For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 241 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 465Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7201 of 8338 Old 11-25-2015, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,989
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 229
That's bullcrap. I was told they would support the legacy equipment. so 2 years after they put out a half-baked product they are discontinuing support.

I have a PAID subscription through like 2018. Maybe they need to give me a refund?

No wonder they didn't answer my e-mail I sent 12 days ago with any definite answers.

They should have offered the upgrade promo off the bat also. D-BOX making bad decisions lately.

This also should have been a transition product that would still work with the legacy detection algorithms and connections.

Guess if I can't figure out how to get a connection to my box in the closet I'm out of luck.

Matt

Last edited by turls; 11-25-2015 at 01:53 PM.
turls is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7202 of 8338 Old 11-25-2015, 01:50 PM
 
CINERAMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 17,607
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2273 Post(s)
Liked: 1292
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
Losing a 2 year sub not as bad as losing 70% the contrast ratio on a 32,000 SXRD projector LOL.
CINERAMAX is offline  
post #7203 of 8338 Old 11-25-2015, 02:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,989
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
Losing a 2 year sub not as bad as losing 70% the contrast ratio on a 32,000 SXRD projector LOL.
Oh, I've got that one too. Although I don't think mine has dropped 70%. You need pretty fancy instruments to calculate that definitively.

Actually my sub expires in Apr. 2017. So maybe I will just go back and watch all the old movies after that point.

Matt
turls is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7204 of 8338 Old 11-25-2015, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North TX
Posts: 2,368
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 718
If they dropped subs as part of this deal, that would be great.
thxman is offline  
post #7205 of 8338 Old 11-25-2015, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ckenisell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,013
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post
Actually my sub expires in Apr. 2017. So maybe I will just go back and watch all the old movies after that point.
I am afraid that they are going to lose me as a customer too.

Chet
ckenisell is offline  
post #7206 of 8338 Old 11-25-2015, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ckenisell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,013
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Tried to download the HEMC app just to check it out on my Android Galaxy Note 3 and here's what I got:



I don't own an iPad or Android tablet. My Note 3 should be good enough. Oh well!

Chet
ckenisell is offline  
post #7207 of 8338 Old 11-26-2015, 07:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North TX
Posts: 2,368
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 718
I hate this for you guys if your leaving. I understand the reason D-Box is doing this as resyncs cost them a ton over time. They did not have to deeply discount the HEMC for current legacy controller users, but they did. I recommend you see what your dealer is willing to do for you with this this promotion. Hell, at this price, you can go for it and if you bail, make a small profit selling it used?
thxman is offline  
post #7208 of 8338 Old 11-26-2015, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North TX
Posts: 2,368
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post
..I don't own an iPad or Android tablet. My Note 3 should be good enough. Oh well!
Did you try the PC app? Also, you may want to see if this can be side loaded.
thxman is offline  
post #7209 of 8338 Old 11-26-2015, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drvais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: United States
Posts: 1,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
I hate this for you guys if your leaving. I understand the reason D-Box is doing this as resyncs cost them a ton over time. They did not have to deeply discount the HEMC for current legacy controller users, but they did. I recommend you see what your dealer is willing to do for you with this this promotion. Hell, at this price, you can go for it and if you bail, make a small profit selling it used?

Yeah, sell your old controller asap before the market falls out.

Hail to the King, baby!
drvais is offline  
post #7210 of 8338 Old 11-26-2015, 08:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Dirk44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: leipzig germany
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 49
another point is : what is the deal then you already paid a 4 year subcription?

It like a contract and you will have no codes for the nearly 3 years? i think stopping the codes is not serious for company like d box
Dirk44 is offline  
post #7211 of 8338 Old 11-26-2015, 08:20 AM
 
CINERAMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 17,607
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2273 Post(s)
Liked: 1292
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
bd IV for sale 70$ LOL. I paid 2,400.
CINERAMAX is offline  
post #7212 of 8338 Old 11-26-2015, 10:38 AM
Member
 
Frank_VisionHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk44 View Post
another point is : what is the deal then you already paid a 4 year subcription?

It like a contract and you will have no codes for the nearly 3 years? i think stopping the codes is not serious for company like d box

Hello sir. Your D-BOX subscription is transferable when you upgrade to the new HEMC, if you have less than a year left to your current subscription, you get 1 whole year of subscription for FREE.
Dirk44 likes this.
Frank_VisionHD is offline  
post #7213 of 8338 Old 11-26-2015, 10:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Dirk44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: leipzig germany
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Thank for you this information Frank.

but you misanderstand me. I talk about the case:
if a user is paying for 4 years in advance (pre paid) and is willing to upgrade and pay for HEMC Controller, so is running out of codes in 2017 ?
Dirk44 is offline  
post #7214 of 8338 Old 11-26-2015, 11:11 AM
Member
 
Frank_VisionHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk44 View Post
Thank for you this information Frank.

but you misanderstand me. I talk about the case:
if a user is paying for 4 years in advance (pre paid) and is willing to upgrade and pay for HEMC Controller, so is running out of codes in 2017 ?

Actually sir, your 4 years of pre-paid D-BOX subscription is completely transferable to the HEMC, you will then be able to receive all the new updates after January 2017.
You will not loose any time on your current subscription and will be able to carry on with the reception of the new motion codes.

Just to be clear also, the 1 year of free subscription does not "stack" on the already existing subscription you already have.

I hope this helps! =)
Frank_VisionHD is offline  
post #7215 of 8338 Old 11-26-2015, 07:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,989
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
I hate this for you guys if your leaving. I understand the reason D-Box is doing this as resyncs cost them a ton over time. They did not have to deeply discount the HEMC for current legacy controller users, but they did. I recommend you see what your dealer is willing to do for you with this this promotion. Hell, at this price, you can go for it and if you bail, make a small profit selling it used?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post
Yeah, sell your old controller asap before the market falls out.
I'm not happy about the timing of the situation, I knew this day would come, but I hoped it would be after the HEMC is more of a proven tech (I was lead to believe it wasn't going to be this soon when I made a big investment in more equipment less than 2 years ago), and maybe even after another generation came out. I do feel that D-BOX has worked with me to try to keep me a happy customer and I would echo the sentiment to talk to your dealer and make the best out of a not-so-great situation. I hope what they have recommended to get my digital coax input converted to analog audio works.

I hope they allow me to keep codes going to both boxes during the next year of transition period. I have no reason to try to sell my Series IV now as it won't be worth much.

The next question I have that I don't think anybody has asked is--what does this abandoning of legacy tech do for the gaming side of things? There is no HEMC for my D-BOX gaming chair is there?

Matt

Last edited by turls; 11-26-2015 at 07:46 PM.
turls is offline  
post #7216 of 8338 Old 11-27-2015, 08:12 AM
Member
 
Frank_VisionHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post
I'm not happy about the timing of the situation, I knew this day would come, but I hoped it would be after the HEMC is more of a proven tech (I was lead to believe it wasn't going to be this soon when I made a big investment in more equipment less than 2 years ago), and maybe even after another generation came out. I do feel that D-BOX has worked with me to try to keep me a happy customer and I would echo the sentiment to talk to your dealer and make the best out of a not-so-great situation. I hope what they have recommended to get my digital coax input converted to analog audio works.

I hope they allow me to keep codes going to both boxes during the next year of transition period. I have no reason to try to sell my Series IV now as it won't be worth much.

The next question I have that I don't think anybody has asked is--what does this abandoning of legacy tech do for the gaming side of things? There is no HEMC for my D-BOX gaming chair is there?
Regarding gaming chair, the KAI-1P that allows to synchronize motion with PC-based gaming is not affected by the changes from legacy controllers to HEMC. The game’s motion codes and movie’s motion codes are very different as the first one is a live reaction to the user’s action and the second one is artistically scripted to match the onscreen action, thus the codes are not in the same format, requiring different type of controllers. The HEMC is the new standard for movie motion code. For gaming, the KAI-1P has been used for many years and its efficiency is proven. It is the standard for D-BOX gaming and we continue to release new titles regularly.

Hope this helps clarify details. =)
turls likes this.
Frank_VisionHD is offline  
post #7217 of 8338 Old 11-27-2015, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North TX
Posts: 2,368
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 718
I am going all in. One 3250C, one 4250c with the HEMC and four KAI-1Ps providing D-Box to a seating capacity of 5 (4 zones, 1 love seat). With this current deal and lower D-Box pricing, this will cost me less than the MCI-4P with 2 SPR-220's cost me 4 years ago. I will miss the MCI and how I interfaced with it. I won't miss shipping off my BD copies.
Frank_VisionHD likes this.
thxman is offline  
post #7218 of 8338 Old 11-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Member
 
Frank_VisionHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
I am going all in. One 3250C, one 4250c with the HEMC and four KAI-1Ps providing D-Box to a seating capacity of 5 (4 zones, 1 love seat). With this current deal and lower D-Box pricing, this will cost me less than the MCI-4P with 2 SPR-220's cost me 4 years ago. I will miss the MCI and how I interfaced with it. I won't miss shipping off my BD copies.
That is correct, with the C series actuators, it is more advantageous to purchase seperate actuators kits than a SRP motion platform.

Vision HD is also a JAYMAR authorized dealer, there facilities are also located not too far from our store. If you are interested in JAYMAR products, feel free to contact us, it will be our pleasure to serve you.
Frank_VisionHD is offline  
post #7219 of 8338 Old 11-30-2015, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
7channelfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Houston
Posts: 1,037
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_VisionHD View Post
Just to be clear also, the 1 year of free subscription does not "stack" on the already existing subscription you already have.
So if I renewed my annual subscription last month....I am only getting one free month? It says the deal is good through February something or another, I might as well wait till the last day if that's the case.
7channelfreak is online now  
post #7220 of 8338 Old 11-30-2015, 04:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North TX
Posts: 2,368
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 718
I am getting an HEMC and I probably won't activate the sub until after I finish my HT rebuild. I renewed in late June so not as recent as you.
thxman is offline  
post #7221 of 8338 Old 11-30-2015, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
7channelfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Houston
Posts: 1,037
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
I am getting an HEMC and I probably won't activate the sub until after I finish my HT rebuild. I renewed in late June so not as recent as you.
I did see on the renewal form that codes were included till the end of 2016. It didn't say the usual free 12 months.
7channelfreak is online now  
post #7222 of 8338 Old 11-30-2015, 06:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North TX
Posts: 2,368
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post
I did see on the renewal form that codes were included till the end of 2016. It didn't say the usual free 12 months.
Ah darn, thanks. I did not read the fine print yet.
thxman is offline  
post #7223 of 8338 Old 12-02-2015, 04:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Deepsky4565's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Spokane, Washington
Posts: 347
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Okay, any dealers out there want to quote me a HEMC? Please PM me! I was hoping this day was a ways away still, hard to afford right now, but we'll see.
Deepsky4565 is offline  
post #7224 of 8338 Old 12-03-2015, 05:37 AM
 
CINERAMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 17,607
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2273 Post(s)
Liked: 1292
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsky4565 View Post
Okay, any dealers out there want to quote me a HEMC? Please PM me! I was hoping this day was a ways away still, hard to afford right now, but we'll see.
For HEMC you are better off getting from Frank as he has stock and free shipping, for ecosystems (dropped shipped from the factory) there are alternatives from true d-box system pioneer envelope pushers that can better explain the difference between entry level seating Jaymar,Mid level seating AI, Fortress and Design NS to the top range Cineak (which is now 40% more affordable than 2 years ago due to strong dollar), which so benefits the motion & envelopment experience when your chair is super sturdy (metal frames) and is coupled by hi-ergonomics and extreme long term durability.
thxman likes this.

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 12-03-2015 at 05:43 AM.
CINERAMAX is offline  
post #7225 of 8338 Old 12-04-2015, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North TX
Posts: 2,368
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 718
New MFX codes out for the weekend.

  • Self Less
  • Paper Towns
  • Good Kill
I did not see anything added to the upcoming list (already long list) but they just updated so that may change.
thxman is offline  
post #7226 of 8338 Old 12-04-2015, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ckenisell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,013
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Are we going to see a Hobbit The Battle of Five Armies Extended Edition code release?
Dirk44 and MikeDVD04 like this.

Chet
ckenisell is offline  
post #7227 of 8338 Old 12-05-2015, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North TX
Posts: 2,368
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 718
thxman is offline  
post #7228 of 8338 Old 12-11-2015, 06:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North TX
Posts: 2,368
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 718
Ant-Man and Minions updated on my PC controller last night. Site has not been updated yet.
thxman is offline  
post #7229 of 8338 Old 12-14-2015, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North TX
Posts: 2,368
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked: 718
D-Box updated their website. The HEMC site is gone. I really like the move list now.
Frank_VisionHD likes this.
thxman is offline  
post #7230 of 8338 Old 12-15-2015, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
xhonzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lehi, UT
Posts: 982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Has anyone tried the Star Wars despecialized editions on HEMC? Does it work? How about Star Wars Revisited?

Also anyone doing Dolby Atmos and HEMC at the same time. Any issues?

Last edited by xhonzi; 12-15-2015 at 02:18 PM.
xhonzi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off