• 2 Post By Ericglo

post #1 of 15 Old 05-29-2020, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Cedia expo 2020 cancelled

Plans for Virtual Experience Now Underway

CEDIA Expo 2020, originally scheduled for September 8-12, 2020 in Denver, CO, has been cancelled by Emerald Expositions, due to developments related to the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic. Plans are underway for a virtual convention to replace it in September.

"I have spoken."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-29-2020, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2103 Post(s)
Liked: 1389
Not a surprise by any means. The Denver Convention Center has been converted for use as a hospital facility if necessary. Still too many unknowns re Covid-19. I had planned to skip this next CEDIA (after attending 3 in a row). Hopefully will make the one in Indianapolis in 2021!

Pray for all of our healthcare providers, food manufacturing and delivery workers, all of whom are doing their best at great risk to help us survive the current Covid-19 virus crisis.
post #3 of 15 Old 05-29-2020, 10:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked: 1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Not a surprise by any means. The Denver Convention Center has been converted for use as a hospital facility if necessary. Still too many unknowns re Covid-19. I had planned to skip this next CEDIA (after attending 3 in a row). Hopefully will make the one in Indianapolis in 2021!
I went last year and was planning to go this year but I figured it was going to get canceled. I now plan to go next year in Indy. I've never been to that city so its a nice excuse to go.

JTR/JBL/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Monolith/Silver Ticket/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest/Harrison Labs/Roku
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 06-05-2020, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Indy in 2021? Count me in!

Current Equipment: Datasat LS10 w/ Atmos and DIRAC, ATI AT6005, Audio Control Savoy G3, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), SR3's sides, LR3's (rears),(4) RSL C34E’s (Atmos), Submersive HP, Marantz VP15s1, 123" diag 16:9 Stewart Cima Neve screen, Oppo BDP-103, Palliser Flicks Seating AC Power: Eaton whole-house surge protector at main panel, (3) 20 amp circuits, Surgex XR315 at equipment rack, Cyberpower 1400VA/900 watt, true sine wave UPS.
post #5 of 15 Old 06-05-2020, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2103 Post(s)
Liked: 1389
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlynch View Post
Wouldn't it be great to meet each other finally after all these years?

Pray for all of our healthcare providers, food manufacturing and delivery workers, all of whom are doing their best at great risk to help us survive the current Covid-19 virus crisis.
post #6 of 15 Old 06-05-2020, 09:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlynch View Post
Wouldn't it be great to meet each other finally after all these years?
I’ll be looking forward to it. It’s not a bad drive from where I live to Indianapolis; I would be honored to have you stay at our home during your visit to our Hoosier state. Just let me know!

Current Equipment: Datasat LS10 w/ Atmos and DIRAC, ATI AT6005, Audio Control Savoy G3, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), SR3's sides, LR3's (rears),(4) RSL C34E’s (Atmos), Submersive HP, Marantz VP15s1, 123" diag 16:9 Stewart Cima Neve screen, Oppo BDP-103, Palliser Flicks Seating AC Power: Eaton whole-house surge protector at main panel, (3) 20 amp circuits, Surgex XR315 at equipment rack, Cyberpower 1400VA/900 watt, true sine wave UPS.
post #7 of 15 Old 06-06-2020, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 4011 Post(s)
Liked: 2334
One nice thing about Indy the year I went was getting to the convention and parking was easy. Couple that with the ability to get downtown in a short amount of time meant one could stay at any reasonably priced hotel.

Dallas was relatively easy as well. Atlanta wasn't to bad, but does have a train. I didn't drive in SD or Denver, but I was no fan of Denver.

Glad it is back to the middle eastern side of the country especially after this Denver fixation.
Reddig likes this.

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
post #8 of 15 Old 06-06-2020, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 8057 Post(s)
Liked: 10649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
One nice thing about Indy the year I went was getting to the convention and parking was easy. Couple that with the ability to get downtown in a short amount of time meant one could stay at any reasonably priced hotel.

Dallas was relatively easy as well. Atlanta wasn't to bad, but does have a train. I didn't drive in SD or Denver, but I was no fan of Denver.

Glad it is back to the middle eastern side of the country especially after this Denver fixation.
One thing I don't like is that rather than move the date a couple of weeks after Labor Day like they had been doing, it's right before Labor Day weekend.
post #9 of 15 Old 06-08-2020, 07:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Nice to hear. I hope Indy is set up the same as that. Denver parking was the pits. Made sure each day I got my fill before leaving.

JTR/JBL/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Monolith/Silver Ticket/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest/Harrison Labs/Roku
post #10 of 15 Old 06-08-2020, 08:30 PM

Well it has been almost ten years, so it may have changed some. I stayed at a hotel out by the airport. I don't recall the price, but I am sure it was a lot cheaper than staying downtown. I definitely remember taking only about ten minutes or so to get into downtown. There was a lot behind the convention center that I parked. Really easy and convenient.
Reddig likes this.

post #11 of 15 Old 06-09-2020, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Virtual Infocomm:
https://na.info.pro.sony/index.php/email/emailWebview

"I have spoken."
post #12 of 15 Old 06-09-2020, 08:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Well it has been almost ten years, so it may have changed some. I stayed at a hotel out by the airport. I don't recall the price, but I am sure it was a lot cheaper than staying downtown. I definitely remember taking only about ten minutes or so to get into downtown. There was a lot behind the convention center that I parked. Really easy and convenient.
We'll always have Indy !

Cheers,
post #13 of 15 Old 06-10-2020, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
We'll always have Indy !

Cheers,
LOL, yes we will.

I will always remember you fawning all over Keith Yates at dinner. That was one of the more informative dinners I have had at Cedia.

That Cedia was also notable as Haflich took a young and innocent Mike Garrett as his protege.
Peter M and Reddig like this.

post #14 of 15 Old 06-11-2020, 09:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That great to hear. Bad parking at events is a HUGE source of stress/anger for me lol.

post #15 of 15 Old 06-11-2020, 09:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
LOL, yes we will.

I will always remember you fawning all over Keith Yates at dinner. That was one of the more informative dinners I have had at Cedia.

That Cedia was also notable as Haflich took a young and innocent Mike Garrett as his protege.
Id prolly fawn over Keith too lol. Love to pick his brain over a steak.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page