My Dream Theater - Dream Team - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 111Likes

post #61 of 219 Old 07-15-2018, 05:09 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2218 Post(s)
Liked: 1428
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG View Post
Update, finalized M2 front top amps, thanks to Chris and Curt. Neither Theta or ATI for this task. M2 LFE to be decided shortly along with bed and ceiling amps. Thanks to Nyal for fitting the acoustical treatments under Rayva/Theo panel design. And a special than you to Eric Chuderwicz Rayva Project engineer. We are getting very close now to putting a bow on the entire design/acoustic phase.

Speakers finalized and ordered

3 M2's
8 SCL's
8 708 i's

Stay tuned
Cool.

Synthesis Amps for all?

What's your tentative project completion date? Excited for you.

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 219 Old 07-15-2018, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1241 Post(s)
Liked: 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

What's your tentative project completion date? Excited for you.

+1

Art
post #63 of 219 Old 07-16-2018, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Tentative construction completion November 1. Firming up amps for tops today.
bgarcia likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 219 Old 07-16-2018, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Got it.. well, you're 4 mos ahead of me.

Curious to see your amp selections... Keep us posted!

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
post #65 of 219 Old 07-16-2018, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Amp selection. All 22 channels of amplification can be easily interchangeable within system without changing the JBLSDP75 interconnects but by simply moving/interchanging the speaker wire connects in the equipment rack.

M2 Horn and LFE Mark Levinson 5 series H, not an original idea as Rob Hahn is using 533H for M2 Horns. Chosen for Midrange, vocals and musicality.

M2, LFE, and here is where it gets a little interesting , I have spec'd out additional 3 channels of Mark Levinson 5 series H with the ability to easily move the following amps within the 22 channels of speakers in case the ML 5 series H comes up a little short for M2 LFE.

Bed channels:

Theta Dreadnaught D, again with ability to swap amp/speaker channels within system by simply changing speaker wiring in rack. JBL75 interconnects to amps will remain coonstant

Ceiling channels:

Ati Ncore 5282 8 Channel.
post #66 of 219 Old 07-16-2018, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
I am assuming you are very excited to get the build underway!

Can't wait to start seeing pictures.
post #67 of 219 Old 07-17-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Amp selection. All 22 channels of amplification can be easily interchangeable within system without changing the JBLSDP75 interconnects but by simply moving/interchanging the speaker wire connects in the equipment rack.

M2 Horn and LFE Mark Levinson 5 series H, not an original idea as Rob Hahn is using 533H for M2 Horns. Chosen for Midrange, vocals and musicality.

M2, LFE, and here is where it gets a little interesting , I have spec'd out additional 3 channels of Mark Levinson 5 series H with the ability to easily move the following amps within the 22 channels of speakers in case the ML 5 series H comes up a little short for M2 LFE.

Bed channels:

Theta Dreadnaught D, again with ability to swap amp/speaker channels within system by simply changing speaker wiring in rack. JBL75 interconnects to amps will remain coonstant

Ceiling channels:

Outstanding. I’ll bet you cannot wait.

post #68 of 219 Old 07-17-2018, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1515 Post(s)
Liked: 751
Quote:

Bed channels:

Ceiling channels:

Maybe you better not come to CEDIA this September because you already have it all nicely speced out and you wouln't want to make any last second changes would you? Seriously you newly renovated theater will be very, very nice and I am already very, very jealous!

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
post #69 of 219 Old 07-18-2018, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

YES to everything, Can't wait to get the shovel in the ground on Monday!!! All gear has been ordered. Waiting on final acoustical treatment plan to order. Rayva panels in final engineering/drawing phase. Will post details on final Rayva and acoustical treatments very shortly.
post #70 of 219 Old 07-29-2018, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Progress drawings
Attached Files
File Type: pdf goldstein_cd_1.0 (1).pdf (635.0 KB, 313 views)
Mark Seaton, Reddig and gwthacker like this.
post #71 of 219 Old 07-29-2018, 07:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Progress drawings
Amazing gear .... will be Audio nirvana
What screen will you be using ?
post #72 of 219 Old 07-30-2018, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1241 Post(s)
Liked: 1648
post #73 of 219 Old 07-30-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Progress drawings
You know, I appreciate your doing one row there. I'm sure you could've done two rows, but each would've been compromised in some way acoustically...

I did a similar thing (sort of) I had my designer design for a single row (to be ideal acoustically, visually) and then I squeezed in a second row for extra guests (9/10 movies are my just me and my wife).

Excited for your job here!
Holy Grail likes this.

post #74 of 219 Old 07-30-2018, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
You know, I appreciate your doing one row there. I'm sure you could've done two rows, but each would've been compromised in some way acoustically...

I did a similar thing (sort of) I had my designer design for a single row (to be ideal acoustically, visually) and then I squeezed in a second row for extra guests (9/10 movies are my just me and my wife).

Excited for your job here!
The first row is the critical viewing and acoustical row, everything is designed around this and more specifically the MLP. The rear counter area is for casual viewing of sporting events for myself and my family with food and drinks think Saturday/Sunday football and US Open/Masters Golf etc., March Madness/Superbowl. So essentially first row critical movie watching, second row counter non critical sports viewing with many people.
post #75 of 219 Old 07-30-2018, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
Amazing gear .... will be Audio nirvana
What screen will you be using ?
Stewart 100 microperf.
Killer likes this.
post #76 of 219 Old 08-06-2018, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

I am going to need to have my automated LED mounts modified so that they only move out a short distance before they open and turn due to front side speakers and acoustical treatments. A movement something like attached. Looking for a recommended source for this custom modification/design.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Motorized LED mount change.pdf (110.6 KB, 113 views)
post #77 of 219 Old 08-08-2018, 02:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Quoted: 911 Post(s)
Liked: 2545
Quote:
I am going to need to have my automated LED mounts modified so that they only move out a short distance before they open and turn due to front side speakers and acoustical treatments. A movement something like attached. Looking for a recommended source for this custom modification/design.

Thanks
That's going to be quite the entertainment space. Congrats on getting things in motion.

For the mount question, there are typically 5-10 companies with various TV mounts and motorized options scattered through the CEDIA Expo floor, but off the top of my head, I'd be surprised if Auton couldn't deliver something, and likely only need to modify an existing design, which is always the best solution rather than something entirely unproven.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
post #78 of 219 Old 08-08-2018, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
That's going to be quite the entertainment space. Congrats on getting things in motion.

For the mount question, there are typically 5-10 companies with various TV mounts and motorized options scattered through the CEDIA Expo floor, but off the top of my head, I'd be surprised if Auton couldn't deliver something, and likely only need to modify an existing design, which is always the best solution rather than something entirely unproven.
Thanks Mark, Auton was on my short list and they have a solution they sent me this morning. The good news is the LED automatic mounts may not need to be re-designed as Eric seems to have re-worked the designs nicely around their movements.
post #79 of 219 Old 08-11-2018, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Progress, foundation walls completed, framing starts next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0434.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	2440478  
Reddig and Holy Grail like this.
post #80 of 219 Old 08-13-2018, 03:35 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Update, finalized M2 front top amps, thanks to Chris and Curt. Neither Theta or ATI for this task. M2 LFE to be decided shortly along with bed and ceiling amps. Thanks to Nyal for fitting the acoustical treatments under Rayva/Theo panel design. And a special than you to Eric Chuderwicz Rayva Project engineer. We are getting very close now to putting a bow on the entire design/acoustic phase.

Speakers finalized and ordered

3 M2's
8 SCL's
8 708 i's

Stay tuned
Congrats on a fantastic build.

Just curious, was there any specific reason you switched to 708i instead of 705i?
post #81 of 219 Old 08-13-2018, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuning View Post
Congrats on a fantastic build.

Just curious, was there any specific reason you switched to 708i instead of 705i?
Couldn't fit 708i's on ceiling and pointed to MLP.
post #82 of 219 Old 08-26-2018, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Only one thing better than a good movie, and that's an ACE, hole in one today!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1261 (1).jpeg
Views:	224
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	2447004  
post #83 of 219 Old 08-26-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Only one thing better than a good movie, and that's an ACE, hole in one today!!!!
Now that’s awesome... now where’s my drink!

Congrats!
post #84 of 219 Old 09-19-2018, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Framing complete!!! Final detailed plans next day or two for panel fabrication. Theater will be disassembled Monday 10/1, on 10/2 we gut the interior and begin wiring, screen wall build out. For those of you who have PM'd me about gear for sale just follow this link to classified https://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-a...ater-sale.html.
Mark Seaton and Holy Grail like this.
post #85 of 219 Old 10-01-2018, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Latest design plans, I need to bring projector into theater which will be quite challenging, working on hush box solutions...Back to the drawing board
Attached Files
File Type: pdf projector_box (1).pdf (894.6 KB, 119 views)
post #86 of 219 Old 10-01-2018, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Quote:
Latest design plans, I need to bring projector into theater which will be quite challenging, working on hush box solutions...Back to the drawing board
Lon - Cautioning about the heat canon this projector is - I had to get rid of my port glass, so that suction side has good airflow - put a Active thermal System 1(awesome high airflow and quiet solution) with cool tube behind the projector - and at times in summer (outside temperature 105) the suction shows (in menu of 5000) 92 degrees or even above and exhaust a whopping 122...
And since I run the projector at 100 Laser and the room is NC12 I can hear the projector more than my Sim2 Lumis Host especially watching 4K HDR movies in P3...

I noticed in the drawings attached that your hush box is much more constricted than mine and mine has quite some space above - going into the attic although I have almost no space left right and behind and very little under...
post #87 of 219 Old 10-01-2018, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Sharma View Post
Lon - Cautioning about the heat canon this projector is - I had to get rid of my port glass, so that suction side has good airflow - put a Active thermal System 1(awesome high airflow and quiet solution) with cool tube behind the projector - and at times in summer (outside temperature 105) the suction shows (in menu of 5000) 92 degrees or even above and exhaust a whopping 122...
And since I run the projector at 100 Laser and the room is NC12 I can hear the projector more than my Sim2 Lumis Host especially watching 4K HDR movies in P3...

I noticed in the drawings attached that your hush box is much more constricted than mine and mine has quite some space above - going into the attic although I have almost no space left right and behind and very little under...
Hi Ash:

Thanks for the input, those are ceiling treatment panels so I have over 2 feet to the actual ceiling. I am assuming your attic is an unconditioned space? Does your hush box provide for supply and return ducting? Nyal is working on the internal design of the hush box and the ducting to return and supply. We are going to try and have the supply and returns go to conditioned space.
post #88 of 219 Old 10-01-2018, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 629 Post(s)
Liked: 175
A few of the suggestions I posted in the Murat thread, go upto 15K lumens projectors, so should be plenty of head room for a 5000 lumens Sony.
post #89 of 219 Old 10-01-2018, 05:24 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Quote:
Hi Ash:

Thanks for the input, those are ceiling treatment panels so I have over 2 feet to the actual ceiling. I am assuming your attic is an unconditioned space? Does your hush box provide for supply and return ducting? Nyal is working on the internal design of the hush box and the ducting to return and supply. We are going to try and have the supply and returns go to conditioned space.
Yes the attic in my case is an unconditioned space and gets super hot in summer although the attic has 12 feet of open space above it (a very tall person can walk around and still have a few feet above him) - if yours is conditioned that would be a huge benefit - also I know you are up North so don't get the brutal high temps we get in the South.

I could add a supply to the hush box from under it - my hush box in not in the theater but in the lobby behind it (designed by Dennis Erskine) but in my case the supply is from the Theater (which runs at 72 to 74 F) through the projector port - pushes through he projector and the exhaust of the projector is ducted up as the return where the active thermal fan (system 1) pulls the air out in the attic (which is unconditioned)...

It is a crap shoot - if the room is very quiet (which I am sure yours will be) you will hear the projector unless your guys can defy the laws of physics..
post #90 of 219 Old 10-01-2018, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldk View Post
A few of the suggestions I posted in the Murat thread, go upto 15K lumens projectors, so should be plenty of head room for a 5000 lumens Sony.
Nice Find Donald on Draper Silent partner, thanks! Ductless is big positive. I’ll run this past Nyal.

https://www.draperinc.com/documentdo...rtner_0818.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page