For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 276 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 457Likes

post #8251 of 8285 Old 09-27-2019, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Liked: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by md0u8142 View Post
Hold on......So I can connect my D-box seats to my PC directly and it will work?
Yes, download the software from D-Box website.

Quote:
What will I need on my PC, an will it work with console games at all? I have forza on my xbox but I think I also have the PC version (windows / xbox compatibility).
Definitely only works on the PC and not consoles.

Quote:
My PC is in my home theatre room (actually nearby in the equipment section), will I just need to disconnect the KAI from the HEMC and connect it to my PC? I assume the PC will download the drivers? Do I need to install anything on the PC other than the game?
Yes, unplug the KAI from the back of the HEMC USB port and connect to your PC. Originally, the KAI was only for gaming before the HEMC existed. The old controllers, including the PC controllers, use ethernet ports vs. USB. Then go to D-Box site, under downloads and install "*Motion Core (Drivers, Control Panel, Game Center, Monitors, and Others) – v9.2 – 97.8MB
( 03/22/2019)"

As for a list of games, they have them on their site under "Entertainment -> Gamers Solutions". VR should work as it normally does with games built for VR. You should not need to do anything extra to get D-Box working with VR as long as it is a supported title.
SOWK and md0u8142 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8252 of 8285 Old 09-27-2019, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post
D-Box may have raised prices again recently, just an FYI.
Looks like you're right. Sadly the HEMC is super expensive in comparison to the old MCI-4Ps. Here's hoping to a deal on a demo or used version in the future!

Ps. Does anyone know if were able to download all the codes up until December 31, 2016 with the MCI-4p? At least I can make use of the older movies to demo.
post #8253 of 8285 Old 09-29-2019, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
Yes, download the software from D-Box website.

Definitely only works on the PC and not consoles.

Yes, unplug the KAI from the back of the HEMC USB port and connect to your PC. Originally, the KAI was only for gaming before the HEMC existed. The old controllers, including the PC controllers, use ethernet ports vs. USB. Then go to D-Box site, under downloads and install "*Motion Core (Drivers, Control Panel, Game Center, Monitors, and Others) – v9.2 – 97.8MB
( 03/22/2019)"

As for a list of games, they have them on their site under "Entertainment -> Gamers Solutions". VR should work as it normally does with games built for VR. You should not need to do anything extra to get D-Box working with VR as long as it is a supported title.
Wow thanks Thxman, much appreciated! I will have a go when I next have time and see what games are coded. If it works well in my situation I may have to upgrade my PC for better gaming needs. Currently I have my server PC there, but I could retask/build another one into a combined HTPC/Gaming rig in there too if I get the gaming D-box bug.

Thanks again for the info, I will get on it soon

Cheers

Ash

Cinema Room: Denon AVP-A1HDA, Lumagen Radiance XE, JVC HD100 PJ + Schneider 2.35 Lens, Acer H9600BD 3D PJ, 8' wide 2.35:1 Screen, D-Box, Crowson Transducers, Parasound Halo JC-1, Halo A23 x 2, Chord SPM1200 x 2, B&W 802D + DS8 + SCMS, SVS PB13Ultra x 2, SVS ASEQ, OPPO 93, Nvidia Shield, SKY HD, PS3, XBOX One X, HTPC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8254 of 8285 Old 10-15-2019, 11:30 AM

Hey guys,

So I bit the bullet on the HEMC and will finally have post-2016 motion codes.

Now my question for our fellow enthusiasts is which D-Box movies are demo worthy?

I'm looking to try out some solid action/adventure movies and some more subtle ones. Previously my favourites were Pacific Rim, Saving Private Ryan and Need for Speed.

You're suggestions are sincerely appreciated. Thanks!
post #8255 of 8285 Old 10-15-2019, 11:36 AM
Home Theater Enthusiast

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 1534 Post(s)
Liked: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starstrike View Post
Hey guys,

Now my question for our fellow enthusiasts is which D-Box movies are demo worthy?

I'm looking to try out some solid action/adventure movies and some more subtle ones. Previously my favourites were Pacific Rim, Saving Private Ryan and Need for Speed.

John Wick 3 scene at the beginning in the knife fight is very entertaining.

Ready Player one

Unforgiven Opening Flight scene

Fury

So many films are enhanced by D-Box.
thxman likes this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Wisconsin Home Theater Enthusiasts Meet
SOWK Home Theater
post #8256 of 8285 Old 10-18-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Hey guys,

John Wick 3 scene at the beginning in the knife fight is very entertaining.

Ready Player one

Unforgiven Opening Flight scene

Fury

So many films are enhanced by D-Box.
Thanks a bunch for the recommendations! I'll give them a shot as soon as I get the system to work. Having some troubles at the moment. The HEMC refuses to recognize a signal. Perhaps I'm doing it incorrectly, but I activated Zone 2 on my receiver and connected it via 3.5mm stereo input. All I get is "Silence detected" on the HEMC app. Can't seem to figure it out🧐🤷‍♂️
post #8257 of 8285 Old 10-19-2019, 06:21 AM
Home Theater Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks a bunch for the recommendations! I'll give them a shot as soon as I get the system to work. Having some troubles at the moment. The HEMC refuses to recognize a signal. Perhaps I'm doing it incorrectly, but I activated Zone 2 on my receiver and connected it via 3.5mm stereo input. All I get is "Silence detected" on the HEMC app. Can't seem to figure it out🧐🤷‍♂️
What processor do you have?

Also

Is your zone two out 3.5mm?

Or

Stereo RCA/XLR?

Also I know some zone 2’s are extremely limited.

Here is from an Onkyo receiver manual:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A0A95758-F618-4A5F-9E9F-FEB7AFBB6FFF.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	322.7 KB
ID:	2629184  

SOWK Home Theater

Last edited by SOWK; 10-19-2019 at 06:26 AM.
post #8258 of 8285 Old 10-19-2019, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Liked: 718
Quote:
Try connecting headphones to this output to see if there is sound. Make sure you hear dialog as well as music/effects.
post #8259 of 8285 Old 10-19-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:

What processor do you have?

Also

Is your zone two out 3.5mm?

Or

Stereo RCA/XLR?

Also I know some zone 2’️s are extremely limited.

Here is from an Onkyo receiver manual:
I'm using a Marantz SR6013, so it has an RCA output. I used a RCA to 3.5mm adapter to plug into the D-Box HEMC.
If that doesn't work, I see there's an HDMI input? Looks like I'll need an HDMI extractor for it to work (if the RCA to 3.5mm doesn't work).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
Try connecting headphones to this output to see if there is sound. Make sure you hear dialog as well as music/effects.
I didn't think about that; that's a great idea to test. I'll try and see if I can find a pair of headphones to test with.
post #8260 of 8285 Old 10-19-2019, 11:05 AM
Home Theater Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm using a Marantz SR6013, so it has an RCA output. I used a RCA to 3.5mm adapter to plug into the D-Box HEMC.
If that doesn't work, I see there's an HDMI input? Looks like I'll need an HDMI extractor for it to work (if the RCA to 3.5mm doesn't work).

I didn't think about that; that's a great idea to test. I'll try and see if I can find a pair of headphones to test with.
That is an HDMI output on the HEMC

It is a embedded pc and the task bar is just hidden on the bottom of the screen. You can plug a keyboard and mouse in and connect it to a display. Although there is nothing to really play with on it.

SOWK Home Theater
post #8261 of 8285 Old 10-20-2019, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Would any owners be so kind and willing to post a detailed video of their D-BOX setup? Maybe showing how you connect the chairs to your new HEMC? How a boot up of a new movie looks- chairs in action?

There are some short videos on YouTube but nothing that really shows off the system. Do you guys enjoy D-box? Has the Company continued to give good support and release new titles? Any advice for a noob looking to take the plunge and buy one of these things would be amazing. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8262 of 8285 Old 10-20-2019, 08:31 PM
Home Theater Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by enovison View Post
Would any owners be so kind and willing to post a detailed video of their D-BOX setup? Maybe showing how you connect the chairs to your new HEMC? How a boot up of a new movie looks- chairs in action?

There are some short videos on YouTube but nothing that really shows off the system. Do you guys enjoy D-box? Has the Company continued to give good support and release new titles? Any advice for a noob looking to take the plunge and buy one of these things would be amazing. Thanks!

I absolutely love D-Box and so does everyone I have over that tries it.

Setup can be a pain, but there are easy ways to go about it as well.

D-Box updates about three movies a week every Friday.

Waiting a week or two to watch a movie is not the end of the world to me, but I for sure would not want to watch without D-BOX in my own setup.

As for setup:

I might be able to make a video some day.

SOWK Home Theater
post #8263 of 8285 Old 10-20-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I absolutely love D-Box and so does everyone I have over that tries it.

Setup can be a pain, but there are easy ways to go about it as well.

D-Box updates about three movies a week every Friday.

Waiting a week or two to watch a movie is not the end of the world to me, but I for sure would not want to watch without D-BOX in my own setup.

As for setup:

I might be able to make a video some day.

Thanks for the feedback! It looks amazing. A video would be great

post #8264 of 8285 Old 10-21-2019, 06:30 AM
Home Theater Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback! It looks amazing. A video would be great

I know it is not a video, but this should still explain the setup

First picture is the General overview
2nd Picture is from the D-Box HEMC manual on how to get the movie audio into the 3.5mm Stereo that the D-Box HEMC will accept.

There are additional methods as well to get the audio into the D-Box HEMC.

The simplest method is to plug a microphone in to the 3.5mm Stereo jack and place the mic in the room where the movie is playing. The D-Box HEMC listens for the movie and the location in the movie then syncs the motion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 2.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	2630090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	2630092  

SOWK Home Theater
post #8265 of 8285 Old 10-21-2019, 02:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Videos don’t do it justice. Still love my system. Had it for nearly a decade now.

Hail to the King, baby!
post #8266 of 8285 Old 10-21-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post
Videos don’t do it justice. Still love my system. Had it for nearly a decade now.

Anywhere near the NY/NJ area by any chance?!? What’s your setup?

post #8267 of 8285 Old 10-21-2019, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Anywhere near the NY/NJ area by any chance?!? What’s your setup?

Virginia. Fairly recent listing here http://web.archive.org/web/201701031...om/Cinema.html

Hail to the King, baby!
post #8268 of 8285 Old 10-24-2019, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

Long time listener, first time caller

Has anyone got any manuals for the motion controllers 340c or Series IV? can't seem to find them anywhere

Thanks in advance

Russ
post #8269 of 8285 Old 10-28-2019, 02:31 PM

Hi all, just thought I would mention a surprising occurrence I had with D-Box the other night.

I was watching an episode of Stranger Things (season 3) which isn't encoded for D-Box, so obviously my seats were silent. I keep my HEMC connected up all the time, and the seats 'on' so to speak.

In one scene where some characters are in a cinema, they are watching Back to the Future. Suddenly my seats come alive and are synced to the film they are watching! It was the scene in BTTF where they test the DeLorean out for the first time in the car park so the effects were obviously synced to the events on the screen that the characters were watching (which to be honest scared the hell out of me as I certainly wasn't expecting my seats to suddenly fire up and shake me!).

Only stayed synced for a minute or so but was surprised the HEMC picked it up. It was pretty quiet in the scene otherwise so I assume the HEMC thought I had put on BTTF

Anyone else had this happen with other films?

Cheers

Ash

Cinema Room: Denon AVP-A1HDA, Lumagen Radiance XE, JVC HD100 PJ + Schneider 2.35 Lens, Acer H9600BD 3D PJ, 8' wide 2.35:1 Screen, D-Box, Crowson Transducers, Parasound Halo JC-1, Halo A23 x 2, Chord SPM1200 x 2, B&W 802D + DS8 + SCMS, SVS PB13Ultra x 2, SVS ASEQ, OPPO 93, Nvidia Shield, SKY HD, PS3, XBOX One X, HTPC
post #8270 of 8285 Old 10-28-2019, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi all, just thought I would mention a surprising occurrence I had with D-Box the other night.

I was watching an episode of Stranger Things (season 3) which isn't encoded for D-Box, so obviously my seats were silent. I keep my HEMC connected up all the time, and the seats 'on' so to speak.

In one scene where some characters are in a cinema, they are watching Back to the Future. Suddenly my seats come alive and are synced to the film they are watching! It was the scene in BTTF where they test the DeLorean out for the first time in the car park so the effects were obviously synced to the events on the screen that the characters were watching (which to be honest scared the hell out of me as I certainly wasn't expecting my seats to suddenly fire up and shake me!).

Only stayed synced for a minute or so but was surprised the HEMC picked it up. It was pretty quiet in the scene otherwise so I assume the HEMC thought I had put on BTTF

Cheers

Ash

Would recommend keeping your seats unplugged until you actually want to use them. A few years ago I started keeping them plugged in all the time and after about 6-8 months one of my actuators went out. Not 100% sure if it was related, but I tend to think it had an effect.

Hail to the King, baby!
post #8271 of 8285 Old 10-28-2019, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Cheers

Ash

Cool find, though!
md0u8142 likes this.

Hail to the King, baby!
post #8272 of 8285 Old 10-28-2019, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:

Cheers

Ash
That can also happen when listening to music. Try Sweet Home Alabama , if I remember correctly it activates the Texas Chainsaw motion codes.
md0u8142 likes this.
post #8273 of 8285 Old 10-28-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post
Would recommend keeping your seats unplugged until you actually want to use them. A few years ago I started keeping them plugged in all the time and after about 6-8 months one of my actuators went out. Not 100% sure if it was related, but I tend to think it had an effect.
Hmmm good point, didn't really think it would be a problem, but I suppose they are powered up constantly if I keep them plugged in.

I do have a problem with one of my seats in that if I plug in one side (L and R have separate power supplies that connect to the actuators on their respective side) it trips my main RCD so there is a short or problem somewhere. It has to be either the psu box or one of the actuators that connects to it. I have taken them out and sent them to an electronics repair guy but haven't heard back yet. They are 110/120V versions running on an inverter thingy.

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing the problem? Really don't want to have to buy a replacement psu or an actual actuator as that could be expensive if it's just a cheap component failure that can be fixed.

Cheers

Ash

post #8274 of 8285 Old 10-28-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasalle View Post
That can also happen when listening to music. Try Sweet Home Alabama , if I remember correctly it activates the Texas Chainsaw motion codes.
Haha now that would be a shock

post #8275 of 8285 Old 10-28-2019, 06:14 PM

Anyone have any luck/success reinforcing their existing chairs and adding the actuators or is it a recipe for disaster not to use the d-box chairs?? I know the D-BOX platform is better in this case but would love to get some feedback and advice for re-enforcing chairs if possible.

post #8276 of 8285 Old 10-29-2019, 07:35 AM
Home Theater Enthusiast

Quote:
Anyone have any luck/success reinforcing their existing chairs and adding the actuators or is it a recipe for disaster not to use the d-box chairs?? I know the D-BOX platform is better in this case but would love to get some feedback and advice for re-enforcing chairs if possible.

I would think you would want to install an addition layer of wood where ever you can, I was lucky enough to already have a Jaymar "D-Box" Ready seat that I installed the SRP-230 into. It was already double wood reinforced designed though.

If you look you closely you can see they doubled up the wood essentially everywhere.

SOWK Home Theater
post #8277 of 8285 Old 10-29-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
I would think you would want to install an addition layer of wood where ever you can, I was lucky enough to already have a Jaymar "D-Box" Ready seat that I installed the SRP-230 into. It was already double wood reinforced designed though.

If you look you closely you can see they doubled up the wood essentially everywhere.

Yea that thing is built like a tank. Do you think worst case is the fear of chair breakage? Or actuator breakage? Maybe both?

post #8278 of 8285 Old 10-29-2019, 08:19 AM
Home Theater Enthusiast

Quote:
Yea that thing is built like a tank. Do you think worst case is the fear of chair breakage? Or actuator breakage? Maybe both?

Maybe chair, but I really don’t know tbh.

SOWK Home Theater
post #8279 of 8285 Old 10-30-2019, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi Everyone,

I am missing some of the Aluminium cups that you sit the Actuators in, does anyone know a good alternative replacement for them?

Thanks for any help in advance

Russ
post #8280 of 8285 Old 10-30-2019, 08:16 PM
Home Theater Enthusiast

PM sent

SOWK Home Theater