AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/86-ultra-hi-end-ht-gear-20-000/)
-   -   Barco Projectors (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/86-ultra-hi-end-ht-gear-20-000/3121996-barco-projectors.html)

ClawAndTalon 02-08-2020 05:05 PM

Barco Projectors

Has anyone seen one in person in a residential setting? What would be some of their cheapest models suitable for home theater applications?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art Sonneborn 02-09-2020 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon (Post 59219516)
Has anyone seen one in person in a residential setting? What would be some of their cheapest models suitable for home theater applications?

I've seen one but quality doesn't come cheap.

Art

donaldk 02-09-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Only at trade shows, Barco residential does have Room G107 of the Rai completey blacked out though. Unfortunately there is a focus on 2.35:1 dlp masking like with that new Bragi. The early version shown last year was underpowered for the sizable (4.5M?) screen. Contrast was specced at single DLP level. So will need to revisit the commercially available version next week.

Peter Cineramax just completed an upgrade replacing an DP-1500 Xenon with the new Barco Series 4 DCi projector, with great success.

appelz 02-09-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

I've installed several Barco Balder/Loki projectors in private cinemas, and a Thor. I believe their entry level projector is the Orion. MSRP around $18k, and then the Medea at $27k.

ClawAndTalon 02-09-2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by appelz (Post 59222542)
I've installed several Barco Balder/Loki projectors in private cinemas, and a Thor. I believe their entry level projector is the Orion. MSRP around $18k, and then the Medea at $27k.

What did you think?

donaldk 02-13-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by appelz (Post 59222542)

And the Bragi, the re-enigneered to 2.35:1, FL-40 was 26K list last year, I was told at ISE a year ago, prior to release. So probably a bit more in the US. I saw a demo of the production unit yesterday, and it looked much better. At the 3.1 meter (10 feet for those ignorant of the fact that by act of Congress the US measurements have been based on the meter since eary last century, LOL) wide cinemascope screen used, it looked good. This uses the Signify green conversion rod and a red and blue LED source and a single 0.95" DMD. 2100 lumens is what Barco said it measures on the production units.