Help me lay out my Mac Rack! MX170 / MC257 / MI 254 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-08-2020, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Help me lay out my Mac Rack! MX170 / MC257 / MI 254

Hey Guys,

In the middle of building my new 7.2.4 Theater. I have a 40U middle atlantic 4026 and need help deciding on how to stack the components. What do you think? I'm all about incorporating AC infinity intake, exhaust, top fans, or whatever. I want the rack to look beautiful as its going to be mounted in a wall where you are going to walk right by it entering the theater and who doesn't want to show off a beautiful Mcintosh stack. It has its own dedicated 6 x 8 closet it backs into with AC, Return, Thermostat and damper system to turn off the heat. Components will be.

Mcintosh MX170
Mcintosh MC257
Mcintosh MI254
2 x Panamax 5400 (1 for each 20A Circuit)
UB9000
Direct TV 4k
Apple TV 4k

On the inside of the closet mounted into the back of the rack I'll have a Ubiquiti 48 port PoE switch, Rackmount cloud key (1U), A ubiquiti firewall (router) and the usual Att Modem.

My thought was to mount the network equipment 2 U worth on the very top of the rack on the inside facing the closet then just have blanks on the finished component side. Then just velcro the modem and gateway to the top of the rack. Then below that use an AC infinity Cloudplate T5 pro rear exhaust to act as the top ventilation for the components below. That sound like a good plan? The next question is Then What?

Appreciate any insight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-08-2020, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrimel View Post
Hey Guys,

In the middle of building my new 7.2.4 Theater. I have a 40U middle atlantic 4026 and need help deciding on how to stack the components. What do you think? I'm all about incorporating AC infinity intake, exhaust, top fans, or whatever. I want the rack to look beautiful as its going to be mounted in a wall where you are going to walk right by it entering the theater and who doesn't want to show off a beautiful Mcintosh stack. It has its own dedicated 6 x 8 closet it backs into with AC, Return, Thermostat and damper system to turn off the heat. Components will be.

Mcintosh MX170
Mcintosh MC257
Mcintosh MI254
2 x Panamax 5400 (1 for each 20A Circuit)
UB9000
Direct TV 4k
Apple TV 4k

On the inside of the closet mounted into the back of the rack I'll have a Ubiquiti 48 port PoE switch, Rackmount cloud key (1U), A ubiquiti firewall (router) and the usual Att Modem.

My thought was to mount the network equipment 2 U worth on the very top of the rack on the inside facing the closet then just have blanks on the finished component side. Then just velcro the modem and gateway to the top of the rack. Then below that use an AC infinity Cloudplate T5 pro rear exhaust to act as the top ventilation for the components below. That sound like a good plan? The next question is Then What?

Appreciate any insight!
Network at the top makes sense.

I would use a shelf for the modem, gateway at on a shelf.

I generally for my purposes put the heavier equipment at the bottom of the rack to help with stability.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-09-2020, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarcia View Post
Network at the top makes sense.

I would use a shelf for the modem, gateway at on a shelf.

I generally for my purposes put the heavier equipment at the bottom of the rack to help with stability.
Thanks! Small shelf is a great idea! MC257 at bottom is too, it's 100 lbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page