Sony Crystal LED Owners Thread 2020 (Solfar) - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 32Likes

post #31 of 33 Old 03-05-2020, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 706 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrine1 View Post
when you finish you will tell us how much the project goes up and how much it consumes light, to know how many banks I have to dock lol super post you will already be telling us

Enviado desde mi J9110 mediante Tapatalk
I would suggest you try that bank office in the basement of Harrods (where they also sell the Wall Luxe, BTW), that sells those 12.5 Kilo bars of gold;-).
BiggerPicture and Tyrine1 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 03-05-2020, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasalle View Post
Great choice, IMHO great 3D trumps great UHD. You can re-mux the 3D ISO’s with the Atmos or DTS:X sound tracks. I have over 100 of these, a must for a HT like yours.Glad to see your long journey coming to fruition. I remember our initial discussions when it started at CEDIA.
There is a sliver of a chance I could get both! The Sony supports 4K 3D over dual Display Port. Theoretically, a HTPC could upconvert 1080p 3D signal to 2160p 3D and emit each eye at 60Hz over its own Display Port connection resulting in a 4K 3D 120Hz image. That would be the holy grail for a 3D enthusiast like myself!
Lasalle and Gillietalls like this.

Abstract yourself!
post #33 of 33 Old 03-05-2020, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Given the size of the modules, I wasn't able to achieve full UHD resolution, which requires 12 by 6 modules. Instead, my setup tops out at 11 by 5, which gives me 3,520px by 1,800px. In short, I lose 160px on the left/right and 180px at the top/bottom. At first, I was concerned, but after photoshopping some movie stills, I think I'll be alright. Note as a purist, I prefer keeping a 1:1 pixel mapping for the video signal.

For example, here is the Hateful 8, which is shot in glorious 2.76 AR.

Avengers Endgame has a 2.39 AR, which is also very decent.

Once the AR drops below 2.0, I start losing details on all four sides, as as in this still frame from the IMAX presentation of Interstellar.

Scaling down to the max width of 3,520px certainly keeps a very pleasant presentation. However, I don't know how much I will notice the scaling by the Radiance Pro and if it will distract me more than the loss of image area. Some testing will be needed, but it's certainly a preset I will have on hand.

Similarly, for some widescreen/fullscreen movies, I may need to scale to the max height of 1,800px.

Abstract yourself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page