For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 242 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 458Likes

post #7231 of 8286 Old 12-16-2015, 08:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Liked: 718
I just put in my D-Box order in today. Thank you Frank for making everything so easy and the great pricing. I finally will be able to sit 5 with D-Box instead of just 2.
Frank_VisionHD likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7232 of 8286 Old 12-16-2015, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Congrats!!
post #7233 of 8286 Old 12-16-2015, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhonzi View Post
Has anyone tried the Star Wars despecialized editions on HEMC? Does it work? How about Star Wars Revisited?

Also anyone doing Dolby Atmos and HEMC at the same time. Any issues?
No issue with Dolby Atmos and Auro3D !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7234 of 8286 Old 12-17-2015, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcoma View Post
Are you using the analog out from your Trinnov to your HEMC or are you using the fury as well?
post #7235 of 8286 Old 12-17-2015, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hemc?

How much US dollars for the Hemc now with the 55% rebate sale going on?.
post #7236 of 8286 Old 12-17-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
Quote:
Are you using the analog out from your Trinnov to your HEMC or are you using the fury as well?
Hi , I am using the 2ch analog out from my Pionner BDP-LX88 to HEMC ! I don't think u can use the Trinnov 2ch Analog out to do that ! Cause Trinnov doesn't have a downmix option for 2ch analog and the 2ch is always a duplication of Ch 1 and Ch 2 ! So this is not reach the HEMC requirement for at least LCRch downmix ! Hope this can help !
post #7237 of 8286 Old 12-17-2015, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by petedwitt View Post
how much us dollars for the hemc now with the 55% rebate sale going on?.
$1,600.00
post #7238 of 8286 Old 12-17-2015, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post
$1,600.00
I can confirm this.

Chet
post #7239 of 8286 Old 12-17-2015, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 2273 Post(s)
Liked: 1292
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
Quote:
Hi , I am using the 2ch analog out from my Pionner BDP-LX88 to HEMC ! I don't think u can use the Trinnov 2ch Analog out to do that ! Cause Trinnov doesn't have a downmix option for 2ch analog and the 2ch is always a duplication of Ch 1 and Ch 2 ! So this is not reach the HEMC requirement for at least LCRch downmix ! Hope this can help !
Oh wow. Bummer.

The Rs-20i does have something Called Booth Monitor which is mono but mixes in any number of channels.
post #7240 of 8286 Old 12-17-2015, 04:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
Oh wow. Bummer.

The Rs-20i does have something Called Booth Monitor which is mono but mixes in any number of channels.
Still wondering if they are working on Hobbit 3 Extended Edition. It's not on their web site.
thxman and Dirk44 like this.
post #7241 of 8286 Old 12-17-2015, 04:23 PM

they should do more of the classics that translate well when played in deep color like on an OLed or 6p laser.

Like Flash Gordon.
post #7242 of 8286 Old 12-17-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Oh wow. Bummer.

Are u using RS-20i ? That sound really good ! But I am mostly use a Blu Ray player as my source , so is ok for me to use that with HEMC ! For those who want to use media box or some streaming service , Trinnov is don't have that option ! Maybe I have to ask the technical support to confirm that !
post #7243 of 8286 Old 12-18-2015, 09:37 AM

On a separate note here is an HEMC Experience quality assurance mini-todo list.

1-Many of us that use windows pc use Xfinity internet, it comes bundled with a Norton Secirity suite that is very militant. Norton security suite consider the HEMC controller a THREAT I just ran a scan and it deleted it. D-box needs to submit this program (the emotiva dac usb interface suffers from the same issue) to Norton so it let's it reside in WIN 10

2-Many of us like to rack mount our kit using Middle Atlantic Rackshelfs, while the Bd-iV ( and if some one wants one for the cost of shipping alone I am about to throw mine in the garbage so pm me) D-Box needs to submit a drawing of the HEMC to MA so that they can offer this much needed rackshelf to whomever wants to neatly install the HEMC in a rack.

3- Lastly after having lived without d-box for 15 months all i can say is WOW, you really do not know a great thing until you miss it! Anyone claiming to have an immersive system without D-Box is in complete state of denial. D-Box is indeed the last crucial cog in IMMERSIVE CINEMA. Many many thanks to Danielle Paradise of D-Box for helping make this X'mas one of my best X'mas ever!

I used to call Mario Super Mario after Mario brothers for all his help, Daielle now is my Super Danielle, 2016 should be a great year for d-box and Immersive Cinema aficionados the World over.
thxman likes this.
post #7244 of 8286 Old 12-18-2015, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 79
For all D-Box enthusiasts !

Yeah, I've noticed Avast anti-virus disables HEMC on my Windows 7 laptop too.

Hail to the King, baby!
post #7245 of 8286 Old 12-21-2015, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Hi,

Im looking at getting DBOX installed into my home cinema room.

I am based in UK, London and wanted to know if this is possible or not?

Also please can you give me a rough estimate as to what sort of prices to expect?

At the moment i have one sofa (3 seater) that if possible i would like to convert to dbox. Alternate option is to replace the sofa with 3 dbox seats if that works out cheaper?

In my home cinema i am currently using CROWSONS Tactile Tranducers that sit under the back two sofa feet. I also have 2 more of these transducers on another sofa, which isnt that important for dbox.

Thanks.
post #7246 of 8286 Old 12-21-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Nads View Post
Hi,

Im looking at getting DBOX installed into my home cinema room.

I am based in UK, London and wanted to know if this is possible or not?

Also please can you give me a rough estimate as to what sort of prices to expect?

At the moment i have one sofa (3 seater) that if possible i would like to convert to dbox. Alternate option is to replace the sofa with 3 dbox seats if that works out cheaper?

In my home cinema i am currently using CROWSONS Tactile Tranducers that sit under the back two sofa feet. I also have 2 more of these transducers on another sofa, which isnt that important for dbox.

Thanks.
the sofa is too wide for d-box to work, you can do 3 single seats, but cost does go up alternately you could fit a love seat and a single chair though odd looking perhaps. Or you could start with a love seat probably your best bang for the buck, and sit soemone on a dining chair next to you.
post #7247 of 8286 Old 12-21-2015, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
the sofa is too wide for d-box to work, you can do 3 single seats, but cost does go up alternately you could fit a love seat and a single chair though odd looking perhaps. Or you could start with a love seat probably your best bang for the buck, and sit soemone on a dining chair next to you.
Oh is that so! I thought that the Dbox platforms are big enough for a 3 seater sofa? Im sure i saw it somewhere on the net saying that it can work with 3 seaters?

If thats the case, then i guess i could look at fitting in either 3 single seats (hopefully they would take the same space as a 3 seater sofa, as that is what I'm sort of limited to) or just fit in a love seat and a single seat like you suggested. Ofcourse it does come down to cost as well.

I wish i could just sit the others on a dining chair I actually have 2 sofas in the room. The main one which is the 3 seater i want for dbox, and another to the side (badly placed) just for extra people and it is a 2 seater. I don't really want to do anything with this other sofa currently.

One other thing, i understand for DBOX that the movie needs to be adapted for DBOX for it to work. i.e.. it can't convert any movie to work with DBOX such as my Crowson transducers do (they use the LFE/Bass signal to work with every movie and game) or say how Dolby Atmos works where my AVR can upscale any movies sound to use the extra Atmos speakers. Even though the motions won't work with every movie, will the vibrations still work in the chair as my current transducers do?

Lastly, is the Dbox going to be compatible with my gaming consoles? Such as Xbox One or PS4?

Thanks
post #7248 of 8286 Old 12-21-2015, 08:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Nads View Post
Oh is that so! I thought that the Dbox platforms are big enough for a 3 seater sofa? Im sure i saw it somewhere on the net saying that it can work with 3 seaters?

If thats the case, then i guess i could look at fitting in either 3 single seats (hopefully they would take the same space as a 3 seater sofa, as that is what I'm sort of limited to) or just fit in a love seat and a single seat like you suggested. Ofcourse it does come down to cost as well.

I wish i could just sit the others on a dining chair I actually have 2 sofas in the room. The main one which is the 3 seater i want for dbox, and another to the side (badly placed) just for extra people and it is a 2 seater. I don't really want to do anything with this other sofa currently.

One other thing, i understand for DBOX that the movie needs to be adapted for DBOX for it to work. i.e.. it can't convert any movie to work with DBOX such as my Crowson transducers do (they use the LFE/Bass signal to work with every movie and game) or say how Dolby Atmos works where my AVR can upscale any movies sound to use the extra Atmos speakers. Even though the motions won't work with every movie, will the vibrations still work in the chair as my current transducers do?

Lastly, is the Dbox going to be compatible with my gaming consoles? Such as Xbox One or PS4?

Thanks

Please check out the FAQ in my signature

Hail to the King, baby!
post #7249 of 8286 Old 12-22-2015, 07:44 AM

I can confirm t5hat Fury and Elissium worked flalessly on the 65 oled's toslink output when fed 4k files from the SONY FMP-x10 4k media player, takes the same amount of time to synch as the oppo via HEMC.

What other sources have streamers and hdtv stb users have used the HEMC on? I will try the X-! Xfinity, Netflix 4k and Amazon 4k streams next. All slated for HDR upgrade next year.
post #7250 of 8286 Old 12-23-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
On a separate note here is an HEMC Experience quality assurance mini-todo list.

1-Many of us that use windows pc use Xfinity internet, it comes bundled with a Norton Secirity suite that is very militant. Norton security suite consider the HEMC controller a THREAT I just ran a scan and it deleted it. D-box needs to submit this program (the emotiva dac usb interface suffers from the same issue) to Norton so it let's it reside in WIN 10

2-Many of us like to rack mount our kit using Middle Atlantic Rackshelfs, while the Bd-iV ( and if some one wants one for the cost of shipping alone I am about to throw mine in the garbage so pm me) D-Box needs to submit a drawing of the HEMC to MA so that they can offer this much needed rackshelf to whomever wants to neatly install the HEMC in a rack.
I am pleased to report d-box is addressing the friendly progam issue with Symantec, and that they are trying to locate the original HEMC's Autocad files to submit to Middle Atlantic.
post #7251 of 8286 Old 12-23-2015, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Frank- I've reached out to you via PM, but haven't heard back.
post #7252 of 8286 Old 12-24-2015, 04:47 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais
Send it in for repair.
After I get back my repaired D-Box System from D-Box Canada, now I have another problem:

The whole system goes up and down and nobody knows why. This happened several times within 30 minutes.

In the link you will see the issue:

Can anyone tell me for what is this white screw on the actuator?

post #7253 of 8286 Old 12-24-2015, 05:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDVD04 View Post
After I get back my repaired D-Box System from D-Box Canada, now I have another problem:

The whole system goes up and down and nobody knows why. This happened several times within 30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfxLMJKKs5Q

That sounds like your actuator control module is defective.

Hail to the King, baby!
post #7254 of 8286 Old 12-24-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDVD04 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfxLMJKKs5Q

After every update on the HEMC , the actuator will go up and down ! So this is normal !
post #7255 of 8286 Old 12-27-2015, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello to all

i purchased a HEMC a few days ago and have some issues with my setup: Pre-amp Denon AVP A1HD, PCHC with MPC ( Madvr and lavfilter), Oppo 103 and Dune HD
I tried almost all possible connections and all not workink well or as expected

-HEMC connected to Denon Preout LCR ( Jack to 3 RCA)
The signal is not consistant and several dropouts make this solution useless...

-HEMC connected to a 5.1 spdif converter ( the one suggested by dbox)
The signal seems stronger but sometimes, there's a loss of sync during silence and the HEMC is not able to sync again fast enough, so some motions are lost in the process

-HEMC connected directly to RCA outpout ( Blu ray or Dune) and it works pretty well but i lost the benefits of multi sources ( unless i buy some cheap RCA switch...)

None of this solution works with my PC and HDMI bitstream output...i tried several configuration on windows and MPC but none seems to work output BOTH HDMI bitstream and Jack/RCA stereo

So Guys, could you tell me how your HEMC is connected to your set up ? and someone has been succeed working HEMC with PCHC solution ?

thanks for your help
post #7256 of 8286 Old 12-27-2015, 06:53 AM

Hello to all

i purchased a HEMC a few days ago and have some issues with my setup: Pre-amp Denon AVP A1HD, PCHC with MPC ( Madvr and lavfilter), Oppo 103 and Dune HD

The signal seems stronger but sometimes, there's a loss of sync during silence and the HEMC is not able to sync again fast enough, so some motions are lost in the process

-HEMC connected directly to RCA outpout ( Blu ray or Dune) and it works pretty well but i lost the benefits of multi sources ( unless i buy some cheap RCA switch...)

None of this solution works with my PC and HDMI bitstream output...i tried several configuration on windows and MPC but none seems to work output BOTH HDMI bitstream and Jack/RCA stereo

So Guys, could you tell me how your HEMC is connected to your set up ? and someone has been succeed working HEMC with PCHC solution ?

thanks for your help
post #7257 of 8286 Old 12-27-2015, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I am actually about to play withyour new HEMC now so I am not expert. What is your tolerance set to.
post #7258 of 8286 Old 12-27-2015, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by remaisisqo View Post
Hello to all

thanks for your help

My HEMC FAQ might be of assistance to you.

http://www.thekingofbelgium.com/HEMC.html

Hail to the King, baby!
post #7259 of 8286 Old 12-27-2015, 11:28 AM

Thanks
Strange, this afternoon, everything work sur fine with the spdif converter for Oppo and dune...
However with PC, at best, with MPC, i have the core track on my denon but never HD audio and hemc working together
Anyone with a PC solution working ?
post #7260 of 8286 Old 12-28-2015, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Got my HEMC up and running with no issues. I had forgotten to change the Oppo's digital outs from Bitstream to LPCM, but a quick connection of some headphones on the external DAC sounded like digital noise which reminded me to change the setting. I think this is a good way to troubleshoot (connect headphones to what is being fed to the HEMC to ensure there is audio).

When making the connections, I noticed there is an RS-232 input on these new "Black" HEMC units. I connected my remote system and tried some legacy commands but they did not work. Does anyone know if there is a new Protocol for the HEMC? Has anyone asked if this new RS-232 port is active for control?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page