**The Official Chane Music and Cinema owner's thread** - Page 119 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7330Likes

post #3541 of 4758 Old 10-14-2018, 08:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2307 Post(s)
Liked: 2603
Quote:
Originally Posted by snilakan View Post
Hi guys, I recently got a pair of A2.4s. Great speakers. I wanted to get a sub to pair them with. Budget $600, max 700 if really necessary. Which sub would you recommend? I've read great things about SVS SB-1000. The SVS subwoofer matching tool tells me PB-2000 or SB-2000 is good for these speakers.

My use: 95% music/5% movie in a 16' x 13' room that is crowded with furniture (unfortunately). The A2.4s will be 1ft away from the wall and my listening position is approx 9-10 ft. I'm not about chest-thumping bass, but I discovered recently that I do like a bit of "extra" punch on the low end.
I second the Rythmik LVX12 recommend or this ported variable tuned HSU for $607 shipped.

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-2mk5.html

A ported sub will have more output at the port tuning frequency and both Rythmik and HSU prioritize music even in their ported models with varying extension settings,direct servo design(Rythmik only) or port plugging options. Otherwise in a small to medium sized space (under 3000 cubic feet sealed) listening to mostly music a good sealed subwoofer should work also.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html

Last edited by Madmax67; 10-14-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3542 of 4758 Old 10-14-2018, 08:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks! A little bit of searching seems to indicate Rythmik and HSU both have options that are better !/$ than SVS. Its between Rythmik L12 and HSU VTF-2MK5 as they fit within the mentioned budget. I'm reluctant to try both and return one because of time and $ constraints. I might convince myself to do it anyway. In the meantime, would you all recommend one over the other or are they basically comparable?
What's the total cubic feet of your space and is it sealed or open to other spaces? If open to other spaces what's the total cubic feet of that other open space?

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #3543 of 4758 Old 10-14-2018, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I live in Portland, OR so I can't pick up either locally. I am leaning toward the Rythmik L12 as it also fits in my space; the VTF-2MK5 and VTF-1MK3 are fairly big in comparison. If I don't like the Rythmiks (which seems unlikely from what you guys are saying), I'll probably return them and try either the VTF-1 MK3.

I don't run things at super high volumes and I live in an apartment, so I don't think raw output is a big criterion for me.

Thanks guys, I'll report back with my thoughts.
BufordTJustice likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3544 of 4758 Old 10-14-2018, 10:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2100 Post(s)
Liked: 4253
Quote:
I live in Portland, OR so I can't pick up either locally. I am leaning toward the Rythmik L12 as it also fits in my space; the VTF-2MK5 and VTF-1MK3 are fairly big in comparison. If I don't like the Rythmiks (which seems unlikely from what you guys are saying), I'll probably return them and try either the VTF-1 MK3.

I don't run things at super high volumes and I live in an apartment, so I don't think raw output is a big criterion for me.

Thanks guys, I'll report back with my thoughts.
Remember to play them for a while to get used to them. Don't make a snap judgment based on a few minutes. It took me about 10 hours for me to adjust to the different sound signature between my SVS and my Rythmik, and I ended up being very happy with my choice. While my SVS were great, I do like the slightly better detail of the Rythmiks. For $400 each, the SVS SB12-NSD were definitely good for the money, but they currently aren't available, although SVS seems to bring them back every year for the Christmas season.
post #3545 of 4758 Old 10-14-2018, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
What's the total cubic feet of your space and is it sealed or open to other spaces? If open to other spaces what's the total cubic feet of that other open space?

The space I mentioned is the living area and it is open to the kitchen like @padu86 's space. The whole space is 26' x 13' x 8' = 2704 ft^3. My wife doesn't prefer a huge subwoofer in addition to the huge A2.4s. That is a consideration that I didn't realize until I had that conversation 1 hour ago. The HSUs seem bigger in general so maybe the VTF-1 MK3 might work better, were I to go the HSU route.

Does the A2.4 pair better with a particular type of subwoofer or is that not a consideration? Should I go the ported route if I really only care about the fidelity of music? Remember, I only have a stereo set up and am not planning to get a center channel....maybe 5-6 years down the line, I'll consider a center and surround.
post #3546 of 4758 Old 10-14-2018, 10:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The space I mentioned is the living area and it is open to the kitchen like @padu86 's space. The whole space is 26' x 13' x 8' = 2704 ft^3. My wife doesn't prefer a huge subwoofer in addition to the huge A2.4s. That is a consideration that I didn't realize until I had that conversation 1 hour ago. The HSUs seem bigger in general so maybe the VTF-1 MK3 might work better, were I to go the HSU route.

Does the A2.4 pair better with a particular type of subwoofer or is that not a consideration? Should I go the ported route if I really only care about the fidelity of music? Remember, I only have a stereo set up and am not planning to get a center channel....maybe 5-6 years down the line, I'll consider a center and surround.
Got it. My space is around 1044 cubic foot and totally sealed and I have dual Rythmik LV12R's with a Chane A5/A2.4 front soundstage but my HT/movie watching to music percentage is probably flipped the opposite of yours. However when I do listen to music (satellite/USB/SACD hybrid/DVD-A/Blu ray multi channel) the ported sub's integrate very well IMO. With size as a WAF the VTF-1 MK3 should check all of your boxes and just missed getting "Bassaholic certified" for a large room by a few dB.

https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofe...mk3/conclusion

post #3547 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
So I'm a little confused about what Audyssey is doing with my 2.4 as a center channel now that I have everything installed vs. when I ran it for a week (about 40 hours) as a center channel before. I have it in a custom built entertainment unit. The 2.4 in the center is about 22" off the ground, in an 8x30 opening (about 18" deep) and is angled up using a couple 3/16's wood shims placed about 1/3'rd back from the front. The front (actual not including the grill) is about 1/2-3/4" protruding from the entire unit. When I run Audyssey it's boosting the mid bass and the highs noticeably compared to my demo time. The only difference is the demo I had it sitting in front of where the entertainment unit on top of a cinder block with a foam pad on top and again with the same kind of shims to angle it up. Similar height/etc.

The two I'm using as L/R mains sitting vertically on top of the unit which sits in a cubby hole are giving similar correction graphs to what I originally got from the center during the demo time. I'm really kind of confused since I'd especially have thought that if the unit was contributing any sound to it that it would be boosting bass/etc but because Audyssey seems to be boosting those frequencies instead of cutting them I guess that can't be the case. Apparently I designed the opening tighter than I should have as well so I can't use one of the foam isolation wedge things to see if that will help. Anyone have any advice? I'm attaching a pre_install image of the correction graph from the demo setup vs. the installed graph. Oh, both are run with port plugs in.

I'm just not a fan of Audyssey. I hate additive EQ with vigor. Can you keep the timing/distance corrections while muting the EQ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mpk1970 likes this.

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
post #3548 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
Thanks! A little bit of searching seems to indicate Rythmik and HSU both have options that are better !/$ than SVS. Its between Rythmik L12 and HSU VTF-2MK5 as they fit within the mentioned budget. I'm reluctant to try both and return one because of time and $ constraints. I might convince myself to do it anyway. In the meantime, would you all recommend one over the other or are they basically comparable?

I have owned several HSU subs and have heard a Rhythmik FV-15HP. I can heartily rec either of them. HSU punches a little deeper into the value category and Rhythmik has some top line models that reach above the ULS/VTF-15H models. Excellent companies with products that make musical bass.

Madmax67 likes this.

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
post #3549 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucks0 View Post
I don't have any personal experience with either sub, but both are well regarded in the forums at that price point. The Rhythmic subs are a little different in that they use Servo drivers. You can read about the benefits on their website, but I would imagine that it would have an advantage in a primarily music setup.

I really don't think there is a bad choice with any of the big internet direct companies (HSU, PSA, Rhythmic, JTR, Seaton, etc). It really comes down to personal preferences. In my case, I am in a rather large space which warrants larger subwoofers to achieve the desired result.

Correct. HSU also uses a special tech which is the VTF-15H is actually a 6th order vented design.... which more efficiently recovers the back wave of the driver while reducing its impact on phase/group delay.

Not a wrong answer between them.

powerlifter405 and Madmax67 like this.

post #3550 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
I'm just not a fan of Audyssey. I hate additive EQ with vigor. Can you keep the timing/distance corrections while muting the EQ?

I think so, worst case I just have to capture the settings and go back and manually enter them.  I might try that but my room is also just a living room without room treatments so it might not sound right with "room corrections" off.  I think I'm mainly trying to figure out why the correction changed so much with the different mounting.  Like I said I have the speaker extending at least 1/2" or more from the front of the unit but maybe that's not enough.  I just also would have expected any boosts (like when you stick a sub in a corner) would be to bass frequencies but it seems to be boost both bass and treble vs my demo setup.  Of course the demo setup also put it about 12-15" closer to the listening area so maybe that has something to do with it as well.   Maybe I should pull it out, put it on the cinder block again, and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Pansonic TC-P60VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Arris MX011ANM (Xfinity X1) | Apple TV 4K
post #3551 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Also just to be clear those graphs I posted are the room correction graphs. The Dynamic EQ is a whole separate setting

Pansonic TC-P60VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Arris MX011ANM (Xfinity X1) | Apple TV 4K
post #3552 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 12:31 PM

Thank you so much for the recs guys! Really do appreciate it. I ordered the Rythmik L12 due to the WAF. If that ends up being underwhelming, I'll figure out one of the recommended ported subs.
post #3553 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9349 Post(s)
Liked: 6440
Quote:
This is a very interesting thread on a guy who bought and loved his LV12r but thought it was lacking "something" for music so he bought an L12 for a room of similar size to your own.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...nd-500ish.html

Full disclosure, I've been a sealed servo sub junkie since the late 80's.
BufordTJustice and snilakan like this.

Geoff A. J., California
post #3554 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
I think so, worst case I just have to capture the settings and go back and manually enter them.  I might try that but my room is also just a living room without room treatments so it might not sound right with "room corrections" off.  I think I'm mainly trying to figure out why the correction changed so much with the different mounting.  Like I said I have the speaker extending at least 1/2" or more from the front of the unit but maybe that's not enough.  I just also would have expected any boosts (like when you stick a sub in a corner) would be to bass frequencies but it seems to be boost both bass and treble vs my demo setup.  Of course the demo setup also put it about 12-15" closer to the listening area so maybe that has something to do with it as well.   Maybe I should pull it out, put it on the cinder block again, and see what happens.

How are you mounting the measurement microphone? If it's not an articulated mic stand, that could be part of the issue. Proximity effect could be playing an issue here.

As with any automated routine that can be run many times and spit out different results each time, the entire process lacks precision and repeatability. And that, alone, makes it less of a science and more of a subjective tool. Take that for what it's worth.

I wouldn't hesitate to manually enter crossover points, global speaker levels, and delay with ZERO EQ just to HEAR how that sounds..... and tweak/measure/tweak from there.

RayGuy likes this.

post #3555 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
How are you mounting the measurement microphone? If it's not an articulated mic stand, that could be part of the issue. Proximity effect could be playing an issue here.

As with any automated routine that can be run many times and spit out different results each time, the entire process lacks precision and repeatability. And that, alone, makes it less of a science and more of a subjective tool. Take that for what it's worth.

I wouldn't hesitate to manually enter crossover points, global speaker levels, and delay with ZERO EQ just to HEAR how that sounds..... and tweak/measure/tweak from there.

I definitely need to get a mic stand for it. Been looking at the setup recommended in the Audyssey threads. I've been using the included "cardboard" stand that comes with the receiver for it. It just struck me as odd that the center is so different from the others and the only thing different is the mounting.

post #3556 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
I definitely need to get a mic stand for it. Been looking at the setup recommended in the Audyssey threads. I've been using the included "cardboard" stand that comes with the receiver for it. It just struck me as odd that the center is so different from the others and the only thing different is the mounting.

I wouldn't arrived at any conclusions until you get the mic situated correctly. Here's the stage stand I use for calibration of my studio monitors. Grabbed it on Amazon for under $30 on sale.

You could use this boom stand to cantilever over your couch pretty easily.

powerlifter405 likes this.

post #3557 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I wouldn't arrived at any conclusions until you get the mic situated correctly. Here's the stage stand I use for calibration of my studio monitors. Grabbed it on Amazon for under $30 on sale.

Thanks yeah I just ordered the $25 on stage brand and adapter in the audyssey thread. Turns out it's the same stand I was thinking about grabbing for an enhanced Twitch streaming setup so it probably will get some use. Any placement tips since my couch is against a wall with a wood box coffee table between it and the front of the room? Decor can't be changed. I figure just collapse as small as possible make it work as best as possible.

post #3558 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
Thanks yeah I just ordered the $25 on stage brand and adapter in the audyssey thread. Turns out it's the same stand I was thinking about grabbing for an enhanced Twitch streaming setup so it probably will get some use. Any placement tips since my couch is against a wall with a wood box coffee table between it and the front of the room? Decor can't be changed. I figure just collapse as small as possible make it work as best as possible.

With the stand situated off to either side of the center of the setup, you're fine. Consider the center to be a straight line from the middle of your mains to the listening position. The stand will be, in simple terms, acoustically invisible.

You want the mic at your actual head position when seated, hence my preference for an articulated boom style stand.

Consider your posture when seated, as well, during placement.

post #3559 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 06:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Also just to be clear those graphs I posted are the room correction graphs. The Dynamic EQ is a whole separate setting

Those post Audyssey EQ graphs you posted are acknowledged even by Chris Kyriakakis the CTO of Audyssey to be misleading:

Audioholics: Does your room correction software show users "before", "target", and "after" response curves? Is it possible for end users to adjust the final response curve such that they can flavor the sound to taste?

Chris Kyriakakis: The display of data depends on each AVR manufacturer. MultEQ provides before/after data and target curves, but each licensee makes their own decision on what to display. In some lower cost models, the limitations of the graphics make it difficult to provide high resolution displays.

I'd trust some measurements using REW and a calibrated USB mic using some external test tones over that crude graphic the receiver displays.

post #3560 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Seeing all of that "serious" audio gear behind that boom mic stand makes me think these words have come out of your mouth to more than one person who has visited your abode over the years.
Spoiler!

post #3561 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 08:08 PM
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 2253 Post(s)
Liked: 3444
Quote:
Any placement tips since my couch is against a wall with a wood box coffee table between it and the front of the room? Decor can't be changed.
Seating up against a wall can be a tough spot for room EQ to get right because of the reflections. The results may get better if you use multiple mic positions in close proximity to the MLP. That gives the sampling algorithms more data points to work with.

Quote:
With the stand situated off to either side of the center of the setup, you're fine. Consider the center to be a straight line from the middle of your mains to the listening position. The stand will be, in simple terms, acoustically invisible.

You want the mic at your actual head position when seated, hence my preference for an articulated boom style stand.

Consider your posture when seated, as well, during placement.
To BTJ's recommendations I would add be sure you don't place the mic close to anything made of material or that could absorbed sound. For example, if you have a highback chair and/or couch - where the cushions are at or above ear level - try pulling the mic out at least a foot from the back. If placed too close you'll likely not get a good reading. I've also found my results are better if the mic tip is pointing toward the ceiling and not the speakers, so effectively perpendicular to the sound source.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite...

Last edited by JimWilson; 10-15-2018 at 08:15 PM.
post #3562 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

**The Official Chane Music and Cinema owner's thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Seeing all of that "serious" audio gear behind that boom mic stand makes me think these words have come out of your mouth to more than one person who has visited your abode over the years.
Spoiler!

That's one rack (my primary audio rack; I've got another video focused rack that's just as big on the other side of the studio) in my forensic media lab. You're correct and I don't charge for the lectures!!! 🤣

drh3b likes this.

post #3563 of 4758 Old 10-15-2018, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
Seating up against a wall can be a tough spot for room EQ to get right because of the reflections. The results may get better if you use multiple mic positions in close proximity to the MLP. That gives the sampling algorithms more data points to work with.

To BTJ's recommendations I would add be sure you don't place the mic close to anything made of material or that could absorbed sound. For example, if you have a highback chair and/or couch - where the cushions are at or above ear level - try pulling the mic out at least a foot from the back. If placed too close you'll likely not get a good reading. I've also found my results are better if the mic tip is pointing toward the ceiling and not the speakers, so effectively perpendicular to the sound source.

Jim makes an excellent point.

post #3564 of 4758 Old 10-16-2018, 10:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mic stand showed up so I'll rerun audyssey and see if that helps. My understanding is my marantz model shows the post cal correction. Makes sense especially since my last speakers were "worn" or otherwise damaged velodyne satellites from the early 2000's and all the treble frequencies were completely pegged anytime I ran a cal. (they were also audibly off even before I had a receiver with something like audyssey)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #3565 of 4758 Old 10-17-2018, 01:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

Ok so I got the mic stand set up and found some interesting things out. First time through set for sure at ear height (while reclined back on the couch) and about 25" from the wall and 15" from the back of the couch to start (6 measurements 2nd 3 are at the edge of the couch further forward) I got similar results as the previous graphs I posted. I dropped the stand about an inch due to another problem (potential reflections causing an out of phase on an Atmos/height speaker) and re-ran and again similar graphs although strangely for the first time it decided the crossover for the center should be 90 instead of 60 or 80. I've attached images of the positioning of the center. Is this likely the cause?

I'm just really surprised if Marantz's graphs actually are the post calibration correction why would it be boosting bass/treble in this install location or does this type of setup boost the mids on it's own causing the receiver to boost other things to compensate? Anyway I'm going to move a more detailed discussion to the thread for my receiver or the audyssey thread so I don't clog this up with this I guess unless you guys are ok with it.

"post_install2" is the new post cal center graph
"reflective" is the potential issue I found
the other two show the obvious install pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	post_install2.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	324.1 KB
ID:	2469526   Click image for larger version

Name:	reflective.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	383.3 KB
ID:	2469528   Click image for larger version

Name:	post_install_speakers.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	428.2 KB
ID:	2469530   Click image for larger version

Name:	shims.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	2469532  
mpk1970 likes this.

post #3566 of 4758 Old 10-17-2018, 01:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1487 Post(s)
Liked: 2881
I just got my A 2.4's and A 1.4's set up. Only three hours listening so a bit premature but thought i'd share my subjective impressions.

I immediately like the sound signature which i thought i may have needed some adjustment time after fifteen years with Klipsch. I noticed more detail and separation than before and was also hearing information in music i had not heard before or at least noticed playing the same tracks. The sound is still dynamic but softer in its delivery (not to warm at all) just easy on my ears,,, just better to me.

Comparing to the highly (rated) sensitivity (96DB's) of the Klipsch. Audyssey only showed 1db less on my mains than the RP 160's/3 Db's less on the center than the RP 250 (but in full disclosure, i made a dampening mat for the center as it sits on glass, the Klipsch sat right on the glass, so that may have contributed to the 3 DB difference) The surrounds measured pretty much the same as the old SS1's.

So far, very pleased with this product,,, the ongoing positive feedback on the Chanes are valid imo.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.
post #3567 of 4758 Old 10-17-2018, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1366 Post(s)
Liked: 1564
@indebtbassfreak

nice set up
4- A1.4s are impressive. what type of subs do you have there?

Set up #1 Speakers LR: Tekton Enzo XL ; Center: Tekton Pendragon Subs (2) 2019 JTR 118HTs
Set up #2 : QA3020i LR, Center: Emotiva C1 Subs (2) HSU VTF2 MK5,
post #3568 of 4758 Old 10-17-2018, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1487 Post(s)
Liked: 2881
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpk1970 View Post
@indebtbassfreak

nice set up
4- A1.4s are impressive. what type of subs do you have there?
Thanks mpk1970. Those are Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo. 4800 watts RMS/9600 watts peak.

-Marantz SR-8012
-Yamaha BD-A1060
-Funk 21.0LX Master/Slave combo 4800 watts RMS/9600watts (peak)-
-Chane A-2.4 L/C/R
-Chane A-1.4 side/rear surrounds.
post #3569 of 4758 Old 10-17-2018, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Well I got my 5 2.4’s today. Well my wife did. I won’t be home till the 26th. She torchered me with this picture here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	164289B4-00FB-443B-BB3C-40890853ACA1_1539811570844.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	2469868  
post #3570 of 4758 Old 10-17-2018, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 36
After going back and forth for a couple of months on what to get, I finally went with the A1.4 & A2.4 bundle. Ive always prioritized picture over sound, no longer. Hopefully this is the last set of speakers I need for years to come (unless i finally mount some atmos speakers), and this should pair great with my X1400 and my LG 65" C8. Ill be sure to swing back by once I'm all set up with some pictures.

Last edited by schmiggyjk; 10-17-2018 at 07:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
a1.4 , a2.4 , a5.4 , chane , l-series

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page