**The Official Chane Music and Cinema owner's thread** - Page 158 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9098Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4711 of 6036 Old 11-16-2019, 10:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
rhelliott2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: NorCal
Posts: 780
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
Secrets. They’re sitting on secrets. With ScanSpeak 8” woofers.

So, good secrets.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I LLLLLLLLLOVE Secrets with a capital L if you know what I mean...
BufordTJustice likes this.
rhelliott2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4712 of 6036 Old 11-16-2019, 11:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RayGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,405
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3485 Post(s)
Liked: 3295
SecLets!!!!
BufordTJustice and rhelliott2 like this.

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.
RayGuy is offline  
post #4713 of 6036 Old 11-17-2019, 05:07 PM
Senior Member
 
jwskud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: southeastern PA
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
They’re damn near equal WHEN played within their acoustical limits. The A2.4 stays sweeter, louder. But, in smaller rooms, the A1.5’s are just damn good.

They image like nobody’s business, just like the A2.4. Silly stuff floating all over the room. But they focus super tightly as well.
Too true, and hopefully my stand-alone A1.5 review (see my signature where it's linked) does them justice. To have tested them in a 2.0 setting and notice that they make a close match (at lower volumes) to the A5.4s was what convinced me they're superb. To this day, I wish I had a dedicated 2.0 system somewhere to utilize my A1.5s, instead of "relegating" them to surround duty...but they shine there, as well. They're just not being utilized to their fullest extent.

It's so great to know I got a pair as they debuted and have been enjoying them ever since.

Chane A2.4 center, Chane A5.4s L/R, Chane A1.5s surround, Kenwood KS-505HTs rear
Sub: Klipsch R-120SW [wish list = Rythmik FV18 Rev2 (paper cone)]; Rythmik FAQ
Onkyo TX-RZ620, Samsung 4k 43NU7100, PS3
Protection: Tripp Lite Isobar 8 and 4 Ultra; Aircom T10; VCE SP250-2P-CA
jwskud is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4714 of 6036 Old 11-17-2019, 05:10 PM
Senior Member
 
jwskud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: southeastern PA
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Oh, and as an aside, I've been hoping no L-series Chane speakers would ever debut...because I won't be able to get/afford them! I'm sure they'll be incredible...if I wasn't saving for a new sub and receiver, I'd be saving for L's.

Chane A2.4 center, Chane A5.4s L/R, Chane A1.5s surround, Kenwood KS-505HTs rear
Sub: Klipsch R-120SW [wish list = Rythmik FV18 Rev2 (paper cone)]; Rythmik FAQ
Onkyo TX-RZ620, Samsung 4k 43NU7100, PS3
Protection: Tripp Lite Isobar 8 and 4 Ultra; Aircom T10; VCE SP250-2P-CA
jwskud is offline  
post #4715 of 6036 Old 11-17-2019, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
rossandwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 920
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
They’re damn near equal WHEN played within their acoustical limits. The A2.4 stays sweeter, louder. But, in smaller rooms, the A1.5’s are just damn good.

They image like nobody’s business, just like the A2.4. Silly stuff floating all over the room. But they focus super tightly as well.

The speakers they’re sitting on top of are using Italian compression drivers that have a raw cost that nearly equals the retail price of the A1.5’s, and the A1.5’s hold their dam own.

As with all Jon’s stuff, they just never put a foot wrong. Rap to rock, electronica to classical, new retro wave to jazz. They do everything well. Really refined presentation for their price point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you feel they compare to the previous model A1.4? I use the 1.4's as surrounds.

Ross
BufordTJustice likes this.

__________________________________________________
DISPLAY: JVC RS540, 160" Stewart WallScreen ST130 G4
SPEAKERS/SUBS: Chane A5.4/A2.4/A1.4, Rythmik FV18 x 2
POWER: Outlaw 5000 5-channel, Denon AVR-X3300W
SOURCE: multi-region Oppo BDP-103D & BDP-83
rossandwendy is offline  
post #4716 of 6036 Old 11-18-2019, 03:48 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Best $300 speaker pair

The price points on the Kef Q150, Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2, and Chane 1.5 are all similar ~$300-350. My intended placement is fairly close a wall so I'm favoring the front ported Elacs, but I wanted to get this group's perspective given price parity. What would you recommend? Thanks
BufordTJustice likes this.
Sue_Veed is offline  
post #4717 of 6036 Old 11-18-2019, 04:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
rhelliott2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: NorCal
Posts: 780
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue_Veed View Post
The price points on the Kef Q150, Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2, and Chane 1.5 are all similar ~$300-350. My intended placement is fairly close a wall so I'm favoring the front ported Elacs, but I wanted to get this group's perspective given price parity. What would you recommend? Thanks
The A1.5 has ports plugs.

IMHO buy all three and listen for yourself.
BufordTJustice and Madmax67 like this.
rhelliott2 is offline  
post #4718 of 6036 Old 11-18-2019, 05:26 PM
Senior Member
 
zeekle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: nashville tn
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 74
question for the panel



I have a 15x13 foot room that is primarily a home theater room. I have recently purchased a Chane 2.4 as a center channel to test if they would be an upgrade over the current setup I have which is a set of speakers I bought forever ago (Athena F2 towers with a Athena center and rear surrounds with a SVS sub) . The Chane 2.4 seems to be a lot more detailed so I am looking to at least swap out my L/R for now.



question I have is would the 2.4s be a downgrade off of my current towers in what I am doing (which is mostly home theater)? If I should go with the new towers that are coming out I can. I am just not sure I would get the benefit out of them in my current space.



One side note on this is that I have a cat that tends to jump on stuff. The towers are too heavy for her to push these over but I wonder what sort of setup I would need to do on these smaller speakers to avert disaster.



Thanks!
zeekle is offline  
post #4719 of 6036 Old 11-19-2019, 06:07 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelliott2 View Post
The A1.5 has ports plugs.

IMHO buy all three and listen for yourself.
I know that's the true test, but I'm hoping to avoid some of the trouble and expense of multiple returns.

As background, I like the Chane sound - I have A5.4s as L/R and A2.4 as C, with two 15" Monolith subs as part of my 9.2 home theater setup. My question is for a completely different room. Will be casual listening, 100% music, no space to pull bookshelf speakers away from the wall, and no room for a sub.

So I'm concerned about bass with small speakers to start with, and doubly concerned about the need to plug the Chane and the Kef. If anyone has perspective on the relative performance (especially at the low end, when plugged) of these three speakers, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
BufordTJustice likes this.
Sue_Veed is offline  
post #4720 of 6036 Old 11-19-2019, 09:38 AM
Senior Member
 
jwskud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: southeastern PA
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekle View Post
question I have is would the 2.4s be a downgrade off of my current towers in what I am doing (which is mostly home theater)? If I should go with the new towers that are coming out I can. I am just not sure I would get the benefit out of them in my current space.
@Jon Lane and @BufordTJustice can answer your question much better than I can, but I'll offer my 2 cents. Having a 2.4, 2x 1.5s, and 2x 5.4s, I can attest that the sound signature (timbre) of all three matches wonderfully well. So it all comes down to cost and volume. If you want to fill a larger space, go with the A5.5s (just debuting). Otherwise, you won't miss out on sound quality with the A2.4s, just volume.

I'm in a 2300 cubic foot family room open to a kitchen, effectively doubling the space. I love my A5.4s - they can fill the entirety of the space without breaking a sweat. In my signature I detail how I auditioned the A1.5s in 2.0 in the same space, and got the same great sound, impressive bass response...just at lower dBs. The 2.4s will beat the 1.5s and lots of folks use them in a large space, but I'm very happy I waited to save up funds for the towers - I have the output if/when I want it.
zeekle, BufordTJustice and yanks1 like this.

Chane A2.4 center, Chane A5.4s L/R, Chane A1.5s surround, Kenwood KS-505HTs rear
Sub: Klipsch R-120SW [wish list = Rythmik FV18 Rev2 (paper cone)]; Rythmik FAQ
Onkyo TX-RZ620, Samsung 4k 43NU7100, PS3
Protection: Tripp Lite Isobar 8 and 4 Ultra; Aircom T10; VCE SP250-2P-CA
jwskud is offline  
post #4721 of 6036 Old 11-19-2019, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jon Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,916
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 1383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue_Veed View Post
My intended placement is fairly close a wall so I'm favoring the front ported Elacs, but I wanted to get this group's perspective given price parity.
In general port location isn't as much a factor as speaker location. Since port radiation is so low in frequency as to be omni-directional, the entire speaker's proximity to boundaries matters more. Rear ports may also be preferred in 2-ways, because they'll aim some inevitable midrange pipe leakage away from the listener.
BufordTJustice likes this.

Chane Music & Cinema
For solid referrals always look for real user experience.
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Jon Lane is offline  
post #4722 of 6036 Old 11-19-2019, 11:02 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Lane View Post
In general port location isn't as much a factor as speaker location. Since port radiation is so low in frequency as to be omni-directional, the entire speaker's proximity to boundaries matters more. Rear ports may also be preferred in 2-ways, because they'll aim some inevitable midrange pipe leakage away from the listener.
Thanks Jon. Two questions:
1) What are the dimensions of an A1.5? (The website lists 16"x19"x24" which doesn't seem quite right)
2) Would you have frequency responses plots for the A1.5 w/ and w/o the plug?
Sue_Veed is offline  
post #4723 of 6036 Old 11-19-2019, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jon Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,916
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 1383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue_Veed View Post
1) What are the dimensions of an A1.5? (The website lists 16"x19"x24" which doesn't seem quite right)
A1.5 measures 335mm x 250mm x 180mm, where 180 is width.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue_Veed View Post
2) Would you have frequency responses plots for the A1.5 w/ and w/o the plug?
They should reappear on the site shortly. For now, ported cutoff is in the high 40's and sealed is around 75Hz. Both are typical for a 10 liter system at about 84dB. Some would rate this class of speaker somewhat lower, but this is the calculated physical response.

Chane Music & Cinema
For solid referrals always look for real user experience.
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Jon Lane is offline  
post #4724 of 6036 Old 11-19-2019, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 5,418
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2464 Post(s)
Liked: 2723
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekle View Post
question for the panel



I have a 15x13 foot room that is primarily a home theater room. I have recently purchased a Chane 2.4 as a center channel to test if they would be an upgrade over the current setup I have which is a set of speakers I bought forever ago (Athena F2 towers with a Athena center and rear surrounds with a SVS sub) . The Chane 2.4 seems to be a lot more detailed so I am looking to at least swap out my L/R for now.



question I have is would the 2.4s be a downgrade off of my current towers in what I am doing (which is mostly home theater)? If I should go with the new towers that are coming out I can. I am just not sure I would get the benefit out of them in my current space.



One side note on this is that I have a cat that tends to jump on stuff. The towers are too heavy for her to push these over but I wonder what sort of setup I would need to do on these smaller speakers to avert disaster.



Thanks!
If you have a subwoofer in the mix then maybe not that big of a drop off but if not then the towers will have better bass extension and output at higher levels to compensate for the loss of the 8 inch Athena's woofers. If you go the LCR A2.4 route I'd use a fillable speaker stand(steel shot or sand) and blu tack on the speaker base. You'll also need to rotate the A2.4's tweeters that are to be used vertically 180°.
zeekle and BufordTJustice like this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #4725 of 6036 Old 11-22-2019, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer
 
BufordTJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,927
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 829 Post(s)
Liked: 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossandwendy View Post
How do you feel they compare to the previous model A1.4? I use the 1.4's as surrounds.



Ross


They’re a different creature. The 1.5’s throw a huge image and surprisingly deep sound stage. Very close to the A5.4/A2.4.

The 1.5 makes more bass, goes deeper, and has a fuller and more refined midrange presentation than the 1.4. But, the single biggest difference is the massive soundstage; it’s just stupid big. A5 Class big. The A1.5 makes silly stuff dance around the room. 3D stereo.

So, even when used with a separate bass system (active sub, passive sub), is a step change from the 1.4 (which was already extremely competent in its price class).

In terms of soundstage depth, the A1.5 is as good as you’ll find under $500/pair.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
BufordTJustice is offline  
post #4726 of 6036 Old 11-22-2019, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer
 
BufordTJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,927
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 829 Post(s)
Liked: 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue_Veed View Post
The price points on the Kef Q150, Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2, and Chane 1.5 are all similar ~$300-350. My intended placement is fairly close a wall so I'm favoring the front ported Elacs, but I wanted to get this group's perspective given price parity. What would you recommend? Thanks


I’ve heard them all. Comes down to what you like and prefer. Which ones of those you have listed have you heard so far?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
BufordTJustice is offline  
post #4727 of 6036 Old 11-22-2019, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer
 
BufordTJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,927
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 829 Post(s)
Liked: 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue_Veed View Post
I know that's the true test, but I'm hoping to avoid some of the trouble and expense of multiple returns.



As background, I like the Chane sound - I have A5.4s as L/R and A2.4 as C, with two 15" Monolith subs as part of my 9.2 home theater setup. My question is for a completely different room. Will be casual listening, 100% music, no space to pull bookshelf speakers away from the wall, and no room for a sub.



So I'm concerned about bass with small speakers to start with, and doubly concerned about the need to plug the Chane and the Kef. If anyone has perspective on the relative performance (especially at the low end, when plugged) of these three speakers, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.


Well, the A1.5’s sounds a lot like the A5.4’s from 80hz and up.

I think you’ll be fine with the A1.5.

The Q150 is about 12lbs per speaker. The A1.5 is 17+lbs per speaker. Not that weight is an indicator of quality, but it speaks to that in a a general sense.

The Q150 reminds me more of Bose style bass than anything else. It’s not that bad, so i don’t mean to disparage, but the control that you expect from something that’s related to the LS50 just isn’t there.

The A1.5 has better bass dynamics and control. They sound big, in a relatively effortless sense.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
BufordTJustice is offline  
post #4728 of 6036 Old 11-22-2019, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 5,418
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2464 Post(s)
Liked: 2723
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
Well, the A1.5’s sounds a lot like the A5.4’s from 80hz and up.

I think you’ll be fine with the A1.5.

The Q150 is about 12lbs per speaker. The A1.5 is 17+lbs per speaker. Not that weight is an indicator of quality, but it speaks to that in a a general sense.

The Q150 reminds me more of Bose style bass than anything else. It’s not that bad, so i don’t mean to disparage, but the control that you expect from something that’s related to the LS50 just isn’t there.

The A1.5 has better bass dynamics and control. They sound big, in a relatively effortless sense.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't figure out the 1.5's dimensions. My A2.4 doesn't add up to what's on the website for example( nothing 30 inches by my tape measure.)

Dimensions:16.00in x 19.00in x 24.00in for the A1.5.

I'm thinking about either adding another A2.4 vertically or a pair of the new A1.5's but is that depth X width X height? Should be listed that way on the website for us dummies who aren't good at math.
BufordTJustice likes this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #4729 of 6036 Old 11-23-2019, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer
 
BufordTJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,927
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 829 Post(s)
Liked: 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
I can't figure out the 1.5's dimensions. My A2.4 doesn't add up to what's on the website for example( nothing 30 inches by my tape measure.)

Dimensions:16.00in x 19.00in x 24.00in for the A1.5.

I'm thinking about either adding another A2.4 vertically or a pair of the new A1.5's but is that depth X width X height? Should be listed that way on the website for us dummies who aren't good at math.


Let me just take some pictures for you with a tape measure. Give me a few minutes here and I’ll post them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
BufordTJustice is offline  
post #4730 of 6036 Old 11-23-2019, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
Spidacat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 489
My A1.4's (same cabinet size as the 1.5?) is 13" H x 7" W x 10.5" D including grill.
BufordTJustice likes this.
Spidacat is offline  
post #4731 of 6036 Old 11-23-2019, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer
 
BufordTJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,927
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 829 Post(s)
Liked: 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
I can't figure out the 1.5's dimensions. My A2.4 doesn't add up to what's on the website for example( nothing 30 inches by my tape measure.)

Dimensions:16.00in x 19.00in x 24.00in for the A1.5.

I'm thinking about either adding another A2.4 vertically or a pair of the new A1.5's but is that depth X width X height? Should be listed that way on the website for us dummies who aren't good at math.


Here you go:








Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Madmax67 and rhelliott2 like this.

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
BufordTJustice is offline  
post #4732 of 6036 Old 11-23-2019, 07:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jon Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,916
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 1383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
I can't figure out the 1.5's dimensions. My A2.4 doesn't add up to what's on the website for example( nothing 30 inches by my tape measure.)

Dimensions:16.00in x 19.00in x 24.00in for the A1.5.

I'm thinking about either adding another A2.4 vertically or a pair of the new A1.5's but is that depth X width X height? Should be listed that way on the website for us dummies who aren't good at math.
The short bulleted list of attributes to the right of the product photo are shipped weights and measures. There the A1.5 appears as a shipped pair. The A2.4 and A5.5 ship individually.

Product specifications should reappear in a tab further down shortly.
BufordTJustice likes this.

Chane Music & Cinema
For solid referrals always look for real user experience.
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Jon Lane is offline  
post #4733 of 6036 Old 11-23-2019, 06:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Bigbirney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Omaha Ne
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 160
I am in love with my Chane A1.5s. I am considering moving them down to my Theater and buying 3 2.4's for my LCR. Will be powered by an Outlaw 5000. I am looking for approximate height for stands so that the vertical 2.4's will be at ear level.
BufordTJustice and rhelliott2 like this.

Basement HT 5.1.2 - Marantz 6012, Outlaw 5000 - ELAC Debut F5 Towers, C5 Center, B5 Bookshelves - JTR Captivator 1200XS - BenQ2050a 92" Silver Ticket
Upstairs Living Room, Music 2.1 - Anthem MRX520 - Pair of Chane A1.5's, - SVS SB 2000 - Projekt Debut turntable - LG 55" B8 OLED
Bedroom 2.1 - Denon AVR740h - KEf Q300 Bookshelves - Klipsch R-10SW - TCL 49"
Bigbirney is offline  
post #4734 of 6036 Old 11-23-2019, 08:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 5,418
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2464 Post(s)
Liked: 2723
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
Let me just take some pictures for you with a tape measure. Give me a few minutes here and I’ll post them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you sir. Sorry it's been a long day today.
BufordTJustice likes this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #4735 of 6036 Old 11-23-2019, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 5,418
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2464 Post(s)
Liked: 2723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Lane View Post
The short bulleted list of attributes to the right of the product photo are shipped weights and measures. There the A1.5 appears as a shipped pair. The A2.4 and A5.5 ship individually.

Product specifications should reappear in a tab further down shortly.
Ah, ok Jon thank you. That makes sense. My brain must have been a bit scrambled last night to not realize those were shipping dimensions.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #4736 of 6036 Old 11-23-2019, 08:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 5,418
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2464 Post(s)
Liked: 2723
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
Here you go
You are the man !
BufordTJustice likes this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #4737 of 6036 Old 11-23-2019, 08:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 5,418
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2464 Post(s)
Liked: 2723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidacat View Post
My A1.4's (same cabinet size as the 1.5?) is 13" H x 7" W x 10.5" D including grill.
That looks spot on to Buford's pics. Thanks.
BufordTJustice likes this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #4738 of 6036 Old 11-24-2019, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer
 
BufordTJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,927
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 829 Post(s)
Liked: 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbirney View Post
I am in love with my Chane A1.5s. I am considering moving them down to my Theater and buying 3 2.4's for my LCR. Will be powered by an Outlaw 5000. I am looking for approximate height for stands so that the vertical 2.4's will be at ear level.


I have a mid century modern couch that puts my ears on the low side. I use 24” stands for both the A2.4 and A1.5, but that’s barely tall enough for me.

My ear sits at 39.5” from the ground. The rear of the couch cushion sits right at 28” high (mid shoulder blade). The 24” stand is barely acceptable for me.

So i would advise going with a 26” or even 28” (for the A1.5) mass-loadable stand (like the four post monoprice stands) for most listening use cases.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbirney likes this.

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
BufordTJustice is offline  
post #4739 of 6036 Old 11-25-2019, 11:13 AM
Senior Member
 
zeekle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: nashville tn
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
If you have a subwoofer in the mix then maybe not that big of a drop off but if not then the towers will have better bass extension and output at higher levels to compensate for the loss of the 8 inch Athena's woofers. If you go the LCR A2.4 route I'd use a fillable speaker stand(steel shot or sand) and blu tack on the speaker base. You'll also need to rotate the A2.4's tweeters that are to be used vertically 180°.

Well I went on and bit the bullet on the 5.5s After factoring in some speaker stands the difference in price wasn't that much considering how long I tend to go between speaker upgrades. Hopefully they will ship sometime soon.
BufordTJustice and kma100 like this.
zeekle is offline  
post #4740 of 6036 Old 11-25-2019, 10:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 5,418
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2464 Post(s)
Liked: 2723
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekle View Post


Well I went on and bit the bullet on the 5.5s After factoring in some speaker stands the difference in price wasn't that much considering how long I tend to go between speaker upgrades. Hopefully they will ship sometime soon.
Good deal. That's always been my issue as well justifying LCR's over towers with the added stand cost. Be careful getting them out of the box and moved because Chane speakers are very dense. I had to duck walk my pair into place because I couldn't hold onto them by the sides and lift them up and move like I did with my other towers.
BufordTJustice likes this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
a1.4 , a2.4 , a5.4 , chane , l-series

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off