An Evening at Thebland's - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 193Likes

post #91 of 100 Old 03-04-2020, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2516 Post(s)
Liked: 1744
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG View Post
This looks like such a nice get together among friends who happen to be AV enthusiasts and AVS forum friends. Really nice to see and read about.
It was great fun! Even if we hadn't gotten to the theater, it still would've been great - but glad we made it happen and I could that I could start the evening off with a very loud Bladerunner 2049 demo to set the tone.... It's too bad many of us here on this particular are so far apart... I mean Ash flew up form Texas and Art drove 2 hours each way... A bigger group of the guys here would be a fantastic evening.... Anyone [email protected]? Or back to Michigan!
Art Sonneborn and Reddig like this.

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 Old 03-04-2020, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1436 Post(s)
Liked: 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
It was great fun! Even if we hadn't gotten to the theater, it still would've been great - but glad we made it happen and I could that I could start the evening off with a very loud Bladerunner 2049 demo to set the tone.... It's too bad many of us here on this particular are so far apart... I mean Ash flew up form Texas and Art drove 2 hours each way... A bigger group of the guys here would be a fantastic evening.... Anyone [email protected]? Or back to Michigan!
Hopefully, I can get you over to the garden spot of Battle Creek in the fall after I hopefully have an Eclipse. I'm volunteering to sell tickets for your meet.

Art
post #93 of 100 Old 03-04-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post
Hopefully, I can get you over to the garden spot of Battle Creek in the fall after I hopefully have an Eclipse. I'm volunteering to sell tickets for your meet.

Art
If you buy it.... they will come...

(but they'd still come if you don't buy it).
Art Sonneborn likes this.

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 100 Old 03-04-2020, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1886 Post(s)
Liked: 1143
Quote:

Art
There's a reason they call it a "home theater meat"! HA!

I see no reason to have to change it to "home theater get together". "Meat" with both 2 ees and also with 2 eas in fine as far as I am concerned. Shows great hospitality.
Art Sonneborn, thebland and Reddig like this.

Pray for all of our healthcare providers who are doing their best at great risk to help us survive the current Covid-19 virus crisis.
post #95 of 100 Old 03-04-2020, 05:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Quote:

Art
Every time you upgrade your projector I say to myself, "I gotta get down there". First it was the Sim 5000, then the Sony 5000, then the dual Sony 5000s. Each of those upgrades was worth driving hours to see but from what I understand the Eclipse is in a league of its own. Work schedule be damned, I'm coming over! Looks like coronavirus may affect elective procedures up here so I may have some free time sooner rather than later. Ahem, if the Eclipse comes sooner then I call shotgun.

Design by Rives...dollars by The Bogg

Click for my build thread
post #96 of 100 Old 03-04-2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bogg View Post
Every time you upgrade your projector I say to myself, "I gotta get down there". First it was the Sim 5000, then the Sony 5000, then the dual Sony 5000s. Each of those upgrades was worth driving hours to see but from what I understand the Eclipse is in a league of its own. Work schedule be damned, I'm coming over! Looks like coronavirus may affect elective procedures up here so I may have some free time sooner rather than later. Ahem, if the Eclipse comes sooner then I call shotgun.
See you there...

post #97 of 100 Old 03-05-2020, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
There's a reason they call it a "home theater meat"! HA!

I see no reason to have to change it to "home theater get together". "Meat" with both 2 ees and also with 2 eas in fine as far as I am concerned. Shows great hospitality.
Lol. Nice one Steve

JTR/JBL/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Monoprice/Silver Ticket/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest/Harrison Labs/Roku
post #98 of 100 Old 03-06-2020, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 922 Post(s)
Liked: 1015
Thumbs up

Greetings guys,

I actually stumbled on this thread and thought I'll read some and see what it's covering.

Congratulations to all that got to attend as from the pictures and comments everyone had a Totally-Awesome-Time.

I'll pass on the negative side of things as that seems to have been covered rather well already.

Terry
post #99 of 100 Old 03-07-2020, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Great looking house and theater Jeff. Much of the time this can be a solitary experience but pleasant to see friends and family enjoying it all. I'm glad to see one of these very expensive theaters being shared by more than just a single friend or two. I visit my audiophile buddies fairly often but it's never a party like you had! Cheers!

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.
post #100 of 100 Old 03-07-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogger View Post
Great looking house and theater Jeff. Much of the time this can be a solitary experience but pleasant to see friends and family enjoying it all. I'm glad to see one of these very expensive theaters being shared by more than just a single friend or two. I visit my audiophile buddies fairly often but it's never a party like you had! Cheers!
Hey thanks so much for the kind words! We’re enjoying the theater and house!

Well, at this point here at AVS and many CEDIA meets, these woolens have become good buddies. Art and Angela drove 2 hours to and from my place and Ash came up from Texas. The least I could do is provide a hearty meal!!!

But hey, if you’re ever traveling through... I do love to cook and watch movies!
Bulldogger likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page