**The Official Chane Music and Cinema owner's thread** - Page 117 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7246Likes

post #3481 of 4699 Old 10-05-2018, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post
Speaker stands.

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3482 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hey guys, I took delivery of my 5.4s, 2.4s, and 1.4s this past Monday and got a chance to set them up. I ran the speakers all day while i was at work to start the break-in process but may need to give them more time to get to their full potential.

My question is about the mid-bass performance of the 5.4 - has anyone had any issues filling a larger-sized room with these? I was hoping for a little bit more chest thump than what i'm currently getting.

For reference, my room is 18x38 long and the tv, center, and fronts are along the front 18' portion of the room. The listening position is about 14 feet away from the TV and there is a little hallway leading to a room on one end. I have a Denon AVR-3200W and an Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX sub in a less-than-optimal position but it still works OK. My Audyssey setup put the crossovers at 40hz and the sub at 100 and it's LFE (not LFE + main).

The speakers sound great other than the lacking mid-bass chest-thump that I have been craving. I have them toed in a few degrees if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
post #3483 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1464 Post(s)
Liked: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by homwerk View Post
Hey guys, I took delivery of my 5.4s, 2.4s, and 1.4s this past Monday and got a chance to set them up. I ran the speakers all day while i was at work to start the break-in process but may need to give them more time to get to their full potential.

My question is about the mid-bass performance of the 5.4 - has anyone had any issues filling a larger-sized room with these? I was hoping for a little bit more chest thump than what i'm currently getting.

For reference, my room is 18x38 long and the tv, center, and fronts are along the front 18' portion of the room. The listening position is about 14 feet away from the TV and there is a little hallway leading to a room on one end. I have a Denon AVR-3200W and an Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX sub in a less-than-optimal position but it still works OK. My Audyssey setup put the crossovers at 40hz and the sub at 100 and it's LFE (not LFE + main).

The speakers sound great other than the lacking mid-bass chest-thump that I have been craving. I have them toed in a few degrees if that helps.

I would try two things. First play with your speaker cross-over settings. Assuming you left the port plugs out try bumping up to 60/70/80Hz on your front three and see if you hear any improvement trying all three settings. Also 14 feet for your MLP is pretty good but is closing in on the half way point of the long wall. Try moving (if you can) your MLP a foot or two and see if there is better responds. You want to avoid half way. Usually 1/3 or 2/3 of the long wall approx is recommended.

That is a large room, 5500^3 if eight foot ceilings. So imo you will need help from your sub unless you have loads of power for the mains.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.

Last edited by indebtbassfreak; 10-10-2018 at 03:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3484 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 1366 Post(s)
Liked: 1563
Quote:

As @indebtbassfreak said, set the speakers to a higher crossover, probably 80. Also, a lot has to do with what format of music you are playing, songs etc...Listening to Pandora I get mixed bass and dynamics with every song as the imprint is different on how it plays across Pandora.
I would play a few Bass Heavy movies like PLayer One, Rampage. But, this is why ppl state in Home Theatre the Center & SUbs most important.
Let them break in 40 hrs, give them a pretty good amount of juice, play "dance party" station on Pandora, you will start hearing some decent mid/low bass Im sure.

Set up #1 Speakers LR: Tekton Enzo XL ; Center: Tekton Pendragon Subs (2) 2019 JTR 118HTs
Set up #2 : QA3020i LR, Center: Emotiva C1 Subs (2) HSU VTF2 MK5,
post #3485 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indebtbassfreak View Post
I would try two things. First play with your speaker cross-over settings. Assuming you left the port plugs out try bumping up to 60/70/80Hz on your front three and see if you hear any improvement trying all three settings. Also 14 feet for your MLP is pretty good but is closing in on the half way point of the long wall. Try moving (if you can) your MLP a foot or two and see if there is better responds. You want to avoid half way. Usually 1/3 or 2/3 of the long wall approx is recommended.

That is a large room, 5500^3 if eight foot ceilings. So imo you will need help from your sub unless you have loads of power for the mains.
Making sure I am understanding correctly - you are suggesting I try moving the couches up a few feet so that they are in the 1/3 region of the length of the room? I can definitely try that.

Also, I first had the ports plugged on the 5.4s but wanted a little more extension so I pulled them. I should also clarify that I'm not 100% sure if I'm supposed to be getting that mid-bass thump from my Chanes or my sub, so there is that.

I'm also not opposed to a subwoofer upgrade. I have two small kids so I'd prefer something that was down firing like my LFM-1 EX is (maybe a PSA 15"?).

And you're correct on the 8' ceiling so I'm playing with 5,000+ of space. And it opens up slightly, through a small hallway, to another 15x17 front room. This is all running from my Denon AVR-3200W which is probably pushing about 70-80watts to the fronts while in 5.1 config. I could also look into another receiver or even an Outlaw 5000 amp if that helps. No problem I can't fix by throwing money at, right?!
BufordTJustice likes this.
post #3486 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpk1970 View Post
As @indebtbassfreak said, set the speakers to a higher crossover, probably 80. Also, a lot has to do with what format of music you are playing, songs etc...Listening to Pandora I get mixed bass and dynamics with every song as the imprint is different on how it plays across Pandora.
I would play a few Bass Heavy movies like PLayer One, Rampage. But, this is why ppl state in Home Theatre the Center & SUbs most important.
Let them break in 40 hrs, give them a pretty good amount of juice, play "dance party" station on Pandora, you will start hearing some decent mid/low bass Im sure.
We are mostly using this for Home Theater - Moana if my 3 year old has a say - but we do enjoy our dance parties. I will try to have a few late-night sessions with the kids and see if they will help me put more hours on the speakers. So far they have about 10 hours in on the break-in process.

I was closely following your other comparison thread where you pitted up the Chane 2.4s vs the T2s and (and other brands) and that was very informative and a great writeup. I'm sure I'm not the only lurker who is very appreciative of the comparisons you guys do. So thanks from all of us!

With that out of the way, why would setting the crossover on teh speakers to 80 when they can play lower make a difference? I'm not sure I understand the technical side of it. I would have figured setting the crossover lower would net me more overall umph.
BufordTJustice and mpk1970 like this.
post #3487 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
We are mostly using this for Home Theater - Moana if my 3 year old has a say - but we do enjoy our dance parties. I will try to have a few late-night sessions with the kids and see if they will help me put more hours on the speakers. So far they have about 10 hours in on the break-in process.

I was closely following your other comparison thread where you pitted up the Chane 2.4s vs the T2s and (and other brands) and that was very informative and a great writeup. I'm sure I'm not the only lurker who is very appreciative of the comparisons you guys do. So thanks from all of us!

With that out of the way, why would setting the crossover on teh speakers to 80 when they can play lower make a difference? I'm not sure I understand the technical side of it. I would have figured setting the crossover lower would net me more overall umph.

It will net more if your amps can drive it but the lower you go the more power needed for the same volume. Anyway definitely give them some hours and rerun audyssey. I ran mine again after a week and once more two weeks after that. We have the system on a lot between my wife being off on different days than me etc so I can easily burn through 30-40 hours in some weeks. I estimate I had at least 60 hours on everything before running the final audyssey cal.

On top of that the center had already been run during a week demo where I did put at least 40 on it before deciding to fill out the rest is the channels with more Chane stuff. There was a visible difference in the correction graphs between new and many hours on them. Also audible and not just me getting used to it since most of the break in period on the center was without me in the room. I know break in is controversial (I was a doubter myself) but the Chane technology definitely seems to exhibit a break in behavior in my amateur opinion.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Pansonic TC-P60VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Arris MX011ANM (Xfinity X1) | Apple TV 4K
post #3488 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 04:07 PM

Thanks for the help on the speakers, guys. I will try putting some more time on them, setting the xover at 80, and shorten the listening position by 1-2' and report back. Maybe I'll go through the sub-crawl again and see if I can find a better spot for my sub. I'm planning an upgrade for between now and Black Friday timeframe if anyone has any suggestions on what to match the Chane's with.
post #3489 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Making sure I am understanding correctly - you are suggesting I try moving the couches up a few feet so that they are in the 1/3 region of the length of the room? I can definitely try that.

Also, I first had the ports plugged on the 5.4s but wanted a little more extension so I pulled them. I should also clarify that I'm not 100% sure if I'm supposed to be getting that mid-bass thump from my Chanes or my sub, so there is that.

I'm also not opposed to a subwoofer upgrade. I have two small kids so I'd prefer something that was down firing like my LFM-1 EX is (maybe a PSA 15"?).

And you're correct on the 8' ceiling so I'm playing with 5,000+ of space. And it opens up slightly, through a small hallway, to another 15x17 front room. This is all running from my Denon AVR-3200W which is probably pushing about 70-80watts to the fronts while in 5.1 config. I could also look into another receiver or even an Outlaw 5000 amp if that helps. No problem I can't fix by throwing money at, right?!
The more power the better but i dont want to promote a huge rabbit hole for you. Also by setting your speakers to say 80Hz, you will be directing more midbass to your sub(s).

Yes move your MLP a foot at a time and play the same few good demo material until it sounds more impactful, if you have a decibel meter take measurements to back it up. MLP position is just as important as speaker and sub position in any room layout. takes some trial and error.

Been such a big room you would need lots of power and very capable mains to get midbass slam from them, or a pair of capable subs to take the load which is what most due. A pair of PSA down firing ported15's would help a lot.
BufordTJustice and Madmax67 like this.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R

Last edited by indebtbassfreak; 10-10-2018 at 04:40 PM.
post #3490 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 988
Quote:
Thanks for the help on the speakers, guys. I will try putting some more time on them, setting the xover at 80, and shorten the listening position by 1-2' and report back. Maybe I'll go through the sub-crawl again and see if I can find a better spot for my sub. I'm planning an upgrade for between now and Black Friday timeframe if anyone has any suggestions on what to match the Chane's with.
Since you have a preference for down firing subwoofers with the kids, I think the PSA V1510DF would be a good option. I would recommend the ported over the sealed since you are in a rather large space. You will definitely "feel" the bass a lot more with the crossover set higher and a dedicated subwoofer handling more of the low end. The Chane speakers punch well above their size, but they are still 5.25" drivers and simply can't match what a 15" subwoofer can do. I have Chane A2.4 and a pair of PSA V1500 with a 80hz crossover in a 5000 cu/ft room and have plenty of chest slam, especially with one of the subs directly behind the MLP.

Electronics: Denon X4400, Vizio M65
Sub: PSA TV36-iPal
Speakers: 3 x Chane A2.4 LCR, Klipsch Quintet Surrounds
post #3491 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 04:46 PM

Would you guys consider my room too big for two of the SVS PC-2000's? I like the look of the cylinders but don't know if they will have enough umph for how much volume I have.

If it matters, this setup is a 3-year setup, as we are going to be adding on to this room making sound even more impossible.
post #3492 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Great advice by the last couple posters. Unless you have the outlaw amp it takes way more power and strain on an average avr to push mains down to 40Hz or less if their capable. Let capable subs handle that load. Crossing over your speakers at 80Hz doesn't mean their not producing below that, they will roll off depending on slope down to 50/60Hz. Now this is beyond my expertise to explain in technical detail but it just means less strain on your avr and more work load to subs built for that load.

If you really want all the info you can use,,, check our Mikes thread (guid to subwoofer calibration and bass preference) in the subwoofer home page. He spent a lot of time and work sharing his knowledge which would be beneficial to most.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R

Last edited by indebtbassfreak; 10-10-2018 at 05:03 PM.
post #3493 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Would you guys consider my room too big for two of the SVS PC-2000's? I like the look of the cylinders but don't know if they will have enough umph for how much volume I have.

If it matters, this setup is a 3-year setup, as we are going to be adding on to this room making sound even more impossible.
In my opinion, you get a lot more value for the dollar with other internet direct sub companies. Not that SVS has a bad product, just that for similar money you can generally get a better performing subwoofer. Also, the PC-2000 might have placement issues if you determine that things sound best with a subwoofer near field next to the sofa. With subwoofers, placement is critical to achieve the best response as the room as a huge impact on the sound.

post #3494 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Great advice by the last couple posters. Unless you have the outlaw amp it takes way more power and strain on an average avr to push mains down to 40Hz or less if their capable. Let capable subs handle that load. Crossing over your speakers at 80Hz doesn't mean their not producing below that, they will roll off depending on slope down to 50/60Hz. Now this is beyond my expertise to explain in technical detail but it just means less strain on your avr and more work load to subs built for that load.

If you really want all the info you can use,,, check our Mikes thread (guid to subwoofer calibration and bass preference) in the subwoofer home page. He spent a lot of time and work sharing his knowledge which would be beneficial to most.
Makes perfect sense. Sounds like, along with the recommendations of everyone, it might be worth re-visiting my sub situation. Either for an upgrade or at least doing another sub crawl after I move my my listening position. I could probably sell my 2 sets of KEF Q100s and put that towards a sub upgrade!
post #3495 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 05:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Makes perfect sense. Sounds like, along with the recommendations of everyone, it might be worth re-visiting my sub situation. Either for an upgrade or at least doing another sub crawl after I move my my listening position. I could probably sell my 2 sets of KEF Q100s and put that towards a sub upgrade!
In a room that size, sub investment (good capable subs) and proper integration will pay the most dividends.
BufordTJustice and mpk1970 like this.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
post #3496 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 05:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Get these subs, very good value without breaking the bank. You have a large room, very similar to mine. For reference, I have JTR 118HT subs which were roughly $3K.
However, HSU subs are very good value.

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-3mk5HPDual.html

$1700 for 2 of the VTF3

OR

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-2mk5.html

$1200 for 2 of the VTF2

@chucks0 recommended PSA V1510DF
https://www.powersoundaudio.com/products/V1510DF

Little more expensive but PSA have good products. Which ever, make sure you buy 2 so that you are "done" with having to do any upgrades/buying.

Set up #1 Speakers LR: Tekton Enzo XL ; Center: Tekton Pendragon Subs (2) 2019 JTR 118HTs
post #3497 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 05:17 PM

One advantage to PSA over HSU and one of the reasons I decided to spend a little more is that they have a "trade up" program in case your needs change in the future. The HSU subs do have an unbeatable value proposition though.

post #3498 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpk1970 View Post
Get these subs, very good value without breaking the bank. You have a large room, very similar to mine. For reference, I have JTR 118HT subs which were roughly $3K.
However, HSU subs are very good value.

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-3mk5HPDual.html

$1700 for 2 of the VTF3

OR

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-2mk5.html

$1200 for 2 of the VTF2

@chucks0 recommended PSA V1510DF
https://www.powersoundaudio.com/products/V1510DF

Little more expensive but PSA have good products. Which ever, make sure you buy 2 so that you are "done" with having to do any upgrades/buying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucks0 View Post
One advantage to PSA over HSU and one of the reasons I decided to spend a little more is that they have a "trade up" program in case your needs change in the future. The HSU subs do have an unbeatable value proposition though.
I really like the HSU, and I'm in California for an easy pickup, but I'm afraid of going with a front-facing sub because of dogs and my young kids. I'd much prefer a down-firing to avoid having to worry about any woofer damage. I really like the look of the cylinder subs from SVS, but sounds like the PSA might be petter performance over the PC-2000 for the price.

Thanks for the help, guys. And sorry Jon Lane for derailing this thread off of the Chane subject.
post #3499 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I really like the HSU, and I'm in California for an easy pickup, but I'm afraid of going with a front-facing sub because of dogs and my young kids. I'd much prefer a down-firing to avoid having to worry about any woofer damage. I really like the look of the cylinder subs from SVS, but sounds like the PSA might be petter performance over the PC-2000 for the price.

Thanks for the help, guys. And sorry Jon Lane for derailing this thread off of the Chane subject.
I wouldn't consider you derailing this thread at all. You just received all your (chane) speakers and were inquiring about results and set up. All good imo.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
post #3500 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 208
I have a 40x20 and when I cranked my SR120 my A5 did well but I eventually wanted more. They never had super strong mid-bass in that room but they have always been very balanced to my liking. In a smaller room they'd do better of course but your definition of strong mid-bass may be different than others. If you have a healthy AVR you might be able to tweak the setting but I run my EQ flat and I"m pleased. Also on the AVR, switching from a Denon and going to my SR120 made a very noticeable difference in SQ. Good luck.

AVR = Sherbourn SR-120
Speakers = 2 Arx/Chane towers(5.1), dual Arx bookshelves(1.1) as center duty +LR/RR
Subs = Dual JTR 2400's
For sale = JTR 218HT captivator https://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-a...l#post58490876
post #3501 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 208
and I hope this finds @Jon Lane and @BufordTJustice safe out in the land of hurricanes.

AVR = Sherbourn SR-120
Speakers = 2 Arx/Chane towers(5.1), dual Arx bookshelves(1.1) as center duty +LR/RR
Subs = Dual JTR 2400's
For sale = JTR 218HT captivator https://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-a...l#post58490876
post #3502 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Hi. I have 5 chane 2.4's on the way for my 5.1 surround set up. do i have to break them in one at a time or can i do them all at once? basically it is just plugging them in and letting them run all day? i have never had a nicer set of speakers and never even heard of breaking in a speaker. if i dont do this process will they break in on their own eventually? do you have to break in subs too?

thanks
post #3503 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Does Chane do coupon codes very often? Im really in need of an upgrade to match with my new Denon X1400H and LG OLED but the A1.4/2.4 is bit out of my budget even with the bundle pricing.
post #3504 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 11:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustproofcorn View Post
Hi. I have 5 chane 2.4's on the way for my 5.1 surround set up. do i have to break them in one at a time or can i do them all at once? basically it is just plugging them in and letting them run all day? i have never had a nicer set of speakers and never even heard of breaking in a speaker. if i dont do this process will they break in on their own eventually? do you have to break in subs too?

thanks
Some don't believe there's a break in period in speakers, but there seems to be a consensus the chanes do open up and improve with some use. Just use your speakers normally and if break in does improve you may notice within a few weeks of moderate use. Enjoy!!

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
post #3505 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 11:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiggyjk View Post
Does Chane do coupon codes very often? Im really in need of an upgrade to match with my new Denon X1400H and LG OLED but the A1.4/2.4 is bit out of my budget even with the bundle pricing.
Bundle pricing?????? I have seven Chanes on the way,,, no bundle pricing i'm aware of,,, huh.
mpk1970 likes this.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
post #3506 of 4699 Old 10-10-2018, 11:51 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustproofcorn View Post

thanks
Sweet, we're excited for your setup!

Not one at a time, just play all speakers together. You can find various "methods," but your speakers will break in naturally through use, too. Definitely don't stress about it.

If you'd like to speed up the break in, sure, leave them playing all day. Another way, perhaps a bit faster, is playing noise (Archive.org download) to send a more full signal. I cycled brown and pink noise for a few hours on mine, but nothing too crazy (edit - in case unclear, avoid white for break in). Generally, I think nothing too loud at first would be better.

Or just use them as you would and they will break in just fine. Have fun!

Chane A2.4 | Adcom GFA-6002 | Yamaha WXC-50

Last edited by Fifty-Fifty; 10-11-2018 at 12:48 AM.
post #3507 of 4699 Old 10-11-2018, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Bundle pricing?????? I have seven Chanes on the way,,, no bundle pricing i'm aware of,,, huh.
there are a few bundles. it depends on your configuration. i ordered 5 2.4's which had a 108 dollar discount if you buy 3 or more.
post #3508 of 4699 Old 10-11-2018, 07:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiggyjk View Post
Speakers in the $300 - $500 range normally don't go on sale, Chane's dont have sales.
I would just save up until you can afford.
Some companies may offer $20-$30 off their "refurbished" speakers but that's once in a blue moon.

post #3509 of 4699 Old 10-11-2018, 07:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlifter405 View Post
and I hope this finds @Jon Lane and @BufordTJustice safe out in the land of hurricanes.
Very kind of you, Mr. Lifter. This one spun around us - the only effects here were the docks at the marina awash with the tide. The folks up in the panhandle weren't so lucky. Makes you shudder to think of it.

There's always a substantial relief effort on tap. Millions of units of water and MREs, hundreds of local and federal responders, squads of powerline techs, and scores of troopers from all over the state come streaming in. Still, it's an awesome force of nature and lives are changed...

Chane Music & Cinema
Need advice? Avoid speculation; for solid referrals seek out real users.

Last edited by Jon Lane; 10-11-2018 at 07:46 AM.
post #3510 of 4699 Old 10-11-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Lane View Post
Very kind of you, Mr. Lifter. This one spun around us - the only effects here were the docks at the marina awash with the tide. The folks up in the panhandle weren't so lucky. Makes you shudder to think of it.

There's always a substantial relief effort on tap. Hundreds of thousands of units of water and MREs, local and federal responders, and scores of troopers from all over the state come streaming in. Still, it's an awesome force of nature and lives are changed...
The remnants of the eye are passing through us in Columbia now and it is amazing how much energy this thing still has after crossing so much land. I lived in Myrtle Beach for 26 years and am no stranger to hurricanes, but this one held together more than any I can remember.
BufordTJustice and yanks1 like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
a1.4 , a2.4 , a5.4 , chane , l-series

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page