**The Official Chane Music and Cinema owner's thread** - Page 92 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7534Likes

post #2731 of 4885 Old 08-11-2017, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
I just checked and it appears to be. You should be good.

These XBL2/SplitGap motors and magnetic planar tweeters seem to love current capability, though they certainly don't require it.

I'm kinda excited to hear your impressions when you get everything up and running.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Lol. So am I!

I could probably put a set together with less watts for cheaper, but could only find that one as a kit, but def set on this route.
BufordTJustice likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2732 of 4885 Old 08-11-2017, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
I just checked and it appears to be. You should be good.

These XBL2/SplitGap motors and magnetic planar tweeters seem to love current capability, though they certainly don't require it.

I'm kinda excited to hear your impressions when you get everything up and running.

Lol. So am i!

Could probably put together a set with less watts for cheaper on their site, but think they only have the NC400 as a kit, but def going this route.
post #2733 of 4885 Old 08-11-2017, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 1107
Quote:
Originally Posted by HevyDevy View Post
Lol. So am I!

I could probably put a set together with less watts for cheaper, but could only find that one as a kit, but def set on this route.
You won't regret it. It's just enough overkill that you'll love it.

HevyDevy likes this.

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2734 of 4885 Old 08-12-2017, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-rab View Post
Check-in with Mark Seaton at Seaton Sound for a MFW-15 Turbo-SS. Tremendous sub, a bit of a hidden secret (unfortunately) IMHO. I've had it for a year and never once did I have any regrets.
I was personally at his shop recently and I ended up w/ dual subM's as he said he was out of MFW drivers. I saw a lot of cabs but IIRC he was in the process of having new drivers built to spec. Maybe I miss understood as I was wanting to grab a few but I was under the impression he had non that were ready for sale.
BufordTJustice and A-rab like this.

AVR = Sherbourn SR-120
Speakers = 2 Arx/Chane towers(5.1), dual Arx bookshelves(1.1) as center duty +LR/RR
Subs = Dual JTR 2400's
For sale = JTR 218HT captivator https://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-a...l#post58490876
post #2735 of 4885 Old 08-13-2017, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlifter405 View Post
I was personally at his shop recently and I ended up w/ dual subM's as he said he was out of MFW drivers. I saw a lot of cabs but IIRC he was in the process of having new drivers built to spec. Maybe I miss understood as I was wanting to grab a few but I was under the impression he had non that were ready for sale.

Looks like you went for an upgrade! Which SubMersive did you end up going with ?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #2736 of 4885 Old 08-13-2017, 01:57 PM

I acquired dual SubM's, 4000w HP+ and slave but even after extensive tweaking with eq settings, distance etc. I ended up preferring my JTR 218.
The SubM's did have a bit more detail and the rosenut finish was very nice but it is what it is, so I sent them back to Mark.
BufordTJustice and A-rab like this.

AVR = Sherbourn SR-120
Speakers = 2 Arx/Chane towers(5.1), dual Arx bookshelves(1.1) as center duty +LR/RR
Subs = Dual JTR 2400's
For sale = JTR 218HT captivator https://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-a...l#post58490876
post #2737 of 4885 Old 08-13-2017, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
I acquired dual SubM's, 4000w HP+ and slave but even after extensive tweaking with eq settings, distance etc. I ended up preferring my JTR 218.
The SubM's did have a bit more detail and the rosenut finish was very nice but it is what it is, so I sent them back to Mark.
I've heard the original Seaton Submersive and it was impressive in that room. I liked it a lot.

Would you mind commenting on what turned your toward the JTR? They're both excellent companies with excellent subwoofers.

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Krell Showcase 7.1/Anthem Statement D1 pre/pros | Musical Concepts' LX Elite Mini-Platinum Mod Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Bluesound Node 2/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD/DVD-A | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | custom-finished Chane A5rx-c surrounds | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES.
post #2738 of 4885 Old 08-13-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
I've heard the original Seaton Submersive and it was impressive in that room. I liked it a lot.
Would you mind commenting on what turned your toward the JTR? They're both excellent companies with excellent subwoofers.
A bit more than 2 years ago I had contemplated getting a sub to add more umph to our HT system. We love the Arx and the wife would have been happy w/ the 5ch system but I like to kick it up a notch

I did the usual try to find the best bang for the buck, F18's, SVS options, and so on. I essentially considered JTR and Seaton more than I wanted to spend. I came across RA and after being offered dual 18's for $2 shipped I jumped on board w/ a 6-8 week eta IIRC. I want to say 4 months pass, I cancel the order and after 2 days of calls and text I finally get a full refund. A short while later RA website is non-existent as is their activity here.

I heard about the MFW option so I looked into that and if memory serves me correct I was offered dual MFW's or a SubM, can't exactly recall. I was hesitant due to room size as the sub mentality taught is more is better, etc, etc. and being a noob on the subject I kind of bought into fearing a lack of decent output. In retrospect I had gone dual MFW's I probably would have thought they were great or even a single SubM I would have been thinking this is cool. BUT, Jeff had just recently started posting about a new 218 he was working on, everyone started salivating and I happened to trade a few emails w/ him while all this was going on. I originally was considering the 118 or 1400 but in an email he offered me a prototype shipped for one heck of a deal. I called him to confirm, paid up and then 3 days later it was at the fedex freight center. FedEx was a whole other bs deal but just the OMFG factor of it made it worth it. When folks see it in person, mindf-in blown. Then I run through Terminator Gyn, Finding Nemo and a few utube vid clips and when their clothes have some feel and the couch has a rumble through it, thats icing on the cake.

I've had no real follow up service w/ Jeff so I have no input on after fact support. I hear he's busy and supposedly will take care of business but hopefully I never have to find out.

I would like to get the room REW'd up and get some room treatments (at least thats what I hear i should be doing but really not sure how to start) and then see how things improve. I wonder if fine tuning via REW combined w/ room treatments will help gain any additional detail and SQ.

AVR = Sherbourn SR-120
Subs = Dual JTR 2400's
post #2739 of 4885 Old 08-14-2017, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
A bit more than 2 years ago I had contemplated getting a sub to add more umph to our HT system. We love the Arx and the wife would have been happy w/ the 5ch system but I like to kick it up a notch

I did the usual try to find the best bang for the buck, F18's, SVS options, and so on. I essentially considered JTR and Seaton more than I wanted to spend. I came across RA and after being offered dual 18's for $2 shipped I jumped on board w/ a 6-8 week eta IIRC. I want to say 4 months pass, I cancel the order and after 2 days of calls and text I finally get a full refund. A short while later RA website is non-existent as is their activity here.

I heard about the MFW option so I looked into that and if memory serves me correct I was offered dual MFW's or a SubM, can't exactly recall. I was hesitant due to room size as the sub mentality taught is more is better, etc, etc. and being a noob on the subject I kind of bought into fearing a lack of decent output. In retrospect I had gone dual MFW's I probably would have thought they were great or even a single SubM I would have been thinking this is cool. BUT, Jeff had just recently started posting about a new 218 he was working on, everyone started salivating and I happened to trade a few emails w/ him while all this was going on. I originally was considering the 118 or 1400 but in an email he offered me a prototype shipped for one heck of a deal. I called him to confirm, paid up and then 3 days later it was at the fedex freight center. FedEx was a whole other bs deal but just the OMFG factor of it made it worth it. When folks see it in person, mindf-in blown. Then I run through Terminator Gyn, Finding Nemo and a few utube vid clips and when their clothes have some feel and the couch has a rumble through it, thats icing on the cake.

I've had no real follow up service w/ Jeff so I have no input on after fact support. I hear he's busy and supposedly will take care of business but hopefully I never have to find out.

I would like to get the room REW'd up and get some room treatments (at least thats what I hear i should be doing but really not sure how to start) and then see how things improve. I wonder if fine tuning via REW combined w/ room treatments will help gain any additional detail and SQ.
Thank you for sharing. Room treatments that actually work for bass are typically large as they need to act upon very long wavelengths.

The 218 looks imposing. I think there are some who write-off larger subs using pro drivers because they don't "look" like they're capable of serious bass. But, as you've found out, looks can be deceiving.

post #2740 of 4885 Old 08-14-2017, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I should be receiving my full set of A2.4s and A1.4s this week. Very excited to get going on breaking them in.

Any recommendations for stands for the A1.4 set that I will be placing as my surrounds? They would be placed just rear of our couch. I spoke with Jon regarding placement and may close up the rear ports due to not being able to give more than 6" of space to the R surround.
post #2741 of 4885 Old 08-14-2017, 10:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1366 Post(s)
Liked: 1565
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3ro View Post
I should be receiving my full set of A2.4s and A1.4s this week. Very excited to get going on breaking them in.

Any recommendations for stands for the A1.4 set that I will be placing as my surrounds? They would be placed just rear of our couch. I spoke with Jon regarding placement and may close up the rear ports due to not being able to give more than 6" of space to the R surround.
Can you put on the walls?
If not, check out Pangea stands via amazon. I have them for A2.4s they sturdy.
BufordTJustice and yanks1 like this.

Set up #1 Speakers LR: Tekton Enzo XL ; Center: Tekton Pendragon Subs (2) 2019 JTR 118HTs
Set up #2 : QA3020i LR, Center: Emotiva C1 Subs (2) HSU VTF2 MK5,
post #2742 of 4885 Old 08-14-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpk1970 View Post
Can you put on the walls?
If not, check out Pangea stands via amazon. I have them for A2.4s they sturdy.
I wish I could wall mount them! Unfortunately won't be able to due to the shape of the room and unequal wall distances on the sides of the room.

Those Pangea stands look great! Which size did you opt for? Also, did you affix the speakers to the stands with anything?
mpk1970 likes this.
post #2743 of 4885 Old 08-14-2017, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 859
Pangea stands are Very good, have them for my pair of Revel M16 surrounds
h3ro, BufordTJustice and mpk1970 like this.

Primary set-up 5.2.4; Yamaha A2050, Paired w/Parasound P5 & ATI 522NC 2 channel amp
Revel F206 fronts & Revel M16 rears; 2 Outlaw X12 Subs & 4 RSL C34e in-ceilings

Secondary 5.1: Denon S900W, Polk LSiM703/704C, Polk RC80i in-ceiling rears, RSL Speedwoofer 10s
post #2744 of 4885 Old 08-14-2017, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
I wish I could wall mount them! Unfortunately won't be able to due to the shape of the room and unequal wall distances on the sides of the room.

Those Pangea stands look great! Which size did you opt for? Also, did you affix the speakers to the stands with anything?
If you google earthquake putty, there are plenty of options.
h3ro and mpk1970 like this.

post #2745 of 4885 Old 08-14-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Thank you for sharing. Room treatments that actually work for bass are typically large as they need to act upon very long wavelengths.

The 218 looks imposing. I think there are some who write-off larger subs using pro drivers because they don't "look" like they're capable of serious bass. But, as you've found out, looks can be deceiving.
It can be imposing I suppose. In the '218 bang for your buck' thread I think I had pic uploaded of it on the pallet in the back of my F350 and it's obvious at that point it is no slouch in the size department.

On the output I've yet to be able to know if I'm really cranking it up but I have the amp gain at the 1015ish position and my AVR is range is -5 down to -7. Of course the slight variation being movie dependent but at the end of the day just based upon the JTR feedback combined with database would have never made me think that his offerings weren't highly capable, boarding on excessive

AVR = Sherbourn SR-120
Subs = Dual JTR 2400's
post #2746 of 4885 Old 08-14-2017, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
It can be imposing I suppose. In the '218 bang for your buck' thread I think I had pic uploaded of it on the pallet in the back of my F350 and it's obvious at that point it is no slouch in the size department.

On the output I've yet to be able to know if I'm really cranking it up but I have the amp gain at the 1015ish position and my AVR is range is -5 down to -7. Of course the slight variation being movie dependent but at the end of the day just based upon the JTR feedback combined with database would have never made me think that his offerings weren't highly capable, boarding on excessive
Brother, I bet that beast could cure kidney stones!!!

powerlifter405 and Morames like this.

post #2747 of 4885 Old 08-15-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Brother, I bet that beast could cure kidney stones!!!
yep!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy-downsized.gif
Views:	65
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	2268248  

AVR = Sherbourn SR-120
Subs = Dual JTR 2400's
post #2748 of 4885 Old 08-18-2017, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 1895
Finally some action on the web site....

https://www.chanemusiccinema.com/a-s...product_id=219
post #2749 of 4885 Old 08-18-2017, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 859
Great to hear; sure sounds like another great speaker from Jon & company
BufordTJustice and mpk1970 like this.

Primary set-up 5.2.4; Yamaha A2050, Paired w/Parasound P5 & ATI 522NC 2 channel amp
Revel F206 fronts & Revel M16 rears; 2 Outlaw X12 Subs & 4 RSL C34e in-ceilings

Secondary 5.1: Denon S900W, Polk LSiM703/704C, Polk RC80i in-ceiling rears, RSL Speedwoofer 10s
post #2750 of 4885 Old 08-18-2017, 05:35 PM

Just got my shipment in! A weekend full of unboxing and breaking in a set of 3 A2.4s and 2 A1.4s!

Also, just put in an order for Pangea LS300 28" stands for my surrounds.
post #2751 of 4885 Old 08-18-2017, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter
Audio Engineer

Quote:
Just got my shipment in! A weekend full of unboxing and breaking in a set of 3 A2.4s and 2 A1.4s!

Also, just put in an order for Pangea LS300 28" stands for my surrounds.
Pics!!!!

h3ro likes this.

post #2752 of 4885 Old 08-21-2017, 12:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1788 Post(s)
Liked: 1629
Just wanted to chime in, the Chane A1.4 and Parasound HCA-1500a are still working beautifully. I am moving in the next couple months and will have a dedicated space for them which I am definitely looking forward to.

Still keeping an eye out for a matching preamp but they are hard to come by!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BufordTJustice and yanks1 like this.

5.1: Samsung PN60F5300 | Sony BDP-S1700 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12

2.0: Oppo DV-980H | Apple Airport Express | Topping D30 | Parasound HCA-1500a | Chane A1.4
post #2753 of 4885 Old 08-21-2017, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I've got a pair of Chane A1RX-C speakers in great condition for sale. Only issue is one small wear spot at the top of the grill on one speaker, very hard to see. Foam plugs and original boxes included. Asking $200 plus shipping and Paypal fees. Located in Denver. Will include stands for a local sale.

Selling because I'm switching from a 2.1 setup to a 2.0 setup with floor-standing speakers due to moving into a much smaller office with no room for a sub.
post #2754 of 4885 Old 08-21-2017, 08:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2353 Post(s)
Liked: 2648
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngf1sh View Post
I've got a pair of Chane A1RX-C speakers in great condition for sale. Only issue is one small wear spot at the top of the grill on one speaker, very hard to see. Foam plugs and original boxes included. Asking $200 plus shipping and Paypal fees. Located in Denver. Will include stands for a local sale.

Selling because I'm switching from a 2.1 setup to a 2.0 setup with floor-standing speakers due to moving into a much smaller office with no room for a sub.
This is an owners forum not the classified thread. I suggest you post it where the majority on AVS are looking to buy something instead of where owners who already have Chane speakers are. Good luck with your sale.
healthnut and BufordTJustice like this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #2755 of 4885 Old 08-21-2017, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@k1ngf1sh

Oh, ok. You've already got an ad. Why didn't you say that? It's just odd seeing ad like posts pop up in owners forums. Not a big deal I guess unless it's frowned upon. I do still wish you good luck and you might also try CL and mobile apps like Letgo and Offerup etc.. I've had good luck with CL lately on some speaker sales.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html

Last edited by Madmax67; 08-21-2017 at 08:51 PM.
post #2756 of 4885 Old 08-21-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
This is an owners forum not the classified thread. I suggest you post it where the majority on AVS are looking to buy something instead of where owners who already have Chane speakers are. Good luck with your sale.
Sorry! Saw others making similar posts in different owners threads and figured it was kosher on AVS. Mea culpa.
post #2757 of 4885 Old 08-21-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
@k1ngf1sh

Oh, ok. You've already got an ad. Why didn't you say that? It's just odd seeing ad like posts pop up in owners forums. Not a big deal I guess unless it's frowned upon. I do still wish you good luck and you might also try CL and mobile apps like Letgo adds Offerup etc.. I've had good luck with CL lately on some speaker sales.
No worries, man. If it is frowned upon, again I apologize.

Thanks for the wishes of good luck. I do have them listed on CL, and yeah on here, too. Just thought maybe some Chane lovers trying to get their friends into the "family" would want to hear about them! I hate to see them go, and I'd get some Chane 5s if they had a bit lower bass response (or were in stock, for that matter).
BufordTJustice and Roctopuss like this.
post #2758 of 4885 Old 08-21-2017, 08:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry! Saw others making similar posts in different owners threads and figured it was kosher on AVS. Mea culpa.
Nothing to be sorry about. I didn't know you already had an ad up is all. I just recently had some good luck and lots of hits on CL selling my old Klipsch's. I got tons of inquiries for some reason. If you haven't already I'd run one there as well as the mobile apps although I get some scammers wanting to give me cashiers checks without haggling first. Letgo seems to be the less shady of the two I mentioned and used myself.

post #2759 of 4885 Old 08-21-2017, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No worries, man. If it is frowned upon, again I apologize.

Thanks for the wishes of good luck. I do have them listed on CL, and yeah on here, too. Just thought maybe some Chane lovers trying to get their friends into the "family" would want to hear about them! I hate to see them go, and I'd get some Chane 5s if they had a bit lower bass response (or were in stock, for that matter).
Same here. I see you are in Denver. My nephew and his fiancee just moved back up to Colorado Springs this weekend. I live in N. Texas and they moved from New Orleans. He missed the scenery where you're at.

Yeah, I love my A5's but I've been debating just going with 3 A2.4's all the way across instead to get the new waveguide in all 3 mains but I'm still back and forth on it. I've always had towers before.
k1ngf1sh and mpk1970 like this.

Last edited by Madmax67; 08-21-2017 at 08:53 PM.
post #2760 of 4885 Old 08-21-2017, 08:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@k1ngf1sh
Also make sure to check your spam folder for CL replies. I always have a couple that get sent there instead of my inbox for some reason. Almost missed a sale that way a few ads back.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
a1.4 , a2.4 , a5.4 , chane , l-series

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page