Forum Jump: 
 411Likes

post #3241 of 3252 Old 01-03-2020, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
LS50 subwoofer pairing - REL S/510?

I know this has been discussed previously on many occasions, but I recently had the pleasure of purchasing a pair of KEF LS50 Wireless speakers and was looking for the perfect subwoofer to match it.

I think I have decided on the REL S/510 as the preferred subwoofer. I have a medium-sized room with quite a bit of clutter - but hopefully, this pairing should work okay? Please let me know if you have any other similar suggestions.
I was just wondering with REL S/510 what sub-out low pass frequency I should use on the KEF Control App for my LS50s. REL seems to suggest using the widest frequency possible, and the app allows up to between 40 and 200hz. Would it be recommended to put it at 200hz?
Is there anything else I should consider?

I'm quite new to this and would appreciate any suggestions and help in this regard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 3252 Old 01-11-2020, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Sync 2 Pair LS50 Wireless

Hi

Looking for some ideas how to sync 2 x KEF LS50 wireless. According to KEF it cannot be done but their ideas are two notdes HEOS or BLUENOTE to bridge it all but I think that is overkill (moneywise).

My phone does have dual volume control on bluetooth which works very well until you move the phone and it goes out of sync.

I have a Marantz NR1608 in another room but I see Marantz only upgraded their firmware recently for a couple other models to allow multiple wireless connections.

Spotify is also only now examining have more than one connection at a time.

Anyone have any ideas even if wireless (networked - not bluetooth).

Looking around I see lots of blue tooth adapters very well priced but all seem unclear which direction they are connecting. Says connects to two devices but shows say tv + receiver to one headphone. Everything appears to go in the wrong direction. I want from phone to node and that node always connected to the two sets of speakers so that the phone sends music to the node and the node splits it to the 2 pair etc.

Not up with Google Home or Alexa can those do this and if so how is the sound quality? Or is there something more professional.

Feels like I am missing something simple here.

Any ideas welcomed.

Thanks.

phone--><something>--->speaker1+speaker2
post #3243 of 3252 Old 01-11-2020, 07:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbook View Post
Hi

Looking for some ideas how to sync 2 x KEF LS50 wireless. According to KEF it cannot be done but their ideas are two notdes HEOS or BLUENOTE to bridge it all but I think that is overkill (moneywise).

My phone does have dual volume control on bluetooth which works very well until you move the phone and it goes out of sync.

I have a Marantz NR1608 in another room but I see Marantz only upgraded their firmware recently for a couple other models to allow multiple wireless connections.

Spotify is also only now examining have more than one connection at a time.

Anyone have any ideas even if wireless (networked - not bluetooth).

Looking around I see lots of blue tooth adapters very well priced but all seem unclear which direction they are connecting. Says connects to two devices but shows say tv + receiver to one headphone. Everything appears to go in the wrong direction. I want from phone to node and that node always connected to the two sets of speakers so that the phone sends music to the node and the node splits it to the 2 pair etc.

Not up with Google Home or Alexa can those do this and if so how is the sound quality? Or is there something more professional.

Feels like I am missing something simple here.

Any ideas welcomed.

Thanks.

phone--><something>--->speaker1+speaker2

Chromecast audio

Paradigm PW AMP, KEF Q100, Emotiva B1, Rythmik L12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3244 of 3252 Old 01-12-2020, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpp8140 View Post
Chromecast audio
Thanks!! This appears to be the direction I should be looking in. Audio Streamers: https://spotify-everywhere.com/colle...udio-streamers

Hardwire a streamer one set of speakers, and bluetooth the second set to the streamer etc. Or depending on the streamer's capabilities something else. Seems Chromecast Audio is now Google Nest Mini. Also looks like some copy cats out there was well. Lot of info out there: https://gearpatrol.com/2018/04/02/go...omecast-audio/

I've got an unused 4K Chromecast but I think it is only HDMI where the speakers are USB, Optical or RCA also got a Google Home somewhere don't know what its outputs are. In this vein USB for better sound out hardwired to the one pair, second pair to bluetooth or wireless, I have a new chromebox which I will test it all with as well.

So strange what appears to be such a simple problem is not so easily solvable. Ideally to keep it all clean the speaker itself with embedded Spotify Connect should be able to pair to the other set of speakers, then the phone to that speaker via bluetooth or wireless etc. Has to be a simple fix with the hardware I have on hand and will do some testing today.

Thank you hpp8140 this looks like the right direction to be looking in.
post #3245 of 3252 Old 01-12-2020, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How have the recertified KEF LS50s been for you guys? I bought a Denon AVR from A4L and it was a bit damaged - the knobs turn poorly and were scuffed up. Should I expect similar damage on a recertified KEF LS50? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3246 of 3252 Old 01-12-2020, 07:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3544 Post(s)
Liked: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibbs View Post
How have the recertified KEF LS50s been for you guys? I bought a Denon AVR from A4L and it was a bit damaged - the knobs turn poorly and were scuffed up. Should I expect similar damage on a recertified KEF LS50? Thanks!

Absolutely not! They are there sole authorized reseller of KEF factory recertified products. If that's what you're buying, they'll come in 100% factory packaging and can't be told from new.

If they are labeled "open box" by their listing, different story. That could be anything.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, R50, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758v3 AVR, LG UP875 4K BlueRay, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer. Office: NAD M10, KEF LS50, KEF Kube 10b, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Ortofon 2M Red. Guest room: Hafler 300 L-R, KEF Reference Model 100 center, KEF iQ10 surrounds, modded M&K V-90 sub, Bluesound Vault 2.
post #3247 of 3252 Old 01-12-2020, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post
Absolutely not! They are there sole authorized reseller of KEF factory recertified products. If that's what you're buying, they'll come in 100% factory packaging and can't be told from new.

If they are labeled "open box" by their listing, different story. That could be anything.

Awesome, thank you for the information. You’ve saved me a lot of cash!

post #3248 of 3252 Old 01-14-2020, 01:10 AM

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Please advise what type of wall mount to use for LS50? Thank you for your time!
post #3249 of 3252 Old 01-14-2020, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1290 View Post
Please advise what type of wall mount to use for LS50? Thank you for your time!
I use these

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got them for my Q100s but they work fine with the LS50s too. They are within spec for the weight, just make sure they are securely mounted.
post #3250 of 3252 Old 01-14-2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcars View Post
I use these

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got them for my Q100s but they work fine with the LS50s too. They are within spec for the weight, just make sure they are securely mounted.

Thank you!
Is it needs to use screws to secure the speaker with this type of wall mount?
If so, is there one without use screw? It would be less prefer to use screws on LS50 as it's nicely build.
Thanks again!
post #3251 of 3252 Old 01-15-2020, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1290 View Post
Thank you!
Is it needs to use screws to secure the speaker with this type of wall mount?
If so, is there one without use screw? It would be less prefer to use screws on LS50 as it's nicely build.
Thanks again!
No screws needed. I would never do that to my speakers!!!
The padded side clamps hold the speaker in place quite well (tighten the screws from the outside) and with limited tilt they are stable.
Jim1290 and KenM10759 like this.
post #3252 of 3252 Old 01-15-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcars View Post
No screws needed. I would never do that to my speakers!!!
The padded side clamps hold the speaker in place quite well (tighten the screws from the outside) and with limited tilt they are stable.

Understood! Thank you very much for your time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Kef Ls50 2 Way Speaker System

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page