How to Get Best Price with Least Work for Boxes of LDs, DVDs & LDs? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-13-2019, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1527 Post(s)
Liked: 757
How to Get Best Price with Least Work for Boxes of LDs, DVDs & LDs?

I've done it. When we built my dedicated theatre onto our home in 1997, we put in the back of the theatre a small wetbar with shelves and drawers, where I've been storing lots of unused for years Laserdiscs, DVDs and CDs. Obviously Laserdiscs and DVDs are simply old school with blu ray and 4k discs and now Kaleidescape; and all the music I listen to is via ROON Ready ethernet thanks to Trinnov Altitude 32 SSP!

Now with my theatre remodel/upgrade, from 5.2.4 to probably 9.4.13 starting in two weeks, I had to clean all the above, and assorted cables and power cords and tweaky items, out of those shelves and drawers, and the first item for the remodel is to take out all those shelves, drawers and wetbar, with new cabinetry there supporting roll out hidden Mid-Atlantic component racks, blu ray and 4k disc storage, etc. No more component racks on the left side of my theatre. No more disc racks on the right side of my theatre.

I've got 4+ medium size boxes each of laserdiscs, DVDs and also CDs. I am not interested in starting up a new business selling all this crap on Ebay, etc individually or in lots. Too much work.

Anyone here who also has been OCD in collecting now defunct video &/or audio discs and what you did to get rid of or sell the stuff, or ideas/suggestions.

One thing I am thinking of doing is contacting like the local Boys and Girls Club of America and donating. Some years my late wife made me do this with my stacks and stacks of comic books!

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-14-2019, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2128 Post(s)
Liked: 892
Donation is a good route.

I've had some success in the past, by selling a large lot of dvds, by sticking a cheap attractive price on the lot, and someone with a flea market booth bought them.

I've also donated some stuff to a few local young guys, building a home theater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page