Christie Eclipse Projector - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 832Likes

post #841 of 858 Old 10-07-2019, 03:20 PM
We're Nuts About AV

Mentioned: 260 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4117 Post(s)
Liked: 6655
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
"Most people" being the 17 who choose to spend that much? The 2nd guy on the list will be Art, the first SHOULD BE Rob Hahn with his 19 foot screen!!
Just to be clear... The first guy on the list is ME

The second guy on the list is Alan Gouger

The third guy on the list is Art...

... Form an orderly queue people!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 858 Old 10-07-2019, 07:22 PM
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 781 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Looks like a pretty impressive first buy list
post #843 of 858 Old 10-07-2019, 07:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1131 Post(s)
Liked: 757
There’s going to be some good used 5000s for sale soon.... Form another line!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #844 of 858 Old 10-07-2019, 10:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 3656 Post(s)
Liked: 2072
There are plenty of rich people that aren't on this forum, who would consider it. The big question will be size and install.
ARROW-AV likes this.

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
post #845 of 858 Old 10-08-2019, 05:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 5095 Post(s)
Liked: 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
The big question will be size and install.

...... and price!

I am aware of someone who is a potential candidate for this projector, but if the price is, say, $300,000, his interest will drop to zero immediately.

Mark 10:45 ][ Home Theater of The Month: The Oconee Theater ][ Music by Leslie Austin ][
Jeremiah 4:1-2
post #846 of 858 Old 10-08-2019, 06:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked: 527
Quote:
...... and price!

I am aware of someone who is a potential candidate for this projector, but if the price is, say, $300,000, his interest will drop to zero immediately.
So are you saying Arthur Blank spent to much on Matt and Julio so he is tapped out?
audioguy likes this.

Mike Miles
[email protected]
post #847 of 858 Old 10-08-2019, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Liked: 1132
Quote:
...... and price!

I think it’s time for him to dial that interest back. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ericglo and dgrizzard like this.
post #848 of 858 Old 10-08-2019, 07:24 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked: 673
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHT View Post
There’s going to be some good used 5000s for sale soon.... Form another line!
I'm going to keep that in mind.

T.
post #849 of 858 Old 10-08-2019, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 5095 Post(s)
Liked: 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
I'm going to keep that in mind.

T.

Really? For your size screen? What is it about the Sony 5000 that you might prefer over your existing RS4500?

Mark 10:45 ][ Home Theater of The Month: The Oconee Theater ][ Music by Leslie Austin ][
Jeremiah 4:1-2
post #850 of 858 Old 10-08-2019, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked: 673
Quote:
Really? For your size screen? What is it about the Sony 5000 that you might prefer over your existing RS4500?
Chuck,

Well I have thought it would be a definite asset to have the added brightness of the Sony 5000 for my H/T.
The reason being as you know I could simply run it on a much lower setting and it would probably last me the rest of my life.
That's the real reason I have considered it when also looking into the JVC RS4500.
To me the Sony 5000 with Factory Guaranteed Warranty from a truly "Authorized" Sony dealer was more monies than I was willing to spend.

So, in typing this answering to you I have once again Flipped-Flopped as if I did locate a very-very low use Sony 5000 I'd end up with No-Warranty.

Thanks for asking and now once again I have my head back on straight.

T.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 10-08-2019 at 09:50 AM.
post #851 of 858 Old 10-08-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
...... and price!

Price is always a concern, but there is a group of people that money isn't an object for whatever they want. I grew up in Atlanta and my sister lives in Johns Creek. I doubt there is a lot of people up there that would be interested in this pj at your estimated price.

On the other side, I have met people and there are plenty down here that wouldn't even blink at that price. One customer has a Wisdom system with Sony 5000 in the theater of his $40 million house. Rumor is that once he gets the permits the house will be torn down with a bigger house built. I doubt he would care if the Christie was $1 million. LOL. It is why I told Arrow he needs to expand into this market. It is also why Cineramax continues to try make it here. I am sure LA, San Fran and NY are the same.

I should add that I heard on IIRC NPR that China has something like 2 new billionares every week or month. I recall a decade ago that CRTs were huge in China. They didn't mind paying a huge premium for them even though most including Art had already moved on.

As Arrow said, this is the Bugatti of pjs. I met an owner of a Bugatti. Nice car. I will never own one, but this guy does. Same with the Christie.
ARROW-AV and dgrizzard like this.

post #852 of 858 Old 10-08-2019, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post
Just to be clear... The first guy on the list is ME

The second guy on the list is Alan Gouger

The third guy on the list is Art...

... Form an orderly queue people!

I am sure Alan will miss the tinkering with irises;-).
ccool96 and ARROW-AV like this.
post #853 of 858 Old 10-08-2019, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Price is always a concern, but there is a group of people that money isn't an object for whatever they want. I grew up in Atlanta and my sister lives in Johns Creek. I doubt there is a lot of people up there that would be interested in this pj at your estimated price.

On the other side, I have met people and there are plenty down here that wouldn't even blink at that price. One customer has a Wisdom system with Sony 5000 in the theater of his $40 million house. Rumor is that once he gets the permits the house will be torn down with a bigger house built. I doubt he would care if the Christie was $1 million. LOL. It is why I told Arrow he needs to expand into this market. It is also why Cineramax continues to try make it here. I am sure LA, San Fran and NY are the same.

I should add that I heard on IIRC NPR that China has something like 2 new billionares every week or month. I recall a decade ago that CRTs were huge in China. They didn't mind paying a huge premium for them even though most including Art had already moved on.

As Arrow said, this is the Bugatti of pjs. I met an owner of a Bugatti. Nice car. I will never own one, but this guy does. Same with the Christie.

When we first started, before Nigel even honed in on this projector, there was interest for the original dual projector projector, that was in the mentioned ball park, for which Christie told me it had the marketing rights in other markets, outside the public/commercial exhibition market, or Cinema. But Christie flipped back and forth. Christie also went yes, no, not sure, yes, and so forth on this single non-Dolby projector, through the years. It has been going on 6,5 years. So yes there is interest, even at higher pricepoints. You may add the more expansive /expensive retirement regions as well Eric.
post #854 of 858 Old 10-08-2019, 01:13 PM
We're Nuts About AV

Mentioned: 260 Post(s)
Quoted: 4117 Post(s)
Liked: 6655
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldk View Post
When we first started, before Nigel even honed in on this projector, there was interest for the original dual projector projector, that was in the mentioned ball park, for which Christie told me it had the marketing rights in other markets, outside the public/commercial exhibition market, or Cinema. But Christie flipped back and forth. Christie also went yes, no, not sure, yes, and so forth on this single non-Dolby projector, through the years. It has been going on 6,5 years. So yes there is interest, even at higher pricepoints. You may add the more expansive /expensive retirement regions as well Eric.
This is not that projector Donald.

This is brand new electronics.

In short, it's better.

It's next generation as compared with the Dolby Cinema projector

Suffice to say, that projector does not measure 21 MILLION: 1 native ON/OFF contrast for starters...

post #855 of 858 Old 10-08-2019, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post
This is not that projector Donald.

This is brand new electronics.

In short, it's better.

It's next generation as compared with the Dolby Cinema projector

Suffice to say, that projector does not measure 21 MILLION: 1 native ON/OFF contrast for starters...

Christie has been working on its own high contrast projector for at least that long, the project has been shelved at least once over that time. Christie told me that it was looking to develop this non-Dolby projector further and market it in about three years (those have come and gone by a long time now;-)). So, why not sell the co-development projector(s) then if you have the non- cinema marketing rights. A perhaps small, but instant market, with no additional engineering effort required, that was the discussion at the time, I and others had with Christie people, as there was real interest. Anyway, that went nowhere, so let's see how this pans out.

Will it be able to sport a secure connection/dci server/mediablock? My memory says no, but not sure.
post #856 of 858 Old 10-08-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
So yes there is interest, even at higher pricepoints. You may add the more expansive /expensive retirement regions as well Eric.
Yes, the west coast of Florida has a lot of rich retirees as well. Maybe not as much as down here. I guess I could be like Cineramin and name drop about Facebook founders and Fortune 500 CEOs. Check out Sunny Isles and places like the Porsche Tower. That building was built by the previously mentioned Bugatti owner.

post #857 of 858 Old 10-08-2019, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes, the west coast of Florida has a lot of rich retirees as well. Maybe not as much as down here. I guess I could be like Cineramin and name drop about Facebook founders and Fortune 500 CEOs. Check out Sunny Isles and places like the Porsche Tower. That building was built by the previously mentioned Bugatti owner.
You couldn't resist namedropping, could you Eric, lol. Porsche Tower and Gil Dezer are synonymous;-). Dezer, Colombo, Doronin all big names in (Miami) property development.
post #858 of 858 Old 10-08-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
You couldn't resist namedropping, could you Eric, lol. Porsche Tower and Gil Dezer are synonymous;-). Dezer, Colombo, Doronin all big names in (Miami) property development.
Because I knew he was reading. The difference is I don't give a damn while Peter has to put it front and center.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page