**The Official Chane Music and Cinema owner's thread** - Page 57 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7534Likes

post #1681 of 4885 Old 06-06-2016, 11:09 AM
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2316 Post(s)
Liked: 3548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Lane View Post
The new model costs a little more but testing indicates it's a sound investment for the audible returns.
"a sound investment for the audible returns"? No pun intended?
BufordTJustice and Madmax67 like this.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1682 of 4885 Old 06-06-2016, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 740 Post(s)
Liked: 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuKinger View Post
How would you guys describe these "leaf tweeters" to someone who is only familiar with your typical soft dome tweeter (like a Polk, for example) or a typical horn-loaded tweeter (like a Klipsch, for example)? What do they excel at? What criticism might you have for it? Pros-and-cons? Do they have more in common with one or the other, or are they an entirely different beast?
All very good questions. YOU might want to read this thread as Jon addresses some of the questions that YOU are asking:

http://www.chanemusiccinema.com/foru...MT-RAAL-ribbon

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Phil
BufordTJustice likes this.
post #1683 of 4885 Old 06-07-2016, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2353 Post(s)
Liked: 2648
Well I've been lurking here for a while and reading this whole thread (at least in reference to currently available speakers) and I have finally decided to get off the research fence and get some Chane speakers so I've ordered a pair of A5rx-c towers and I'm pretty excited to hear what everyone has been talking about with my own ears. Thanks to Jon and his multiple detailed and helpful responses over several days and the last phone conversation we had before I finally made the order.

Also thanks to @Soulburner and @BufordTJustice for a spirited dialogue and debate which is always good to keep any thread from devolving into just an echo chamber. This actually helped narrow down what I was looking for and gave me confidence I was getting the right speaker and sound for me. Can't wait to actually get them and set them up properly in my space and start listening to some content.

Also @GusGus748s comments really helped as well because he's actually owned the A5's right after having owned the A3's and I weighed his thoughts and opinions heavily as well. There were others that I haven't mentioned but am grateful for their feedback and insights also. Really helped as a prospective buyer.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html

Last edited by Madmax67; 06-07-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1684 of 4885 Old 06-07-2016, 05:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 3101 Post(s)
Liked: 2893
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuKinger View Post
How would you guys describe these "leaf tweeters" to someone who is only familiar with your typical soft dome tweeter (like a Polk, for example) or a typical horn-loaded tweeter (like a Klipsch, for example)? What do they excel at? What criticism might you have for it? Pros-and-cons? Do they have more in common with one or the other, or are they an entirely different beast?
See post 1657.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #1685 of 4885 Old 06-14-2016, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Any future plans to add some smaller speakers for heights & surrounds? Trying to find something to match my A5's & A2 but would rather wait for Chane's if they may be available soon.

Thanks
Madmax67 likes this.
post #1686 of 4885 Old 06-14-2016, 10:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dago52 View Post
Any future plans to add some smaller speakers for heights & surrounds? Trying to find something to match my A5's & A2 but would rather wait for Chane's if they may be available soon.

Thanks
I'm interested in this as well. Read some previous forum talk that maybe a dedicated surround speaker(bipole) might be in the works but it didn't come from Jon I believe. I know many have used the bookshelves as side surrounds and for multi channel music listening I can see that working well but I'm curious how non dedicated surrounds like that work with dispersing the effects sent to the surround channels in movies. I currently use a pair of wide dispersion monopoles as side surrounds and they work very well but they aren't bookshelf speakers. I too as a new Chane owner would eventually like to have my whole speakers be matching Chane's.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #1687 of 4885 Old 06-14-2016, 11:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just received my A5rx-c towers from Fed-Ex today and got them unboxed and set up on my Auralex pad's and room corrected. My first thoughts were that the speaker was very compact and nice and heavy. I like heavy. Set them up as large in bass mgmt with no sub to get through any break in period which I've read is now significantly reduced (20 to 30 hours.) Listening to some classical music on my Directv and I like what I hear so far. These speakers are narrow and that's a plus with my smaller space as they take up less space than my Klipsch towers I just took out of the room. I've left the grilles off just to admire the drivers but I'll probably put them back on at some time unless there's any audible reason I don't know about to leave them off.

I'm going to run them without my non Chane center as a phantom center until I can order the upcoming A2.4 center channel and dialogue sounds very clear and easily discernible even at lower listening levels so I'm happy there as well. I don't have space side to side to install the lower stand with the spiked feet but they are a nice touch for those who can. The foam plugs for the bass port was included as well but I'm fairly far away from the back wall so no issues there and I'll leave them open I think but again a nice touch. Haven't had a chance to watch a movie with more dynamic content yet but that's on my tomorrow to do list. I think I'm going to like planar tweeters over my old tractrix horns. Heck, I like them already. After the last several days of watching the news these new speakers are just what the doctor ordered. A pleasant break from reality. I don't think I'll need 30 days to decide to keep these I think I just needed 30 seconds after hooking them up and room EQ'ing them but thanks for the thought @jonlane ! I've also angled them a bit in towards me. If I had to guess using my smartphone as a straight edge/protractor I'd say it's about 15° or so. Again I don't have a lot of room to experiment with spacing and angles but this seemed acceptable and sounds great so I'll stick with that unless someone
disagrees. About all for now I just wanted to give my first impressions while they were still fresh.

chucky7 and audiofreak38 like this.

post #1688 of 4885 Old 06-15-2016, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Just received my A5rx-c towers from Fed-Ex today and got them unboxed and set up on my Auralex pad's and room corrected. My first thoughts were that the speaker was very compact and nice and heavy. I like heavy. Set them up as large in bass mgmt with no sub to get through any break in period which I've read is now significantly reduced (20 to 30 hours.) Listening to some classical music on my Directv and I like what I hear so far. These speakers are narrow and that's a plus with my smaller space as they take up less space than my Klipsch towers I just took out of the room. I've left the grilles off just to admire the drivers but I'll probably put them back on at some time unless there's any audible reason I don't know about to leave them off.

I'm going to run them without my non Chane center as a phantom center until I can order the upcoming A2.4 center channel and dialogue sounds very clear and easily discernible even at lower listening levels so I'm happy there as well. I don't have space side to side to install the lower stand with the spiked feet but they are a nice touch for those who can. The foam plugs for the bass port was included as well but I'm fairly far away from the back wall so no issues there and I'll leave them open I think but again a nice touch. Haven't had a chance to watch a movie with more dynamic content yet but that's on my tomorrow to do list. I think I'm going to like planar tweeters over my old tractrix horns. Heck, I like them already. After the last several days of watching the news these new speakers are just what the doctor ordered. A pleasant break from reality. I don't think I'll need 30 days to decide to keep these I think I just needed 30 seconds after hooking them up and room EQ'ing them but thanks for the thought @jonlane ! I've also angled them a bit in towards me. If I had to guess using my smartphone as a straight edge/protractor I'd say it's about 15° or so. Again I don't have a lot of room to experiment with spacing and angles but this seemed acceptable and sounds great so I'll stick with that unless someone
disagrees. About all for now I just wanted to give my first impressions while they were still fresh.

Wow man sounds like you are up and running! Congrats on the new speakers. Just curious did you rerun whatever room correction system that you are using after toeing in the A5's? If not, then it is probably a very good idea to do so. BTW, can you snap some pics for all us to see? Inquiring minds want to know....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
post #1689 of 4885 Old 06-15-2016, 12:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofreak38 View Post
Wow man sounds like you are up and running! Congrats on the new speakers. Just curious did you rerun whatever room correction system that you are using after toeing in the A5's? If not, then it is probably a very good idea to do so. BTW, can you snap some pics for all us to see? Inquiring minds want to know....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
Yes I am. Thanks. It's funny you mention running my room correction because when I got the speakers from FedEx( the driver came late because he wanted to make sure someone was home) I was so excited that I unhooked my Klipsch's, dragged them into the hallway and just set the A5's on the pads, plugged in my banana plugs and cranked it up. Without redoing my room correction!

Suffice it to say where Audyssey sets filters for Klipsch speakers is nowhere similar to Chane's. They sounded like they were broken till I realized I was just a dummy and ran Audyssey again 😱.

I will get some pics but my DLP just went out and my big screen is turned completely backwards with the back cover off and the video board pulled out of it on my stand so it's a mess. Have my backup t.v. Sitting on top of an old tower and my current center channel😠. (I hate color wheels) but I will try to take some pictures soon. So far so good. Still breaking them in so if they get even better sounding that would be great but they sound pretty darn good right out of the box.

And yes, I ran Audyssey only after angling in the speakers. A good point to make to all of us though. I've done stuff like that in the past with moving speakers.

audiofreak38 likes this.

post #1690 of 4885 Old 06-15-2016, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes I am. Thanks. It's funny you mention running my room correction because when I got the speakers from FedEx( the driver came late because he wanted to make sure someone was home) I was so excited that I unhooked my Klipsch's, dragged them into the hallway and just set the A5's on the pads, plugged in my banana plugs and cranked it up. Without redoing my room correction!

Suffice it to say where Audyssey sets filters for Klipsch speakers is nowhere similar to Chane's. They sounded like they were broken till I realized I was just a dummy and ran Audyssey again 😱.

I will get some pics but my DLP just went out and my big screen is turned completely backwards with the back cover off and the video board pulled out of it on my stand so it's a mess. Have my backup t.v. Sitting on top of an old tower and my current center channel😠. (I hate color wheels) but I will try to take some pictures soon. So far so good. Still breaking them in so if they get even better sounding that would be great but they sound pretty darn good right out of the box.

And yes, I ran Audyssey only after angling in the speakers. A good point to make to all of us though. I've done stuff like that in the past with moving speakers.

Great! Looking forward to some pics then. The A5's will sound better once fully broken in. Have read that many times by various owners. Can't wait for the A2.4's to be released! They are really going to be something special!

Cheers,

Phil
post #1691 of 4885 Old 06-15-2016, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Great! Looking forward to some pics then. The A5's will sound better once fully broken in. Have read that many times by various owners. Can't wait for the A2.4's to be released! They are really going to be something special!

Cheers,

Phil
Me too. I'm ordering one the minute Jon sends me the notification that I can.

post #1692 of 4885 Old 06-15-2016, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Yeah I don't blame you. Thinking about ordering one to use as a center channel to my Taylo Reference Monitors. Not sure yet if it really is going to be needed. Plan to figure all of that out this weekend. Heck, might even order a set of the A1.4's to use as rears. Not really into HT too much anymore. My focus is much more on music listening! But, do like to watch a movie/BR every once in a while. Keep us posted. Thanks once again my friend.

Cheers,

Phil
Madmax67 likes this.
post #1693 of 4885 Old 06-15-2016, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah I don't blame you. Thinking about ordering one to use as a center channel to my Taylo Reference Monitors. Not sure yet if it really is going to be needed. Plan to figure all of that out this weekend. Heck, might even order a set of the A1.4's to use as rears. Not really into HT too much anymore. My focus is much more on music listening! But, do like to watch a movie/BR every once in a while. Keep us posted. Thanks once again my friend.

Cheers,

Phil
Yeah, I'd like to eventually have all my speakers be matching Chane's. Movies is mostly what I watch/listen to but lately I've been listening to a lot more music as I mainly did in my past. You're welcome and thanks for the encouragement.

-Tom

audiofreak38 likes this.

post #1694 of 4885 Old 06-15-2016, 03:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 859
**The Official Chane M&C 'Arx' owner's thread (A1, A1b, A2, A2b, A3, A5, etc.)**

I love music also guys (classic rock primarily). Love my Chane A3/A2 front stage. Wish they had in-ceiling speaker for Atmos, so I went with RSL C34e's and they sound great. I may buy Chane 1.4 for my rears, currently using older Celestion small bookshelfs. My other set-up is the Polk LSiM 703s and those puppies really rock & have punch. My rears due to open concept are in-ceiling Polk RC80i's & they rock especially after I ran Audyssey program w/my Denon AVR

Yet another Tom..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
audiofreak38 likes this.

Primary set-up 5.2.4; Yamaha A2050, Paired w/Parasound P5 & ATI 522NC 2 channel amp
Revel F206 fronts & Revel M16 rears; 2 Outlaw X12 Subs & 4 RSL C34e in-ceilings

Secondary 5.1: Denon S900W, Polk LSiM703/704C, Polk RC80i in-ceiling rears, RSL Speedwoofer 10s

Last edited by yanks1; 06-15-2016 at 04:33 PM.
post #1695 of 4885 Old 06-15-2016, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 1112
Quote:
Can't wait for the A2.4's to be released! They are really going to be something special!
Quote:
You guys are fantastic. We've got a lot of site work going on now but as it comes to a close this week and next both new models will open for preorder. Alerts will go out to everyone who reserved one or both.

Quote:
I'd like to eventually have all my speakers be matching Chane's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks1 View Post
Love my Chane A3/A2 front stage. Wish they had in-ceiling speaker for Atmos...
I want to offer a compact affordable onwall based on a special small driver we developed. I think we'll do this at some point this year. I need to take another poll...

Chane Music & Cinema
Need advice? Avoid speculation; for solid referrals seek out real users.
post #1696 of 4885 Old 06-15-2016, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I love music also guys (classic rock primarily). Love my Chane A3/A2 front stage. Wish they had in-ceiling speaker for Atmos, so I went with RSL C34e's and they sound great.
Those are the angled in ceilings with the tweeter offset . I looked at those as well. Nice.

[quote/] I may buy Chane 1.4 for my rears, currently using older Celestion small bookshelfs. My other set-up is the Polk LSiM 703s and those puppies really rock & have punch. My rears due to open concept are Polk RC80i's & they rock also especially after I ran Audyssey program w/my Denon AVR [/quote]

I'm thinking of doing that as well but worried about dispersion as I'm within 4 feet or so of my side surrounds. Nice Polk's. Hear nothing but great things about them as well.

[quote/] Yet another Tom.. [/quote]

I know, we're everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

post #1697 of 4885 Old 06-15-2016, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You guys are fantastic. We've got a lot of site work going on now but as it comes to a close this week and next both new models will open for preorder. Alerts will go out to everyone who reserved one or both.
I had emailed you before ordering my A5's about getting on that A2.4 list and you responded so I hope that means I'm on it. I also joined your forum at Chane as well 😁. The A5's sound great . I don't miss my Klipsch's one bit and that surprises me because I really liked them. The break in continues.

[quote/] I want to offer a compact affordable onwall based on a special small driver we developed. I think we'll do this at some point this year. I need to take another poll...[/quote]

I know you don't want to say much about pending speakers for good reason but could this possibly be a bipole design or wide dispersion monopole and if not what do you think of using your A1.4's as side surrounds knowing that I'm seated about 4 to 4 and a half feet away from them mounted about 3 feet up the wall ? I currently use a pair of BIC PL-66 wide dispersion monopole and they are fine but I've never used dedicated bookshelf speakers as side surrounds before. Concerned about dispersion for movies effects not so much multi channel music listening which I'm sure they would be great for. TIA.

post #1698 of 4885 Old 06-15-2016, 04:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I love music also guys (classic rock primarily). Love my Chane A3/A2 front stage. Wish they had in-ceiling speaker for Atmos, so I went with RSL C34e's and they sound great. I may buy Chane 1.4 for my rears, currently using older Celestion small bookshelfs. My other set-up is the Polk LSiM 703s and those puppies really rock & have punch. My rears due to open concept are Polk RC80i's & they rock also especially after I ran Audyssey program w/my Denon AVR

Yet another Tom..

Classic Rocker here too......but I am a Phil not a Tom.....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
yanks1 likes this.
post #1699 of 4885 Old 06-15-2016, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I want to offer a compact affordable onwall based on a special small driver we developed. I think we'll do this at some point this year. I need to take another poll...
Jon, if it is okay with you I would like to post a few of my pics that shows the 24" HiVi stands that I purchased from you? My speakers are Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitors though. Just thought that I would ask first before doing so. Just trying to help you sell more 24" HiVi stands! May be ordering an A2.4 to use as a center and/or a set of the A1.4's for rears. Let me know. Thanks Jon!

Cheers,

Phil
BufordTJustice likes this.
post #1700 of 4885 Old 06-15-2016, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 859
**The Official Chane M&C 'Arx' owner's thread (A1, A1b, A2, A2b, A3, A5, etc.)**

Quote:
Those are the angled in ceilings with the tweeter offset . I looked at those as well. Nice.

[quote/] I may buy Chane 1.4 for my rears, currently using older Celestion small bookshelfs. My other set-up is the Polk LSiM 703s and those puppies really rock & have punch. My rears due to open concept are Polk RC80i's & they rock also especially after I ran Audyssey program w/my Denon AVR
I'm thinking of doing that as well but worried about dispersion as I'm within 4 feet or so of my side surrounds. Nice Polk's. Hear nothing but great things about them as well.

[quote/] Yet another Tom.. [/quote]

I know, we're everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Tom; yes indeed & the C34e seriously sound
as good as some small bookshelfs.

My tough Jersey Girl even couldn't believe how good & full sound they have. She initially thought the bookshelfs were still playing. I am testing & breaking in the RSLs with hole cut out in cardboard box to mimic a ceiling installation, they are truly wonderful.

I am testing them in NJ, but they are for our SC vacation home. We are headed there mid-next week for 2 1/2 week stay, but I have to work the 2nd week for my company from the house, but that's ok

Madmax67 likes this.

Primary set-up 5.2.4; Yamaha A2050, Paired w/Parasound P5 & ATI 522NC 2 channel amp
Revel F206 fronts & Revel M16 rears; 2 Outlaw X12 Subs & 4 RSL C34e in-ceilings

Secondary 5.1: Denon S900W, Polk LSiM703/704C, Polk RC80i in-ceiling rears, RSL Speedwoofer 10s
post #1701 of 4885 Old 06-15-2016, 04:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

[quote/] Tom; yes indeed & the C34e seriously sound
as good as some small bookshelfs.

My tough Jersey Girl even couldn't believe how good & full sound they have. She initially thought the bookshelfs were still playing. I am testing & breaking in the RSLs with hole cut out in cardboard box to mimic a ceiling installation, they are truly wonderful.

I am testing them in NJ, but they are for our SC vacation home. We are headed there mid-next week for 2 1/2 week stay, but I have to work the 2nd week for my company from the house, but that's ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk [/quote]

Good information thank you. Yeah, I'm from Rochester N.Y. originally then transplanted to Orlando , Florida and now in North Texas so I know about the allure of the South (was a scout in Florida as well so I've camped all over that area.) I shoveled my share of snow as a kid growing up in N.Y. near Lake Ontario and that was all by hand with 6 foot drifts so I can relate to wanting warmer climates😁 . The RSL's sound nice . Looks like their design works as intended.

BufordTJustice and yanks1 like this.

post #1702 of 4885 Old 06-16-2016, 03:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I had emailed you before ordering my A5's about getting on that A2.4 list and you responded so I hope that means I'm on it.
If you emailed, you're all set, Madmax. Thank you.

Quote:
could this possibly be a ... wide dispersion monopole ...
It could.

Quote:
what do you think of using your A1.4's as side surrounds knowing that I'm seated about 4 to 4 and a half feet away from them mounted about 3 feet up the wall?
They'll be fine. All things being more or less equal, sonic openness in a multi-way speaker - in this case a simple 2-way - is set mostly by the crossover. We tend to value that and so we get very few demerits for excessively tight directivity.

Quote:
Jon, if it is okay with you I would like to post a few of my pics that shows the 24" HiVi stands that I purchased from you?
It's not up to me but by all means, go right ahead, Phil.
audiofreak38 and Madmax67 like this.

Chane Music & Cinema
post #1703 of 4885 Old 06-16-2016, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If you emailed, you're all set, Madmax. Thank you.
I did and thank you.

[quote/] It could. [/quote]

Interesting

[quote/] They'll be fine. All things being more or less equal, sonic openness in a multi-way speaker - in this case a simple 2-way - is set mostly by the crossover. We tend to value that and so we get very few demerits for excessively tight directivity.
[/quote]

Got it. Understood.

post #1704 of 4885 Old 06-16-2016, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Okay with Jon Lane's permission I will post a few pics showing the 24" HiVi stands that I purchased from him. Maybe my pics will give a different spin on them for people to look at. The stands really are an incredible deal that Jon offers. So, here we are:

Cheers,

Phil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0301.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	337.5 KB
ID:	1501561   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0302.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	341.1 KB
ID:	1501569   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0311.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	1501577   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0310.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	330.1 KB
ID:	1501585   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0325.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	337.1 KB
ID:	1501593  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0330.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	326.3 KB
ID:	1501601   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0309.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	311.9 KB
ID:	1501609   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0306.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	337.9 KB
ID:	1501617   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0324.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	1501625   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0312.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	321.8 KB
ID:	1501633  

post #1705 of 4885 Old 06-17-2016, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 51
@audiofreak38

Stands look great!! But.. can you spare some candy??

Also question to Jon and the group- I've finally made my decision and will be looking to purchase a pair of the A5rx-c's for my first surround sound system. If money permits, will be adding an A2.4 for my center channel too =]. Easy question here, how long will the current sale for the A5rx-c be running and what is the normal retail price? I don't move into my new place until around Thanksgiving time, though I would consider making my purchase earlier for the savings! Thanks!
audiofreak38 likes this.
post #1706 of 4885 Old 06-17-2016, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNewGuy View Post
I've finally made my decision and will be looking to purchase a pair of the A5rx-c's for my first surround sound system. If money permits, will be adding an A2.4 for my center channel too =].
Thanks, ANG. It's a potent combo, as you will find.

Quote:
Easy question here, how long will the current sale for the A5rx-c be running and what is the normal retail price? I don't move into my new place until around Thanksgiving time, though I would consider making my purchase earlier for the savings.
The promo is for as long as supplies last or for summer, whichever term is shorter. I don't expect we'll end it before August but naturally there are no guarantees. For other price info kindly drop us an email.
audiofreak38 and Madmax67 like this.

Chane Music & Cinema
post #1707 of 4885 Old 06-17-2016, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@audiofreak38

Stands look great!! But.. can you spare some candy??

Also question to Jon and the group- I've finally made my decision and will be looking to purchase a pair of the A5rx-c's for my first surround sound system. If money permits, will be adding an A2.4 for my center channel too =]. Easy question here, how long will the current sale for the A5rx-c be running and what is the normal retail price? I don't move into my new place until around Thanksgiving time, though I would consider making my purchase earlier for the savings! Thanks!
Thanks a lot! I also think that the 24" Hivi stands look great. Noticed that some of my pics are a bit on the dark side. However, the same pics I posted over @audioholics seem to look better. As such, I will provide a link for anyone that wants to take a closer look. Perhaps, may snap a few more pics just to merely showcase the stands. Hope to help Jon sell many of them! Here is a link folks:

https://forums.audioholics.com/forum...-there.104232/

I go by the username Speakerman39 over @audioholics . Hope not to confuse anyone. As far as the candy goes, I sell them and have done quite well. Nothing wrong w/making an extra buck or two.......LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
post #1708 of 4885 Old 07-04-2016, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just pre ordered my new A2.4 center channel. Best Fourth of July ever!

Been using my new A5's without any bass mgmt. , subs or even a center channel hooked up now almost a month for the break in period and the imaging sounds fantastic. Can't wait to see what the A2.4 adds to it 😁.

post #1709 of 4885 Old 07-04-2016, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just pre ordered my new A2.4 center channel. Best Fourth of July ever!

Been using my new A5's without any bass mgmt. , subs or even a center channel hooked up now almost a month for the break in period and the imaging sounds fantastic. Can't wait to see what the A2.4 adds to it 😁.
Congrats Max. I so want to order (3) of the A2.4's, but have hit a few financial set-backs. Trying my best to rectify that. When I do, plan to give the A2.4's a chance. Might even end up with a set of the A1.4's in the rear. Don't have the room for 7.1. Hopefully, I can order soon. Be sure to keep us posted with lots and lots of pics.....LOL!!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
post #1710 of 4885 Old 07-04-2016, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Congrats Max. I so want to order (3) of the A2.4's, but have hit a few financial set-backs. Trying my best to rectify that. When I do, plan to give the A2.4's a chance. Might even end up with a set of the A1.4's in the rear. Don't have the room for 7.1. Hopefully, I can order soon. Be sure to keep us posted with lots and lots of pics.....LOL!!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
Thank you my friend. Yeah, the total upgrade has eaten into some other budget upgrades I had planned but the value for the money is totally worth it but I'll have to get my old system sold on CL and wait a bit longer on upgrading my old receiver. Worth it for the sound that's coming out of my speakers though . Hang in there as I've been in the money crunch situation as well and it's always been temporary👍. Hope the same for you.
audiofreak38 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
a1.4 , a2.4 , a5.4 , chane , l-series

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page