The Official Procella Audio Speakers Owners thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 166Likes

post #631 of 635 Old 03-09-2020, 08:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben Van Duyl View Post
I listen to P5 in my office, P6V in my living room and P8 in my private cinema almost every day. I don't think that trying to fix something that is not there is worth your time or effort, in fact you may create new problems.
Hey Gerben! I was thinking of listening to P5 in my office as well. How many P5 do you have in your office? How do you connect them to your PC? Any chance of a picture or description on how they are located in comparison to your monitors? I've been racking my brain trying to think of a way to use one or two P5s for my PC speakers, but the dimensions almost seem prohibitive for space constraints around my monitors. I am curious if you may possibly have a similar setup and have solved the problem I have. Also curious about the connectivity from your PC to the P5s.

If anyone else has a setup like that, I would love to hear/see pics from you as well.

Thanks!

Evolution of My Theater Build

Speakers: Procella P8 (LCR), P6V (2 Front Side), P5 (2 Rear Side, 2 Rear, 4 Ceiling). Subs: Deep Sea Sound Custom 18" Mariana (4). Amps: Crown DCi 8|300 (2), SpeakerPower SP2-12000-HT. Processors: Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP-8080 (2). Video: JVC RS400, 2.37 Seymour AV 120" Enlightor 4K Screen, Kaleidescape Strato, Philips BDP7501. Control: iRule.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 635 Old 03-09-2020, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aareses View Post
Hey Gerben! I was thinking of listening to P5 in my office as well. How many P5 do you have in your office? How do you connect them to your PC? Any chance of a picture or description on how they are located in comparison to your monitors? I've been racking my brain trying to think of a way to use one or two P5s for my PC speakers, but the dimensions almost seem prohibitive for space constraints around my monitors. I am curious if you may possibly have a similar setup and have solved the problem I have. Also curious about the connectivity from your PC to the P5s.

If anyone else has a setup like that, I would love to hear/see pics from you as well.

Thanks!
Hi, I use a simple Yamaha AV receiver so I can play in 2.1 with a P15A, from my PC it is a USB3.0 output to a D/A converter, from there RCA analog output into the AV receiver, which does the bass management. Sounds brilliant! It really is studio quality audio and plenty loud as I only sit 1m away.
Aareses and ReTrOToo like this.
post #633 of 635 Old 03-19-2020, 09:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben Van Duyl View Post
Hi, I use a simple Yamaha AV receiver so I can play in 2.1 with a P15A, from my PC it is a USB3.0 output to a D/A converter, from there RCA analog output into the AV receiver, which does the bass management. Sounds brilliant! It really is studio quality audio and plenty loud as I only sit 1m away.
Thanks Gerben! How do you place your speakers and computer monitors together? Looking for ideas since my P5s and monitors are so big.

Evolution of My Theater Build

Speakers: Procella P8 (LCR), P6V (2 Front Side), P5 (2 Rear Side, 2 Rear, 4 Ceiling). Subs: Deep Sea Sound Custom 18" Mariana (4). Amps: Crown DCi 8|300 (2), SpeakerPower SP2-12000-HT. Processors: Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP-8080 (2). Video: JVC RS400, 2.37 Seymour AV 120" Enlightor 4K Screen, Kaleidescape Strato, Philips BDP7501. Control: iRule.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #634 of 635 Old 03-31-2020, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey, new here.

Been looking at a used set of P6 for LCR.
These will be used in a 5.2 setup, in my living room.
I do listen to music quite alot, and been thinking if I'll be missing some mid base with these P6 in stereo 2.2?
They will be paired with 2 Surrounds of MK SS150, and 2 home build subwoofers 15" which should be more or less equal to the earthquake supernova 15.

What is your thoughts on this?
post #635 of 635 Old 04-18-2020, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by grymok View Post
Hey, new here.

Been looking at a used set of P6 for LCR.
These will be used in a 5.2 setup, in my living room.
I do listen to music quite alot, and been thinking if I'll be missing some mid base with these P6 in stereo 2.2?
They will be paired with 2 Surrounds of MK SS150, and 2 home build subwoofers 15" which should be more or less equal to the earthquake supernova 15.
What is your thoughts on this?
Hi, sorry for delayed reply, it's been different out there, we are just getting back to normal here at the office.

I listen to P6V every day in my living room, in 2.1 with a P15A. Absolutely perfect! No lack of mid-bass at all, in fact, nice and dynamic, with studio quality clarity and detail. We listen to TV, movies and music on that system. I have it on for 16 hours per day, on days we are at home. Depending on your set-up your XO for bass management will be in the 70~100Hz range, most likely 80Hz. You will not regret getting them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Procella P6

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page