Official JTR speaker thread - Page 1346 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11753Likes

post #40351 of 40446 Old 06-20-2020, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by nb67 View Post
Congrats mate, I bet those sound ridiculous with the quad LMS ultras.
Thanks man!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbeef View Post
Congrats man! Did you finally get the 1099’s sold!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Still have the 1099’s actually. I have an offer on them I’m looking into. Just kind of depends on what shipping costs will be. I’m thinking of just using them as surrounds if they don’t sell. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by leehan76 View Post
Looks amazing. Which speakers from JTR are those?
It’s my understanding they were a custom built set by Jeff. Essentially a sealed version of today’s 212HTR’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcut29 View Post
To me they look like the older Noesis 212-LP which were sealed.
Pretty much. But I think there were some slight differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
It's pretty crazy eh? You definitely get the "this is what I've been missing" type of feeling.
Yeah it’s pretty wild bro. The dynamics are something you just have to experience. Reading about it doesn’t do it justice. lol
chucky7, N8DOGG, hotbeef and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40352 of 40446 Old 06-20-2020, 04:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post
Thanks man!!!

Thanks! Still have the 1099’s actually. I have an offer on them I’m looking into. Just kind of depends on what shipping costs will be. I’m thinking of just using them as surrounds if they don’t sell. lol

It’s my understanding they were a custom built set by Jeff. Essentially a sealed version of today’s 212HTR’s

Pretty much. But I think there were some slight differences.

Yeah it’s pretty wild bro. The dynamics are something you just have to experience. Reading about it doesn’t do it justice. lol
Now you know! Ha! I think I text you to watch Den of Thieves. Or any of the Wick movies...you will finally hear gunshots
chucky7 likes this.

Speakers: JTR 212RTs - JTR 210RM - JTR 110HTs (x4)
Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik G25HPSE
Audio Gear: Marantz 8805 - Krell Chorus 5200 + D-Sonic M3a-800S - BS Node 2i - Oppo 203
TV: LG 65 OLED
Bedroom System: ML Ethos - ML Motion 30 - Samsung Q8 LED
post #40353 of 40446 Old 06-22-2020, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
I just ran Punisher through my system. The low bass starts with less than a minute to go and is a descending sound from 25 Hz down to ~8 Hz.

Wow! I knew it was low, but that's awesome to see. Always glad to see musical content with ULF to put these subs to work. It also kinda confirms what I was hearing(or not hearing) with the 4 12 inch Infinity subs in my bedroom. I could hear it, but barely, and it just didn't sound the same. I'm guessing I was probably hearing the 20-25Hz part, but the ULF stuff was missing, and that's why it sounded(and felt) so much better with the S2s in the main room. The frequency is so low(and slow) that it's like you can feel the individual crests and troughs of the wave passing through your body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40354 of 40446 Old 06-26-2020, 09:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 339 Post(s)
Quoted: 3941 Post(s)
Liked: 5614
Playing the hottest song right now... Yi Jian Mei

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Noesis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

Last edited by chucky7; 06-26-2020 at 10:38 PM.
post #40355 of 40446 Old 06-29-2020, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Wooohoo!! Finally joined the JTR family! These truly are the real deal. Resolution is crazy good. Dynamics and headroom for days!! As a side note to anyone looking at JTR, make sure the rest of your system (I.E. subs, surrounds, Atmos, etc) can keep up! They’ll definitely be exposed if they can’t.

Which model are these?

post #40356 of 40446 Old 06-29-2020, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Thanks man!!!

how would you compare them to the 1099?
post #40357 of 40446 Old 06-29-2020, 10:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerboi1702 View Post
Which model are these?

It’s my understanding that these were a custom design. Something along the lines of the 212HT-lp. They’re essentially a sealed version of today’s 212HTR’s is another way to put it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogaboga View Post
how would you compare them to the 1099?
They have a very similar sound to each other in my opinion. But the JTR’s definitely turned things up a few notches. The detail and resolution of the CD was probably the biggest difference for me. Overall I feel like they have more in common than they are different. Also we can’t forget about the price differences involved here as well. Can’t go wrong with either one.
chucky7 and bogaboga like this.
post #40358 of 40446 Old 06-30-2020, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Has anyone heard from Jeff lately? I’ve tried email, calling and texting but haven’t been able to reach him. I’m sure he’s still slammed, I was just trying to check status since I’m right at the two months from order time so I’m getting super antsy to play with my new toys!

post #40359 of 40446 Old 06-30-2020, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Has anyone heard from Jeff lately? I’ve tried email, calling and texting but haven’t been able to reach him. I’m sure he’s still slammed, I was just trying to check status since I’m right at the two months from order time so I’m getting super antsy to play with my new toys!
Same boat - haven't heard anything back for a couple of weeks regarding an April order. Hearing all of the great things about Jeff's floorstanding speakers has me hyped so I'm hoping they ship soon! Then I can divert my attention to finding someone to help me get those big boys into my house haha.

Today is the last day of the Hi Fi Summit so maybe that's been a factor.
hotbeef, drummerboi1702 and samorf like this.
post #40360 of 40446 Old 06-30-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeDumblione View Post
Same boat - haven't heard anything back for a couple of weeks regarding an April order. Hearing all of the great things about Jeff's floorstanding speakers has me hyped so I'm hoping they ship soon! Then I can divert my attention to finding someone to help me get those big boys into my house haha.

Today is the last day of the Hi Fi Summit so maybe that's been a factor.

Oh damn, you are ahead of me then! I ordered start of May

samorf and GeorgeDumblione like this.
post #40361 of 40446 Old 06-30-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Oh damn, you are ahead of me then! I ordered start of May
Haha good news for me. I wonder if I'm next in line then? My order date was 4.29.

If I hear anything about my order shipping I'll drop a note here. I wonder if anyone else is ahead of me.
hotbeef and samorf like this.
post #40362 of 40446 Old 06-30-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Haha good news for me. I wonder if I'm next in line then? My order date was 4.29.

If I hear anything about my order shipping I'll drop a note here. I wonder if anyone else is ahead of me.

Cool, I’ll do the same. I think I talked to him about ordering around May 1st and he sent my invoice around may 2-3rd and I paid in full. Luckily I still have a full system hooked up so I’m not without entertainment or anything, just itching to finally get these things!

samorf likes this.
post #40363 of 40446 Old 06-30-2020, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:

I am in the same boat. My order was made on 4.20. Jeff told me the middle of June, and then the end of the month, which is today. I asked him today for an update. He is usually pretty quick about messaging me back.

My friend @Ethos4Lyfe ordered his 110HTs after me. He has received his order. Jeff told him that his cabinet maker makes the smaller cabinets first. I ordered 212RTs (7 of them) for reference.

I finished my room and all I need is the JTRs. I am so excited. I will let you know if I get an update too!
llang269 likes this.
post #40364 of 40446 Old 06-30-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samorf View Post
I am in the same boat. My order was made on 4.20. Jeff told me the middle of June, and then the end of the month, which is today. I asked him today for an update. He is usually pretty quick about messaging me back.

My friend @Ethos4Lyfe ordered his 110HTs after me. He has received his order. Jeff told him that his cabinet maker makes the smaller cabinets first. I ordered 212RTs (7 of them) for reference.

I finished my room and all I need is the JTRs. I am so excited. I will let you know if I get an update too!

Damn, that’s going to be a hell of a setup! Shoot, at this point I’m hoping everything is ok with him if we haven’t heard from him.

post #40365 of 40446 Old 06-30-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Damn, that’s going to be a hell of a setup! Shoot, at this point I’m hoping everything is ok with him if we haven’t heard from him.
I was thinking the same thing about the HiFi Summit and a lot of backorders. This Jeff is just too popular.
post #40366 of 40446 Old 06-30-2020, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:

Ordered some on 4-14
post #40367 of 40446 Old 07-01-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:

7 212rt's? Holy hell lol - that sounds amazing.

I also redid my entire setup - I'm a 2-channel person myself. So I sold a lot of old gear and did some trading and have ended up with a McIntosh C2600, MC452, and an L/R dual RS2's. Now I'm waiting on 212RT's, and a 3rd RS2 which I'm going to use in the corner and fire up for gaming and movies.

I'm down to my last pair of speakers (Forte III's) which will likely be sold when I receive my order.

One thing about the JTR stuff is the more I learn, the more I realize how much most speaker companies cheap out on stuff you don't see, like the quality of the cabinet/crossover, etc. Forte III's are pretty good, but especially in some of the other stuff I've owned (looking at you RF-7 III's) I've become more familiar with the frequency response graphs and see some of the midrange holes and overblown upper midrange and treble. As an example, there is a 7db suckout on the RF-7 III's right around 1khz. What's up with that? And you can REALLY hear it in voices once you know it's there. The more research I do the more I realize how good of a decision it is to move to the 212's. I'm very anxious to hear how much better they are, especially after the fun I've been having with the dual RS2's.

I have a stack of games I've been holding off on playing so I hope to hear back soon! In the meantime the wait gave me time to get everything else sold haha.
hotbeef likes this.

Last edited by GeorgeDumblione; 07-01-2020 at 07:22 AM.
post #40368 of 40446 Old 07-01-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
7 212rt's? Holy hell lol - that sounds amazing.

I also redid my entire setup - I'm a 2-channel person myself. So I sold a lot of old gear and did some trading and have ended up with a McIntosh C2600, MC452, and an L/R dual RS2's. Now I'm waiting on 212RT's, and a 3rd RS2 which I'm going to use in the corner and fire up for gaming and movies.

I'm down to my last pair of speakers (Forte III's) which will likely be sold when I receive my order.

One thing about the JTR stuff is the more I learn, the more I realize how much most speaker companies cheap out on stuff you don't see, like the quality of the cabinet/crossover, etc. Forte III's are pretty good, but especially in some of the other stuff I've owned (looking at you RF-7 III's) I've become more familiar with the frequency response graphs and see some of the midrange holes and overblown upper midrange and treble. As an example, there is a 7db suckout on the RF-7 III's right around 1khz. What's up with that? And you can REALLY hear it in voices once you know it's there. The more research I do the more I realize how good of a decision it is to move to the 212's. I'm very anxious to hear how much better they are, especially after the fun I've been having with the dual RS2's.

I have a stack of games I've been holding off on playing so I hope to hear back soon! In the meantime the wait gave me time to get everything else sold haha.

RF-7III/RC-64III is exactly what I’m coming from so that makes me super excited to hear! I’ve always loved my 7III’s but I’m ready to level up

shivaji likes this.
post #40369 of 40446 Old 07-01-2020, 07:37 AM

Quote:
RF-7III/RC-64III is exactly what I’m coming from so that makes me super excited to hear! I’ve always loved my 7III’s but I’m ready to level up

Nice man - yeah I owned the RF-7 III's and also the Forte III's, and one day I swapped them and used the Forte III's for some gaming and immediately could hear a massive increase in upper mid bass/lower midrange presence and fullness with sound effects in Doom. Then I A/B'ed some music and found the same thing - that's when I started doing more research and found the midrange V in RF-7 III measurements. I thought to myself - if I could combine the dynamics and presence of the RF-7 III's with the thick middleband of the Forte III, I'd have my perfect speaker. Based on everything I seen and heard, that is accomplished with the JTR's.

Here's the frequency graph I'm referring to with the RF-7 III's, and you can REALLY hear it. EQ doesn't fix it. When you get your 212's, if you still have your RF-7 III's do an A/B test on voices and leave your thoughts if you think of it. :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	2751532  
hotbeef, samorf and bogaboga like this.
post #40370 of 40446 Old 07-01-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Nice man - yeah I owned the RF-7 III's and also the Forte III's, and one day I swapped them and used the Forte III's for some gaming and immediately could hear a massive increase in upper mid bass/lower midrange presence and fullness with sound effects in Doom. Then I A/B'ed some music and found the same thing - that's when I started doing more research and found the midrange V in RF-7 III measurements. I thought to myself - if I could combine the dynamics and presence of the RF-7 III's with the thick middleband of the Forte III, I'd have my perfect speaker. Based on everything I seen and heard, that is accomplished with the JTR's.

Here's the frequency graph I'm referring to with the RF-7 III's, and you can REALLY hear it. EQ doesn't fix it. When you get your 212's, if you still have your RF-7 III's do an A/B test on voices and leave your thoughts if you think of it. :
klipsch numbers are misleading for example the RF-7 III is rated sensitivity is 100 dB @ 2.83V / 1M but reviewers found it to be around 92.8dB, maybe they use in room sensitivity but that isn't the standard in the industry so you can't compare it to other speakers.

also you can see from the graph that the speaker isn't "32-25kHz +/- 3db"
post #40371 of 40446 Old 07-01-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
klipsch numbers are misleading for example the RF-7 III is rated sensitivity is 100 dB @ 2.83V / 1M but reviewers found it to be around 92.8dB, maybe they use in room sensitivity but that isn't the standard in the industry so you can't compare it to other speakers.

also you can see from the graph that the speaker isn't "32-25kHz +/- 3db"
Yep they definitely fudge their numbers a lot these days. Sadly, it seems like they're more in the business of marketing now than selling great audio gear. That -7db suckout on the RF-7 III is also present on some of their other speakers. Unforgivable, in my opinion.
BufordTJustice likes this.
post #40372 of 40446 Old 07-02-2020, 09:38 AM

I heard from Jeff. He said he has all the components ready to go but is waiting on the cabinets. He said he would reach out to them and let me know. 🤞
post #40373 of 40446 Old 07-02-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
I heard from Jeff. He said he has all the components ready to go but is waiting on the cabinets. He said he would reach out to them and let me know.

My buddy just heard on his sub and sounds like it’s being finished up/maybe shipping today. Hopefully our speakers aren’t too far behind

post #40374 of 40446 Old 07-02-2020, 09:58 AM

Good news all around. I was wondering if the delay was component-related - hopefully the cabinet shop delivers soon on the 212's. Glad things seem to be on the move.
hotbeef and samorf like this.
post #40375 of 40446 Old 07-02-2020, 10:05 AM

Official JTR speaker thread

Quote:
Good news all around. I was wondering if the delay was component-related - hopefully the cabinet shop delivers soon on the 212's. Glad things seem to be on the move.

210’s for me! RT’s and RM but agree, fingers crossed we all have our stuff soon!

samorf likes this.
post #40376 of 40446 Old 07-02-2020, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I'm also in the queue and playing the waiting game!

My order is for:-
- 3 x 212RT
- 4 x 110HT
- 2 x Cap 4000ULF-TL

I originally placed my order April 10th, with an expected ship date of June 5th.

By the beginning of May, Covid-19 shut down the cabinet maker and the date got pushed to end of June. (I also added another sub to my order and changed 210RTs to the 212RTs!).

I spoke to Jeff last week and he said that he was still trying to get my speakers built by the end of June. I'm sure he is getting calls and emails from us all eagerly awaiting our new toys, so I'm trying not to bother him.

Hopefully very soon!!!
chucky7, tebling, hotbeef and 2 others like this.

Last edited by rushforth; 07-02-2020 at 09:08 PM. Reason: didn't finish typing
post #40377 of 40446 Old 07-02-2020, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushforth View Post
I'm also in the queue and playing the waiting game!

My order is for:-
- 3 x 212RT
- 4 x 110HT
- 2 x Cap 4000ULF-TL

I originally placed my order April 10th, with an expected ship date of June 5th.

By the beginning of May, Covid-19 shut down the cabinet maker and the date got pushed to end of June. (I also added another sub to my order and changed 210RTs to the 212RTs!).

I spoke to Jeff last week and he said that he was still trying to get my speakers built by the end of June. I'm sure he is getting calls and emails from us all eagerly awaiting our new toys, so I'm trying not to bother him.

Hopefully very soon!!!

Damn, that’s a stacked order! I really hope I don’t regret not going for the 212RT’s but I’m sure the 210’s are better for my current room. I’m the same way, I don’t want to bug him but I am very antsy to play with the new gear!

drummerboi1702 and samorf like this.
post #40378 of 40446 Old 07-02-2020, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Damn, that’s a stacked order! I really hope I don’t regret not going for the 212RT’s but I’m sure the 210’s are better for my current room. I’m the same way, I don’t want to bug him but I am very antsy to play with the new gear!

Is there an actual sound quality difference between 210RT and 212RT? I know that 212RT are more sensitive and dig little deeper but from what I see they look like they use the same CD and have the same crossover point. Has anyone compared them or asked Jeff about the differences?

hotbeef likes this.
post #40379 of 40446 Old 07-03-2020, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Is there an actual sound quality difference between 210RT and 212RT? I know that 212RT are more sensitive and dig little deeper but from what I see they look like they use the same CD and have the same crossover point. Has anyone compared them or asked Jeff about the differences?

I’ve seen people say the two, and even the 215 are closer than they are different. Since my primary use is multi channel, mostly gaming and movies and I run a pair of 18’s Jeff said I won’t gain much going to the 212 and the 210’s would be a better fit in my smaller room

chucky7 likes this.
post #40380 of 40446 Old 07-03-2020, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Been doing a lot of direct comparisons with my JTR 210s(Emotiva T2+, Revel M105, JBL 308p, Infinity R263, Infinity Beta 20). By far, the thing that stands out to me most, is just how much more clear and detailed they are. And by "detailed" I don't mean elevated treble, the JBLs and the Infinities actually have more treble energy, but the JTRs are still more detailed. I think it's due to the dispersion width. I had thought I was a wide dispersion fan, but the more direct comparisons I do, the more I'm starting to favor the narrow dispersion the JTRs provide. It's just so much more clear; it's like putting on contacts for your ears.
chucky7, hotbeef, Mike_WI and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp , noesis

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page