Bruzer cinema 9.4.9 is coming soon! - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #31 of 61 Old 04-23-2019, 06:58 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1215 Post(s)
Liked: 1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
Have never believed in burn in concept
But after two weeks system sounds more detailed . It may be imagination or the Alcons ribbons . No idea
I am not claiming any burn in theory , just stating what I am hearing
So why did you say it could be "Burn In" as a possibility ? If you said you couldn't find your glasses a ghost could have taken them or maybe you were forgetful with a straight face you believe in ghosts.

Art
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 61 Old 04-23-2019, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post
Quote:
But after two weeks system sounds more detailed . It may be imagination or the Alcons ribbons . No idea
So why did you say it could be "Burn In" as a possibility ? If you said you couldn't find your glasses a ghost could have taken them or maybe you were forgetful with a straight face you believe in ghosts.

Art
Well it was in context to Steve’s statement
I can rephrase and say , it is sounding better because of unknown reason ....
post #33 of 61 Old 04-23-2019, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Quote:
Steve

I have noticed improvement after playing few movies , I don't know if that's burn in of the trinnov or the ribbon drivers or both .
In any case , I have used handful of UV codes from the discs I bought or purchases from Fandago with the UV rights and was able to redeem without any extra money on Kscape ( these were assortment of Blu Ray and 4K , but only half a dozen or so). I hardly buy discs , so cant comment in general. For blu rays and DVDs , and CDs you can buy the older premiere server and vault ( which I use along with newer strato 4K)and rip all your discs (non 4K) on kscape server without any extra money ( of course you will pay money for their vault and server etc ). But as you have seen in my theater its a breeze to browse through the movies and scenes and create your own scenes etc . I have had Kscape for 8 years now and have added various components during this tiome and cant remember ever rebooting any during this time or any component crashing . Haven't changed a single hard drive yet because of failure.
if you get interested and the UV purchases can be honored on kscape before they close, text me .
Yes there is upgrade fee if you go from disc to digital , but it is nominal and I am only talking about blu ray . Only advantage of that is that it frees up a slot in the blu ray vault. But you don't need to , if you don't need extra slot .
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bogg View Post
Good stuff...more room pics please! You've certainly spent a pile of retirement cash in the last year!!!!![IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG]
Darn that Mani. He's talkin' me into spending more of my retirement $$. I'm gonna have to enjoy it for now and die early so I don't totally run out of $$. Now Mani today has more or less talked me into Kaleidescape Strato C player and Terra Movie Server probably 40 TB. That Mani's gonna be the death (early) of me yet![IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Here to help Steve any way I can 😜
You only live once ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 61 Old 04-23-2019, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1465 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Quote:
Darn that Mani. He's talkin' me into spending more of my retirement $$. I'm gonna have to enjoy it for now and die early so I don't totally run out of $$. Now Mani today has more or less talked me into Kaleidescape Strato C player and Terra Movie Server probably 40 TB. That Mani's gonna be the death (early) of me yet!
Quote:
Quote:

Art
Quote:
Well it was in context to Steve’s statement
I can rephrase and say , it is sounding better because of unknown reason ....
You guys are burnin' me up and crackin' me up here!

I believe in my ability to hear/analyze AND to rule in/out via the scientific method. For me there are times that I think (not believe, that's too dogmatic) "burn-in" is a rational explanation. The only other explanation I can think of is that multiple ghosts put their hands in front of all the speakers last Wed night when the sound of "Aquaman" sucked!
G-Rex likes this.

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
post #35 of 61 Old 04-23-2019, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1215 Post(s)
Liked: 1645
Quote:

I believe in my ability to hear/analyze AND to rule in/out via the scientific method. For me there are times that I think (not believe, that's too dogmatic) "burn-in" is a rational explanation.
Must be believed to be seen.

Art
The Bogg and JohnnyWilkinson like this.
post #36 of 61 Old 04-23-2019, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Must be believed to be seen.

Art
You mean "Must be heard to be believed!" HA!

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
post #37 of 61 Old 04-24-2019, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Having friends, especially AV friends, can be very costly.

Ash Sharma has been after me for over a year "Steve, you got to get the Panamorph Paladin DCR anamorphic lens - its the best component I've ever got for the $$".
Ash posts at least monthly that I'll get one and calls me with the same frequency to get one!

Now Mani, he just texts me lately all the time I've got to get a Kaleidescape! OK already. Enough.

The above gear is now being ordered.

What changed?

Had a nice lunch with my financial planner and decided to pull more $$ out of my retirement savings (self-financed as an attorney, as I don't have an employer retirement other than my own).

Tired of Ash and Mani getting after me!

Biggest factor though is my darn friend/installer Gerry Behm [email protected] here in Phoenix. Gerry said lets take out the cabinets/drawers/wetbar (I really don't use it, not a big drinker like THE BLAND!) at back of room and we'll redo for component racks. I tell Ash, and he says "Steve, move projector back there behind port glass and add the Panamorph Paladin DCR anamorphic lens!" Daily I here this from Ash! It only involves moving the projector maybe 2.5' back from where it is now. And the projector noise I blank out hearing now during video will be gone! This alone is an audio upgrade! So I tell Gerry this today and he says, yea, I was thinkin' of that, too!

Last edited by Steve Bruzonsky; 06-07-2019 at 10:47 PM.
post #38 of 61 Old 04-24-2019, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ash Sharma has been after me for over a year "Steve, you got to get the Panamorph Paladin DCR anamorphic lens - its the best component I've ever got for the $$".
Ash posts at least monthly that I'll get one and calls me with the same frequency to get one!

Now Mani, he just texts me lately all the time I've got to get a Kaleidescape! OK already. Enough.

The above gear is now being ordered.

What changed?

Had a nice lunch with my financial planner and decided to pull more $$ out of my retirement savings (self-financed as an attorney, as I don't have an employer retirement other than my own).

Tired of Ash and Mani getting after me! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

Biggest factor though is my darn friend/installer Gerry Behm [email protected] here in Phoenix. Gerry said lets take out the cabinets/drawers/wetbar (I really don't use it, not a big drinker like THE BLAND!) at back of room and we'll redo for component racks. I tell Ash, and he says "Steve, move projector back there behind port glass and add the Panamorph Paladin DCR anamorphic lens!" Daily I here this from Ash! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG] It only involves moving the projector maybe 2.5' back from where it is now. And the projector noise I blank out hearing now during video will be gone! This alone is an audio upgrade! So I tell Gerry this today and he says, yea, I was thinkin' of that, too!

See my revised signature below which shows not what I have now, but what I have or am getting and will be installed soon!
Well Steve you made me buy Trinnov !!! , so I am just returning the favor 😀😀
post #39 of 61 Old 04-24-2019, 06:58 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Liked: 690
Quote:

You will not regret getting a DCR I assure you... makes the 5000 picture look beautiful... don't know what it is but it works - I thought I had placebo effect when using DCR BUT when Craig Peer who is a video Guru and then many others who bought or used DCR confirmed - I just found that I have a eye for a good picture :-) best 'small' dollars I spent in my theater..

LOOK - I just hit 2001 posts - it only took me 20 years... may Steve has. the most Spaced '2001' Cinema
Craig Peer likes this.
post #40 of 61 Old 04-24-2019, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Well Steve you made me buy Trinnov !!! , so I am just returning the favor 😀😀
You still have more $$ to spend to catch up. Maybe some Vicoustics treatments will liven up everything for you. HA!

post #41 of 61 Old 04-24-2019, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Sharma View Post
You will not regret getting a DCR I assure you... makes the 5000 picture look beautiful... don't know what it is but it works - I thought I had placebo effect when using DCR BUT when Craig Peer who is a video Guru and then many others who bought or used DCR confirmed - I just found that I have a eye for a good picture :-) best 'small' dollars I spent in my theater..

LOOK - I just hit 2001 posts - it only took me 20 years... may Steve has. the most Spaced '2001' Cinema
I had hit 20,000 posts back in like 2001 but thereafter my posts and posts count got deleted some and I still have hardly made it back 18 years later1 HA!

Ash, in a year or so, when Aerial Acoustics comes out with their new 30T, you can replace those 20Ts up front! HA! You may have an eye for a good picture. I have an ear for good [email protected]@ Aerial all the way!
Craig Peer likes this.

post #42 of 61 Old 05-24-2019, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

Update: My cabinet guy came last week. He and my installer are working on renovation plans for me to approve. Unfortunately the cabinet guy is backed up and won't be able to get to me until July or August so that's when the install will be. Meanwhile, with my existing system, I am so enjoying my now Trinnov based theatre.

Last edited by markrubin; 05-26-2019 at 02:27 PM.
post #43 of 61 Old 05-24-2019, 05:00 AM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2206 Post(s)
Liked: 1414
Quote:

Biggest factor though is my darn friend/installer Gerry Behm [email protected] here in Phoenix. Gerry said lets take out the cabinets/drawers/wetbar (I really don't use it, not a big drinker like THE BLAND!) at back of room and we'll redo for component racks.
Well, that is true! But now that it is summer, less red wine and more IPAs and bourbon & rye in the evenings!

Nice set up!!!

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.

Last edited by thebland; 05-24-2019 at 08:33 AM.
post #44 of 61 Old 05-24-2019, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
Well, that is true! But now that it is summer, less red wine and more IPAs and bourbon & bye in the evenings!

Nice set up!!!
Hi Jeff, are you up and running? I look forward to reading about your new HT.
post #45 of 61 Old 05-25-2019, 05:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 4718 Post(s)
Liked: 3500
Quote:
Well, that is true! But now that it is summer, less red wine and more IPAs and bourbon & rye in the evenings!

Nice set up!!!
"less red wine"? NEVER !!
Craig Peer and Art Sonneborn like this.
post #46 of 61 Old 05-25-2019, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Nice set up!!!
I will be going to Mpls for a family function mid-August! Mebbe I'll stop by Michigan - Mark Burnstein has been buggin' me and buggin' me.
Will your theater be all done and calibrated? Mebee we'll stop by (lets see if Burnstein reads this - should get him excited the Bruzer coming to town. He wanted me to meet him in Vegas in Sept but he'll be there when CEDIA is in Denver and sorry Denver will be more fun!)

I already have good honest trustworthy new dealers lined up if folks ask me for a referral for any HT stuff, too! Doesn't take long in this hobby as we know so many people in the hobby and folks in the AV business!

post #47 of 61 Old 05-25-2019, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked: 624
Quote:
I will be going to Mpls for a family function mid-August! Mebbe I'll stop by Michigan - Mark Burnstein has been buggin' me and buggin' me.
Will your theater be all done and calibrated? Mebee we'll stop by (lets see if Burnstein reads this - should get him excited the Bruzer coming to town. He wanted me to meet him in Vegas in Sept but he'll be there when CEDIA is in Denver and sorry Denver will be more fun!)

I already have good honest trustworthy new dealers lined up if folks ask me for a referral for any HT stuff, too! Doesn't take long in this hobby as we know so many people in the hobby and folks in the AV business!
I will be turning that room over to Jeff on June 4th hopefully.
Art Sonneborn likes this.

Adam Pelz ,Acoustic Mafia - Hear No Evil
JBL Master ARCOS Calibrator, CEDIA Designer, Home Acoustics Alliance Instructor LIII, THX HT1+ HT2+ Video, Level III Trinnov Altitude Calibrator
Mercenary Calibrator for Manufacturers, Integrators and System Owners
post #48 of 61 Old 05-25-2019, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelz View Post
I will be turning that room over to Jeff on June 4th hopefully.
Great!!! Looks like my install, due to cabintry,will have to wait for July August!

post #49 of 61 Old 05-26-2019, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:

Just read this Steve!!!

mark
post #50 of 61 Old 05-26-2019, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburnstein View Post
Just read this Steve!!!
We'll talk. If you will be around maybe I can stop by for a day or [email protected]@@ I hope my visit won't be too BLAND!

post #51 of 61 Old 07-31-2019, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

My theatre upgrade/renovation starts tomorrow! YIKES!***
appelz, UptownLG, p3bham and 2 others like this.

post #52 of 61 Old 07-31-2019, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 5336 Post(s)
Liked: 4836
Subscribed Steve!
post #53 of 61 Old 07-31-2019, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

So within the next few days we should determine exactly how many inceiling Triads we will be using (13 maximum - and perhaps why not, gotta tear up the room anyway why not make it future proof in terms of DTS Pro and Auro-3D in terms of all possible inceiling speaker configurations as recommended by Trinnov) (possibly existing structure, air ducts, etc may lead us to use a bit less, we will see). And we can figure out what we want to do with my 2nd row platform in terms of expansion and adding any more recliners. Once this is figured out and time frame I can order up Adam in advance. FINALLY! Ash- I already configured my Lumagen Radiance Pro and Sony VW5000 projector for right side up picture with the Panamorph Paladin DCR lens so you can get off my back on getting this - finally after more than 1.5 years of Ash hassling me! Though I've been hassling him for almost 2 years to get a Lumagen Radiance Pro to no effect. HA! HA!
Ash Sharma likes this.

post #54 of 61 Old 08-01-2019, 02:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So within the next few days we should determine exactly how many inceiling Triads we will be using (13 maximum - and perhaps why not, gotta tear up the room anyway why not make it future proof in terms of DTS Pro and Auro-3D in terms of all possible inceiling speaker configurations as recommended by Trinnov) (possibly existing structure, air ducts, etc may lead us to use a bit less, we will see). And we can figure out what we want to do with my 2nd row platform in terms of expansion and adding any more recliners. Once this is figured out and time frame I can order up Adam in advance. FINALLY! Ash- I already configured my Lumagen Radiance Pro and Sony VW5000 projector for right side up picture with the Panamorph Paladin DCR lens so you can get off my back on getting this - finally after more than 1.5 years of Ash hassling me! Though I've been hassling him for almost 2 years to get a Lumagen Radiance Pro to no effect. HA! HA!
Looking forward to the upgrade and visit your theater ...!!
One thing to consider if you are tearing up the walls etc , to put in dedicated circuits at base speaker layer locations and conduits as well ( in case you decide to get active monitors down the road )
PS : we will have to gift Ash a Lumagen , that’s the only way he may use it and get convinced 🙂... 😀

Cheers
Ash Sharma likes this.
post #55 of 61 Old 08-01-2019, 05:29 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Liked: 690
Quote:
So within the next few days we should determine exactly how many inceiling Triads we will be using (13 maximum - and perhaps why not, gotta tear up the room anyway why not make it future proof in terms of DTS Pro and Auro-3D in terms of all possible inceiling speaker configurations as recommended by Trinnov) (possibly existing structure, air ducts, etc may lead us to use a bit less, we will see). HA! HA!
Steve,
In my setup - we installed front height LCR (these are small Triads above the Aerial LCR's) behind the AT screen (to use up the channels) and not sure how the master calibrator 'Adam' put them in the mix but if you have extra channels and no place to add more speakers I would discuss with Adam.
When do you finish the install? Very excited for you.
Ash
post #56 of 61 Old 08-01-2019, 06:35 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Can't wait to see this one start to take shape. Congrats!

Roll Tide.
post #57 of 61 Old 08-01-2019, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by thezaks View Post
... Dirac Live with the Casablanca really seems to emphasize the bass. In my system, I have not liked it, which is why I use the Casablanca without Dirac Live.

Why not just lower the bass level and retain the undoubtedly smoother EQ'd response?

Noah
post #58 of 61 Old 08-01-2019, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
Why not just lower the bass level and retain the undoubtedly smoother EQ'd response?

If you are talking about the sub level, I have tried that. However, it's not just the sub. I also tried only doing the lower frequencies by shelving it - still sounded better without DL in my system. And, I tried changing the curve, which helped, but still sounds best without DL in my system/room. I will probably try it again in the next month or so.

Dave
post #59 of 61 Old 08-01-2019, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Steve,
In my setup - we installed front height LCR (these are small Triads above the Aerial LCR's) behind the AT screen (to use up the channels) and not sure how the master calibrator 'Adam' put them in the mix but if you have extra channels and no place to add more speakers I would discuss with Adam.
Ash
From getting with both Jon Herron of Trinnov and Adam Pelz, Trinnov Master Setup Whiz, they recommend (we are using 13 Triad Rotatable Inceiling Rotating Silver/Sat 9 speakers) the standard 10 Dolby Atmos speakers, then add a single Height Center and a pair of Tops to cover multiple rows, which would be 13 channels and do a good job with all 3 immersive formats. Then using the remaining two Trinnov channels for subwoofers (using a splitter for each channel, with 2 JL Audio f212s AND 2 Paradigm Persona subs), and this will use all 24 channels of the Trinnov Altitude 32 SSP.

My installer Gerry Behm, [email protected], came out today. I had moved all the small stuff out of my theatre (tons, not just components). They moved all the big stuff. OUCH! My bedroom and living room are crammed full of stuff! Educated guess is the full install will take several weeks minimum, perhaps the month of August!
p3bham and Marc Alexander like this.

post #60 of 61 Old 08-01-2019, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Steve,
Ash
Of course your situation is quite different than mine as you have that beautiful star ceiling that you would not touch with anything! So top/ceiling speakers were more limited in placement. I have told my installer that focus is best placement, and moving or deleting a ceiling fan, and moving or simply putting in new lighting, is acceptable in order to get proper inceiling speaker placement.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page