GoldenEar Technologies Anticipation Thread - Page 134 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 846Likes

post #3991 of 5559 Old 05-25-2016, 05:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeffeMusic View Post
I am mostly interested in how well these speakers image and how deep and wide is the sound stage? I have read many reviews and the all mention the pin point accuracy of the instrument placement in the mix. I am also interested on how these speakers work with movies?
The soundstage and imaging are both excellent. I love how I can tell right where the singer is in the sound stage. Instruments and vocals are very easy to pinpoint. I had a pair of Triton 7's, moved them to the bedroom. The 5's imaging is superb. The soundstage is very big. The 5's seem to have a deeper sound stage than the 7's. They also sound a bit more refined in the midrange, probably due to the larger drivers and improved crossovers. I have four pairs of Goldenear speakers and they all image great, but these are the best. They work very well for movies. These speakers are very detailed but also very smooth. The center channel speakers blend in perfectly.

Tim
RPGMasta likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3992 of 5559 Old 05-25-2016, 06:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 5
T3+ or T5 / 15 inch sub

I have an open, two story, floor plan (7600 cu. ft.) for my main living space.

The budget will allow a pair of Triton 3+ with a Super Center XXL, or a par of T5s with a Super Center XXL, and a 15 inch sub.

My issue is, I am not sure I will have a spot I can place the 15 inch sub. I am not sure my wife will allow me to place it right up in the front sound stage, being our main area. I am not in the house yet, to be able to determine if another spot will feasibly work, more hidden.

This will be mainly for HT (70/30), so some bass, is needed to start. Would going with the T3+ to start, and then adding more bass later, if needed - be the best plan for this space?

Also, I most likely wont be able to pull these towers out, more than a foot from the wall, since the TV will be mounted and the center stand will be minimalistic.
post #3993 of 5559 Old 05-25-2016, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy2112 View Post
I had my dual Stereo Integrity 18" subs a crossed over at 80Hz with my Triton Two's. So yes, I would say they are comparable and will play nicely together. Depending on where your subs are located, you might try experimenting with LFE+MAIN and run your T2's full range. But I actually had better luck crossing them over instead. Generally speaking, you want the same crossover on both sets instead of having different crossover settings. If subs are 100, T2s at 100. If subs are 80, T2s at 80, etc.
Thanks, I'm glad to hear that they work well together. I'll be playing with different crossover points. Currently I have the T2's at 100hz and a pair of Rw12d's at 50 and that sounds pretty clean. The T2's do very well with midbass in my room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3994 of 5559 Old 05-25-2016, 10:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by itguy61 View Post
The soundstage and imaging are both excellent. I love how I can tell right where the singer is in the sound stage. Instruments and vocals are very easy to pinpoint. I had a pair of Triton 7's, moved them to the bedroom. The 5's imaging is superb. The soundstage is very big. The 5's seem to have a deeper sound stage than the 7's. They also sound a bit more refined in the midrange, probably due to the larger drivers and improved crossovers. I have four pairs of Goldenear speakers and they all image great, but these are the best. They work very well for movies. These speakers are very detailed but also very smooth. The center channel speakers blend in perfectly.

Tim
Thanks Tim.
I currently have an all Paradigm studio v5 5.1 with Rythmik sub and 4 Martin Logan up firing atmos speakers driven by an MRX 1120. Looking to upgrade the fronts and the replace the middle down the road.

Regards
Jeff
post #3995 of 5559 Old 05-29-2016, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Feedback on Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by epg0 View Post
I have an open, two story, floor plan (7600 cu. ft.) for my main living space.

The budget will allow a pair of Triton 3+ with a Super Center XXL, or a par of T5s with a Super Center XXL, and a 15 inch sub.

My issue is, I am not sure I will have a spot I can place the 15 inch sub. I am not sure my wife will allow me to place it right up in the front sound stage, being our main area. I am not in the house yet, to be able to determine if another spot will feasibly work, more hidden.

This will be mainly for HT (70/30), so some bass, is needed to start. Would going with the T3+ to start, and then adding more bass later, if needed - be the best plan for this space?

Also, I most likely wont be able to pull these towers out, more than a foot from the wall, since the TV will be mounted and the center stand will be minimalistic.
Hi, Quite honestly, in a space this large, you will need at least Triton Two+, rather than 3+, to achieve proper bass without an additional sub. In addition, even when and if you add an additional sub, you will be much better off with the Two+ in terms of dynamic range. The Three+ is really designed for relatively smaller rooms. In terms of Triton Fives along with a powerful sub, that could also work well. You may want to look at our SuperSub XXL, as it is smaller than most 15" subs, very powerful and much cleaner. It has received some great reviews, and another one coming in the new Absolute Sound coming next week or so. All the Best, Sandy
post #3996 of 5559 Old 05-30-2016, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenear tech View Post
Hi, Quite honestly, in a space this large, you will need at least Triton Two+, rather than 3+, to achieve proper bass without an additional sub. In addition, even when and if you add an additional sub, you will be much better off with the Two+ in terms of dynamic range. The Three+ is really designed for relatively smaller rooms. In terms of Triton Fives along with a powerful sub, that could also work well. You may want to look at our SuperSub XXL, as it is smaller than most 15" subs, very powerful and much cleaner. It has received some great reviews, and another one coming in the new Absolute Sound coming next week or so. All the Best, Sandy
Thanks for the response. Since its an open floor plan, that full space isn't actually all listening area, but i understand it would impact the sub.

Here is a better breakdown of the rooms.

15x18 (2 story great room) opens up to a 11x18 dinette which opens to a 9x15 kitchen

Am I still better off with the T2+ ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
post #3997 of 5559 Old 05-30-2016, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Thanks for the response. Since its an open floor plan, that full space isn't actually all listening area, but i understand it would impact the sub.

15x18 (2 story great room) opens up to a 11x18 dinette which opens to a 9x15 kitchen

IMHO yes. I had T2s in my open area and they were perfect - I even upgraded to T1s Though now I think they are overkill.

Reggie Basement: Sony 75" 4K 940D/Marantz AV8802A & MM8077 & MM7055/GoldenEar:Reference (Front) Triton Ones(Rear),/SuperCenter XXL center channel/ 4 GoldenEar Atmos Invisa 650/Oppo BDP-205/Directv HS-17 and C61K/Roku 4K Family Room:LG 65" OLED/Marantz AV8802A & MM8077/ Vandersteen Treo Front/ GoldEar SuperSat60 Surround/ Directv HS-17 and C61K

Last edited by Audiguy3; 05-30-2016 at 12:08 PM.
post #3998 of 5559 Old 05-30-2016, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've been playing with a pair of the Triton Two+ all day and am very impressed. In a blind test, I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between them and my Triton ones unless I was within 2/3 feet of the speakers. To make it fair I put the Two+ right next to the ones and used the same receiver, the Aventage 3050.

If anyone is on the fence about the Two+, rest assured they pack quite the punch. I picked them up for upstairs, I have a big open area like the aforementioned poster, and have the Triton Ones and SuperCenter XXL in the dedicated home theater room.
post #3999 of 5559 Old 05-30-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiguy3 View Post
IMHO yes. I had T2s in my open area and they were perfect - I even upgraded to T1s Though now I think they are overkill.
Great set up!

Did you pair an external sub with them?

post #4000 of 5559 Old 05-30-2016, 01:57 PM

Triton Two+ vs Three+

Quote:

Hi, Yes, without question. In terms of bass, you are talking about the cubic feet of the entire connected area. The Triton Three+ is great, and a big improvement over the earlier Three, but clearly designed for smaller rooms. The Three+ now has a sonic signature similar to the One. It is reasonably dynamic, but does not move air like the One or Two+, and you have a lot of air to move. The Two+, which is also a big upgrade from the earlier Two, does move you closer to the One, as the other poster comments. All the Best, Sandy
post #4001 of 5559 Old 05-30-2016, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Great set up!

Did you pair an external sub with them?

No - The subs with the T1 and T2 is quite good. - Also I follow Sandy recommendations of just using the regular speaker input and not use the sub output from the Marantz - this gives the best music reproduction. If I ever move things down into the basement I might use the sub configuration for watching movies.

Reggie Basement: Sony 75" 4K 940D/Marantz AV8802A & MM8077 & MM7055/GoldenEar:Reference (Front) Triton Ones(Rear),/SuperCenter XXL center channel/ 4 GoldenEar Atmos Invisa 650/Oppo BDP-205/Directv HS-17 and C61K/Roku 4K Family Room:LG 65" OLED/Marantz AV8802A & MM8077/ Vandersteen Treo Front/ GoldEar SuperSat60 Surround/ Directv HS-17 and C61K
post #4002 of 5559 Old 05-31-2016, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Hi Sandy,

I'm looking to upgrade my L&R speakers by moving my Triton Sevens to the rear for surround duty, per the original plan. Of the One, Two+, and Three+, which would you recommend given the following room dimensions? Also, do you have a "go to" setup when it comes to processors and amps that hit a relatively affordable price point (e.g., Emotiva, Rotel, Peachtree, etc.)?

Room Dimensions: L 22' x W 12.5' x H 9'
Speakers to form 10.5' equilateral triangle
post #4003 of 5559 Old 06-03-2016, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1131 Post(s)
Liked: 584
The new T2+ are indeed a great sounding product and excellent value.

Mike Miles
[email protected]
post #4004 of 5559 Old 06-04-2016, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Sandy, thank you for taking my call the other day. As others have mentioned, your company has some amazingly good support for the owners of Goldenear speakers.
WOLVERNOLE likes this.
post #4005 of 5559 Old 06-04-2016, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Why don't the in-ceiling/in-wall speakers come with the option of black grills? I understand that white is probably the most popular color for use in living/family rooms, but black is surely a popular option for dedicated home theater rooms.

I shudder at the thought of spraying speaker grills and gumming up the fine openings on the grills. I understand that one can never cover all the color options but at least give us a binary choice (black or white) rather than no choice at all. A black grill would get me on board with some in-ceiling speakers to move my 7.1 set-up to 7.1.4.

Sandy?
post #4006 of 5559 Old 06-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 164
It's my understanding the grills are designed to be painted. Spray paint, properly done, deposits a very small amount of paint on the surface.

I've never seen the grills for these speakers, but if they're that delicate then I'd wager any custom T-shirt shop would be happy to use their airbrushes to get you the color you want. Those things use almost no paint.
HTNUT1975 likes this.

I'm also an author! Gemini Gambit - He's trying to save the world. She's trying to hide from it. When they meet, death is the least of their worries. http://www.amazon.com/Gemini-Gambit-...dp/0986396214/
Its sequel, Dragon's Ark, is also available. Behind the Great Firewall of China, there are secrets people will kill to keep. https://www.amazon.com/Dragons-Ark-G...dp/B01LD5BYV4/
post #4007 of 5559 Old 06-05-2016, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Guys im Planing to buy GoldenEar HT : 5.2.4

My budget is $10,000 for Speakers + Av Separate + Power Amp " I will Increase budget if needed"

and this the set:-

Triton 1

Supercenter XXL

Im confused which Rear speaker should i go for ( Triton 3+ or 5 , Aon 3 , Or supersat 60c) and why ?

questions ?:

1- Do i need Extra Sub with This set?

2 Which av Separate (Marantz av8802a,av 7702mkii or any "you suggest") should i go for to reach 100% performance of the speakers Especially the triton 1

3 - whats the the difference between marantz av8802 and 7702mkii? and whats that difference will feel in sound quality

4- is Emotive Power amp XPA Gen 3 , 7Ch ,, is recommended and will give 100%performance ? " if you have any other power amp with Same price or little higher mention it "
post #4008 of 5559 Old 06-05-2016, 05:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 164
If you're big into home theater and maximizing bass coverage, you may want to consider going with Triton 5s all around with two or more SuperSub XXLs.

Personally I'm very happy with my Triton 1s & a super center XXL, but there are quite a few people around who don't think it's possible to get proper bass when the sub is co-located with the mains.

I'm also an author! Gemini Gambit - He's trying to save the world. She's trying to hide from it. When they meet, death is the least of their worries. http://www.amazon.com/Gemini-Gambit-...dp/0986396214/
Its sequel, Dragon's Ark, is also available. Behind the Great Firewall of China, there are secrets people will kill to keep. https://www.amazon.com/Dragons-Ark-G...dp/B01LD5BYV4/
post #4009 of 5559 Old 06-05-2016, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawoodWN View Post

My budget is $10,000 for Speakers + Av Separate + Power Amp " I will Increase budget if needed"

Triton 1

Supercenter XXL

Im confused which Rear speaker should i go for ( Triton 3+ or 5 , Aon 3 , Or supersat 60c) and why ?

questions ?:

2 Which av Separate (Marantz av8802a,av 7702mkii or any "you suggest") should i go for to reach 100% performance of the speakers Especially the triton 1

3 - whats the the difference between marantz av8802 and 7702mkii? and whats that difference will feel in sound quality

4- is Emotive Power amp XPA Gen 3 , 7Ch ,, is recommended and will give 100%performance ? " if you have any other power amp with Same price or little higher mention it "
1- How big is your room?

2- You can't go wrong w/Marantz. I currently use one of their receivers in my office and I was really impressed with the sound quality. For my media room, I use Anthem separates. From my experience, anthem's ARC has delivered a much better result than Audyssey.

3- It's hard to find a decent comparison of the 8802a to the 7702mkii, however, there is a thread here that discusses it at length. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...-7702-mk2.html - From that thread:
Quote:
What I understand, the differences in the unit are: a) 8802A uses a toroidal transformer while the 7702mk2 uses a TL transformer. People may prefer one style over the other so if the transformer choice is important to you, then make your choice respectively, b) the 8802A is heavier and the chassis is more rigid. Well my stand is well damped and I don't ask my friends to lift my equipment to "feel" it's weight before we enjoy listening, so this didn't "weigh (pun intended) into my decision. Anyway, much of that extra weight is probably due to the toroidal transformer more than anything else. (IMHO)
4- I haven't used an Emotiva amp so I can't comment, but the reviews have been very good.

Last edited by ajax-jp; 06-05-2016 at 05:47 PM.
post #4010 of 5559 Old 06-06-2016, 10:23 AM

Suggestions for your system

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin85 View Post
Hi Sandy,

I'm looking to upgrade my L&R speakers by moving my Triton Sevens to the rear for surround duty, per the original plan. Of the One, Two+, and Three+, which would you recommend given the following room dimensions? Also, do you have a "go to" setup when it comes to processors and amps that hit a relatively affordable price point (e.g., Emotiva, Rotel, Peachtree, etc.)?

Room Dimensions: L 22' x W 12.5' x H 9'
Speakers to form 10.5' equilateral triangle
Hi, As you have a fairly large room, I would suggest either Triton Two+ or Triton One. In terms of amps and processors, all three brands that you mention are very good. I would also suggest Marantz in terms of separate processors. In terms of amps for HT systems, the sky is the limit, depending on your budget. You may want to also look at Parasound. All the Best, Sandy
post #4011 of 5559 Old 06-06-2016, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

Triton 1

Supercenter XXL

questions ?:

Dawood,

GoldenEar makes some FANTASTIC sounding speakers. In regards to your questions I have some personal experience comparing the 8802a and the 7702mkii with T1's and the SuperCenter XXL as I've owned both. I upgraded from the Denon X4000 to the Marantz 7702mkii (using the Outlaw Audio 7700 amp). The sound quality of this combination was great. No complaints whatsoever. Two months into owning the 7702 I had the opportunity to purchase the 8802a at a highly discounted price so I jumped. The build quality on the 8802a vs the 7702 is apparent, but honestly how these things look isn't nearly as important as how they sound. The 8802a does a better job with high def music sources, the soundstage was more open and dynamic vs the 7702. I was able to do a direct comparison with the pre/pros in my own home with well known source material so it helped with the comparison. The differences were not nearly as apparent with movies. Both processors sound great with movies and are very dynamic. Speaking for myself, if I were building out a surround sound system for use in a home theatre I'd use the 7702mkii (or Anthem AVM 60) over the 8802a and use the savings to dump into other components (in your case better surrounds or a second amp and height channels for Atmos). If you plan to listen to a lot of high quality HD music then the 8802a may be worthwhile.

I do not run an extra sub with my T1's, it is plenty of Bass for me. So much so that I have the gain turned all the way down on the subs (so it plays nice with Audyssey calibration). You can generate a LOT of bass with the T1's if you are in a moderately sized room. I'm happy with it, others add additional subs (using T2's or T3's for your rear surrounds would allow you to add two more powered subs to your LFE channel).

I have no experience with Emotiva products, I'm using the Outlaw Audio 7700 and am VERY happy with it. I've not compared my processor and speakers with another amplifier so I could be missing out, but I imagine I'd have to dump a crap ton more money into an amplifier to get an appreciable increase in sound quality.

I hope that helps. Feel free to pm me if you have any further questions. Cheers!

Pre/Pro: Marantz 8805 AMPS: Outlaw Audio 7700 & Emotiva Gen 3
Spkrs: GoldenEar T-Ref, SC Ref, SS 3's, T5's & HTR 7000 x 4 Sub: SVS SB16 x 2
Display: Epson 5050UB & 110" SI 7 Series Zero Edge Black Diamond
Blu-Ray: Panasonic DP-UB820-K
post #4012 of 5559 Old 06-06-2016, 10:27 AM

Painting Invisa Grilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoolsie View Post
Why don't the in-ceiling/in-wall speakers come with the option of black grills? I understand that white is probably the most popular color for use in living/family rooms, but black is surely a popular option for dedicated home theater rooms.

I shudder at the thought of spraying speaker grills and gumming up the fine openings on the grills. I understand that one can never cover all the color options but at least give us a binary choice (black or white) rather than no choice at all. A black grill would get me on board with some in-ceiling speakers to move my 7.1 set-up to 7.1.4.

Sandy?
Hi, There are very specific instructions in the manuals for painting the grilles, which if followed, give excellent results. We have not made black grilles, as we have never had demand for them. I suppose most people, if this is what they want, just paint them. All the Best, Sandy
post #4013 of 5559 Old 06-06-2016, 10:43 AM

System Recommendations

Quote:

Triton 1

Supercenter XXL

questions ?:

Hi, In terms of rear surrounds, for absolute best performance, the Triton Three+ or Five would be the choice. You would normally choose the 60s if you wanted one that disappeared more and mounted on the wall.You could also use Triton Two+ in the rear and run a four way split out of your LFE and get the benefit of four LFE subwoofers.We have done this with great success and the benefit is beyond just adding a separate sub. The whole question of how much "sub" you need really depends on the size of your room and personal preferences. We have one customer that has six Triton Ones and two SuperSub XXLs! Normally the bass on the Triton Ones is more than sufficient, but it is sort of like cars: if you got a Porsche 911, is the standard engine enough, would you want the S, or do you need the Turbo? We have used the Marantz 8802A and it was great. I know it is better than the 7702, but can't speak to the specifics on that. In terms of amps, I have heard good things about the Emotive, but have not heard it. You may also want to consider Parasound. All the Best, Sandy
post #4014 of 5559 Old 06-06-2016, 12:52 PM

I have a fairly large dedicated home theater room in the lowest level which the Triton Ones (with a matching Supercenter XXL) reside in a 20x20x8 feet space. That said, the bass can be felt on the main floor of the home. I just hooked up the Triton Two+ and ran the same test, and you can still feel the bass in the main floor, to me that is more than sufficient coverage, but tastes may vary. Spectre and Rogue Nation both have scenes that rock the house. I really suggest anyone interested in these speakers audition them at their dealer. I was heavily considering and leaning towards the Def Tech Mythos ST-Ls before I auditioned the Triton Ones in person, at which point the decision was made for me. Every set of ears is different, but I am very happy with my decision. A good pair of speakers should last a lot longer than video equipment, and/or receivers, so I factored that in when I made my initial purchases.

Last edited by RuthlessCynic; 06-06-2016 at 12:56 PM.
post #4015 of 5559 Old 06-11-2016, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscottj View Post
If you're big into home theater and maximizing bass coverage, you may want to consider going with Triton 5s all around with two or more SuperSub XXLs.

Personally I'm very happy with my Triton 1s & a super center XXL, but there are quite a few people around who don't think it's possible to get proper bass when the sub is co-located with the mains.
Yes i think i want the bass spread all over the room with clear deep pure bass , i think ill go with F-LR T1 Rears T3+ with the Cs XXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax-jp View Post
1- How big is your room?

2- You can't go wrong w/Marantz. I currently use one of their receivers in my office and I was really impressed with the sound quality. For my media room, I use Anthem separates. From my experience, anthem's ARC has delivered a much better result than Audyssey.

3- It's hard to find a decent comparison of the 8802a to the 7702mkii, however, there is a thread here that discusses it at length. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...-7702-mk2.html - From that thread:

4- I haven't used an Emotiva amp so I can't comment, but the reviews have been very good.
1 - My Room is 7*6 meters and the height 3 meters ,, there is an open hall in my living room

2,3,4 - im still confused about which processor and power amp should i buy. anthem, marantz , or emotiva,, which model.. i dont know ;/.

Quote:
Hi, As you have a fairly large room, I would suggest either Triton Two+ or Triton One. In terms of amps and processors, all three brands that you mention are very good. I would also suggest Marantz in terms of separate processors. In terms of amps for HT systems, the sky is the limit, depending on your budget. You may want to also look at Parasound. All the Best, Sandy
I think ill go with t1 ,, marantz 7702mkii look very good comparing to anthem avm 60 and 8802a , what do you think ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Budny View Post
Dawood,

GoldenEar makes some FANTASTIC sounding speakers. In regards to your questions I have some personal experience comparing the 8802a and the 7702mkii with T1's and the SuperCenter XXL as I've owned both. I upgraded from the Denon X4000 to the Marantz 7702mkii (using the Outlaw Audio 7700 amp). The sound quality of this combination was great. No complaints whatsoever. Two months into owning the 7702 I had the opportunity to purchase the 8802a at a highly discounted price so I jumped. The build quality on the 8802a vs the 7702 is apparent, but honestly how these things look isn't nearly as important as how they sound. The 8802a does a better job with high def music sources, the soundstage was more open and dynamic vs the 7702. I was able to do a direct comparison with the pre/pros in my own home with well known source material so it helped with the comparison. The differences were not nearly as apparent with movies. Both processors sound great with movies and are very dynamic. Speaking for myself, if I were building out a surround sound system for use in a home theatre I'd use the 7702mkii (or Anthem AVM 60) over the 8802a and use the savings to dump into other components (in your case better surrounds or a second amp and height channels for Atmos). If you plan to listen to a lot of high quality HD music then the 8802a may be worthwhile.

I do not run an extra sub with my T1's, it is plenty of Bass for me. So much so that I have the gain turned all the way down on the subs (so it plays nice with Audyssey calibration). You can generate a LOT of bass with the T1's if you are in a moderately sized room. I'm happy with it, others add additional subs (using T2's or T3's for your rear surrounds would allow you to add two more powered subs to your LFE channel).

I have no experience with Emotiva products, I'm using the Outlaw Audio 7700 and am VERY happy with it. I've not compared my processor and speakers with another amplifier so I could be missing out, but I imagine I'd have to dump a crap ton more money into an amplifier to get an appreciable increase in sound quality.

I hope that helps. Feel free to pm me if you have any further questions. Cheers!
well , im trying to pm you i have to many questions but the forums not allowing me to, i dont know why

Quote:
Hi, In terms of rear surrounds, for absolute best performance, the Triton Three+ or Five would be the choice. You would normally choose the 60s if you wanted one that disappeared more and mounted on the wall.You could also use Triton Two+ in the rear and run a four way split out of your LFE and get the benefit of four LFE subwoofers.We have done this with great success and the benefit is beyond just adding a separate sub. The whole question of how much "sub" you need really depends on the size of your room and personal preferences. We have one customer that has six Triton Ones and two SuperSub XXLs! Normally the bass on the Triton Ones is more than sufficient, but it is sort of like cars: if you got a Porsche 911, is the standard engine enough, would you want the S, or do you need the Turbo? We have used the Marantz 8802A and it was great. I know it is better than the 7702, but can't speak to the specifics on that. In terms of amps, I have heard good things about the Emotive, but have not heard it. You may also want to consider Parasound. All the Best, Sandy
Thank you sandy for your support. still confused about the proc and amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuthlessCynic View Post
I have a fairly large dedicated home theater room in the lowest level which the Triton Ones (with a matching Supercenter XXL) reside in a 20x20x8 feet space. That said, the bass can be felt on the main floor of the home. I just hooked up the Triton Two+ and ran the same test, and you can still feel the bass in the main floor, to me that is more than sufficient coverage, but tastes may vary. Spectre and Rogue Nation both have scenes that rock the house. I really suggest anyone interested in these speakers audition them at their dealer. I was heavily considering and leaning towards the Def Tech Mythos ST-Ls before I auditioned the Triton Ones in person, at which point the decision was made for me. Every set of ears is different, but I am very happy with my decision. A good pair of speakers should last a lot longer than video equipment, and/or receivers, so I factored that in when I made my initial purchases.
thanks for your support , i was between def tech and GE , i ended up with GE .
post #4016 of 5559 Old 06-11-2016, 02:30 PM

You need to have 15 posts I believe before you can PM people. Daewood, where are you? If you are close enough you can check out my set up in person, may give you a better idea when its not in a showroom/dealer room.
post #4017 of 5559 Old 06-12-2016, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuthlessCynic View Post
You need to have 15 posts I believe before you can PM people. Daewood, where are you? If you are close enough you can check out my set up in person, may give you a better idea when its not in a showroom/dealer room.
including this reply i got 13 posts , i live in the middle east KUWAIT ,, i hope i can check your set up in person but it will cost 12 hours if you live in US +$1200 flight. ill PM you once i reach 15
post #4018 of 5559 Old 06-16-2016, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi Guys,

I am a newbie graduating from Bose crap..

Can you guys suggest a Goldenear system for my basement ?

1. I would like to start with a 2.1 channel and slowly build a 5.1 .

2. I listen mostly to bollywood music and watch hollywood movies.

3. Dimensions of the room are 24Ft X 18ft with 9 Ft ceilings.

I am thinking 2 triton 1s and a receiver.

I need a suggestion on the receiver for the speakers. If I go with separates , which ones are recommended?

Thank you for your help. :-)
post #4019 of 5559 Old 06-16-2016, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesmeriser16 View Post
Hi Guys,

I need a suggestion on the receiver for the speakers. If I go with separates , which ones are recommended?

Good choice. I would recommend you look into the Marantz line. You can get by without a center channel too with the Triton 1s. That is what I run (though I am using a center channel now) . I have the separates Pre/Pro and Amp but their amps are good for GoldenEars and they just released some new receivers.
mesmeriser16 likes this.

post #4020 of 5559 Old 06-16-2016, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesmeriser16 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have the Marantz SR7010 and love the sound on the Triton Ones and Twos.
mesmeriser16 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page