Originally Posted by audioguy
^^ Given I use eight of his 18s in a smaller room than yours, these seven 21s should get you pretty close to the same potential displacement per cubic foot of your room as mine. It most certainly will be close enough that you should be able to achieve "lift off". And, as noted previously, you will then see what you were missing with your previous subs.
So what is the current estimated date for you to be able to sit down in your "new" completed theater and watch a movie?
If we beat the New Year I will be most happy! But I have my doubts that we'll get "lift off" that "quick"!
Still to do:
1. Installer submitting schematics, subwoofer placement (thanks Mark Seaton) and seating (and planned bass trap at top rear) to both Quest Acoustical Interiors and Trinnov for their recommendations re seating and speaker positioning/install, and Quest for acoustical treatment plan and then order this.
2. Just ordering 7 21" subwoofers and 3 sub amplifiers from Mark Seaton, these subs are scheduled to start production and be available end of November.
3. Installer to shortly start wiring/cabling, and also redo electrical with an electrician (I have a dedicated panel for theatre with 19 same phase 15 amp circuits - with redo we will elimate extra circuits/plugs around theatre we don't need and rewire/revise some to back of theatre where components will be, except for three monoblock amplifiers up front).
4. Complete framing at back of room
5. Cabinet guy Andrew Frank getting final cabinet design (with room for 3 18" subwoofers side by side at very center of back wall & cabinets/center of room) any day now and will start constructing cabinets to be placed once #3
6. Painting and patching as necessary depending upon acoustic treatments from Quest that will be installed
7. New carpet
8. Placement of projector in "box" towards top center of rear wall, no glass for porthole, using foam, etc (as Lon Goldstein has done) to quiet any residual noise into theatre. Install DCR anamorphic lens.
9. Kris Deering will be coming out to do video resetup, currently he plans to hit Phoenix area on tail end of his West tour since Mani and another friend of his should be ready by then (as well as me)
10. Once I have a near "certain" estimate for subwoofers arrival and acoustics treatments arrival, then I can schedule Adam Pelz to come out to do his audio magic, of course giving enough time for all of the above to be completed first.
So its still gonna be awhile. Patience in this case is a virtue!