Quoted: 1415 Post(s)
Liked: 675
CEDIA 2019: So who is going?

Register at:

https://registration.experientevent..../16502/Member/

Register for free thanks to Russound, code = EXIV840767

Full Disclosure: Russound code from this thread:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...ng-attend.html

What exhibitors do you think are do not miss this year?

Are you going this year?

List your questions about what may be at CEDIA this year, such as:

What will Peter - C-Max do on or off site this year?

Will there be any new Sony, JVC, etc high end projectors this year & if so improved performance? And how will they stack up compared to "The Wall"?
SOWK likes this.

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!

Last edited by Steve Bruzonsky; 07-09-2019 at 09:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 07-09-2019, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yea, now that I am retired, and as my dedicated home theatre is being renovated/upgraded from 5.2.4 to probably 9.4.13 starting late July/early August, I am going. What the heck! Denver is just a short flight/hop away from where I live here in Gilbert/Phoenix, Arizona. Though this year I must go and buy nothing when I come back, as I have been paying the jackpot after CEDIA each of the past two years (2017 CEDIA, came home and got Sony VW5000ES projector and 14' wide Stewart Vistascope screen) (2018 CEDIA, came home and got Trinnov Altitude 32 SSP, though it took me like 5 months to install it and decide to keep it, which then "talked" me into upgrading my system/removating my theatre from 5.2.4 to 9.4.13).

WARNING: Going to CEDIA may be much more expensive than plane, hotel and dining for home theatre enthusiasts!
SOWK, Reddig, SteveFred and 1 others like this.

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
post #3 of 43 Old 07-09-2019, 09:28 AM
Home Theater Enthusiast

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked: 2113
I will be going along with SteveFred.

Hope to meet up with Mario from Jaymar, Mark Seaton, Steve at Cortex VIP Cinemas, Peter and what ever shenanigans he is up too...
SteveFred, Reddig and blazar like this.

Wisconsin Home Theater Enthusiasts Meet: Main Thread l Gear For Sale
SOWK Home Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 Old 07-09-2019, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 110
I have a plane ticket to Denver. Hope that's where they're holding this year's show.

Jeff
sdrucker likes this.
post #5 of 43 Old 07-09-2019, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereojeff View Post
I have a plane ticket to Denver. Hope that's where they're holding this year's show.

Jeff
Now that's funny. I also have a plane ticket and hotel reservation for Denver. Hope I got it right, too!

post #6 of 43 Old 07-09-2019, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Quoted: 3747 Post(s)
Liked: 6376
I'll be there. Will also be doing calibrations in the Colorado area both before and after the show.
SOWK, Mark Seaton and Reddig like this.

My Home Theater UPDATED DEC 2017
Technical Editor/Writer Sound and Vision Magazine
Deep Dive AV - Calibration, Consulting and Education
post #7 of 43 Old 07-09-2019, 08:20 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
I'll be there. Will also be doing calibrations in the Colorado area both before and after the show.
Yup, I'll be there. Trinnov keeps me busy calibrating demo rooms, and then I'm usually teaching at some point during or after.
SOWK, Mark Seaton and Reddig like this.

Adam Pelz ,Acoustic Mafia - Hear No Evil
JBL Master ARCOS Calibrator, CEDIA Designer, Home Acoustics Alliance Instructor LIII, THX HT1+ HT2+ Video, Level III Trinnov Altitude Calibrator
Mercenary Calibrator for Manufacturers, Integrators and System Owners
post #8 of 43 Old 07-10-2019, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 88
I will absolutely be there. I already have booked the time out of the office. Looking forward not only to the show, but also catching up with people, and the excellent dinners and discussions.

Bryan
Reddig likes this.
post #9 of 43 Old 07-11-2019, 06:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 4563 Post(s)
Liked: 3326
I simply can't afford to go. And I would second Steve's "WARNING". On the average, my CEDIA show attendance cost is right around $35,600. That would be $600 for hotel and airfare and another $35,000 (or more) for what I buy as a result of attending.

In fact, my Trinnov, the extra speakers and amp channels are the results of CEDIA (directly or indirectly) as is my JVC RS4500, Lumagen and Panamorph.

While I have zero concern about getting bit by the upgrade bug for either my basic audio chain or my video chain, I know there is something hiding in one of those demo rooms that will "get me".

Nope. I'm staying home.
ss9001 and blazar like this.

Last edited by audioguy; 07-11-2019 at 06:07 AM.
post #10 of 43 Old 07-11-2019, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
I simply can't afford to go. And I would second Steve's "WARNING". On the average, my CEDIA show attendance cost is right around $35,600. That would be $600 for hotel and airfare and another $35,000 (or more) for what I buy as a result of attending.

In fact, my Trinnov, the extra speakers and amp channels are the results of CEDIA (directly or indirectly) as is my JVC RS4500, Lumagen and Panamorph.

While I have zero concern about getting bit by the upgrade bug for either my basic audio chain or my video chain, I know there is something hiding in one of those demo rooms that will "get me".

Nope. I'm staying home.
This year I am testing my willpower!

post #11 of 43 Old 07-11-2019, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 6612 Post(s)
Liked: 7677
Quote:

Nope. I'm staying home.
Generally speaking I neither see nor hear anything there that makes me want to upgrade my current theater. Which is good, since I go every year for work ! Now if I spent a week or two in Italy and France, I'd probably wind up dropping $ 35,000 on wine..................
post #12 of 43 Old 07-12-2019, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 983
I will be there. My mother decided to come along with me since my wife can't get off from work. Registered and motel booked. Can't wait! Will be screen shopping and checking out any demos I can get into.

JBL Pro Cinema/JTR/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Roku Ultra/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest
post #13 of 43 Old 07-12-2019, 03:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 810 Post(s)
Liked: 422
[QUOTE=audioguy;58283122 On the average, my CEDIA show attendance cost is right around $35,600. That would be $600 for hotel and airfare and another $35,000 (or more) for what I buy as a result of attending.

[/QUOTE]

If you got all that for 35Gs you got the “fell of the back of the truck” discount!

Come on and go and ask God for self control.

Mike Miles
[email protected]
post #14 of 43 Old 07-12-2019, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 1244
Afraid not this year. After going the last six years dating to 2014, and staying over last year for a week to do the HAA classes, I'm getting wifely pushback. But don't let me stop you from spending your own money on the latest and greatest.
Craig Peer and ss9001 like this.

Audio Gear: Trinnov Altitude 32 (24 channel), NAD M27 amps (3)
Video: JVC RS600, Seymour 100" UF Screen, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 (coming soon)
Speakers: PSB Imagine T3 LCR, Imagine T Wides/Side Surround 1, T2 Side Surrounds, Imagine XB rears, Image B6 screens, PSB CS1000 ceilings (6), HSU ULS-15 Mk 2 subs (4) - 13.4.6
HAA HT1 and HT2 Certification
post #15 of 43 Old 07-13-2019, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

So what should we be interested in at the upcoming 2019 CEDIA:

First, most folks miss Steinway-Lyngdorf, with its not quite $400,000 theatre system, ROOM Perfect optimization, and which last year Nigel/Arrow AV raved and raved about and Nigel personally took me into the demo - several times! Normally, they only allow in dealers. Their demo has super large tall floorstanding line arrays up front, very close to the screen wall, with I thought the best 3D imaging (with the soundstage nicely extending well behind the speakers) by quite a margin.

Wisdom Audio/Trinnov, with all in/on wall speakers, very nice, with very, very impressive bass that in effect lifts you up off your seat at times but not too/so much that the bass was ever fatiguing or bothersome.

Alcons/Storm Audio, with all in/on wall speakers, very nice, I felt close to Wisdom sonically, but the bass didn't lift you up off your seat quite like Wisdom did.

JBL Synthesis always of course is "viewed" by many AVSers as the top of the line home theatrewise! However, perhaps it was where I sat, but to me although all the frequencies and quality sonics were there, the imaging was simply too 2D for me! This year I'll try getting there earlier to get a more central location and "see" if I hear differently.

It was interesting how 2018 CEDIA almost everyone was emphasizing how musical the theatres sounded, playing some musical cuts from blu rays (I thought the 2017 CEDIA was more characterized often by too loud and bass too bloated, lack of musicality, and it appeared most demos had got the message and made nice improvements from a musical standpoint)! I want to emphasize folks should listen for how 3D real life the music sounds and to what extent the sonics extend behind the screen, like with a live performance. And if you want to hear some outstanding stereo music which does this, go no further than MBL speakers, sit and listen there awhile in stereo, and you will have a reference for outstanding 3D imaging which extends well beyond the speakers/screen! And if you do go to MBL, be sure to say hi to Jeremy from Mark Burnstein, who has gobs of MBL speakers!

post #16 of 43 Old 07-13-2019, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Nice discussIon including depth of imaging from Paul ar PS Audio

Reddig likes this.

post #17 of 43 Old 07-13-2019, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles View Post
If you got all that for 35Gs you got the “fell of the back of the truck” discount!

Come on and go and ask God for self control.
Those changes were a result of more than one CEDIA. God gave me the "incentive" to ask my bride to be my accountability partner in this matter, to assist in my self control.

Quite frankly, at this point in my home theater journey, since I'm using the best processor on the planet and a video chain (Lumagen, RS4500. Panamorph) as good as I could possibly need with my screen size, self control is not much of an issue. And the only speakers I find better than what I already have are the Wisdoms. But, speaker cost notwithstanding, the cost to replace my screen and masking system, as well as the other room modifications necessary to install these are simply prohibitive.

It would actually be fun to go to CEDIA this year and this time I'm really not worried about being "tempted" to spend more money. BUT, I have a conflict.
Craig Peer likes this.

Last edited by audioguy; 07-13-2019 at 07:59 PM.
post #18 of 43 Old 07-13-2019, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 439
Cedia 2019: So who is going?

I hope to see some of you AVS’ers at CEDIA, DreamScreen & myself will be at the Alcons booth again.

I’ll really try to get around to listening to more than Alcons this year though... As for showcasing bass response in a less than ideal (to say the least) setting is, however, very very hard. If money was no object all the major audio demonstrators should have optimally constructed a full room-in-room with a complete set of acoustical treatments to really showcase the best audio quality possible choosing their system... Still, the current CEDIA audio rooms are certainly better than the general ‘meeting rooms’... I believe both Procella and JBL tend to custom build their rooms - even full room-in-room for procellas part at least, so kudos to them for such an effort!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lasalle and Reddig like this.

Proudly Representing DreamScreen.no // ScreenAcoustics.com // AT screens & more!
Founder AVforum.no // Norway´s leading AV community since 2002
post #19 of 43 Old 07-13-2019, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygren View Post
If money was no object all the major audio demonstrators should have optimally constructed a full room-in-room with a complete set of acoustical treatments to really showcase the best audio quality possible choosing their system...
Which is what Wisdom has done for the last 3+ years.
Lygren likes this.
post #20 of 43 Old 07-13-2019, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 439
Quote:
Which is what Wisdom has done for the last 3+ years.

They did the full room decoupling or acoustical treatments only? Decoupling / room-in-room is certainly an excellent tool in generating the best possible bass response...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proudly Representing DreamScreen.no // ScreenAcoustics.com // AT screens & more!
Founder AVforum.no // Norway´s leading AV community since 2002
post #21 of 43 Old 07-13-2019, 08:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygren View Post
They did the full room decoupling or acoustical treatments only? Decoupling / room-in-room is certainly an excellent tool in generating the best possible bass response...
They bring in the room components and construct a full room with all of the room treatment designed for their speakers.
Lygren likes this.
post #22 of 43 Old 07-13-2019, 09:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 876
Quote:

Nope. I'm staying home.
I don't know, I am quite satisfied now with the mix of the altitude and my overall speaker and subwoofer setup. nothing short of a whole new redesigned room and house would really make a dent now. Even my whole house airplay/homekit automation is quite good with my only lack of upgrade being home security.

Blazar!
post #23 of 43 Old 07-13-2019, 10:58 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2187 Post(s)
Liked: 1396
Likely going . Need to find a corruptible steak, wine and bourbon drinking, cigar smoking degenerates to hang out with.
Lasalle likes this.

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
post #24 of 43 Old 07-14-2019, 04:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 625
I'm at a very happy space in my av room. Upgrades in 2018 & 2019: Altitude 16, top model $15K L/R Magnepans, new SVS SB16 sub to mate with existing Velo DD18, Roon core - sonictransporter, an iFi pro DSD DAC & Sonore roon player for 2nd system, Sony 77" OLED, even some hi-end planar headphones. With the width of the new Maggies, I no longer have a good option for a PJ screen setup in my room. So no need to go to CEDIA and indulge in wishful thinking or catch someone else's upgrade-fever

I haven't been to a CEDIA in a long time but the last one I went to - listening to a Trinnov demo + several years of influences from sdrucker, Audioguy & RUR = an Altitude in my room. So staying at home and very much enjoying it all!

Steve

Last edited by ss9001; 07-14-2019 at 04:12 AM.
post #25 of 43 Old 07-14-2019, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Currently planning on attending as long as no hurricanes are headed at Sarasota at the time.
post #26 of 43 Old 07-14-2019, 06:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post
So no need to go to CEDIA and indulge in wishful thinking or catch someone else's upgrade-fever
So that finally explains it: The High End Home Theater Upgrade Itch is a communicable disease !!
post #27 of 43 Old 07-14-2019, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1193 Post(s)
Liked: 1631
My thing is, right now, I'm there (or close) except for perhaps the ultimate projector. I thought that it would be in my room now. Some additional subwoofer power and extension coming but that's all in the works already.
post #28 of 43 Old 07-14-2019, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasalle View Post
Currently planning on attending as long as no hurricanes are headed at Sarasota at the time.
Which reminds me - since LaSalle (and don't forget Mark Burnstein) has the Sim2 Duo Plus and Sim2 is to demo this at CEDIA this year.

post #29 of 43 Old 07-14-2019, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
So that finally explains it: The High End Home Theater Upgrade Itch is a communicable disease !!
No personal contact necessary. Internet access is all you need!

post #30 of 43 Old 07-14-2019, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
No personal contact necessary. Internet access is all you need!
Apparently!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page