Alcons sentinel amp , Control4 automation - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-22-2019, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Alcons sentinel amp , Control4 automation

Just trying to find out if anyone has successfully been able to integrate Sentinels in Control4 automation . What I mean is , to be able to put them in standby mode when you turn the theater off and turn them on when you turn the room on. I did get IP commands from Alcons but my C4 dealer says that there needs to be a driver for that device , they can’t send just an IP command to a specific IP address .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-22-2019, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1466 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
Just trying to find out if anyone has successfully been able to integrate Sentinels in Control4 automation . What I mean is , to be able to put them in standby mode when you turn the theater off and turn them on when you turn the room on. I did get IP commands from Alcons but my C4 dealer says that there needs to be a driver for that device , they can’t send just an IP command to a specific IP address .
My ATI Multi-channel amp (NCore 500 modules) and my new Trinnov 8 and 8m multi-channel amplifiers (NCore 1200 and 500 modules) all built by ATI have "sleep" circuits, so once powered on, they go on stqndby once their is no audio signal for 10 minutes. No need to worry about turning them on or off, just leave on standby and they wake up with signal.

Are your Alcons NCore amps bullt by ATI? If so, do they have this "sleep" circuit? If so no need in my book to worry about remote turn on or off.

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
post #3 of 4 Old 07-23-2019, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Hi Steve
From what I have learnt from talking to Alcons and to Walter , Alcons make their own amps ( they of course get the ncore modules from the source ) . I don’t know of any ATI amp that has SIS ( signal integrity sensing ), so I doubt they are making amps for Alcons - they use four conductors per speaker - 2 for audio signal and 2 for SIS . Alcons has a desktop app to control multiple sentinels at once and it works like a charm , and I can put them in standby mode through that app . That of course is not desirable if I can do that via C4 remote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-23-2019, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1466 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
Hi Steve
From what I have learnt from talking to Alcons and to Walter , Alcons make their own amps ( they of course get the ncore modules from the source ) . I don’t know of any ATI amp that has SIS ( signal integrity sensing ), so I doubt they are making amps for Alcons - they use four conductors per speaker - 2 for audio signal and 2 for SIS . Alcons has a desktop app to control multiple sentinels at once and it works like a charm , and I can put them in standby mode through that app . That of course is not desirable if I can do that via C4 remote
Interesting!

From Alcons website:

https://www.alconsaudio.com/product/sentinel-10/

"The Signal Integrity Sensing™ circuit dynamically compensates the effects of long speaker cables; This results in a tight sub and bass response regardless of cable length or impedance (system damping factor of 10.000) and without the need for manually entering cable parameters. SIS™ also caters for futher reduced distortion (optimized cross-over drive)."

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page