Official JTR speaker thread - Page 1332 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10997Likes

post #39931 of 39937 Old 03-25-2020, 04:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3798 Post(s)
Liked: 5240
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh7 View Post
Jeff made me a custom 210 RM center at only 10 1/4" tall. He basically took the standard 10" drivers and designed a cabinet that would allow them to extend all the way to the outer edge of the cabinet (I had a height restriction and did not want to raise my screen at all). I just re-ran audessey and played the beginning of the Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Rings with Galadriel. That monologue is one of my favorite center channel tests. Ok - she sounds like she is in the room with me! Just uber clear sound stage. Her voice oozes into the front left and right speakers and I can't tell you what a difference it is to have the same ultra high end compression driver across the front sound stage. Just crazy clear. Really is a night and day upgrade over my old Definitive setup. Also just put on the beginning of Transformers to here Optimus Prime and the thing that stood out the most was the very beginning when the Dreamworks fishing pole bobber hits the water with a crazy detailed and nuanced "curplop" - I know that sounds funny but I have never heard or paid any mind to that. I think it bodes well for the amount of additional detail and clarity I hope to hear as I listen more. And the depth and presence of his voice is insane. Crazy great upgrade! Can't wait to have more time to spend with it.

Pics attached with my new front sound stage (215 RT's and the custom 210 RM center).
I know!!! Now I pay more attention to the vocals.

I hear voices that I have never heard before... Ummm... Wait, that sounds weird... Argh, WTH...

The custom 210RM looks wicked! The woofer size to height (when laid down) ratio is awesome! I think many will appreciate this!

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Noesis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39932 of 39937 Old 03-25-2020, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Liked: 1140
Quote:
Jeff made me a custom 210 RM center at only 10 1/4" tall. He basically took the standard 10" drivers and designed a cabinet that would allow them to extend all the way to the outer edge of the cabinet (I had a height restriction and did not want to raise my screen at all). I just re-ran audessey and played the beginning of the Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Rings with Galadriel. That monologue is one of my favorite center channel tests. Ok - she sounds like she is in the room with me! Just uber clear sound stage. Her voice oozes into the front left and right speakers and I can't tell you what a difference it is to have the same ultra high end compression driver across the front sound stage. Just crazy clear. Really is a night and day upgrade over my old Definitive setup. Also just put on the beginning of Transformers to here Optimus Prime and the thing that stood out the most was the very beginning when the Dreamworks fishing pole bobber hits the water with a crazy detailed and nuanced "curplop" - I know that sounds funny but I have never heard or paid any mind to that. I think it bodes well for the amount of additional detail and clarity I hope to hear as I listen more. And the depth and presence of his voice is insane. Crazy great upgrade! Can't wait to have more time to spend with it.

Pics attached with my new front sound stage (215 RT's and the custom 210 RM center).
Thats a slick looking custom job he did Very nice.
chucky7, yosh7 and mg316 like this.

JTR/JBL/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Monoprice/Silver Ticket/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest/Harrison Labs/Roku
post #39933 of 39937 Old 03-26-2020, 06:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
I know!!! Now I pay more attention to the vocals.

I hear voices that I have never heard before... Ummm... Wait, that sounds weird... Argh, WTH...

The custom 210RM looks wicked! The woofer size to height (when laid down) ratio is awesome! I think many will appreciate this!
Man, the 215 towers make my 133” diag screen look so small in a picture.

Here is something interesting and not sure if anyone with a stock 210 RM can comment on. I know you can’t put a lot of trust in audessey, but it set my new center to full range! I imagine this may be room dependent as Jeff said it would have the same capability as the stock 210 RM. I am still crossing at 60 or above but interesting there might be more oomph in this little tank of a speaker than I anticipated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39934 of 39937 Old 03-26-2020, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Quoted: 3798 Post(s)
Liked: 5240
Quote:
Here is something interesting and not sure if anyone with a stock 210 RM can comment on. I know you can’t put a lot of trust in audessey, but it set my new center to full range! I imagine this may be room dependent as Jeff said it would have the same capability as the stock 210 RM. I am still crossing at 60 or above but interesting there might be more oomph in this little tank of a speaker than I anticipated.
Audy set my 212HTs to large as well and recommended a 40Hz crossover. I changed that to small and 80Hz.

I was using Polk LSiM 703s and Jamo C103s which are -3dB rated down to 50 and 45Hz respectively. When I switched over to the 212HTs running full range, I did not detect any 'loss' in the bottom end.
yosh7 and tipsymcstaggers like this.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Noesis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3

Last edited by chucky7; 03-27-2020 at 12:26 PM.
post #39935 of 39937 Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 284
I finally finished my all JTR dedicated theater and listening room, just in time for quarantine!

The Little Black Box Theater - finished!

Spoiler: while it may not be a SOWK level room, it's by far the best sounding (and looking) room I've ever had and literally a dream come true. The speakers are a huge part of that, so thank you Jeff, and thank you everyone at AVS whose advice has helped make this a reality!

chucky7, xcjago, Ph8te and 3 others like this.

Last edited by tebling; Yesterday at 09:49 PM.
post #39936 of 39937 Old Yesterday, 11:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebling View Post
I finally finished my all JTR dedicated theater and listening room, just in time for quarantine!

The Little Black Box Theater - finished!

Spoiler: while it may not be a SOWK level room, it's by far the best sounding (and looking) room I've ever had and literally a dream come true. The speakers are a huge part of that, so thank you Jeff, and thank you everyone at AVS whose advice has helped make this a reality!

It looks like you mated sealed sub with ported speakers...just sayin
post #39937 of 39937 Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 2203 Post(s)
Liked: 2417
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy View Post
It looks like you mated sealed sub with ported speakers...just sayin
And what is wrong with that?
Sponsored Links