For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 272 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 454Likes

post #8131 of 8267 Old 06-23-2018, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Liked: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDeckard2019 View Post
Much appreciated thxman,

A dealer has offered me 3250c & 4400c actuator sets which I am confused about as I thought the model codes ended with an ‘i’. Is there a difference?

Thanks again
I have both C and I sets and have not noticed a difference. The C actuators are cheaper and I think have a lower weight capacity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8132 of 8267 Old 06-25-2018, 05:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
Yes, also streaming, etc.

I have both 3 and 4 actuators in single seats and the performance is about the same.

Correct, not connected at all.

There are no guaranties with any company but D-Box products will likely outlast any PJ, AVR and possibly speakers that you may invest in. Even K severs need to upgrade anytime a new format comes out (DVD->BD->UHD). On top of all the upgrades I have made over almost 30 years, D-Box always gets the most compliments, feedback.
I wonder that 3 and 4 actuators are acting the same ! I already have two single fortress with 3 and always looking for a 4 actuators solution für third seat to compare....but it seems I'm not have to look forward anymore. How often you compared it ?
post #8133 of 8267 Old 06-30-2018, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hopefully not too long now until I join the D-BOX club

In preparation for this, I would really appreciate your top 10 movies to demonstrate D-BOX at its best?

Cheers
thxman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8134 of 8267 Old 06-30-2018, 09:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk44 View Post
I wonder that 3 and 4 actuators are acting the same ! I already have two single fortress with 3 and always looking for a 4 actuators solution für third seat to compare....but it seems I'm not have to look forward anymore. How often you compared it ?
I have had 4 actuator chairs for 7 years and 3 for well over 2 years. My main seat has 3 and I don't feel like I have made any compromises with it.
post #8135 of 8267 Old 06-30-2018, 09:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hopefully not too long now until I join the D-BOX club

In preparation for this, I would really appreciate your top 10 movies to demonstrate D-BOX at its best?

Cheers
There are many posts about this in this thread. Here is an example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passi View Post
Even more suggestions from me: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/86-ul...l#post32613169

Especially the last one (Flight of the Phoenix) is still the most intense D-Box scene I have watched yet.
post #8136 of 8267 Old 08-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Hi guys, I'd like to get into D-Box for home cinema fun. Is D-Box on any UHD 4K Blu-ray titles? I haven't seen the logo on some of the titles I have. I checked the last few pages of this thread but didn't see anything. Is D-Box just on HD Blu-ray?
post #8137 of 8267 Old 08-10-2018, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Osadciw View Post
Hi guys, I'd like to get into D-Box for home cinema fun. Is D-Box on any UHD 4K Blu-ray titles? I haven't seen the logo on some of the titles I have. I checked the last few pages of this thread but didn't see anything. Is D-Box just on HD Blu-ray?

Check their site here ->http://tech.d-box.com/entertainment/home-entertainment/ and click on the movie tab. Be sure to click advance search to see a full list of coded movies. The D-Box codes are not on the disk (BD, DVD, UHD, etc..) they are instead saved on your controller when you buy it and pay for the subscription. Any movie that is coded and downloaded on your controller will work regardless of the source, including streaming.
post #8138 of 8267 Old 08-24-2018, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Rambo First Blood Pt. II finally coded

Hail to the King, baby!
post #8139 of 8267 Old 10-16-2018, 01:39 AM

Initial motion code install

Hi guys, finally got my hemc & the chairs are arriving soon :-)
Quick question, before my chairs arrive is it possible to install the initial upload (10GB) of motion codes prior to connecting it to anything except my ethernet? I have setup my subscription, got the app on my iPad and paired it, but I cannot see if it is uploading anything, is there a way to see if it is uploading? Thanks
post #8140 of 8267 Old 10-16-2018, 01:51 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Hi guys, finally got my hemc & the chairs are arriving soon 🙂
Quick question, before my chairs arrive is it possible to install the initial upload (10GB) of motion codes prior to connecting it to anything except my ethernet? I have setup my subscription, got the app on my iPad and paired it, but I cannot see if it is uploading anything, is there a way to see if it is uploading? Thanks
Just be patient, the controller will try periodically to get updates.

You can check in the app under „Library“ which movies are currently on your HEMC.

If you are a subscriber, you will receive a weekly e-mail Update about the currently three weekly new code releases.

Cheers!

Markus
post #8141 of 8267 Old 10-16-2018, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv038856 View Post
Just be patient, the controller will try periodically to get updates.

You can check in the app under „Library“ which movies are currently on your HEMC.

If you are a subscriber, you will receive a weekly e-mail Update about the currently three weekly new code releases.

Cheers!

Markus
Thanks Markus,

I just wasn’t sure if it would upload if not connected to seats, audio in etc. As this is my 1st upload the hemc does not have anything in the library and I thought that it might have an indicator to show it was doing something?
post #8142 of 8267 Old 10-23-2018, 10:07 PM

Solved,

Hi guys, I just thought I would give a quick update. Post 72 hrs I still do not have the motion codes in my library so I confirmed that all of my settings, subscription, pairing were ok so as a last resort I simply turned the hemc on/off and the motion codes appeared 😀
post #8143 of 8267 Old 10-23-2018, 10:08 PM

Now I can’t wait to finally get my seats fired up!
post #8144 of 8267 Old 10-23-2018, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Now I can’t wait to finally get my seats fired up!

Enjooy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8145 of 8267 Old 10-24-2018, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 241
I am thinking that it's been long enough and I might jump back in by picking up the HEMC. I have some questions:

1. How are extended editions like The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies handled?

2. What is everyone using for analog outputs from their surround sound receivers to the 1/8th in. input on the HEMC?

3. Does every surround sound receiver output analog stereo when there are digital HDMI sources like Blu-ray and various streaming devices? I'm wondering if copyright issues will block the surround sound receiver from converting digital HDCP content to stereo analog.

4. The full installation guide found here is not downloading. It will only download a text document stating that I don't have permission to download. Does anyone have this document they could share? I'd like to see how the KAI-1P fits into the installation.

5. As a person who currently has the old MCI-2P, is there anything else I should know before migrating to the HEMC? Anything functionality I will be losing or gaining?

Thanks!
thxman likes this.

Chet

Last edited by ckenisell; 10-24-2018 at 11:30 AM.
post #8146 of 8267 Old 10-24-2018, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell
I am thinking that it's been long enough and I might jump back in by picking up the HEMC. I have some questions:Thanks!
  1. How are extended editions like The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies handled? Works well for the older titles. Newer ones like Deadpool 2 are not so good due to DBox not really supporting them.

2. What is everyone using for analog outputs from their surround sound receivers to the 1/8th in. input on the HEMC? If your AVR down-mixes all the channels to 2ch, that works. I still use my oppo and output the optical to a used Emotiva DAC for best results. I found the cheap DAC added too much noise and were less reliable.

3. Does every surround sound receiver output analog stereo when there are digital HDMI sources like Blu-ray and various streaming devices? I'm wondering if copyright issues will block the surround sound receiver from converting digital HDCP content to stereo analog. My Tinnov did not, see above.

4. The full installation guide found here is not downloading. It will only download a text document stating that I don't have permission to download. Does anyone have this document they could share? I'd like to see how the KAI-1P fits into the installation. The HEMC outputs via USB so you need to covert the USB to the CAT5 cable via the KAI's.

5. As a person who currently has the old MCI-2P, is there anything else I should know before migrating to the HEMC? Anything functionality I will be losing or gaining? You will add gaming and lose audio mode. They said they will support audio mode, but the HEMC has been around for awhile now without it.
post #8147 of 8267 Old 10-24-2018, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post
[*]The full installation guide found here is not downloading. It will only download a text document stating that I don't have permission to download.
The manual downloaded for me.

http://tech.d-box.com/?wpdmdl=22368

Be sure you have a PDF reader to view.
post #8148 of 8267 Old 10-27-2018, 10:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The manual downloaded for me.

http://tech.d-box.com/?wpdmdl=22368

Be sure you have a PDF reader to view.

Thanks. Anybody care to PM me with the price they paid for the HEMC with KAI? Is that allowed?

Quote:
You will add gaming and lose audio mode. They said they will support audio mode, but the HEMC has been around for awhile now without it.

I can understand losing audio mode. I only ever used that for football anyway, but "add gaming"? How does that work? Is that for PC gaming with a very limited selection of supported titles?

Chet
post #8149 of 8267 Old 11-02-2018, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks. Anybody care to PM me with the price they paid for the HEMC with KAI? Is that allowed?

I can understand losing audio mode. I only ever used that for football anyway, but "add gaming"? How does that work? Is that for PC gaming with a very limited selection of supported titles?
I got my HEMC when D-Box still had had their promo for existing users. At the time, I found a CA dealer that with a wire transfer, gave a great deal with the CA to US exchange rates. That dealer is no longer.

As for gaming, you just need to connect the KAI to the usb port on your gaming PC, download the software and you are good to go with coded titles. The KAI is all that was ever needed here and since the HECM has USB outs, we all now have KAI in HEMC enable systems. New actuator kits now come with the KAI too.
post #8150 of 8267 Old 11-02-2018, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I got my HEMC when D-Box still had had their promo for existing users. At the time, I found a CA dealer that with a wire transfer, gave a great deal with the CA to US exchange rates. That dealer is no longer.
Was that Frank at VisionHD? He was going to give me a good deal too, but I didn't have the funds at the time. Now, I'm trying to get that same deal for existing users, but I may have to get directly with D-Box on it. I can't get anybody to look into it or call me back.

Chet
post #8151 of 8267 Old 11-02-2018, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

SO I just reached out to D-Box. MSRP on these things is $3,500 and the promotional price was around $1,500. That's a huge difference and there no way I'm going to be willing to pay $3,500 for something that I could have gotten a couple of years ago for $1,500. That's ridiculous. I guess I'll keep my eyes open to see if anybody is willing to sell their HEMC, but they seem to be hard to come by.

It's unfortunate too, because I find myself no longer using my home theater because I know there's movies I own that are motion coded, but I won't watch them without the motion. I have Deadpool 2, Solo, etc. that I want to watch, but haven't yet because I don't have the HEMC.

Chet
post #8152 of 8267 Old 11-02-2018, 06:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Was that Frank at VisionHD? He was going to give me a good deal too, but I didn't have the funds at the time. Now, I'm trying to get that same deal for existing users, but I may have to get directly with D-Box on it. I can't get anybody to look into it or call me back.
Yes, that was him.
post #8153 of 8267 Old 11-04-2018, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Long time since checking in...

My theater seats have been working flawlessly for all these years. Any new seating? Still waiting for 3" excursions....
post #8154 of 8267 Old 11-04-2018, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Angry

Quote:
SO I just reached out to D-Box. MSRP on these things is $3,500 and the promotional price was around $1,500. That's a huge difference and there no way I'm going to be willing to pay $3,500 for something that I could have gotten a couple of years ago for $1,500. That's ridiculous. I guess I'll keep my eyes open to see if anybody is willing to sell their HEMC, but they seem to be hard to come by.

It's unfortunate too, because I find myself no longer using my home theater because I know there's movies I own that are motion coded, but I won't watch them without the motion. I have Deadpool 2, Solo, etc. that I want to watch, but haven't yet because I don't have the HEMC.
Sorry to hear that ! But just curious why u don’t pull the trigger when the promotion is valided ? Now just put u in a embarrassing condition ! Hope u can fastly enjoy all the D-Box coded movie soon ! HEMC is far a lot better than the original controller ! So when I know the promotion I am pull the trigger without thinking ! The only regret is I get the Silver version of HEMC instead of the Black version which is currently ! I want it Black and I remember I have asking for a Black Version which need to add $1000 to it , but I rejected the offer ! After that , they changed all HEMC to Black Version !
post #8155 of 8267 Old 11-06-2018, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Health Nut View Post
Long time since checking in...

My theater seats have been working flawlessly for all these years. Any new seating? Still waiting for 3" excursions....
Glad you are still up an running without any issues. The 3" and 6" excursions exist but only for the SIM market. I have asked D-Box if these can be implemented in the theater seats and they said they would not work.
post #8156 of 8267 Old 11-17-2018, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Any recommendations for a HDMI converter that converts any (!) HDMI audio to 2CH (for the HEMC) - except for the high priced Atlona converter? I've tried some cheaper ones but they don't seem to work...
Thanks!
post #8157 of 8267 Old 11-17-2018, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandel View Post
Any recommendations for a HDMI converter that converts any (!) HDMI audio to 2CH (for the HEMC) - except for the high priced Atlona converter? I've tried some cheaper ones but they don't seem to work...
Thanks!
I'm only aware of one that will handle Atmos and DTS-HD.

https://www.avprostore.com/18Gbps-8-...-avdm-auhd.htm

Adam Pelz ,Acoustic Mafia - Hear No Evil
JBL Master ARCOS Calibrator, CEDIA Designer, Home Acoustics Alliance Instructor LIII, THX HT1+ HT2+ Video, Level III Trinnov Altitude Calibrator
Mercenary Calibrator for Manufacturers, Integrators and System Owners
post #8158 of 8267 Old 11-18-2018, 12:33 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by appelz View Post
I'm only aware of one that will handle Atmos and DTS-HD.

https://www.avprostore.com/18Gbps-8-...-avdm-auhd.htm

Thanks, appelz, that's good to know. What does the Atlona do with Atmos and DTS-HD then? Will it simply not decode the audio or will it decode only the audio core?

EDIT: Just found this on the Atlona specs: "The HD-M2C [...] converts/down-mixes multichannel HD audio formats like Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and DTS:X™ to two channels."

Last edited by Sandel; 11-18-2018 at 12:36 AM.
post #8159 of 8267 Old 11-19-2018, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandel View Post
Thanks, appelz, that's good to know. What does the Atlona do with Atmos and DTS-HD then? Will it simply not decode the audio or will it decode only the audio core?

EDIT: Just found this on the Atlona specs: "The HD-M2C [...] converts/down-mixes multichannel HD audio formats like Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and DTS:X™ to two channels."
Huh, I guess I'm now aware of two! I know when the AvPro piece started shipping it *was* the only one available.

Adam Pelz ,Acoustic Mafia - Hear No Evil
JBL Master ARCOS Calibrator, CEDIA Designer, Home Acoustics Alliance Instructor LIII, THX HT1+ HT2+ Video, Level III Trinnov Altitude Calibrator
Mercenary Calibrator for Manufacturers, Integrators and System Owners
post #8160 of 8267 Old 11-21-2018, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 27
My Denon AVP-A1HD doesn't down convert to 2ch for the HEMC and neither does my Lumagen so I tried a couple of the cheaper converters on amazon (UK based btw) and they didn't work for the HD codecs unfortunately.

Bought the Atlona unit and it works brilliantly so I would definitely recommend it for the ease of use to be honest. It works for all the codecs I have.

I don't know of any other unit that does it that was available over here but the US may have other options?

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Ash

Cinema Room: Denon AVP-A1HDA, Lumagen Radiance XE, JVC HD100 PJ + Schneider 2.35 Lens, Acer H9600BD 3D PJ, 8' wide 2.35:1 Screen, D-Box, Crowson Transducers, Parasound Halo JC-1, Halo A23 x 2, Chord SPM1200 x 2, B&W 802D + DS8 + SCMS, SVS PB13Ultra x 2, SVS ASEQ, OPPO 93, Nvidia Shield, SKY HD, PS3, XBOX One X, HTPC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page