What is better? DCM KX-12 or Klipsch KG4? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-06-2009, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So we just blew out the speakers from our last setup during a party and they need to be replaced. We are using these speakers in our basement for college parties and we were just wondering which set of speakers would best suit our needs? We basically just play rap/hip-hop songs and these sets are going for about the same price on craigslist, so any info would be great.

Thanks for any and all help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-06-2009, 11:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
KG 4 are excellent sounding speakers I owned a pair myself. They just won't get super loud. They are not as efficient as the Heritage line of speakers. They do sound nice though. If you were looking for a two channel rig for your own listening I'd say get em. But your talking rap and such for parties, I think you would be disappointed. Now a set of Klipsch Fortes or cornwalls would blow the doors off your party but your talking a whole different league in price for cornwalls. Fortes can be had for $200-$600 depending on condition and market.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-30-2009, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 19
The DCM KX series are probably the best "party speakers" out there. Bar none. When you want to go to the next level (refined) look for the TimeWindows. No disrespect, each one was designed with a purpose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-31-2009, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 307
The KX12 have a sensitivity of 99 dB, while the KG4 have 94 dB. The KX2 will play louder by 5 dB, or at the same level as the KG4 with a third of the power.

The Forte II (a good suggestion!) also have a sensitivity of 99 dB, like the KX12.

post #5 of 6 Old 10-31-2009, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 62
The DCM KX is a pure party speaker. It can go low, loud, and shake the crap out of your house or dorm. Take care in which version it is, the version 1's were 4 ohm. You'll need a decent receiver to drive em real loud.

I like Ice Cream!
post #6 of 6 Old 07-20-2019, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I've created an Official DCM KX speakers and subwoofers discussion thread and I encourage everyone who owns, uses, is knowledgeable about, and/or has questions about DCM KX speakers and/or subwoofers to use and subscribe to that thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page