Anyone using room connection software for two channel stereo - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-01-2020, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Anyone using room connection software for two channel stereo

Hi, I've got on order the McIntosh MEN200 Room Correction system. Based on the Lyndorf-Steinway room correction system, I'm anticipating that it will cleanup the muddy bass from my KEF Blade speakers.

Any comments would be appreciated.

J.Mike
Those who die with the most toys ... are still dead!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-02-2020, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 1141 Post(s)
Liked: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Mike Ferrara View Post
Hi, I've got on order the McIntosh MEN200 Room Correction system. Based on the Lyndorf-Steinway room correction system, I'm anticipating that it will cleanup the muddy bass from my KEF Blade speakers.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Try it. I think you'll like it.

If not, you can turn it off.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-03-2020, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Quoted: 5331 Post(s)
Liked: 4309
Prior to my current processor, I used Dirac that was housed in my Music Server. It is great since it allows so much control over target curves, how much of the signal you correct, etc. Other than something like a 2 channel Trinnov, nothing comes close. HIGHLY recommended.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-07-2020, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked: 679
May I at least throw out there that the "muddy bass" you experience could be the result of poor room integration (because you should have subs)?

I have had a 2.x system (three pairs of subs) for a while. Being able to move the subs independently of my (very capable) mains has made things sound many times better (even without room correction, just by tweaking each sub's location, level and delay).

I'm not saying that there's no way to do 2 channel sans subs well (indeed, I just posted as much somewhere else, recently), but it's much harder in normal rooms, requiring a room which allows ideal positioning (for both imaging and bass) of the two mains. Adding subs eases those requirements; place your mains for best imaging (tweak for sub integration if needed) and then place your subs for best bass response (preferably multiple, at least two; try an initial position at your room's corners or its quarter-wall points).

Moreover, IMO, the biggest thing the room correction software will help with, if you get the right one (and McIntosh MEN200 uses Room Perfect which is supposedly excellent), is the integration between your mains and subs. So, the hardest part of the whole thing, that which most people complain about when adding subs to a 2-channel system, is, with the right RC solution, done for you. However, I don't know if your McIntosh unit can blend multiple subs -- perhaps await a unit that integrates the upcoming Dirac Bass Management solution (or spend on Trinnov, which is very likely to be a very long-term solution if you can afford it).

Best of luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page