Bruzer Trinnov/Aerial/Triad Theatre 2019 Renovation/Upgrade - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #61 of 68 Old 10-30-2019, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post
TThe Eclipse was the answer but the longer it goes the less appealing it becomes simply because it's ultimate obsolescence horizon becomes ever closer. It will still be a very expensive device but if it can provide state of the art imagery on a large screen it is still something which will be worth it for many.

Art
I hope you get to experience it in your own home, Art, as I can tell that you are one of the few that would truly appreciate it. I had secretly thought about the baby version of the Eclipse for a future project but I realize that technology changes with time in a sometimes unpredictable way so I guess I'll just cross the bridge when I get there. No rush on that, I still enjoy movie time in my modest theatre with my wife and 3 little girls. They grow up fast, as you well know...
Reddig likes this.

Design by Rives...dollars by The Bogg

Click for my build thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 68 Old 10-31-2019, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post
Thanks very much, you probably don't really owe me an apology there were several ways to read your post and I read it in the worst way. I believe that walls are the future the issue is how far out can we get something that is 17.5' diagonal that isn't multiples of my home in cost and with well thought out audio solutions which don't just replace one solution with a series of compromises. The Eclipse was the answer but the longer it goes the less appealing it becomes simply because it's ultimate obsolescence horizon becomes ever closer. It will still be a very expensive device but if it can provide state of the art imagery on a large screen it is still something which will be worth it for many.

Art
I think walls are the future too but I also believe we will still see projectors and their technology progressing for some years to come. We will see tho. It is for sure getting interesting thats for sure. Like at CEDIA this year. I could not believe how many micro LED screens were becoming available that they had on the show floor. Companies like Plano had some really great looking LED wall screens. One of them that was about 10-12ft diagonal had some of the best motion Ive seen. They were showing a college football game and it looked incredibly smooth without a soap opera effect.

JBL Pro/JTR/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Monoprice/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest/Roku
post #63 of 68 Old 10-31-2019, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1638 Post(s)
Liked: 821
Sorry no walls for the Bruzer theatre - ever in my remaining lifetime! Unless I win the lottery and I never buy lottery tickets!
Reddig likes this.

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 68 Old 11-03-2019, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

I had a great chat with Mark Seaton the other day. Mark is reviewing my theater rebuild info that I gave him, and he is getting back to me with his recommendations regarding # of 18" and/or 21" subwoofers to give me the proper "lift-off". Mark explained this may vary depending upon placement. We agreed on placement along the front screen wall and build into the back new cabinetry going in! Mark is working on the calculations for best sonics given physical space requirements/limitations. I have decided not to use the quarter points along the opposing side walls so as not to clog the aisles.

Mark also recommended using the space above the rear cabinets for one large bass trap. Actually, the entire back wall except for the back cabinets, entry door and projector box as one large bass trap, with a 6" layer of rock wool behind fabric tracks and panels which Quest can make. Makes good sense - "Make It So"! This became possible because we took down my Sony VW5000 projector from its ceiling mount, took out the back cabinets/wetbar, and have moved the back wall & cabinets (under construction) another 20" out so the projector is hidden behind that wall (and giving the theater even better acoustical dimensions as Anthony Grimani recommends length of 1.2 to 1.3 X width, which we will now have about 1.275). Mark also suggested for the 2nd row and back riser to use double layer of wood for the top layer to minimize excess vibration and fill it with standard fiberglass, as an additional bass trap. Thanks Mark.

The below photos depict the ongoing construction at the back of my theatre and where the bass trap will be, as well as the material and color of the upcoming new cabinets/shelves where the component racks and disc storage will be located "hidden" from view.
Attached Images

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!

Last edited by Steve Bruzonsky; 11-08-2019 at 09:27 AM.
post #65 of 68 Old 11-03-2019, 04:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Sorry no walls for the Bruzer theatre - ever in my remaining lifetime! Unless I win the lottery and I never buy lottery tickets!
Same goes for the Reddig Home Cinema too lol. I never play either.

JBL Pro/JTR/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Monoprice/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest/Roku
post #66 of 68 Old 11-07-2019, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Dimensions I gave above for the 21" sealed subwoofers was off - below is correct. Here's what I am ordering. Mark gave me the best placements along the front wall and at the bottom of the back cabinets that are about to be built:

4 21” black oak passive subwoofers, 23.5 W x 23.5 H x 23.5 D (front screen wall)
3 21” black oak passive subwoofers, 30 W x 26 H x 14” D (back cabinets) - (also available 26" W x 30" H x 14" D)
2 4000 watt amps (power 3 subwoofers)
1 4000 watt amp (power 1 subwoofer)

This leaves more than enough room at the rear cabinets for 2 Mid-Atlantic component racks! And plenty of disc storage, too.

Mark spent a lot of time crunching the numbers to figure out best subwoofer placement, which is much appreciated!

The 21" subwoofer drivers are brand new on the market and available the end of this month (November)! 6" voice coils!

Last edited by Steve Bruzonsky; 11-08-2019 at 09:25 AM.
post #67 of 68 Old 11-07-2019, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
^^ Given I use eight of his 18s in a smaller room than yours, these seven 21s should get you pretty close to the same potential displacement per cubic foot of your room as mine. It most certainly will be close enough that you should be able to achieve "lift off". And, as noted previously, you will then see what you were missing with your previous subs.

So what is the current estimated date for you to be able to sit down in your "new" completed theater and watch a movie?
If we beat the New Year I will be most happy! But I have my doubts that we'll get "lift off" that "quick"!

Still to do:

1. Installer submitting schematics, subwoofer placement (thanks Mark Seaton) and seating (and planned bass trap at top rear) to both Quest Acoustical Interiors and Trinnov for their recommendations re seating and speaker positioning/install, and Quest for acoustical treatment plan and then order this.

2. Just ordering 7 21" subwoofers and 3 sub amplifiers from Mark Seaton, these subs are scheduled to start production and be available end of November.

3. Installer to shortly start wiring/cabling, and also redo electrical with an electrician (I have a dedicated panel for theatre with 19 same phase 15 amp circuits - with redo we will elimate extra circuits/plugs around theatre we don't need and rewire/revise some to back of theatre where components will be, except for three monoblock amplifiers up front).

4. Complete framing at back of room

5. Cabinet guy Andrew Frank getting final cabinet design (with room for 3 18" subwoofers side by side at very center of back wall & cabinets/center of room) any day now and will start constructing cabinets to be placed once #3 above completed

6. Painting and patching as necessary depending upon acoustic treatments from Quest that will be installed

7. New carpet

8. Placement of projector in "box" towards top center of rear wall, no glass for porthole, using foam, etc (as Lon Goldstein has done) to quiet any residual noise into theatre. Install DCR anamorphic lens.

9. Kris Deering will be coming out to do video resetup, currently he plans to hit Phoenix area on tail end of his West tour since Mani and another friend of his should be ready by then (as well as me)

10. Once I have a near "certain" estimate for subwoofers arrival and acoustics treatments arrival, then I can schedule Adam Pelz to come out to do his audio magic, of course giving enough time for all of the above to be completed first.

So its still gonna be awhile. Patience in this case is a virtue!

post #68 of 68 Old 11-08-2019, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Awesome! Once again, what an impressive upgrade project. I just love reading threads like this.
I was going to tweak the acoustics in my own place but after spending time repositioning my mains it is like I went through an upgrade already.

Design by Rives...dollars by The Bogg

Click for my build thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page