For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 273 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 454Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8161 of 8267 Old 11-21-2018, 01:00 PM
Member
 
Sandel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 24
In the meantime, I went for the Atlona converter too. Until it arrives here, I'm glad to hear that it really works flawlessly!
Sandel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8162 of 8267 Old 11-22-2018, 02:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
Lasalle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 945
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Does the shielded Cat6 need to run all the way from the actuators to the Hemc or can it hook in to a nonshielded junction a few feet away?
Lasalle is offline  
post #8163 of 8267 Old 11-22-2018, 03:29 AM
Member
 
md0u8142's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandel View Post
In the meantime, I went for the Atlona converter too. Until it arrives here, I'm glad to hear that it really works flawlessly!
Good stuff

Bear in mind that the Atlona unit uses phoenix connectors so isn't truly plug and play for the wiring. I had to strip one end off my 3.5mm cable to fit into the Atlona unit to go to the HEMC but that was pretty straightforward.

Come to think of it I could have used an optical to stereo analog convertor too from the Atlona to the HEMC but then that's another box (not sure this would work off the top of my head as the optical on the Atlona will have to output stereo).

Cheers

Ash
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AT-HDR-M2Cs-1600x742.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	2486132  

Cinema Room: Denon AVP-A1HDA, Lumagen Radiance XE, JVC HD100 PJ + Schneider 2.35 Lens, Acer H9600BD 3D PJ, 8' wide 2.35:1 Screen, D-Box, Crowson Transducers, Parasound Halo JC-1, Halo A23 x 2, Chord SPM1200 x 2, B&W 802D + DS8 + SCMS, SVS PB13Ultra x 2, SVS ASEQ, OPPO 93, Nvidia Shield, SKY HD, PS3, XBOX One X, HTPC
md0u8142 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8164 of 8267 Old 11-22-2018, 04:07 AM
Member
 
Sandel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by md0u8142 View Post
Good stuff

Bear in mind that the Atlona unit uses phoenix connectors so isn't truly plug and play for the wiring. I had to strip one end off my 3.5mm cable to fit into the Atlona unit to go to the HEMC but that was pretty straightforward.

Come to think of it I could have used an optical to stereo analog convertor too from the Atlona to the HEMC but then that's another box (not sure this would work off the top of my head as the optical on the Atlona will have to output stereo).

Cheers

Ash
That's not too much of an obstacle, I'd say.
md0u8142 likes this.
Sandel is offline  
post #8165 of 8267 Old 11-23-2018, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
roxiedog13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North 48 °
Posts: 3,955
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2797 Post(s)
Liked: 1485
help making decisions buying D-box

I've been thinking about D-box for some time, may just make that leap with the new theater presently a work in progress . I have pricing on seating ( two rows of three) from Jaymar the pricing for D-box per seat though is quite high( $5600/seat)

and I'm trying to decide if the process is worth it or not . A couple of questions to everyone who may have some experience and first hand knowledge .


First off, is the price worth the experience ? It's a lot of coin , just want to be sure the majority have positive experiences they consider worth the investment .


Is the noise from the actuators bothersome? I'm going to start with one or two chairs at first then add to the other chairs if I feel it's worth the investment, and yes, all chairs will be D-box ready.


Do these units have to be hard wired or work wireless, if both which is best ?

Jamar recommend 2" between seats, is this necessary or overkill?


Are there known issues with certain D-Box components, be that actuators or controllers ?


I know there has been discussion about controllers, what units should I consider, what should I avoid ?


I may go with one or two love seats, is the experience in these less than single seating ?


Any other advise , concerns or issues please feel free to add .


Also if someone is selling equipment please pass on their info , I may consider used if the models still current and in excellent order .

Dedicated Theater: Sony VPL VW5000 , Panamorph DCR & ISCO III L Anamorphic Lens, Draper TecVision XT1800X Screen, 2.40:1 134" diagonal curved , Denon AVR-X8500 , 9.2.6 Atmos, Panasonic UB900, Oppo 203, Lumagen Pro 4440 , (3) Paradigm CI Elite E7-L+C+R fronts, , (2) CI Pro P80-IW Rear, (2) Paradigm SA-ADP In-wall Surround, (6) SIG-1.5R-30 v.3 In-Ceiling, Subwoofers: (2) SVS SB-16 Ultra , (1) SVS PC13-Ultra .
roxiedog13 is offline  
post #8166 of 8267 Old 12-02-2018, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
xhonzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lehi, UT
Posts: 982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I found my jukebox subscription had ended when I tried to enjoy D-Box yesterday. I immediately paid up, and then waited for the library to repopulate. Still waiting a day later.

I know there's no "force the library to update" button like we've been asking for... but any idea what the best state to get this baby to update is?

I left it on, but silent all night. Now leaving it "off". Not sure which is actually best- but is usually eventually updates when it's on and silent.
xhonzi is offline  
post #8167 of 8267 Old 12-02-2018, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drvais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: United States
Posts: 1,669
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhonzi View Post
I found my jukebox subscription had ended when I tried to enjoy D-Box yesterday. I immediately paid up, and then waited for the library to repopulate. Still waiting a day later.



I know there's no "force the library to update" button like we've been asking for... but any idea what the best state to get this baby to update is?



I left it on, but silent all night. Now leaving it "off". Not sure which is actually best- but is usually eventually updates when it's on and silent.


I think you have to leave it on

Hail to the King, baby!
drvais is offline  
post #8168 of 8267 Old 12-02-2018, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
xhonzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lehi, UT
Posts: 982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post
I think you have to leave it on
Generally I thought so too. But an hour or tow of it being off, and it's back on and finally I have my library back.
xhonzi is offline  
post #8169 of 8267 Old 12-02-2018, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drvais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: United States
Posts: 1,669
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhonzi View Post
Generally I thought so too. But an hour or tow of it being off, and it's back on and finally I have my library back.


What a relief! I know the feeling!

Hail to the King, baby!
drvais is offline  
post #8170 of 8267 Old 12-23-2018, 01:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiedog13 View Post
I've been thinking about D-box for some time, may just make that leap with the new theater presently a work in progress . I have pricing on seating ( two rows of three) from Jaymar the pricing for D-box per seat though is quite high( $5600/seat)

and I'm trying to decide if the process is worth it or not . A couple of questions to everyone who may have some experience and first hand knowledge .


First off, is the price worth the experience ? It's a lot of coin , just want to be sure the majority have positive experiences they consider worth the investment .


Is the noise from the actuators bothersome? I'm going to start with one or two chairs at first then add to the other chairs if I feel it's worth the investment, and yes, all chairs will be D-box ready.


Do these units have to be hard wired or work wireless, if both which is best ?

Jamar recommend 2" between seats, is this necessary or overkill?


Are there known issues with certain D-Box components, be that actuators or controllers ?


I know there has been discussion about controllers, what units should I consider, what should I avoid ?


I may go with one or two love seats, is the experience in these less than single seating ?


Any other advise , concerns or issues please feel free to add .


Also if someone is selling equipment please pass on their info , I may consider used if the models still current and in excellent order .
Hi Roxie,

To be honest, when I demoed D-BOX at my dealer I was not convinced however, I did not think that the setup was optimal at the time plus I was going through a fairly complex theatre build so was probably distracted. Anyway, despite this I decided to go for it as I had heard too many people were enjoying the experience.

I also went for Jaymar seats, 5x single & 1x loveseat. In my front row, the 3 single seats are d-box & the 2nd row central loveseat is d-box too. The 2 remaining single seats are d-box ready.

The d-box experience varies from film to film and I guess how it was motion programmed. I think it adds that missing element to watching a film, and when programmed well is a welcomed subtle addition & doesn’t (and shouldn’t) dominate the film. Yes, it is v expensive but works well and I don’t regret it. I would recommend getting reclining footrests & headrests on your Jaymar seats. I agree with Jaymar, 2” gap is required, my dealer wanted them closer but they would have rubbed together. I can’t hear the actuators. My seats are all hard-wired & not wifi. The only negative I have experienced with d-box is that sometimes there are big jolts when it kicks in, not sure why.

Hope this helps.
RickDeckard2019 is offline  
post #8171 of 8267 Old 12-23-2018, 01:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhonzi View Post
I found my jukebox subscription had ended when I tried to enjoy D-Box yesterday. I immediately paid up, and then waited for the library to repopulate. Still waiting a day later.

I know there's no "force the library to update" button like we've been asking for... but any idea what the best state to get this baby to update is?

I left it on, but silent all night. Now leaving it "off". Not sure which is actually best- but is usually eventually updates when it's on and silent.
I would say leave it on. After 72hrs mine didn’t do anything so I turned it off/on and the complete library appeared.
RickDeckard2019 is offline  
post #8172 of 8267 Old 12-24-2018, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,982
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 228
If you have the money it is worth it. I cobbled mine together from various sources...and like you started with all D-Box Ready and eventually got components in all of them...you can search on my posts as I have documented various experiences here. My biggest frustration at this point is I have not figured out how to get audio from any source except my Oppo 203--and they have left the market. I have the pieces but my HEMC is far away from my main rack. I need to dedicate more time to get that figured out as there are too many times I want to use a source besides disc these days.

I have been happy with the quantity and diversity of coding output since they switched to the new subscription model.

I do notice the noise from the actuators very rarely during some scenes with movement but low volume. Not a big deal.

Not sure which controllers you are considering, I thought there was only one choice at this point: HEMC.

I have a love seat, nice to have at least one if you have enough seating. I have 6 seating positions. Not necessary if you have 2 or 3 I don't think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiedog13 View Post
I've been thinking about D-box for some time, may just make that leap with the new theater presently a work in progress . I have pricing on seating ( two rows of three) from Jaymar the pricing for D-box per seat though is quite high( $5600/seat)

and I'm trying to decide if the process is worth it or not . A couple of questions to everyone who may have some experience and first hand knowledge .


First off, is the price worth the experience ? It's a lot of coin , just want to be sure the majority have positive experiences they consider worth the investment .


Is the noise from the actuators bothersome? I'm going to start with one or two chairs at first then add to the other chairs if I feel it's worth the investment, and yes, all chairs will be D-box ready.


Do these units have to be hard wired or work wireless, if both which is best ?

Jamar recommend 2" between seats, is this necessary or overkill?


Are there known issues with certain D-Box components, be that actuators or controllers ?


I know there has been discussion about controllers, what units should I consider, what should I avoid ?


I may go with one or two love seats, is the experience in these less than single seating ?


Any other advise , concerns or issues please feel free to add .


Also if someone is selling equipment please pass on their info , I may consider used if the models still current and in excellent order .

Matt

Last edited by turls; 12-24-2018 at 09:41 AM.
turls is offline  
post #8173 of 8267 Old 12-29-2018, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
roxiedog13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North 48 °
Posts: 3,955
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2797 Post(s)
Liked: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDeckard2019 View Post
Hi Roxie,

To be honest, when I demoed D-BOX at my dealer I was not convinced however, I did not think that the setup was optimal at the time plus I was going through a fairly complex theatre build so was probably distracted. Anyway, despite this I decided to go for it as I had heard too many people were enjoying the experience.

I also went for Jaymar seats, 5x single & 1x loveseat. In my front row, the 3 single seats are d-box & the 2nd row central loveseat is d-box too. The 2 remaining single seats are d-box ready.

The d-box experience varies from film to film and I guess how it was motion programmed. I think it adds that missing element to watching a film, and when programmed well is a welcomed subtle addition & doesn’t (and shouldn’t) dominate the film. Yes, it is v expensive but works well and I don’t regret it. I would recommend getting reclining footrests & headrests on your Jaymar seats. I agree with Jaymar, 2” gap is required, my dealer wanted them closer but they would have rubbed together. I can’t hear the actuators. My seats are all hard-wired & not wifi. The only negative I have experienced with d-box is that sometimes there are big jolts when it kicks in, not sure why.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the feedback, sorry I didn't respond earlier, I'm in the middle of moving into a new home and the holidays combined have kept me busy . I had footrests on the last theater recliners, headrests I did not consider. Will look at the models again to see which ones do have headrests . Will definitely go D-box ready , probably activate two or three seats first and see how that goes . I managed to run conduit for the hardwire before the floor was finished , that was a lucky catch thanks to your comments . I just assumed the system would work wireless, after calling the factory , hardwire is the only option . D-box or not, I'm ready just in case .
thxman likes this.

Dedicated Theater: Sony VPL VW5000 , Panamorph DCR & ISCO III L Anamorphic Lens, Draper TecVision XT1800X Screen, 2.40:1 134" diagonal curved , Denon AVR-X8500 , 9.2.6 Atmos, Panasonic UB900, Oppo 203, Lumagen Pro 4440 , (3) Paradigm CI Elite E7-L+C+R fronts, , (2) CI Pro P80-IW Rear, (2) Paradigm SA-ADP In-wall Surround, (6) SIG-1.5R-30 v.3 In-Ceiling, Subwoofers: (2) SVS SB-16 Ultra , (1) SVS PC13-Ultra .
roxiedog13 is offline  
post #8174 of 8267 Old 12-29-2018, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
roxiedog13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North 48 °
Posts: 3,955
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2797 Post(s)
Liked: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post
If you have the money it is worth it. I cobbled mine together from various sources...and like you started with all D-Box Ready and eventually got components in all of them...you can search on my posts as I have documented various experiences here. My biggest frustration at this point is I have not figured out how to get audio from any source except my Oppo 203--and they have left the market. I have the pieces but my HEMC is far away from my main rack. I need to dedicate more time to get that figured out as there are too many times I want to use a source besides disc these days.

I have been happy with the quantity and diversity of coding output since they switched to the new subscription model.

I do notice the noise from the actuators very rarely during some scenes with movement but low volume. Not a big deal.

Not sure which controllers you are considering, I thought there was only one choice at this point: HEMC.

I have a love seat, nice to have at least one if you have enough seating. I have 6 seating positions. Not necessary if you have 2 or 3 I don't think.

Thanks for the help, still making decisions . I also have a Oppo 203 , at least I'm covered for now, I'm sure more options will happen eventually . I'm certainly picking up D-box ready seats will likely enable two or three of six in the beginning. If I like it, the rest will be enabled as well .

Dedicated Theater: Sony VPL VW5000 , Panamorph DCR & ISCO III L Anamorphic Lens, Draper TecVision XT1800X Screen, 2.40:1 134" diagonal curved , Denon AVR-X8500 , 9.2.6 Atmos, Panasonic UB900, Oppo 203, Lumagen Pro 4440 , (3) Paradigm CI Elite E7-L+C+R fronts, , (2) CI Pro P80-IW Rear, (2) Paradigm SA-ADP In-wall Surround, (6) SIG-1.5R-30 v.3 In-Ceiling, Subwoofers: (2) SVS SB-16 Ultra , (1) SVS PC13-Ultra .
roxiedog13 is offline  
post #8175 of 8267 Old 01-10-2019, 12:52 PM
Member
 
sthompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Question - has anyone had Crowsons and upgraded to D-Box? I've experienced D-Box and I love it but the cost was just a bit much. After all I spent on 8 Crowsons for two chairs, that price point doesn't seem too far away.

Any recommendations/dealers for getting a dbox setup for two chairs or a loveseat?
sthompson is offline  
post #8176 of 8267 Old 01-16-2019, 05:16 AM
Home Theater Enthusiast
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 5,401
Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 662
Can someone please PM me some good D-Box Dealers in the US.

Someone that can offer a discount and not MSRP.

I am going to try to finish my d-box setup but I need the HEMC and KAI Connectors.

Or if you have a HEMC that you are selling, I am willing to listen to your offer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Wisconsin Home Theater Enthusiasts Meet
SOWK Home Theater
SOWK is offline  
post #8177 of 8267 Old 01-24-2019, 09:11 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
how affordable is D-Box these days?
Ive waited years hearing vague rumours of cheap(er) "normal" home user D-Box but nothing ever comes of it?
hiddenemailer is offline  
post #8178 of 8267 Old 01-27-2019, 09:00 AM
Senior Member
 
mrevo2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenemailer View Post
how affordable is D-Box these days?
Ive waited years hearing vague rumours of cheap(er) "normal" home user D-Box but nothing ever comes of it?
X2 on pricing for home D-box setup....
mrevo2u is offline  
post #8179 of 8267 Old 02-09-2019, 11:56 AM
Home Theater Enthusiast
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 5,401
Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 662
Is there no dealers for D-BOX anymore?

Can’t even get a dealer location on the main D-BOX site anymore.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Wisconsin Home Theater Enthusiasts Meet
SOWK Home Theater
SOWK is offline  
post #8180 of 8267 Old 04-25-2019, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,982
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 228
So this thread has died off pretty much...there used to be discussion fairly frequently when new movies were coded. I think it is interesting a movie like "A Star is Born" gets a coding. That's not the type of movie that used to get a code.

As I've said before I've been happy with the level of the coding since they switched to the new subscription model (and I like that they send out e-mail updates), I hope that the lack of activity here doesn't indicate a dying market...

Matt
turls is offline  
post #8181 of 8267 Old 04-25-2019, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,982
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post
Is there no dealers for D-BOX anymore?

Can’t even get a dealer location on the main D-BOX site anymore.

That is very screwy you can't search for dealers any more. They are few and far between.

If you click on the partners link, it just searches on theaters.

Also a troubling sign.

Matt
turls is offline  
post #8182 of 8267 Old 04-25-2019, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drvais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: United States
Posts: 1,669
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post
That is very screwy you can't search for dealers any more. They are few and far between.



If you click on the partners link, it just searches on theaters.



Also a troubling sign.


On the other hand, they’re still releasing codes and we get email updates each week

Hail to the King, baby!
drvais is offline  
post #8183 of 8267 Old 04-26-2019, 07:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Central IL
Posts: 4,982
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post
On the other hand, they’re still releasing codes and we get email updates each week
Correct, I indicated my appreciation of the current service above. The conflicting messages are concerning is all. Seems to be marketing 101 to be able to find dealers on a website.
Michael Osadciw likes this.

Matt
turls is offline  
post #8184 of 8267 Old 05-13-2019, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
roxiedog13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North 48 °
Posts: 3,955
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2797 Post(s)
Liked: 1485
Looking for D-Box actuators

I have finally taken the plunge, ordered six (6) D-box chairs from Jamar, two will be fitted with D-box first, will add to other seats later . I'm on the lookout for additional actuators , should anyone know or have the same systems to sell , please let me know .
turls likes this.

Dedicated Theater: Sony VPL VW5000 , Panamorph DCR & ISCO III L Anamorphic Lens, Draper TecVision XT1800X Screen, 2.40:1 134" diagonal curved , Denon AVR-X8500 , 9.2.6 Atmos, Panasonic UB900, Oppo 203, Lumagen Pro 4440 , (3) Paradigm CI Elite E7-L+C+R fronts, , (2) CI Pro P80-IW Rear, (2) Paradigm SA-ADP In-wall Surround, (6) SIG-1.5R-30 v.3 In-Ceiling, Subwoofers: (2) SVS SB-16 Ultra , (1) SVS PC13-Ultra .
roxiedog13 is offline  
post #8185 of 8267 Old 05-13-2019, 11:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
roxiedog13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North 48 °
Posts: 3,955
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2797 Post(s)
Liked: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post
On the other hand, they’re still releasing codes and we get email updates each week

Well, as long as D-box is strong in theaters this will translate to updated codes for most movies moving forward . Set-ups for home are quite expensive, so I'm not surprised that activity is quite low, only a very small percent will endeavor , even consider a system for home use .

Dedicated Theater: Sony VPL VW5000 , Panamorph DCR & ISCO III L Anamorphic Lens, Draper TecVision XT1800X Screen, 2.40:1 134" diagonal curved , Denon AVR-X8500 , 9.2.6 Atmos, Panasonic UB900, Oppo 203, Lumagen Pro 4440 , (3) Paradigm CI Elite E7-L+C+R fronts, , (2) CI Pro P80-IW Rear, (2) Paradigm SA-ADP In-wall Surround, (6) SIG-1.5R-30 v.3 In-Ceiling, Subwoofers: (2) SVS SB-16 Ultra , (1) SVS PC13-Ultra .
roxiedog13 is offline  
post #8186 of 8267 Old 05-13-2019, 01:52 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post
Is there no dealers for D-BOX anymore?

Can’t even get a dealer location on the main D-BOX site anymore.

Hi Guys,

My name is Laszlo I'm the CTO of moovia company(moovia.de), we produce home cinema seats and sofas. We are official partners and dealers as you can see on the d-box site. Our HQ is in Germany but we have subsidiary in the US also. If you need a quotation just contact to us.
I checked the posts and saw a lots of issue what we have already solved somehow. Let me share my experiences with you guys.

I often experienced that the initial motion code updates was freezing during download, and the D-box support have to check it and restart the download (they need the serial number of the device, which is originally the name of the device what you can see in the app).
I also had the problem that even if the new motion code has downloaded, the HEMC did not recognize the code, the support said maybe the code had some issue during download. Unfortunately the d-box device does not give you big possibility to solve the problems, so most of the times the support can help you.

The Atlona device is good if your amplifier or player does not have analog sound output, but it does not support 3D. My experience was that it decrease the picture from 3D to 2D (Atlona support also confirmed that the device does not support 3D). We have our device which support 3D also.

Guys now I'm the members of this forum feel free to contact to me I try to follow the posts, but I prefer the emails.

Have a great days, L
turls likes this.
Laszlo Nemeth is offline  
post #8187 of 8267 Old 05-14-2019, 03:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
Lasalle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 945
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo Nemeth View Post
Hi Guys,

My name is Laszlo I'm the CTO of moovia company(moovia.de), we produce home cinema seats and sofas. We are official partners and dealers as you can see on the d-box site. Our HQ is in Germany but we have subsidiary in the US also. If you need a quotation just contact to us.
I checked the posts and saw a lots of issue what we have already solved somehow. Let me share my experiences with you guys.

I often experienced that the initial motion code updates was freezing during download, and the D-box support have to check it and restart the download (they need the serial number of the device, which is originally the name of the device what you can see in the app).
I also had the problem that even if the new motion code has downloaded, the HEMC did not recognize the code, the support said maybe the code had some issue during download. Unfortunately the d-box device does not give you big possibility to solve the problems, so most of the times the support can help you.

The Atlona device is good if your amplifier or player does not have analog sound output, but it does not support 3D. My experience was that it decrease the picture from 3D to 2D (Atlona support also confirmed that the device does not support 3D). We have our device which support 3D also.

Guys now I'm the members of this forum feel free to contact to me I try to follow the posts, but I prefer the emails.

Have a great days, L
I have the Atlona working fine on 3D, but my player splits the audio and video on separate HDMI’s. The audio only HDMI (1.4) routes
Through the Atlona, no issues yet, I’ve seen about 20 3D Dbox movies with it so far.
Lasalle is offline  
post #8188 of 8267 Old 05-17-2019, 10:01 AM
Home Theater Enthusiast
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 5,401
Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 662
I actually found a really good D-Box dealer in the US finally.



So if anyone has a hard time finding someone you can just PM me and I'll refer you.



Only took half a year plus... But easy huh... LMAO






I should potentially have D-Box working within 2 to 3 weeks now!!! YEA!
A7mad78 likes this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Wisconsin Home Theater Enthusiasts Meet
SOWK Home Theater
SOWK is offline  
post #8189 of 8267 Old 05-21-2019, 04:26 AM
Home Theater Enthusiast
 
SOWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 5,401
Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 662
Received my D-Box HEMC and three D-Box KAI-1P's yesterday.




Going to try to get it working by Tuesday next week.




What is the most elegant way to convert HDMI (ATMOS and DTSX) to analog 2 channel stereo 3.5mm?


Here are some of the best methods I have though up.



1. Atlona AT-HDR-M2C 4K HDR Multi-Channel Digital to Two-Channel Audio Converter


2. inexpensive Atmos/DTS X receiver with Pre-Outs (setup the receiver in 2 channel mode and use left and right pre-out rca to 3.5mm stereo adapter)



Is there something else cheaper and or easier?
thxman likes this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Wisconsin Home Theater Enthusiasts Meet
SOWK Home Theater
SOWK is offline  
post #8190 of 8267 Old 05-21-2019, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
roxiedog13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North 48 °
Posts: 3,955
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2797 Post(s)
Liked: 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post
Received my D-Box HEMC and three D-Box KAI-1P's yesterday.




Going to try to get it working by Tuesday next week.




What is the most elegant way to convert HDMI (ATMOS and DTSX) to analog 2 channel stereo 3.5mm?


Here are some of the best methods I have though up.



1. Atlona AT-HDR-M2C 4K HDR Multi-Channel Digital to Two-Channel Audio Converter


2. inexpensive Atmos/DTS X receiver with Pre-Outs (setup the receiver in 2 channel mode and use left and right pre-out rca to 3.5mm stereo adapter)



Is there something else cheaper and or easier?

Keeping an eye on this, I'll need to do the same . When you figure it out tag me so I can order the same .
SOWK likes this.

Dedicated Theater: Sony VPL VW5000 , Panamorph DCR & ISCO III L Anamorphic Lens, Draper TecVision XT1800X Screen, 2.40:1 134" diagonal curved , Denon AVR-X8500 , 9.2.6 Atmos, Panasonic UB900, Oppo 203, Lumagen Pro 4440 , (3) Paradigm CI Elite E7-L+C+R fronts, , (2) CI Pro P80-IW Rear, (2) Paradigm SA-ADP In-wall Surround, (6) SIG-1.5R-30 v.3 In-Ceiling, Subwoofers: (2) SVS SB-16 Ultra , (1) SVS PC13-Ultra .
roxiedog13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off