Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-02-2019, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Christie HD3/HD6 choice

Hi all,
I'm planning to upgrade my projector (VX2C) and find some option here to get a used Christie HD3/HD6K here. I'm planning to upgrade screen size to 150 inch (white or grey).

All the posts are really old that if anyone know anything about my questions below will be much appreciated.
  1. Of course full lamp power on HD6K could be too bright for the 150 inch, however, if I put it to low power mode as well as reduce aperture, how's the image could compare to a HD3/HD3K? Is it gonna have better dark/black due to smaller aperture?
  2. HD3 does have 3D yet it's 500W xenon lamp. Not sure if it will be still bright enough for 3D on 150 inches?
  3. Noise level, will HD6K with reduced power mode on lamp still be louder than HD3? Since it could be 700W(reduced from 1000W) versus 500W.

Many thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-04-2019, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked: 186
It is because the original HD6 is very old. There has been an HD6K-M for mercury lamp following it.

Wolfgang Mayer had a pair of the D6K, perhaps you could ask him over at dci-forum. But he also had them what a decade ago.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-05-2019, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldk View Post
It is because the original HD6 is very old. There has been an HD6K-M for mercury lamp following it.

Wolfgang Mayer had a pair of the D6K, perhaps you could ask him over at dci-forum. But he also had them what a decade ago.

I heard the HD6K-M is more like a budget version of HD6K which saves cost on the Xenon lamp but the color spectrum from mercury lamp can not compare with Xenon lamp. Not sure if it's the case though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page