update.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
post #5382 of 6093 Old 10-09-2019, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBProjector View Post
Unfortunately ive noticed that sometimes the projector doesn’t appear to recognise source material as the screen is completely black, yet when I press the menu button the menu appears on screen. It’s happened with a pioneer uhd player, a 4k Apple TV, and sky q. I had to change source a few times or re-insert the Blu-ray to get it to function. PS when the screen is blank I’m still getting audio from the source.

This didn’t happen before the firmware update.

Thanks
That is an interesting development.

Maybe that is something that can be added to the 'bug fixes' on the forthcoming update to fix the filter message.

Stephen Hawking.
post #5383 of 6093 Old 10-09-2019, 03:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post
From my understanding, the dynamic iris and laser dimming are now linked in the menu.

So I would assume that turning off laser dimming would turn off the dynamic iris, in the event the iris was malfunctioning.

I was wondering if there are any secret settings in the SM that would allow the iris to be disabled independent of the dimming.

One could surmise that it may be needed for diagnostics or something.

Stephen Hawking.
post #5384 of 6093 Old 10-09-2019, 06:01 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3421 Post(s)
Liked: 2298
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHT View Post
Wonder if the HDR setting will be selected if you send SDR2020 to the projector? Seems that would be needed for many folks. SJ

I wonder if anyone has tried that.

God Bless!
Equipment: Bose Soundbar; 1951 Philco Model 50-T701 Black and White tabletop TV;Projection :HANIMEX ZOOM 8 MM PROJECTOR
post #5385 of 6093 Old 10-09-2019, 11:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Quote:
Unfortunately ive noticed that sometimes the projector doesn’️t appear to recognise source material as the screen is completely black, yet when I press the menu button the menu appears on screen. It’️s happened with a pioneer uhd player, a 4k Apple TV, and sky q. I had to change source a few times or re-insert the Blu-ray to get it to function. PS when the screen is blank I’️m still getting audio from the source.

This didn’️t happen before the firmware update.

Thanks
That is an interesting development.

Maybe that is something that can be added to the 'bug fixes' on the forthcoming update to fix the filter message.
I’ll email the issue to Sony Pro support in case they are not aware of it.
Archibald1 likes this.
post #5386 of 6093 Old 10-10-2019, 02:04 AM

Quote:
I had my projector calibrated at the weekend. One thing I wondered is I'm getting about 28fl out of it max laser etc. on 125" 16:9 screen at full zoom. Does that sound about right to those who know? 2,000 lumens actually works out about 44fl on that screen size, but I know zoom dims it down a bit. Thoughts? After reading a post earlier from someone who had a unit that was dimmer than specced I'm suddenly concerned. Also, I'm only getting 8.5fl through 3D glasses.

I am considering a 1.8 gain (specced) screen replacement (1.5 in testing) as a result, which would put the fl back in the low 40s. Have some samples arriving later next week which I'll be testing for sparkles etc. Thoughts? I know @Wookii , and I think @coolgeek run with a high gain screen?
Bump. Any thoughts on the amount of light I'm getting, whether a gainy screen would be a good choice, or both would be appreciated. Don't necessarily need hard data, just your informed opinions.

Last edited by Slinkywizard; 10-10-2019 at 03:36 AM.
post #5387 of 6093 Old 10-10-2019, 03:38 AM

@Slinkywizard
I did a rough calculation and your calibrated 28 fl is about ok (assuming laser is set at 80% and your screen gain is 1.0).

Personally I would not go for a gain that is 1.4 or higher in your case. Hotspot problems are more obvious the less fl you have and the more gain you choose. Gain 1.2 or maybe 1.3 max might be good for you.

The second thing to consider is that significant improvements in HDR tonemapping are now available and progess is on going: MadVR and Envy, Lumagen with new improved DTM, JVC with its new Frame Adapt solution and also the new Sony firmware with a Panasonic Player have reduced the need for high gain screens very significantly IMO.
RioBar4U and Archibald1 like this.
post #5388 of 6093 Old 10-10-2019, 03:44 AM

Quote:
@Slinkywizard
I did a rough calculation and your calibrated 28 fl is about ok (assuming laser is set at 80% and your screen gain is 1.0).

Personally I would not go for a gain that is 1.4 or higher in your case. Hotspot problems are more obvious the less fl you have and the more gain you choose. Gain 1.2 or maybe 1.3 max might be good for you.

The second thing to consider is that significant improvements in HDR tonemapping are now available and progess is on going: MadVR and Envy, Lumagen with new improved DTM, JVC with its new Frame Adapt solution and also the new Sony firmware with a Panasonic Player have reduced the need for high gain screens very significantly IMO.
Thanks Mori. My current screen is actually 1.1 (specced) gain, and the laser is at MAX for 28.5Fl. That much brightness feels a little on the low side to me, but what do I know, I've only had the projector a month. It's certainly a lot brighter than my VW260ES was.

The 1.8 gain screen comes out measuring 1.41 in reality. I tracked down some other users using the same material and all report zero sparkles, zero texture, and a very even image even off-axis. What I'd ideally like to do is dial down the laser for SDR, and use the extra brightness for HDR and 3D. ANd the more I think about it, the more of a good idea this seems to me. I guess I'm convincing myself! Thank you for your response.

post #5389 of 6093 Old 10-10-2019, 03:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I’ll email the issue to Sony Pro support in case they are not aware of it.
Good idea.

Stephen Hawking.
post #5390 of 6093 Old 10-10-2019, 03:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Bump. Any thoughts on the amount of light I'm getting, whether a gainy screen would be a good choice, or both would be appreciated. Don't necessarily need hard data, just your informed opinions.
Calibration to D65 can reduce the light output considerably especially at max zoom.

How far from your screen is your projector?

A higher gain screen would bring back some brightness but you would lose out to potential hot-spotting and possibly speckling too.

Stephen Hawking.
post #5391 of 6093 Old 10-10-2019, 03:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Mori. My current screen is actually 1.1 (specced) gain, and the laser is at MAX for 28.5Fl. That much brightness feels a little on the low side to me, but what do I know, I've only had the projector a month. It's certainly a lot brighter than my VW260ES was.

The 1.8 gain screen comes out measuring 1.41 in reality. I tracked down some other users using the same material and all report zero sparkles, zero texture, and a very even image even off-axis. What I'd ideally like to do is dial down the laser for SDR, and use the extra brightness for HDR and 3D. ANd the more I think about it, the more of a good idea this seems to me. I guess I'm convincing myself! Thank you for your response.
Try not to fixate to much on the numbers too much.

Chasing stats/specs to the exclusion of a little subjective assessment, can be a high road to constant disappointment and also a money drain.

Use your eyes to determine if you are happy watching the image or not.

Stephen Hawking.
post #5392 of 6093 Old 10-10-2019, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Try not to fixate to much on the numbers too much.

Chasing stats/specs to the exclusion of a little subjective assessment, can be a high road to constant disappointment and also a money drain.

Use your eyes to determine if you are happy watching the image or not.
I would like HDR, 3D and gaming to be brighter. SDR is just fine. Ultimately, it's probably a done deal now I think about it. I'm getting the samples next week so will confirm reported lack of sparkles, texture and hotspotting then. Thanks for your thoughts. Changing my screen was going to happen anyway – I'm not doing it because of the brightness, I'm doing it because I want a different aspect ratio, but two birds with one stone and all that.

Last edited by Slinkywizard; 10-10-2019 at 04:05 AM.
post #5393 of 6093 Old 10-10-2019, 04:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post
I wonder if anyone has tried that.

I am interested to hear if that would work too.

Stephen Hawking.
post #5394 of 6093 Old 10-10-2019, 04:25 AM

@Slinkywizard

I also think that is at the low side. So I would then exspect to have about 20% more brightness than you actually measure.

A friend of mine was using the same screen like me (gain 1.4 officially) with a JVC X3. The picture all in all looked really poor. Frankly speaking, for me it was close to unwatchable. One of the problems was that he had quite a horrible hotspot. In my case with a VW760 - despite I can measure the hotspot (about 20%) - I can hardly see it. Then this friend bought a 20000 lumen projector from Sim2 and the obvious hotspot problem was gone ... so you have to be very careful to choose the correct screen that is matching your room and projector. It is very easy to make a mistake.

P.S. I have yet to see a high gain screen without sparkles. The one I use is very good IMO. I notice sparkles only in very large and bright areas and when I concentrate on seeing them. But sparkles are there as well if you are looking for them.
Archibald1 and Slinkywizard like this.
post #5395 of 6093 Old 10-10-2019, 04:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I would like HDR, 3D and gaming to be brighter. SDR is just fine. Ultimately, it's probably a done deal now I think about it. I'm getting the samples next week so will confirm reported lack of sparkles, texture and hotspotting then. Thanks for your thoughts. Changing my screen was going to happen anyway – I'm not doing it because of the brightness, I'm doing it because I want a different aspect ratio, but two birds with one stone and all that.
No probs!

If you were going to change your screen anyhoo, then yes, why not try to maximise the brightness!

As @Mori said, just don't go overboard on the gain.
*Mori* and Slinkywizard like this.

Stephen Hawking.
post #5396 of 6093 Old 10-10-2019, 04:31 AM

Quote:
@Slinkywizard

I also think that is at the low side. So I would then exspect to have about 20% more brightness than you actually measure.

A friend of mine was using the same screen like me (gain 1.4 officially) with a JVC X3. The picture all in all looked really poor. Frankly speaking, for me it was close to unwatchable. One of the problems was that he had quite a horrible hotspot. In my case with a VW760 - despite I can measure the hotspot (about 20%) - I can hardly see it. Then this friend bought a 20000 lumen projector from Sim2 and the obvious hotspot problem was gone ... so you have to be very careful to choose the correct screen that is matching your room and projector. It is very easy to make a mistake.

P.S. I have yet to see a high gain screen without sparkles. The one I use is very good IMO. I notice sparkles only in very large and bright areas and when I concentrate on seeing them. But sparkles are there as well if you are looking for them.
I assume you mean 2,000-lumen from Sim2, since he wasn't attempting to project onto the moon.

Well, I guess I will see when I test the sample. I'll measure the light in different parts of the screen to check for hotspotting. Thanks for the info, Mori. Very helpful.
*Mori* likes this.

post #5397 of 6093 Old 10-10-2019, 06:22 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy1 View Post
Has anyone outputting SDR2020 tried using it with the new firmware? I have seen a lot of discussion on this topic, but no actual reports, including workarounds.
SDR2020 also works with firmware 8.101, but the VW760ES requires either an HDR signal or at least the HDR flag to automatically switch to the HDR preset.
If you then switch "HDR=Off" in the projector's menu, the HDR preset is immediately deactivated again and the SDR preset is activated.
If you send an SDR2020 signal, the SDR preset remains active.
Users of an HTPC or a video processor such as the Lumagen Radiance Pro, who offer their own dynamic HDR tone mapping and therefore send an SDR2020 signal, must still manually set a different preset on the projector with "HDR = Off".
Peter
cappy1 and Silentmac like this.

S/W: LightSpace PRO, Calman 5, HCFR, Colorfacts
V/P: Lumagen Radiance Pro, DVDO AVlab TPG
Meters: JETI Spectraval 1501, Klein K-10A, I1Pro2, I1D3, Spyder 5 & X

Last edited by OMARDRIS; 10-10-2019 at 06:26 AM.
post #5398 of 6093 Old 10-10-2019, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3421 Post(s)
Liked: 2298
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMARDRIS View Post
SDR2020 also works with firmware 8.101, but the VW760ES requires either an HDR signal or at least the HDR flag to automatically switch to the HDR preset.
If you then switch "HDR=Off" in the projector's menu, the HDR preset is immediately deactivated again and the SDR preset is activated.
If you send an SDR2020 signal, the SDR preset remains active.
Users of an HTPC or a video processor such as the Lumagen Radiance Pro, who offer their own dynamic HDR tone mapping and therefore send an SDR2020 signal, must still manually set a different preset on the projector with "HDR = Off".
Peter
Thanks for that Peter
Archibald1 likes this.

God Bless!
Equipment: Bose Soundbar; 1951 Philco Model 50-T701 Black and White tabletop TV;Projection :HANIMEX ZOOM 8 MM PROJECTOR
post #5399 of 6093 Old 10-10-2019, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 4
The firmware 8.101 has been removed from Sonys site.
post #5400 of 6093 Old 10-10-2019, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMARDRIS View Post

Peter
Thanks, Peter.
I have the Lumagen Radiance Pro. If I send SDR2020 and turn "HDR=Off" in the projector how to take advantage of the new HDR settings on the projector? Send HDR flag?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page