GoldenEar Technologies Anticipation Thread - Page 110 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 812Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3271 of 5418 Old 06-04-2015, 12:45 PM
Member
 
Cyclonejason93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lenexa, KS
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
Okay I took one out of the box last night and noticed it was attached but heard some popping but I think it was the bottom of the box, was worried I had done something to the base. They need to upgrade the manual that says to install the feet.
I am not going to use those leveling feet for the center I will just but a slight tilt to my stand for the center, wish the end caps weren't so shiny since it sits right under my TV.
I'm using the spikes on the base, they go on super fast and easy. A little hard to move them around though.

Marantz AV7005 pre-amp, Rotel RB-985 amp, Parasound Halo A31 amp
Oppo BDP-83, Rotel RCD-970BX CD Player
GoldenEar Triton 5s, GoldenEar SuperCenter XL, B&W CCM65 surrounds
REL Storm III Subwoofer
Cyclonejason93 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3272 of 5418 Old 06-04-2015, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Montucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: San Antonio, Tejas
Posts: 1,701
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
For all the reviews I have read and personal owners input I think that is what the Ones were made for, is 2 channel stand alone music setup. To me the people that have a dedicated 2 channel setup don't listen to the type of music that really requires a dedicated sub, and the Ones would be more than enough bass, but you can always add a small sub down the road.
What would you be powering the Ones with?
Thanks. Not totally sure what I'll be powering them with. I'm thinking perhaps along the lines of the Outlaw RR2150 stereo receiver, or some other simple 2 channel receiver but perhaps with a bit more power. Not sure exactly.
Montucky is offline  
post #3273 of 5418 Old 06-05-2015, 07:14 AM
Senior Member
 
sdolen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montucky View Post
Thanks. Not totally sure what I'll be powering them with. I'm thinking perhaps along the lines of the Outlaw RR2150 stereo receiver, or some other simple 2 channel receiver but perhaps with a bit more power. Not sure exactly.
Check out the Rogue Audio Sphinx or Cronus Magnum, either would be an awesome match with the 5s.
sdolen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3274 of 5418 Old 06-05-2015, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Montucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: San Antonio, Tejas
Posts: 1,701
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolen View Post
Check out the Rogue Audio Sphinx or Cronus Magnum, either would be an awesome match with the 5s.
Those could be very nice. Also thinking along the lines of a nice 2 channel amp with a built in DAC.
Montucky is offline  
post #3275 of 5418 Old 06-05-2015, 09:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
rustolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pineville, LA
Posts: 642
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montucky View Post
Those could be very nice. Also thinking along the lines of a nice 2 channel amp with a built in DAC.
You might want to give Emotiva Mono blocks a look and their 2 channel amps as well.

https://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/xpr-1
NextLevel217 likes this.

VIDEO: Epson 5040UB * SeymourAV CenterStage XD 137.7" * Samsung UBD-M9500 * Nvidia Shield * HTPC * Xbox OneX * URC MX-990
AUDIO: Marantz AV7704 * Emotiva XPA-9 Gen3
SPEAKERS: PSA MTM-210T L/C/R * PSA MTM-110 (2) Surrounds * S2(4) Atmos * HSU VTF-3MK4
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
rustolemite is offline  
post #3276 of 5418 Old 06-05-2015, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
LowTech1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 2,787
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
Well the Emotiva is the only amp I have ever had so really nothing to compare too, I have had a XPA-3 and now my XPA-5 and I can say 100% that adding the amp made a difference in the sound and of course volume of all the different brands I have used.
That's funny,because I had an XPA-3 for my ML Electrostat's and sold it,because I heard zero difference. Maybe if I ever cranked up the volume I might,but I never needed to or wanted to. Unless you have a 4 ohm speaker or less,an amp is not going to matter,period!
LowTech1 is offline  
post #3277 of 5418 Old 06-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
rustolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pineville, LA
Posts: 642
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowTech1 View Post
That's funny,because I had an XPA-3 for my ML Electrostat's and sold it,because I heard zero difference. Maybe if I ever cranked up the volume I might,but I never needed to or wanted to. Unless you have a 4 ohm speaker or less,an amp is not going to matter,period!
Man you bringing that backup again, do you just troll around for anything about Emotiva so you can bad mouth them?
NextLevel217 likes this.

VIDEO: Epson 5040UB * SeymourAV CenterStage XD 137.7" * Samsung UBD-M9500 * Nvidia Shield * HTPC * Xbox OneX * URC MX-990
AUDIO: Marantz AV7704 * Emotiva XPA-9 Gen3
SPEAKERS: PSA MTM-210T L/C/R * PSA MTM-110 (2) Surrounds * S2(4) Atmos * HSU VTF-3MK4
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
rustolemite is offline  
post #3278 of 5418 Old 06-05-2015, 12:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
LowTech1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 2,787
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 276
I'm not bad mouthing anything and I'm not trolling. I was reading up on people buying the new Triton 5's. Then I see a post that is untrue and commented on it. That's all. I bet your sound stage really opened up also. Those triton 5's are very efficient,you won't hear any difference at all. You will just want to hear a difference.. Sold my amp,best move I made. Room treatments will do much more for your sound than an amp..
htpcforever likes this.
LowTech1 is offline  
post #3279 of 5418 Old 06-05-2015, 01:20 PM
Member
 
Cyclonejason93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lenexa, KS
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowTech1 View Post
I'm not bad mouthing anything and I'm not trolling. I was reading up on people buying the new Triton 5's. Then I see a post that is untrue and commented on it. That's all. I bet your sound stage really opened up also. Those triton 5's are very efficient,you won't hear any difference at all. You will just want to hear a difference.. Sold my amp,best move I made. Room treatments will do much more for your sound than an amp..
What amps are you running then if you sold your Emotiva? They seem like a great deal for the price per watt even if you can't hear a difference in your system.
rustolemite likes this.

Marantz AV7005 pre-amp, Rotel RB-985 amp, Parasound Halo A31 amp
Oppo BDP-83, Rotel RCD-970BX CD Player
GoldenEar Triton 5s, GoldenEar SuperCenter XL, B&W CCM65 surrounds
REL Storm III Subwoofer
Cyclonejason93 is offline  
post #3280 of 5418 Old 06-05-2015, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
rustolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pineville, LA
Posts: 642
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowTech1 View Post
I'm not bad mouthing anything and I'm not trolling. I was reading up on people buying the new Triton 5's. Then I see a post that is untrue and commented on it. That's all. I bet your sound stage really opened up also. Those triton 5's are very efficient,you won't hear any difference at all. You will just want to hear a difference.. Sold my amp,best move I made. Room treatments will do much more for your sound than an amp..
Your opinion.
NextLevel217 likes this.

VIDEO: Epson 5040UB * SeymourAV CenterStage XD 137.7" * Samsung UBD-M9500 * Nvidia Shield * HTPC * Xbox OneX * URC MX-990
AUDIO: Marantz AV7704 * Emotiva XPA-9 Gen3
SPEAKERS: PSA MTM-210T L/C/R * PSA MTM-110 (2) Surrounds * S2(4) Atmos * HSU VTF-3MK4
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
rustolemite is offline  
post #3281 of 5418 Old 06-05-2015, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
LowTech1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 2,787
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 276
I'm running the amps in my Onkyo 818,runs my system great and it sounded no different without the Emo. Sorry,I'm just not an amp believer unless you have hard to drive speakers. I'm not a believer in expensive speaker wire either..
LowTech1 is offline  
post #3282 of 5418 Old 06-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
rustolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pineville, LA
Posts: 642
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 102
So got them hooked and ready to start putting them to the test, one thing I can say right off is that the XL center sounds cleaner than my Paradigm CC690 ever did.
Excuse the crappy picture I have never been able to take a decent picture with my phone, not the phones fault but my dumb ass. And yes I am using an Amp.

Thanks


VIDEO: Epson 5040UB * SeymourAV CenterStage XD 137.7" * Samsung UBD-M9500 * Nvidia Shield * HTPC * Xbox OneX * URC MX-990
AUDIO: Marantz AV7704 * Emotiva XPA-9 Gen3
SPEAKERS: PSA MTM-210T L/C/R * PSA MTM-110 (2) Surrounds * S2(4) Atmos * HSU VTF-3MK4
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite

Last edited by rustolemite; 06-05-2015 at 04:49 PM.
rustolemite is offline  
post #3283 of 5418 Old 06-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Member
 
mechx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
So got them hooked and ready to start putting them to the test, one thing I can say right off is that the XL center sounds cleaner than my Paradigm CC690 ever did.
Excuse the crappy picture I have never been able to take a decent picture with my phone, not the phones fault but my dumb ass. And yes I am using an Amp.

Thanks

Ah come on, let's hear how they sound with 2 channel music, your favorites songs? The top end, the midrange, soundstage, imaging, on and on...I'm dying here...
rustolemite likes this.
mechx is offline  
post #3284 of 5418 Old 06-05-2015, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JKR1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
So got them hooked and ready to start putting them to the test, one thing I can say right off is that the XL center sounds cleaner than my Paradigm CC690 ever did.
Excuse the crappy picture I have never been able to take a decent picture with my phone, not the phones fault but my dumb ass. And yes I am using an Amp.

Thanks


Hey........no 690 now......you better break out the weights again..if you want to keep in shape!
JKR1963 is offline  
post #3285 of 5418 Old 06-05-2015, 08:01 PM
Member
 
NextLevel217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
Man you bringing that backup again, do you just troll around for anything about Emotiva so you can bad mouth them?
Its so many threads being highjacked by this amp hating people! Im so tired of reading the same crap!!
rustolemite likes this.
NextLevel217 is offline  
post #3286 of 5418 Old 06-05-2015, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
rustolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pineville, LA
Posts: 642
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR1963 View Post
Hey........no 690 now......you better break out the weights again..if you want to keep in shape!
Yeah it was like picking up a couple of dead babies...

VIDEO: Epson 5040UB * SeymourAV CenterStage XD 137.7" * Samsung UBD-M9500 * Nvidia Shield * HTPC * Xbox OneX * URC MX-990
AUDIO: Marantz AV7704 * Emotiva XPA-9 Gen3
SPEAKERS: PSA MTM-210T L/C/R * PSA MTM-110 (2) Surrounds * S2(4) Atmos * HSU VTF-3MK4
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
rustolemite is offline  
post #3287 of 5418 Old 06-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
rustolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pineville, LA
Posts: 642
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechx View Post
Ah come on, let's hear how they sound with 2 channel music, your favorites songs? The top end, the midrange, soundstage, imaging, on and on...I'm dying here...
I'm working on it, right just on Xbox and some PC will be checking out movies and music tomorrow, but like I said the Center has been worth it.

VIDEO: Epson 5040UB * SeymourAV CenterStage XD 137.7" * Samsung UBD-M9500 * Nvidia Shield * HTPC * Xbox OneX * URC MX-990
AUDIO: Marantz AV7704 * Emotiva XPA-9 Gen3
SPEAKERS: PSA MTM-210T L/C/R * PSA MTM-110 (2) Surrounds * S2(4) Atmos * HSU VTF-3MK4
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
rustolemite is offline  
post #3288 of 5418 Old 06-05-2015, 11:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
steveting99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,384
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1847 Post(s)
Liked: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
...

That coffee table between the center speaker and your Main Listening Position (MLP) is probably causing interference issues. Wondering if you can move it out of the way for a test to hear any improvements in the sound stage? Might want to do a test later on, after the GE gear has been setup to your satisfaction.

Marantz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, Harmony Home Control remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP (2x4)+(10x10HD)+(DDRC-88A), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.
steveting99 is offline  
post #3289 of 5418 Old 06-06-2015, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
rustolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pineville, LA
Posts: 642
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
That coffee table between the center speaker and your Main Listening Position (MLP) is probably causing interference issues. Wondering if you can move it out of the way for a test to hear any improvements in the sound stage? Might want to do a test later on, after the GE gear has been setup to your satisfaction.
That's not the stand I will use for the Center it will be a little higher so that its just under TV which is exactly where the Paradigm 690 was, but I can tell you that already the XL has a cleaner, clearer sound than the 690 ever did.

VIDEO: Epson 5040UB * SeymourAV CenterStage XD 137.7" * Samsung UBD-M9500 * Nvidia Shield * HTPC * Xbox OneX * URC MX-990
AUDIO: Marantz AV7704 * Emotiva XPA-9 Gen3
SPEAKERS: PSA MTM-210T L/C/R * PSA MTM-110 (2) Surrounds * S2(4) Atmos * HSU VTF-3MK4
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rustolamite
rustolemite is offline  
post #3290 of 5418 Old 06-06-2015, 07:02 AM
Member
 
mechx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustolemite View Post
That's not the stand I will use for the Center it will be a little higher so that its just under TV which is exactly where the Paradigm 690 was, but I can tell you that already the XL has a cleaner, clearer sound than the 690 ever did.
When you raise that center a little higher, you get an even nastier first reflection off that table. These reflections can muddy up dialog more than you may think. Move the table and you likely will hear the full potential of your center...if it's great now, just imagine how great it could be...YMMV
rustolemite likes this.
mechx is offline  
post #3291 of 5418 Old 06-06-2015, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Audiguy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Fort Collins CO
Posts: 1,483
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I have the XL



And here it is installed





Somehow the voices in movies and TV were still not great and my wife and I had a hard time with some dialog and had to turn up the sound too mcuh. Perhaps because the speaker was too far from the wall???? I was so frustrated with the results that I took the center channel out based on recommendations from a audio forum in Quattroworld. This was an improvement but still not perfect.

I suspect others had the same issues with the GoldenEars Ones (the towers that I have in the picture). So Sandy Gross introduced a new Center Channel designed to work with the Ones.



I just got a call from my rep and he said I should have it in a week. He will allow me to trade in my old one and try out this one to see if it makes a difference. The write up on it is:

The mega-high-performance SuperCenter XXL is only 35" wide and includes four 5-1/4" drivers, the GoldenEar High Velocity Folded Ribbon tweeter, three planar passive radiators, and our unique linear-phase crossover, employing fully balanced technology and precision film capacitors. The unique balanced topology reduces stray capacitance in the magnetic circuit, among other things, with the result of dramatically improved clarity. There are three separate internal chambers: a larger one in the center which contains two 5-1/4Ý drivers which run up to meet the tweeter and are coupled to the larger, 7Ý x 10Ý passive radiator in the center, and two smaller ones which each contain a special 5-1/4Ý driver engineered for low frequency response, which runs up to 500 Hz, and is coupled to one of the smaller, 6-3/4Ý x 8Ý passives.

Reggie Basement: Sony 75" 4K 940D/Marantz AV8802A & MM8077 & MM7055/GoldenEar:Reference (Front) Triton Ones(Rear),/SuperCenter XXL center channel/ 4 GoldenEar Atmos Invisa 650/Oppo BDP-205/Directv HS-17 and C61K/Roku 4K Family Room:LG 65" OLED/Marantz AV8802A & MM8077/ Vandersteen Treo Front/ GoldEar SuperSat60 Surround/ Directv HS-17 and C61K

Last edited by Audiguy3; 06-06-2015 at 10:30 AM. Reason: to post pictures
Audiguy3 is offline  
post #3292 of 5418 Old 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
Phrehdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 821
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Very off the wall question/idea.

The latest sound bar makes a option for fair size TV in a smaller space. I was curious if the soundbar might also be used behind the seating to as well to create a quasi 5.x set up. I know this would not be an ideal solution but might be more about practicality of available space. Any thoughts ... Sandy?
Phrehdd is offline  
post #3293 of 5418 Old 06-08-2015, 04:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Ediddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiguy3 View Post
I have the XL



And here it is installed





Somehow the voices in movies and TV were still not great and my wife and I had a hard time with some dialog and had to turn up the sound too mcuh. Perhaps because the speaker was too far from the wall???? I was so frustrated with the results that I took the center channel out based on recommendations from a audio forum in Quattroworld. This was an improvement but still not perfect.

I suspect others had the same issues with the GoldenEars Ones (the towers that I have in the picture). So Sandy Gross introduced a new Center Channel designed to work with the Ones.



I just got a call from my rep and he said I should have it in a week. He will allow me to trade in my old one and try out this one to see if it makes a difference. The write up on it is:

The mega-high-performance SuperCenter XXL is only 35" wide and includes four 5-1/4" drivers, the GoldenEar High Velocity Folded Ribbon tweeter, three planar passive radiators, and our unique linear-phase crossover, employing fully balanced technology and precision film capacitors. The unique balanced topology reduces stray capacitance in the magnetic circuit, among other things, with the result of dramatically improved clarity. There are three separate internal chambers: a larger one in the center which contains two 5-1/4Ý drivers which run up to meet the tweeter and are coupled to the larger, 7Ý x 10Ý passive radiator in the center, and two smaller ones which each contain a special 5-1/4Ý driver engineered for low frequency response, which runs up to 500 Hz, and is coupled to one of the smaller, 6-3/4Ý x 8Ý passives.
Let me know your thoughts I'm going to reach out to my dealer this week.
rustolemite likes this.
Ediddy is offline  
post #3294 of 5418 Old 06-08-2015, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JKR1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiguy3 View Post
I have the XL



And here it is installed





Somehow the voices in movies and TV were still not great and my wife and I had a hard time with some dialog and had to turn up the sound too mcuh. Perhaps because the speaker was too far from the wall???? I was so frustrated with the results that I took the center channel out based on recommendations from a audio forum in Quattroworld. This was an improvement but still not perfect.

I suspect others had the same issues with the GoldenEars Ones (the towers that I have in the picture). So Sandy Gross introduced a new Center Channel designed to work with the Ones.



I just got a call from my rep and he said I should have it in a week. He will allow me to trade in my old one and try out this one to see if it makes a difference. The write up on it is:

The mega-high-performance SuperCenter XXL is only 35" wide and includes four 5-1/4" drivers, the GoldenEar High Velocity Folded Ribbon tweeter, three planar passive radiators, and our unique linear-phase crossover, employing fully balanced technology and precision film capacitors. The unique balanced topology reduces stray capacitance in the magnetic circuit, among other things, with the result of dramatically improved clarity. There are three separate internal chambers: a larger one in the center which contains two 5-1/4Ý drivers which run up to meet the tweeter and are coupled to the larger, 7Ý x 10Ý passive radiator in the center, and two smaller ones which each contain a special 5-1/4Ý driver engineered for low frequency response, which runs up to 500 Hz, and is coupled to one of the smaller, 6-3/4Ý x 8Ý passives.
This was my concern about the ones (based on experience with other speaker lines where the front L & R are far larger and have more output than the "matching center"). The initial review on the new XXL center sounds good.........and it is not KD this time!!


http://hometheaterhifi.com/center-ch...irst-look.html
JKR1963 is offline  
post #3295 of 5418 Old 06-08-2015, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Montucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: San Antonio, Tejas
Posts: 1,701
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR1963 View Post
This was my concern about the ones (based on experience with other speaker lines where the front L & R are far larger and have more output than the "matching center"). The initial review on the new XXL center sounds good.........and it is not KD this time!!


http://hometheaterhifi.com/center-ch...irst-look.html
Awesome! I do believe that the search for my next center channel just might be over.
Montucky is offline  
post #3296 of 5418 Old 06-09-2015, 01:50 PM
Senior Member
 
ajax-jp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Not quite Dallas, TX
Posts: 241
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Damnit.. XXL.. I just got my XL a month ago...
I was considering getting a pair of Triton Ones to replace my Legacy Signature III's (not that there's anything wrong with them, they're just old) and now meh.. Although, I don't think I'd have enough room for it in my configuration anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_imag0645.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	765985  
rustolemite likes this.
ajax-jp is offline  
post #3297 of 5418 Old 06-10-2015, 06:57 AM
Newbie
 
BenWaB3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolen View Post
Check out the Rogue Audio Sphinx or Cronus Magnum, either would be an awesome match with the 5s.
I picked up a Rogue Audio Pharaoh a few weeks ago & have been wondering about how they would sound with the 5's so if anyone has experience with the 5's & Rogue equipment I would be very interested in their opinion. Thanks
BenWaB3 is offline  
post #3298 of 5418 Old 06-10-2015, 10:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Maison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Hello

I'm thinking of using a pair of SS60 for surrounds and 2 pairs of HTR7000 for ceiling atmos, but I'm finding that I'm having space issues with the top front and I can only squeeze in the Invisa 525. So now it would be a pair of SS60, pair of HTR7000, and a pair of 525. How do these match up tone wise? Same since they use the same tweeter and technology? Also for SS, would I do well with SS50 instead of SS60? How are the 525 for atmos?

Thanks!!

Last edited by Maison; 06-10-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Maison is offline  
post #3299 of 5418 Old 06-10-2015, 02:59 PM
Senior Member
 
goldenear tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Rogue Amps with GoldenEars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWaB3 View Post
I picked up a Rogue Audio Pharaoh a few weeks ago & have been wondering about how they would sound with the 5's so if anyone has experience with the 5's & Rogue equipment I would be very interested in their opinion. Thanks
Hi, Actually, the Rogue amps are particularly good choices for the GoldenEars. Enjoy! Sandy
goldenear tech is offline  
post #3300 of 5418 Old 06-10-2015, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
*UFO*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,170
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 781 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Does best buy sell Golden Ear speakers? I remember a couple of years ago I saw some in there, but their website has none?
*UFO* is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off