**The Official Chane Music and Cinema owner's thread** - Page 144 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7245Likes

post #4291 of 4687 Old 06-11-2019, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1941 Post(s)
Liked: 2085
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post

There are lots of speakers I've heard that i don't talk about here on AVS for various reasons; with issues of professionalism and proximity being chief among them. But that means that when, say, a loudspeaker with a dry treble presentation and mediocre imaging at low to moderate volumes gets compared to another that has treble that isn't dry, with better imaging and much higher dynamic limits.... yet they're both called 'even' that tells me either the info is bad or the people tendering the opinion aren't listening properly (great Harman training on that subject, btw).
Well, Buford...since my name was brought up earlier in this thread.
You previous declared that the only way to compare speakers is head to head (I agree that this is the best way to compare speakers, just not always possible). And now you state that depending on the finding, you still won't believe the head to head review if you felt the result should have been different? Is that your stance?

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4292 of 4687 Old 06-11-2019, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Anyone get shipping confirmation for A1.5?
BufordTJustice likes this.
post #4293 of 4687 Old 06-11-2019, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
Well, Buford...since my name was brought up earlier in this thread.

You previous declared that the only way to compare speakers is head to head (I agree that this is the best way to compare speakers, just not always possible). And now you state that depending on the finding, you still won't believe the head to head review if you felt the result should have been different? Is that your stance?

That's not what i said at all. What i said was what i said.

You can quote it if you would like. I don't need you to try to rephrase it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4294 of 4687 Old 06-11-2019, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That's not what i said at all. What i said was what i said.

You can quote it if you would like. I don't need you to try to rephrase it for me.

Fair enough...but the way I read your quote, you are saying that there are user reviews that you will not believe, based on the claims! Is that fair?

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
post #4295 of 4687 Old 06-11-2019, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 1092
Quote:
the way I read your quote, you are saying that there are user reviews that you will not believe, based on the claims! Is that fair?
I'm not BTJ but I'll ask anyway: How many scores of comments have there been over the years lambasting reviewers?

Furthermore, comparing speakers is like comparing photographs. Reproduced audio should bear a reasonable resemblance to the original event, not to another piece of hardware.

If you want to interrogate, please take it to PM...

Chane Music & Cinema
Need advice? Avoid speculation; for solid referrals seek out real users.
post #4296 of 4687 Old 06-11-2019, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1788 Post(s)
Liked: 1628
Quote:
Fair enough...but the way I read your quote, you are saying that there are user reviews that you will not believe, based on the claims! Is that fair?

I took it to mean if something is way off base, then you may want to be apprehensive about their opinion.

5.1: Samsung PN60F5300 | Sony BDP-S1700 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12

2.0: Oppo DV-980H | Apple Airport Express | Topping D30 | Parasound HCA-1500a | Chane A1.4
post #4297 of 4687 Old 06-11-2019, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:

Again, that's not what i said.

I choose to contextualize all user reviews with consideration of the totality of the circumstances.

If a reviewer, for example, said that the Sierra 2 was a garbage speaker with aggressive highs and weak mids, i know from my personal experience that this simply isn't the case, at all, in both empirical and acoustical terms. So, that review (and subsequent reviews from that user) would receive little credence from me.

But I'm not going to enter into any more hypothetical scenarios beyond that; I'm just using that to make a point, that user review(s) must correlate with reality.

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
post #4298 of 4687 Old 06-11-2019, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Again, that's not what i said.

I choose to contextualize all user reviews with consideration of the totality of the circumstances.

If a reviewer, for example, said that the Sierra 2 was a garbage speaker with aggressive highs and weak mids, i know from my personal experience that this simply isn't the case, at all, in both empirical and acoustical terms. So, that review (and subsequent reviews from that user) would receive little credence from me.

But I'm not going to enter into any more hypothetical scenarios beyond that; I'm just using that to make a point, that user review(s) must correlate with reality.

Okay, on that point we do agree...some reviews might contain some ridiculous claims that are easy to see right through!

post #4299 of 4687 Old 06-11-2019, 02:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Lane View Post
I'm not BTJ but I'll ask anyway: How many scores of comments have there been over the years lambasting reviewers?

Furthermore, comparing speakers is like comparing photographs. Reproduced audio should bear a reasonable resemblance to the original event, not to another piece of hardware.

If you want to interrogate, please take it to PM...
Aren't we just debating methodology? However, we have threads going on that topic, so I agree that this thread is not the place for that discussion. Just that my user name was brought up in this thread and then a claim was made that I didn't understand. BTJ has simply clarified his position so that it makes sense (or that he has allowed me understand how I was misinterpeting his statetment)!

post #4300 of 4687 Old 06-11-2019, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
Aren't we just debating methodology? However, we have threads going on that topic, so I agree that this thread is not the place for that discussion. Just that my user name was brought up in this thread and then a claim was made that I didn't understand. BTJ has simply clarified his position so that it makes sense (or that he has allowed me understand how I was misinterpeting his statetment)!

Your user name was brought up in a very clear manner. I paid you a compliment and highlighted a salient point that you made in another thread. I was simply attributing the accurate statement to you.

To put a blunt tip on my point, I am highlighting the fact that there are active forum members who are making public comments about loudspeakers to other people (usually new users/members) in very plain language, that has led those users to believe that the persons with the viewpoint have actually heard the loudspeakers being discussed. Except the issuer of said opinion actually hasn't, in most cases, heard anything.

This is tantamount to the following: going to a fine restaurant and asking about items on the menu. The waiter gives an apparently complete, cogent, informed response regarding several items, saying that they taste great and discussing nuances of flavor and texture. Except the waiter hasn't actually tasted any of the food that has been discussed.

My simple, and very plain point is that just acknowledging whether one has actual, first hand experience with a loudspeaker prior to tendering an opinion on it is both morally and intellectually honest. After that, anybody can say whatever they want.

I've done a bunch of forum searches and the prospect of this is alarming; how many non-first-hand opinions have been tendered without a disclaimer? For buying/purchase advice, no less. How many of those who received the advice would have treated it differently if they knew the waiter had never tasted the wine they recommended?

Going forward, i don't think I'm asking much.... for people to be honest. They don't have to be buddies or even get along.

Jon Lane and rhelliott2 like this.

post #4301 of 4687 Old 06-11-2019, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1630
Quote:
To put a blunt tip on my point, I am highlighting the fact that there are active forum members who are making public comments about loudspeakers to other people (usually new users/members) in very plain language, that has led those users to believe that the persons with the viewpoint have actually heard the loudspeakers being discussed. Except the issuer of said opinion actually hasn't, in most cases, heard anything.

This is tantamount to the following: going to a fine restaurant and asking about items on the menu. The waiter gives an apparently complete, cogent, informed response regarding several items, saying that they taste great and discussing nuances of flavor and texture. Except the waiter hasn't actually tasted any of the food that has been discussed.

My simple, and very plain point is that just acknowledging whether one has actual, first hand experience with a loudspeaker prior to tendering an opinion on it is both morally and intellectually honest. After that, anybody can say whatever they want.
This is not analogous; for it to be, the scenario would be a person combining many user reviews of a restaurant. After enough data points, one can reliably determine if the place is poor, average, or great, and get a feel for what the menu and the service is like. It is no different with speakers, it is just harder to find enough data. But those who do their due diligence can collect impressions, discard the extreme outliers, and get a good enough impression of the product to know where it fits into the audio landscape. And from there, buying decisions can be made, or at least, trial decisions.

I agree that it would be helpful if relayed impressions are stated to be the result of research or personal experience. I try to do just that. And, I try not to spread an idea around if "one person said". I need to shorten the error bars before an impression is reliable enough to share.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)
post #4302 of 4687 Old 06-11-2019, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
This is not analogous; for it to be, the scenario would be a person combining many user reviews of a restaurant. After enough data points, one can reliably determine if the place is poor, average, or great, and get a feel for what the menu and the service is like. It is no different with speakers, it is just harder to find enough data. But those who do their due diligence can collect impressions, discard the extreme outliers, and get a good enough impression of the product to know where it fits into the audio landscape. And from there, buying decisions can be made, or at least, trial decisions.

I agree that it would be helpful if relayed impressions are stated to be the result of research or personal experience. I try to do just that. And, I try not to spread an idea around if "one person said". I need to shorten the error bars before an impression is reliable enough to share.

Though it IS a direct analog. When specific aspects of audible performance are being discussed without any caveat, that's a strong, specific impression that is very far removed from getting a general idea.

Can the field be narrowed? Sure. But, when concrete opinions are tendered as first hand experience, when they are not, that's misleading and it helps nobody. It prevents the person making the inquiry from making an informed decision.

I don't stand in the line at Baskin Robbins telling others nearby what flavors that I've never actually tasted "taste like". Without a clear disclaimer, they might actually think that i know what I'm talking about from actual experience.

I'm not saying that a full implementation of the hearsay rule of evidence be applied, but that tends to be an excellent guideline on a science forum.

rhelliott2 likes this.

post #4303 of 4687 Old 06-13-2019, 05:20 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelliott2 View Post
Anyone get shipping confirmation for A1.5?
As far as I know, they've not arrived just yet. The Chane website says docking will occur late June, then shipment to the warehouse, and finally shipment of orders.

I placed an order for 2x A5.4s and 1x A2.4 in late May, taking advantage of $30 off the A2.4 on pre-order. I've just added a pair of A1.5s on a second order, taking advantage of $40 off on pre-order. Note that (according to the website) these pre-order specials expire on June 15th (Saturday), so if you're inclined to place an order, do so now and save yourself some money.

As for me, I told Chane to just hold my order (including the two HiVi Swan X3 speakers which I grabbed in the now-gone bundle for only $21 more) until everything is ready to ship, which should be soon. Even though I still owe the family budget about $430 (I am only "allowed" to use bonus points from my employer to make audio purchases, and I'm now in the red!), I look forward to this total 5.0 update to my system. I have much work to do once they arrive (I need to rearrange my entertainment center, build stands and raise the TV, etc.), but I'll send pics and impressions once everything is done.

My main goals are clarity of sound, the ability to push volume, and, most importantly, overall value. If nothing else, everyone says Chane is a great value and Chane speakers compare favorably to more expensive speakers. For those of us on a strict budget and looking for great sound quality, but without the ability to audition multiple brands, that's the best one can hope to hear.
post #4304 of 4687 Old 06-13-2019, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It sounds disproportionately awesome for the price i paid. And in the review it noted a quirk of the firmware; you must set the digital output to PCM to get full audio quality from the analog outputs.

Just bought an Oppo DV-980H off eBay for $80 shipped, seems like from what I’ve read it’s a solid SACD player with good internal DACs.

5.1: Samsung PN60F5300 | Sony BDP-S1700 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12

2.0: Oppo DV-980H | Apple Airport Express | Topping D30 | Parasound HCA-1500a | Chane A1.4
post #4305 of 4687 Old 06-13-2019, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
Just bought an Oppo DV-980H off eBay for $80 shipped, seems like from what I’ve read it’s a solid SACD player with good internal DACs.

Yep. Definitely a score!!!

Transmaniacon likes this.

post #4306 of 4687 Old 06-13-2019, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yep. Definitely a score!!!

Good to hear! I’m anxious to get it and start collecting some CDs. I’m still on the hunt for a preamp, but that’s going to take me some time I think. Got plenty of search notifications out there haha.

post #4307 of 4687 Old 06-13-2019, 08:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 480
CDs? How quaint

I'm kidding, but these days I mostly stream Tidal. I don't listen to much Red Book, but I still like to listen to SACD, DVD-Audio, and DTS CDs.

"Rock and roll is alive and alright" Sloan
post #4308 of 4687 Old 06-14-2019, 04:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergiliusm View Post
CDs? How quaint

I'm kidding, but these days I mostly stream Tidal. I don't listen to much Red Book, but I still like to listen to SACD, DVD-Audio, and DTS CDs.

Yeah I’ve got a streaming setup now, but I’d like to get back to playing some discs. I feel like I’ll listen a whole album more and enjoy my music, rather than just skipping around like I do now.

I’ve only got one SACD, but I plan to get some more now that I can play them.
Vergiliusm and BufordTJustice like this.

post #4309 of 4687 Old 06-14-2019, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
CDs? How quaint

I just snagged a minty Bluesound Node 2 on fleabay for $299 from a brick and mortar shop. Floor model.

I'm looking forward to getting ears on.

Transmaniacon likes this.

post #4310 of 4687 Old 06-14-2019, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Nice snag, Buford T! The big question is, are you gonna run analog or digital out?

I find it amusing that my 19 year old daughter's media of choice is LP, and she wants me to build her a sealed sub (qtc .707). I must have done something right.

"Rock and roll is alive and alright" Sloan
post #4311 of 4687 Old 06-14-2019, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
Nice snag, Buford T! The big question is, are you gonna run analog or digital out?

I find it amusing that my 19 year old daughter's media of choice is LP, and she wants me to build her a sealed sub (qtc .707). I must have done something right.

Great question. The answer is BOTH at first. Solid DAC in the Node 2 and incredible DAC in my Parasound Halo C2. I'll see which i prefer.

Also, apparently the Node 2 can do the second unfold of MQA via hardware, but only using the analog outputs. But i can only get the first unfold if i use S/PDIF out.

Unless something has changed from the last reputable reviews I've seen on YouTube (someone please feel free to chime in if I'm wrong. I would like to be wrong). I think it was either John Darko or Hans Beekhuyzen who said that, IIRC.

I'm a big Tidal listener, so that, along with audio performance could dictate how long it stays in my system. Eventually, I'll be using an Aurelic G series or a PS Audio Direct Stream DAC. But that could either be next year, two years from now, or five years from now. Who knows.

I'll definitely report back.

Oh, and you are doing parenting at a fully professional level if she wants a critically damped sealed sub. Damn fine job you're doing there!!!

post #4312 of 4687 Old 06-14-2019, 09:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I just snagged a minty Bluesound Node 2 on fleabay for $299 from a brick and mortar shop. Floor model.

I'm looking forward to getting ears on.

Good deal! Will be curious to see how you like it.

I’ve got to wait for my Oppo now, need to pick up some good SACDs, currently only have Endless River from Pink Floyd.

post #4313 of 4687 Old 06-15-2019, 06:52 AM

question about 7.2

Hi all,
I realize this is off-topic, but since I'm soon joining the Chane owner group, and because folks here have a lot of knowledge, I hope you'll forgive my silly question.
I'm awaiting shipment of a new 5.0 Chane system (A2.4 center, A5.4 L/R, and A1.5 surrounds). I was planning on using my old Kenwood L/R (KS-505HT), which have given me a nice, neutral sound for almost 20 years, as L/R rears, thus giving me a full 7.0 system, paired with dual (mismatched for now) subs. I might try upgrading these rears to Chane 4.4s in the future.

So my question is about 7.0 systems. I see that there's a (somewhat) broad selection of BluRays with 7.1 encoding, and I believe DVDs are incapable of 7.0 encoding. As I watch mostly DVDs (Netflix) and Xfinity TV, is there any advantage to having 7.0? I know my receiver (Onkyo TX-RZ620) is capable of sending audio to all speakers via "All Ch Stereo" mode (and perhaps other modes - I need to research this further), but other than filling the room more, I assume I'm not going to get any specific rear effects.

All this to say, regardless of your advice, I'll probably still try the 7.0, since I had already wired for it years ago. I'm just curious if there's any real advantage to be gained if I'm not watching specific BluRays. Thanks.
post #4314 of 4687 Old 06-15-2019, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwskud View Post
Hi all,
I realize this is off-topic, but since I'm soon joining the Chane owner group, and because folks here have a lot of knowledge, I hope you'll forgive my silly question.
I'm awaiting shipment of a new 5.0 Chane system (A2.4 center, A5.4 L/R, and A1.5 surrounds). I was planning on using my old Kenwood L/R (KS-505HT), which have given me a nice, neutral sound for almost 20 years, as L/R rears, thus giving me a full 7.0 system, paired with dual (mismatched for now) subs. I might try upgrading these rears to Chane 4.4s in the future.

So my question is about 7.0 systems. I see that there's a (somewhat) broad selection of BluRays with 7.1 encoding, and I believe DVDs are incapable of 7.0 encoding. As I watch mostly DVDs (Netflix) and Xfinity TV, is there any advantage to having 7.0? I know my receiver (Onkyo TX-RZ620) is capable of sending audio to all speakers via "All Ch Stereo" mode (and perhaps other modes - I need to research this further), but other than filling the room more, I assume I'm not going to get any specific rear effects.

All this to say, regardless of your advice, I'll probably still try the 7.0, since I had already wired for it years ago. I'm just curious if there's any real advantage to be gained if I'm not watching specific BluRays. Thanks.

In my experience, for your use case, there won't be much benefit. But, if your want to do it, then do it. Streaming platforms are only expanding their ability to provide these formats.

post #4315 of 4687 Old 06-15-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
In my experience, for your use case, there won't be much benefit. But, if your want to do it, then do it. Streaming platforms are only expanding their ability to provide these formats.

Sounds good, and I know you're right. Like you said, I'll give it a try, but expectations are low. We only have 3 BluRays in the house, and only one is encoded for 7.x surround (Avengers: Infinity War), but my son is hoping to collect Marvel BluRays, which seem to support 7.x, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

7.2 system: Chane A2.4 center, Chane A5.4s L/R, Chane A1.5s surround, Kenwood KS-505HTs rear
Subs: Klipsch R-120SW and Kenwood SW-35HT (8"); HiVi Swan X3 monitors (laptop)
Onkyo TX-RZ620, Samsung 4k 43NU7100, PS3, Nintendo Switch, Sennheiser HDR130 headphones
Protection: Tripp Lite Isobar 8 Ultra; VCE SP250-2P
And don't forget - JVC HR-S3900U Super VHS - the last working VCR in America??
post #4316 of 4687 Old 06-15-2019, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

**The Official Chane Music and Cinema owner's thread**

Quote:
Sounds good, and I know you're right. Like you said, I'll give it a try, but expectations are low. We only have 3 BluRays in the house, and only one is encoded for 7.x surround (Avengers: Infinity War), but my son is hoping to collect Marvel BluRays, which seem to support 7.x, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

But, understand, it may not be worth it in the strictest sense of return on audio investment, but I'm not saying that you won't enjoy the hell out of it.

I wear an Omega Seamaster every day. Total Overkill and a waste of money to some. But not TO ME.

So, if you want to do it, do it.

Last edited by BufordTJustice; 06-15-2019 at 05:01 PM.
post #4317 of 4687 Old 06-16-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
B wear an Omega Seamaster every day. Total Overkill and a waste of money to some. But not TO ME.
Point well taken...by a guy who hasn't worn a watch in about 30 years!
post #4318 of 4687 Old 06-16-2019, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
Point well taken...by a guy who hasn't worn a watch in about 30 years!

Hehe. You're a richer man for it!

post #4319 of 4687 Old 06-18-2019, 04:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The Oppo showed up yesterday but naturally I couldn’t find the cable for my Logitech Harmony remote so I won’t be able to get it set up until this evening.

I did connect it to my receiver via HDMI and it played audio well, but I’m ready to get it going with the Chanes.

And naturally I see the preamp I’ve been wanting on EBay right after ordering the Oppo, going to have to try and resist scooping that up...

post #4320 of 4687 Old 06-18-2019, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

**The Official Chane Music and Cinema owner's thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
The Oppo showed up yesterday but naturally I couldn’t find the cable for my Logitech Harmony remote so I won’t be able to get it set up until this evening.

I did connect it to my receiver via HDMI and it played audio well, but I’m ready to get it going with the Chanes.

And naturally I see the preamp I’ve been wanting on EBay right after ordering the Oppo, going to have to try and resist scooping that up...

Which pre-amp?

My Node2 came in. A couple minor cosmetic blemishes but it's all good. Going to evaluate using Shielded BJC Coaxial S/PDIF, real glass fiber Toslink cable, and using the Node2's internal DACs via BJC LC1's. All going into my Parasound Halo C2. Once i figure out what prefer, then comes programming the remotes for easy access to that input. Won't really be able to make a call until then.

Can't wait to get my Adcom GFA-5500 back from John Hillig at Musical Concepts. He's doing a little bit of maintenance and adding the LX Elite mod + mini Platinum package, along with Cardas RCAs and an IEC input for power (it's got a permanently attached power cable right now). Should be good for another 25 years of music.

Vergiliusm and Transmaniacon like this.

Last edited by BufordTJustice; 06-18-2019 at 06:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
a1.4 , a2.4 , a5.4 , chane , l-series