JBL Studio Series 5 - The Magic Guaranteed - Page 84 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 842Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2491 of 3077 Old 06-05-2019, 06:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
srw1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,909
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Mine shipped today too, although I never got a confirmation email.

Glad I pulled the trigger when I did; $150 for this speaker is a crazy stupid deal. Especially considering how much the used and refurbed speakers are going for.

I hope they come back in stock for anyone that missed out on the deal, but JBL's track record for supply and demand is highly erratic.

Scott
Lp85253 likes this.

srw1000 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2492 of 3077 Old 06-05-2019, 06:30 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 18,347
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3038 Post(s)
Liked: 2948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lp85253 View Post
they will probably be back soon ,, before summer's end .. and you know they'll have some this fall...i agree with your 1st thoughts on it.. that was too quick a sellout .. just a pimp job to get us fired up for a $600 re -intro sale soon...
They are testing the market -- and I think they got the message -- the JBL brand like Infinity goes on sale a lot -- but I have some former ADS CM60 speakers coming my way for now.
Lp85253 likes this.

----------------
Who AM I
zieglj01 is online now  
post #2493 of 3077 Old 06-05-2019, 06:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Jaurhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Orange County
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 230
I came back real quick to see if anybody else got the shipping notification, glad I'm not alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post
Now that my 530s are shipped, any suggestions for a wall mount with clamp grips that people recommend. I have wall mounts in my living room for my Kef Q100. But those are smaller speakers.
I'm going to use these: https://www.amazon.com/WALI-Clamping-Bookshelf-Surrounding-SWM201/dp/B01GUITK24 and strap the speaker to it with this: https://www.amazon.com/Cinch-Straps-.../dp/B0189VLJHO

I'm going to be using my 530's as height speakers, so I'll need to be able to safely angle them down without the falling out of the clamp mounts. They are tall (18") so I'm concerned that - without the strap - they will slowly ease out of the clamps.

Mr. Pibb > Dr. Pepper > Everything Else
7.1.4 - Marantz SR6011 - LG 77" C8 - JBL 530/580/590 - PSA S3000i + S3600i
Oppo 203 - PS4 - Xbox One S - Roku Ultra - Apple TV 4K
335 UHD and counting...
Jaurhead is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2494 of 3077 Old 06-05-2019, 06:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bommai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 5,420
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 203
I have similar looking mounts for my Kef Q100 in my living room. I guess I could mount the 530 in my living room and see how they look. I they fit, I wonder if I should just get the 520 and replace my Kefs. But I like the kefs too!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bommai is offline  
post #2495 of 3077 Old 06-05-2019, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Molon_Labe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,226
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3379 Post(s)
Liked: 4071
The supply and demand of the JBL 530 has taken it to a cult-like status within AV circles. I am sure that it is a good speaker, but I think their capability and performance may have become a bit over-inflated over the past two years after the supply dried up. The 570, which no one speaks of, was apparently Greg Timbers favorite of the family. Not surprising to me because I prefer the 580 over the 590 after spending several years with both. I would like to hear the 570s one day, but I don't know of anyone who actually owns a pair. Any 570 owners here? Either way, the 530 will be back again unless these were a random pallet in a warehouse that was found being leftovers from a previous manufacturing run. I doubt this is the case and presume JBL did another batch to measure consumer interest. Considering they sold out in a matter of days, I would say it is safe to assume there will be more.
Lp85253 and ctripp2448 like this.
Molon_Labe is online now  
post #2496 of 3077 Old 06-05-2019, 07:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 670
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
The supply and demand of the JBL 530 has taken it to a cult-like status within AV circles. I am sure that it is a good speaker, but I think their capability and performance may have become a bit over-inflated over the past two years after the supply dried up. The 570, which no one speaks of, was apparently Greg Timbers favorite of the family. Not surprising to me because I prefer the 580 over the 590 after spending several years with both. I would like to hear the 570s one day, but I don't know of anyone who actually owns a pair. Any 570 owners here? Either way, the 530 will be back again unless these were a random pallet in a warehouse that was found being leftovers from a previous manufacturing run. I doubt this is the case and presume JBL did another batch to measure consumer interest. Considering they sold out in a matter of days, I would say it is safe to assume there will be more.
They also sold out that quickly at half of list price with free shipping both ways. I assume that JBL is still making money on them but who knows if doing runs to sell most/all at that price is really worthwhile.
KSpan is online now  
post #2497 of 3077 Old 06-05-2019, 07:16 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ack_bk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 11,356
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1336 Post(s)
Liked: 1491
JBL/Harmon is owned by Samsung now, so it's hard to say what they are doing and why. I mean I'm not complaining about $300 per pair 530's and $469 per speaker 590's, but with free home trial and free shipping both ways it's a great deal and they likely could have sold both speakers for more money. It's a win win though for everyone and hopefully JBL will keep the 530's coming.
ack_bk is offline  
post #2498 of 3077 Old 06-05-2019, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4,302
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2066 Post(s)
Liked: 1720
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post
JBL/Harmon is owned by Samsung now, so it's hard to say what they are doing and why. I mean I'm not complaining about $300 per pair 530's and $469 per speaker 590's, but with free home trial and free shipping both ways it's a great deal and they likely could have sold both speakers for more money. It's a win win though for everyone and hopefully JBL will keep the 530's coming.
there would be *zero* reason to do a run, sell at 1/2 price a couple hundred pairs and then disappear into the night.. as a matter of fact , when you think about it , it would be stupid .. Ziegl called it .. a market test...

YAMAHA TSR 5790.. front l/r emotiva b1's and /or kef q100's ..BIC v1220.....Emotiva basx10.... ascend cbm 170 center.. polk t15 rears..samsung 55" j620d
bedroom .. YAMAHA r-xv 383... front l/r.. wharfedale 10.1s... ascend cbm 170 center ... Emotiva basx8... samsung ku6300 50 in
Lp85253 is online now  
post #2499 of 3077 Old 06-05-2019, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 18,347
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3038 Post(s)
Liked: 2948
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogonzalezzz View Post
my 530s also shipped
should i toe them in directly at mlp?
I toed mine in about 15 degrees -- test it both ways

Here is the manual
https://www.jbl.com/on/demandware.st...O530_OM_EN.pdf

----------------
Who AM I
zieglj01 is online now  
post #2500 of 3077 Old 06-05-2019, 08:24 PM
Senior Member
 
TommyDeVito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by srw1000 View Post
Mine shipped today too, although I never got a confirmation email.

Glad I pulled the trigger when I did; $150 for this speaker is a crazy stupid deal. Especially considering how much the used and refurbed speakers are going for.

I hope they come back in stock for anyone that missed out on the deal, but JBL's track record for supply and demand is highly erratic.

Scott
Check your spam/junk folder. I bet confirmation is in there. Ask me how I know?
TommyDeVito is offline  
post #2501 of 3077 Old 06-05-2019, 08:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogonzalezzz View Post
my 530s also shipped
should i toe them in directly at mlp?
I toed mine in about 15 degrees -- test it both ways

Here is the manual
https://www.jbl.com/on/demandware.st...O530_OM_EN.pdf
Hey Z,

What are your thoughts on the JBL 5 series compared to the Infinity Reference series?
Astray is offline  
post #2502 of 3077 Old 06-05-2019, 08:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
srw1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,909
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyDeVito View Post
Check your spam/junk folder. I bet confirmation is in there. Ask me how I know?
Yes, that was the first place I checked; nothing. Weird.

I was able to look up the order with my order number, though, so everything's fine.

srw1000 is online now  
post #2503 of 3077 Old 06-05-2019, 09:35 PM
Member
 
gt4viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astray View Post
Looking for some opinions, how do the Infinity Reference series compare to the Studio 5s?
Well I have the Studio 580’s and the Reference 162 bookshelf, so I cannot give apple to apples but here goes.

They both are very detailed, I cannot say for sure if one is more so than the other. The difference is in the presentation of sound, the studios do a much better job of separating the layers of sound into their on distinct space. When I go back and forth they both sound very good, it just seems like the 580’s are more “audiophile” because everything just seems to hang in space in a holographic way.

Both have high quality bass, the studio towers obviously going lower and louder. If I had never heard the studio series I would have no problem being content with the Infinity reference series, the infinity’s sound as good or better than any traditional dome tweeter speaker I’ve ever heard, including the Kef R300’s I tested for a few weeks. The R162 gave the Kefs a damn good run for their money, to the point I couldn’t justify the price gap ($200/pair vs $1,300/pair). And then for fun I fired up the 580’s which just stepped up and b!tch slapped both pairs silly in fun to listen factor, max volume and immersion.

Not knocking either bookshelf, their both very good. But the Studio series is just stupid, someone sold their soul for the magic pixie dust that goes into these things.

I love them so much that when I saw the 530’s in stock my heart skipped a beat, when I saw they were $299 a PAIR?!!!
(to quote Zreviews from YouTube) my wallet just shot the F&#% outta my pants and hit the screen! Needless to say I’m $600 poorer and I’ve never been happier. (Well except for paying for $535/pair for my 580’s.

P.S. if you have any specific questions about them let me know, I tend to get all worked up talking about my speakers
Lp85253 likes this.

The truth is like fertilizer, it’s crappy but it helps you grow...
gt4viper is offline  
post #2504 of 3077 Old 06-05-2019, 10:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt4viper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astray View Post
Looking for some opinions, how do the Infinity Reference series compare to the Studio 5s?
Well I have the Studio 580’s and the Reference 162 bookshelf, so I cannot give apple to apples but here goes.

They both are very detailed, I cannot say for sure if one is more so than the other. The difference is in the presentation of sound, the studios do a much better job of separating the layers of sound into their on distinct space. When I go back and forth they both sound very good, it just seems like the 580’s are more “audiophile” because everything just seems to hang in space in a holographic way.

Both have high quality bass, the studio towers obviously going lower and louder. If I had never heard the studio series I would have no problem being content with the Infinity reference series, the infinity’s sound as good or better than any traditional dome tweeter speaker I’ve ever heard, including the Kef R300’s I tested for a few weeks. The R162 gave the Kefs a damn good run for their money, to the point I couldn’t justify the price gap ($200/pair vs $1,300/pair). And then for fun I fired up the 580’s which just stepped up and b!tch slapped both pairs silly in fun to listen factor, max volume and immersion.

Not knocking either bookshelf, their both very good. But the Studio series is just stupid, someone sold their soul for the magic pixie dust that goes into these things.

I love them so much that when I saw the 530’s in stock my heart skipped a beat, when I saw they were $299 a PAIR?!!!
(to quote Zreviews from YouTube) my wallet just shot the F&#% outta my pants and hit the screen! Needless to say I’m $600 poorer and I’ve never been happier. (Well except for paying for $535/pair for my 580’s.

P.S. if you have any specific questions about them let me know, I tend to get all worked up talking about my speakers[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]
Than you for the information. So you haven't directly tested the R162s vs 530s yet? Either way, you have some glowing words for them. Next time they roll around on sale I'll at least pick up a pair for my desktop computer and compare them to my R162s. I was fortunate to pick up the R263s so I'll be able to compare the 590s at some point if I like those. It seems like I won't be able to get anything better for the price. The only problem I see having is that 530s seem to be the only speaker that could operate as a satellite but they're massive. I have 4 R152s and 4 R162 for 7.2.4 though in thinking of just doing 8 R152s. Mounting the 530s in the ceiling would be much harder than the R152s is gonna be. Maybe I should just not go near the 5 series so I don't get any crazy ideas haha.
Astray is offline  
post #2505 of 3077 Old 06-06-2019, 12:43 AM
Member
 
gt4viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astray View Post
Than you for the information. So you haven't directly tested the R162s vs 530s yet? Either way, you have some glowing words for them. Next time they roll around on sale I'll at least pick up a pair for my desktop computer and compare them to my R162s. I was fortunate to pick up the R263s so I'll be able to compare the 590s at some point if I like those. It seems like I won't be able to get anything better for the price. The only problem I see having is that 530s seem to be the only speaker that could operate as a satellite but they're massive. I have 4 R152s and 4 R162 for 7.2.4 though in thinking of just doing 8 R152s. Mounting the 530s in the ceiling would be much harder than the R152s is gonna be. Maybe I should just not go near the 5 series so I don't get any crazy ideas haha.
Nah the 530’s just shipped today, but they’re going head to head with the R162’s when they get here. My biggest worry’s are the lack of efficiency and the 5-1/4 woofer limiting volume. I seriously wanted R263’s, I would love to hear how they compare to the 162’s having that flat piston midrange. I’m sold on the compression tweeter/horn combo now, but sometimes I fire up those 162’s and think “man these things are really good, possibly unbeatable for the sales they go on.” Especially for home theater, I don’t think the 530’s are going to keep up with my volume needs, even as surrounds.
I may end up returning them and getting another set of 580’s for the rear channels.

If I was you and already had the 7.2.4 in the infinity reference series, I would call it good. Assuming you got them at the recent sale prices or close, you have an amazing setup for the money. Instead of switching series maybe upgrade to better subs? (No idea what you have now).

But for a music rig you may want to compare the 580’s/590’s to the R263. But ONLY if you feel your something missing or just got some money burning a hole in your pocket.

Shoot, which way was I recommending...

Right, summary. You have very good speakers, you don’t NEED new speakers. I could be very happy with what you have, even having had the studio series.

HOWEVER, if you would like a fresh new disease to suck money from your wallet, look no further. Yeah, I think that’s it...

The truth is like fertilizer, it’s crappy but it helps you grow...
gt4viper is offline  
post #2506 of 3077 Old 06-06-2019, 02:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt4viper View Post
Nah the 530’s just shipped today, but they’re going head to head with the R162’s when they get here. My biggest worry’s are the lack of efficiency and the 5-1/4 woofer limiting volume. I seriously wanted R263’s, I would love to hear how they compare to the 162’s having that flat piston midrange. I’m sold on the compression tweeter/horn combo now, but sometimes I fire up those 162’s and think “man these things are really good, possibly unbeatable for the sales they go on.” Especially for home theater, I don’t think the 530’s are going to keep up with my volume needs, even as surrounds.
I may end up returning them and getting another set of 580’s for the rear channels.

If I was you and already had the 7.2.4 in the infinity reference series, I would call it good. Assuming you got them at the recent sale prices or close, you have an amazing setup for the money. Instead of switching series maybe upgrade to better subs? (No idea what you have now).

But for a music rig you may want to compare the 580’s/590’s to the R263. But ONLY if you feel your something missing or just got some money burning a hole in your pocket.

Shoot, which way was I recommending...

Right, summary. You have very good speakers, you don’t NEED new speakers. I could be very happy with what you have, even having had the studio series.

HOWEVER, if you would like a fresh new disease to suck money from your wallet, look no further. Yeah, I think that’s it...
Fair enough, I still don't even have the setup done yet so I need to do that first before even looking at another set, especially one that would be difficult to complete in a proper 7.2.4 configuration.

I'm fortunate enough to have gotten a Denon 6400 so I'm not really worried about power considerations for speakers luckily.

As far as subwoofers go, I decided to pick up two 550Ps for $160 each as an intermediate before I go build my own subs since I enjoy doing that kind of work and it's the best bang for the buck.

I picked up the R263s for $540 (eBay, shipping was $160 alone), RC263 at $150, the x4 R162s for $320 and x4 R152s for $320 as well by using the 20-30% coupon codes they were giving out at the beginning of the year. A full Infinity Reference setup for ~$1300 w/o subs felt like quite the accomplishment haha.

Anyways, I'll look into the JBL 530s when they come back on sale again, at the very least so I have a decent pair of speakers for my desktop. Currently just using the Klipsch Promedia THX 2.1 system. Hopefully the 530s aren't so good that I'll want to upgrade for awhile.
Astray is offline  
post #2507 of 3077 Old 06-06-2019, 04:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bommai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 5,420
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 203
My 530 says shipped but UPS is saying it is waiting for the shipment. So I think JBL just took our tracking numbers for these shipments. Oh well. Hopefully they ship soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bommai is offline  
post #2508 of 3077 Old 06-06-2019, 04:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
marjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 1,270
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Damn the funny thing is this morning the 530 were not even on my radar. I debated about ordering them all day, then went to pull the trigger and they were gone. Now I feel like my theaters gonna suck because I missed out, lol.
marjen is offline  
post #2509 of 3077 Old 06-06-2019, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
marjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 1,270
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I guess now I need to decide if I am going to make a move for the 590s for the front LCR and hope the 530s are released again at some point.
marjen is offline  
post #2510 of 3077 Old 06-06-2019, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 18,347
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3038 Post(s)
Liked: 2948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astray View Post
Hey Z,

What are your thoughts on the JBL 5 series compared to the Infinity Reference series?
I can not answer that at this time -- but the JBL Studio 530 was nearly as good as the $1400 (list price) Boston VS260 speakers that I use to own

----------------
Who AM I
zieglj01 is online now  
post #2511 of 3077 Old 06-06-2019, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ack_bk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 11,356
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1336 Post(s)
Liked: 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjen View Post
I guess now I need to decide if I am going to make a move for the 590s for the front LCR and hope the 530s are released again at some point.
You have other options from JBL for surrounds that should work. I actually have my 590's paired with some of their pro series speakers for in-wall/in-ceiling duty. They use compression drivers and blend in very well with the 590's. So take a look across their product lines if you can't get the 530's I think even Studio 2 series would be fine too.
ack_bk is offline  
post #2512 of 3077 Old 06-06-2019, 08:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I was shocked as well when these popped back up. I figured these would never come back and I was not going to pay 800 used for a pair. I picked up a pair and it says it will be delivered tomorrow so very quick shipping to nc. This will be my first set of bookshelf speakers so i need some recommendations for stands that you guys have used. This pair completed my 7.1 studio setup so i am super happy I was able to grab them. These speakers can't be touched at these prices.
ctripp2448 is offline  
post #2513 of 3077 Old 06-06-2019, 08:53 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctripp2448 View Post
I was shocked as well when these popped back up. I figured these would never come back and I was not going to pay 800 used for a pair. I picked up a pair and it says it will be delivered tomorrow so very quick shipping to nc. This will be my first set of bookshelf speakers so i need some recommendations for stands that you guys have used. This pair completed my 7.1 studio setup so i am super happy I was able to grab them. These speakers can't be touched at these prices.
i will use these

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12281
ctripp2448 likes this.
mariogonzalezzz is offline  
post #2514 of 3077 Old 06-06-2019, 08:54 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astray View Post
Fair enough, I still don't even have the setup done yet so I need to do that first before even looking at another set, especially one that would be difficult to complete in a proper 7.2.4 configuration.

I'm fortunate enough to have gotten a Denon 6400 so I'm not really worried about power considerations for speakers luckily.

As far as subwoofers go, I decided to pick up two 550Ps for $160 each as an intermediate before I go build my own subs since I enjoy doing that kind of work and it's the best bang for the buck.

I picked up the R263s for $540 (eBay, shipping was $160 alone), RC263 at $150, the x4 R162s for $320 and x4 R152s for $320 as well by using the 20-30% coupon codes they were giving out at the beginning of the year. A full Infinity Reference setup for ~$1300 w/o subs felt like quite the accomplishment haha.

Anyways, I'll look into the JBL 530s when they come back on sale again, at the very least so I have a decent pair of speakers for my desktop. Currently just using the Klipsch Promedia THX 2.1 system. Hopefully the 530s aren't so good that I'll want to upgrade for awhile.
Be sure to come back and let us know what you think about the 550p subs. I was close to buying a pair of those as well for my little living room setup.
ctripp2448 is offline  
post #2515 of 3077 Old 06-06-2019, 09:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogonzalezzz View Post
Thanks for the link. They look nice and monoprice always has good quality stuff. The 530s will be used as rears so i will need a tall stand to get speakers above the back of the couch.
ctripp2448 is offline  
post #2516 of 3077 Old 06-06-2019, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4,302
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2066 Post(s)
Liked: 1720
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjen View Post
Damn the funny thing is this morning the 530 were not even on my radar. I debated about ordering them all day, then went to pull the trigger and they were gone. Now I feel like my theaters gonna suck because I missed out, lol.
don't sweat it .. they'll be back soon... even if not , there will be a comparable sale on something else in the same ballpark..

YAMAHA TSR 5790.. front l/r emotiva b1's and /or kef q100's ..BIC v1220.....Emotiva basx10.... ascend cbm 170 center.. polk t15 rears..samsung 55" j620d
bedroom .. YAMAHA r-xv 383... front l/r.. wharfedale 10.1s... ascend cbm 170 center ... Emotiva basx8... samsung ku6300 50 in
Lp85253 is online now  
post #2517 of 3077 Old 06-06-2019, 09:31 AM
Senior Member
 
JosephTonyStark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctripp2448 View Post
I was shocked as well when these popped back up. I figured these would never come back and I was not going to pay 800 used for a pair. I picked up a pair and it says it will be delivered tomorrow so very quick shipping to nc. This will be my first set of bookshelf speakers so i need some recommendations for stands that you guys have used. This pair completed my 7.1 studio setup so i am super happy I was able to grab them. These speakers can't be touched at these prices.
What are you using as fronts\surrounds?

TV: Samsung 65" UHD LED | Sources: PS4; Panasonic DMP-BT460; LG UB870; Dell 7010 SFF; Roku Ultra | AVP: Marantz AV8802A | Amps: Emotiva XPA-1L\100 (LR\C); Outlaw Audio 7125 | Front LR\C: JBL Studio 590\Studio 520C | Surrounds: JBL P520WS | Subs: PSA S1801 | Heights: JBL Pro Control CRV (2)
JosephTonyStark is offline  
post #2518 of 3077 Old 06-06-2019, 11:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephTonyStark View Post
What are you using as fronts\surrounds?
590s for LCR and LR surround. Currently using the 520c as center until I get AT screen so i can place the 590 as center as well.
JosephTonyStark likes this.
ctripp2448 is offline  
post #2519 of 3077 Old 06-06-2019, 11:10 AM
Senior Member
 
JosephTonyStark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctripp2448 View Post
590s for LCR and LR surround. Currently using the 520c as center until I get AT screen so i can place the 590 as center as well.
Very nice. That's going to sound so good.

TV: Samsung 65" UHD LED | Sources: PS4; Panasonic DMP-BT460; LG UB870; Dell 7010 SFF; Roku Ultra | AVP: Marantz AV8802A | Amps: Emotiva XPA-1L\100 (LR\C); Outlaw Audio 7125 | Front LR\C: JBL Studio 590\Studio 520C | Surrounds: JBL P520WS | Subs: PSA S1801 | Heights: JBL Pro Control CRV (2)
JosephTonyStark is offline  
post #2520 of 3077 Old 06-06-2019, 02:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephTonyStark View Post
Very nice. That's going to sound so good.
Yes sir I am ready to get everything hooked up and get my acoustic panels up. How does your 590s sound on the emotiva amp? I have been looking at outlaw and monoprice monolith amps whenever i decide to upgrade my avr.
ctripp2448 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off