Kaleidescape Announces End to Premiere Line - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Art Sonneborn

post #1 of 6 Old 05-18-2020, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1647 Post(s)
Liked: 2286
Kaleidescape Announces End to Premiere Line

Not unexpected but Kaleidescape announced today they are discontinuing their Premiere product line effective 7/31/20. Since I watch a ton of old films my home theater viewing is probably better than 90% through my Premiere system so this isn't great news for me. I knew that they were going this way at some point but probably better than 90% of what I have on my Premiere server isn't available in the Kaleidescape store for the Strato.

When Kaleidescape introduced our first Premiere products in 2003, the response was amazing. Within a few years, Kaleidescape could be found in luxury homes and superyachts all over the world, and Kaleidescape became known as the finest way to enjoy movies. In those days, CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs were the only source of content for Kaleidescape systems. That changed in 2013 when Kaleidescape launched the first Internet-delivered Blu-ray quality movies. Two years later, Kaleidescape began delivering 4K Ultra HD films via the Internet, and we introduced our flagship Strato line of products for playing such high-fidelity content.

As customer preferences for shiny discs gave way to Internet-delivered content, consumer demand for products that play discs declined, resulting in a scarcity of certain parts required to manufacture our Premiere products. For this reason, we have decided to discontinue the production and sale of our Premiere products, which include the 1U+ Movie Server, the M500 and M300 Players, and the M700 and DV700 Disc Vaults.

The last day to order Premiere products will be July 31, 2020. However, supply is limited, and we may run out before July 31.

If you have a customer who needs a Premiere system, or if you need spare components to support existing Premiere customers, please order them by July 31, 2020.

Repair and replacement support for in-warranty Premiere products will continue as before, and we will continue to make business-reasonable efforts to support out-of-warranty products, depending on parts availability. Disk cartridges for the 1U, 3U, and 1U+ Servers will continue to be available. A limited number of service kits for Premiere products are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

There will be no updates to music CD recognition after June 30, 2020. Previously recognized CDs will continue to be recognized, and playback will remain unchanged.

More information will follow. Please contact [email protected] with any questions you may have.

Kaleidescape remains focused on delivering the finest home theater cinematic experience. We look forward to continuing to work together with you in the future.

Sincerely,

The Kaleidescape Team

Brian Hampton likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-18-2020, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 153
For the owners it’s of course sad news but a product from 2003 till now it’s great that still there and even from encore line come I think K make a great balance between 2 lines as for me I start with the encore so still have time but sure will come a day that another line will replace the encore line cycle of life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 6 Old 05-18-2020, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 1056
Sorry for your loss.

(These can keep on going right? ... Are they still useful without help and or support from K?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-18-2020, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Art,

Sorry to hear this for individuals such as yourself. I also cherish and regularly enjoy my older films.

Mine are on Disc and I'm sure one day I'll back them up on a NAS type system, maybe Zappiti, but I'll never give up my disc collection for just this type of situation. I also have a number of players so I should be good for a very long time. I'm sure sometime in the near future I will be using a Kaleidescape type system for newer movies going forward, but its too risky to lose or not have access to our older films.

Everyone stay safe, Kim
post #5 of 6 Old 05-18-2020, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1647 Post(s)
Liked: 2286
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimg1453 View Post
Art,

Sorry to hear this for individuals such as yourself. I also cherish and regularly enjoy my older films.

Mine are on Disc and I'm sure one day I'll back them up on a NAS type system, maybe Zappiti, but I'll never give up my disc collection for just this type of situation. I also have a number of players so I should be good for a very long time. I'm sure sometime in the near future I will be using a Kaleidescape type system for newer movies going forward, but its too risky to lose or not have access to our older films.

Everyone stay safe, Kim
I've kept all the discs. to save space I put them in books and cover art in another gave away the cases but the ability to access all from the app is a great thing. There was a period where they weren't adding cover art or information for newly loaded discs so I would make my own and use IMDb and add it myself. Now that will be everything Just a bit of a bummer but all good things come to an end. Not sure if the functionality of what I do have will be lost also after July.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-18-2020, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post
I've kept all the discs. to save space I put them in books and cover art in another gave away the cases but the ability to access all from the app is a great thing. There was a period where they weren't adding cover art or information for newly loaded discs so I would make my own and use IMDb and add it myself. Now that will be everything Just a bit of a bummer but all good things come to an end. Not sure if the functionality of what I do have will be lost also after July.

From what I read it will remain work but in case u should consider a spare disk but k component are solid and not easy to fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page