RSL Speakers Owners Thread - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 181Likes

post #511 of 516 Old 05-14-2019, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2087 Post(s)
Liked: 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
I am interested in people's opinion or reviews on utilizing the CG25 for Home Theater applications. It seems most like love these based on musical abilities. I'm using the SVS Ultra bookshelf and Center for my front stage but in my living space I do believe I shouldn't lose much going from a 6.5" woofer to a 5.25". I might just jump during black Friday and go for it. Definitely interested in the RSL CG25.
Realistically if a speaker sounds good it sounds good, no matter the usage. What frequently happens is something will be described as 'musical' because often those are more critical listeners than HT users. Given that, it stands to reason if something passes muster for music it will be more than capable for HT duties.
alwaller and Summa like this.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 516 Old 05-14-2019, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
I am interested in people's opinion or reviews on utilizing the CG25 for Home Theater applications. It seems most like love these based on musical abilities. I'm using the SVS Ultra bookshelf and Center for my front stage but in my living space I do believe I shouldn't lose much going from a 6.5" woofer to a 5.25". I might just jump during black Friday and go for it. Definitely interested in the RSL CG25.
As someone who is cross shopping the CG25 with the SVS Ultra Bookshelf/Center combo, what do you not like about them or what do you hope to gain if you move to RSL?

the lounj is a general interest/hobby discussion forum.
post #513 of 516 Old 05-14-2019, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:
I agree with Jim 100%. I've used my RSLs to this point for mostly home theater, and I've recently purchased the new line for a dedicated theater room application. I use music to evaluate for the exact reason that Jim cited - if it sounds good for music, I'll be happy with it for HT. The inverse is not always true. I recently auditioned some PowerSound Audio MT-110s. I love that company and have been a customer of the owner's since 2001 when he was with SVS. They sounded really good for movies...very dynamic, loud, and efficient. But with music, they sounded a bit wonky to my ears. The RSL CG5/25 gives up a bit in terms of the overall dynamics, IMO, but they sound much more natural and balanced to my ears, while also providing plenty of crisp, clean impact for movies. But while I will probably want to enjoy some music from time to time, I chose these for what will be movies/sports/tv 99% of the time in a 5.2.4 Atmos system.
Kini62 and JimWilson like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 516 Old 05-15-2019, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well everyone, I got them all hooked up and man.....I am blown away!! The sound is amazing to say the least. I have owned nothing but Bose since the early 90's and cannot believe what I have been missing. I spent the last 4 days binge watching movies because I never heard such great sound. That subwoofer....I've had to straighten pictures already! My wife keeps thinking she is hearing thunder LOL
Also, RSL just started offering the speakers I bought as a package now but for $20 more. Glad I ordered when I did!

https://rslspeakers.com/products/new...heater-system/
Summa and Maxca27 like this.

Marantz NR1609
RSL CG3 x 2
RSL CG23 center channel
RSL Speedwoofer 10S
post #515 of 516 Old 05-15-2019, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewerda View Post
Well everyone, I got them all hooked up and man.....I am blown away!! The sound is amazing to say the least. I have owned nothing but Bose since the early 90's and cannot believe what I have been missing. I spent the last 4 days binge watching movies because I never heard such great sound. That subwoofer....I've had to straighten pictures already! My wife keeps thinking she is hearing thunder LOL
Also, RSL just started offering the speakers I bought as a package now but for $20 more. Glad I ordered when I did!

https://rslspeakers.com/products/new...heater-system/
That's excellent news! And yeah, RSL is a ton of bang for the buck. You'll get a lot of enjoyment out of those, especially since you added them to a subwoofer. Have fun with 'em!
post #516 of 516 Old 05-17-2019, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Added an avatar photo.

Nearly took me 17 years as a member to get around to it!
Summa and RayGuy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page