RSL Speakers Owners Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 216Likes

post #31 of 591 Old 01-11-2014, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have an older Velodyne that I will be using for now but I plan on looking at the Speedwoofer 10 or an SVS SB / PB 1000/2000 in the future
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 591 Old 03-15-2014, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not a lot of activity on this thread. Is there a more active thread or forum somewhere on these recent RSL speakers? Love to chat and ask questions. Thanks.

UL
post #33 of 591 Old 03-15-2014, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 2155 Post(s)
Liked: 3237
You can chat and ask questions here, as well as here.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 591 Old 09-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hello guys,

I have (2) CG4 bookshelves on the way for evaluation - I'm due for something new.
The only thing I may not like is the sub set at 100hz instead of 80. I really don't like a lot of sub, but we will see. If I like em, I'll order the center and keep my M&Ks in the back.
post #35 of 591 Old 09-05-2014, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer

What sub do you have?

post #36 of 591 Old 09-11-2014, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace5000 View Post
Hello guys,

I have (2) CG4 bookshelves on the way for evaluation - I'm due for something new.
The only thing I may not like is the sub set at 100hz instead of 80. I really don't like a lot of sub, but we will see. If I like em, I'll order the center and keep my M&Ks in the back.
Are you referring to the recommended crossover point for the Speedwoofer 10 and CG4 combination? If so, the remote setup with the Speedwoofer makes fine tuning extremely easy from you listening position. Find where the crossover sounds best to you in your room and then adjust the volume level until it is not over bearing for your tastes. I have mine set just above 100hz (probably 102 or 103) and the volume set at around 35% most of the time. I find the sub to blend very well and not be overwhelming (unless I want it too) once set up for the room and listening position. Hope this helps!

Also, Howard is always willing to talk and give advice, super knowledgable and very nice guy.

CHEERS!

"goodtimes"
post #37 of 591 Old 01-21-2015, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hey everyone,

I'll be moving into a new home this May. I'll be dedicating an upstairs media room 12'x13'x8 for my HT getaway. I definitely have a small room to work with but that's ok. I'm just hoping I can attain some great sound with the space. I will be going FP. I'll be starting over from scratch , equipment wise. Right now I'm just reading reviews online of various 5.1 speaker systems and came across the RSL 5.1 home theater speaker system. I really like the way they look and got great review from the reviewer here on AVS. I wanted to ask you guys if yall thought this setup would be more than adequate for a small room like mine? And... regarding the sub that comes with it. Is that all the sub I will need, or if I want to go a big deeper on BR tracks, Should I go with a SVS SB-2000 ?

Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated,
TroyH
post #38 of 591 Old 01-21-2015, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 2680 Post(s)
Liked: 2470
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyh4 View Post
Hey everyone,

I'll be moving into a new home this May. I'll be dedicating an upstairs media room 12'x13'x8 for my HT getaway. I definitely have a small room to work with but that's ok. I'm just hoping I can attain some great sound with the space. I will be going FP. I'll be starting over from scratch , equipment wise. Right now I'm just reading reviews online of various 5.1 speaker systems and came across the RSL 5.1 home theater speaker system. I really like the way they look and got great review from the reviewer here on AVS. I wanted to ask you guys if yall thought this setup would be more than adequate for a small room like mine? And... regarding the sub that comes with it. Is that all the sub I will need, or if I want to go a big deeper on BR tracks, Should I go with a SVS SB-2000 ?

Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated,
TroyH
I ran 5 NHT Super Zeros in my room which is only a little bigger, 13x14x9. They did pretty good for movies and were great with most music (not rock, metal).

I upgraded to the Klipsch system since I'm mostly movies and TV. It is a very significant upgrade for movies, metal and hard rock music.

I'm sure the RSLs sound great and they do have return shipping included.

I would take a look at a package from SVS (SVSound) with their new prime speaker line.

A pair of bookshelfs are $500, center $350, satellites for surrounds are $270 pair or $500 if you want matching for the mains.

If space is an issue I would add their PC2000 sub. You'd be under $2K for the package using the satellites.
They have a 45 day in home trial with shipping both ways included.

The ideal thing would be for you to order both sets of speakers and even the RSL sub and compare them both in your home and return the one you like least.

Who knows you might prefer the RSL sub and SVS speakers or some other combination.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
post #39 of 591 Old 01-22-2015, 04:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Glad to see RSL has a presence over here at AVS! These are absolutely fantastic speakers for both music and movies. If anyone is interested, here is a thread I started on another site a while back. I love these speakers...one of the best kept secrets in audio!

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=111915.0
post #40 of 591 Old 01-22-2015, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:
The RSL 5.1 system would have no problems filling that space with wonderful sound. When I reviewed that system it was in a 13x17x8 room, and it didn't struggle in the least.

post #41 of 591 Old 01-30-2015, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,

I just wanted to share my experience.

I have the RSL 5.1 system. I have a dedicated home theatre room and during the build out of my home I did a ton of research and homework before I actually bought speakers. I absolutely love the speakers. I am looking to upgrade my Left and Right (CG4) to match the center speaker (CG24) only because the sound from the center is so lush and crisp, especially at low volumes which is great when everyone is sleeping. I have 7.2 system. The rears are Def. Tech. Bipolar. Those will be replaced with the Left and Right once the new ones come in.

I have another room in the house with other Def. Tech. Equipment. I have mixed and matched a bit with a CLR 2500 and my SM65's with the RSL system just for fun. To be honest the timbre matching and quality of sound made me realize I need to keep the RSL set up together. It's almost criminal mixing set ups. So I am going to end up with an RSL 7.1 system with my additional Sub from SVS. It's one of the cylinder subs, now the model number would be PC 2000. This is all being driven by a Yamaha Aventage RX-A2020.

The combination of the SVS Cylinder and RSL Speedwoofer 10 is unreal. One is low and angry (SVS) the other clear and tight. The combo is perfect for music and movies. Do yourself a favor. If you came here to see what you could find out about these speakers and are reading this...great. Take advantage of the no risk free home trial and try them out. The sound is fantastic. I like the speakers so much I recently purchased a pair of the outdoor speaker line they recently came out with. YEP - Those sound great also.

Mark
post #42 of 591 Old 01-30-2015, 02:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramred View Post
Hi,

I have the RSL 5.1 system. I have a dedicated home theatre room and during the build out of my home I did a ton of research and homework before I actually bought speakers. I absolutely love the speakers. I am looking to upgrade my Left and Right (CG4) to match the center speaker (CG24) only because the sound from the center is so lush and crisp, especially at low volumes which is great when everyone is sleeping. I have 7.2 system. The rears are Def. Tech. Bipolar. Those will be replaced with the Left and Right once the new ones come in.

I have another room in the house with other Def. Tech. Equipment. I have mixed and matched a bit with a CLR 2500 and my SM65's with the RSL system just for fun. To be honest the timbre matching and quality of sound made me realize I need to keep the RSL set up together. It's almost criminal mixing set ups. So I am going to end up with an RSL 7.1 system with my additional Sub from SVS. It's one of the cylinder subs, now the model number would be PC 2000. This is all being driven by a Yamaha Aventage RX-A2020.

The combination of the SVS Cylinder and RSL Speedwoofer 10 is unreal. One is low and angry (SVS) the other clear and tight. The combo is perfect for music and movies. Do yourself a favor. If you came here to see what you could find out about these speakers and are reading this...great. Take advantage of the no risk free home trial and try them out. The sound is fantastic. I like the speakers so much I recently purchased a pair of the outdoor speaker line they recently came out with. YEP - Those sound great also.

Mark
Thanks for the review. I came oh so close to getting a RSL package but shipping to Hawaii and return shipping if I didn't like them put them out of the running.
Kramred likes this.

Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
post #43 of 591 Old 01-31-2015, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramred View Post
Hi,

Mark
Hi Mark:

I went with the CG24s across the front, as well. I first spent time with the 4s, and then the 24s, and the extra mid presence of the 24s worked out really well. So I moved the 4s to the back now.

I can't say enough about these speakers.
Kramred likes this.
post #44 of 591 Old 02-22-2015, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 14
What speaker stand are you using for your CG24's ?
I'm also thinking of going with 3 of the CG24's up front. I'd like to put them on their own speaker stand laying them down on their side horizontal.

Any suggestions on a stand for these ?

Pics please ?
Thanks,
post #45 of 591 Old 03-04-2015, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
What speaker stand are you using for your CG24's ?
I'm also thinking of going with 3 of the CG24's up front. I'd like to put them on their own speaker stand laying them down on their side horizontal.

Any suggestions on a stand for these ?

Pics please ?
Thanks,
My speaker brackets should easily be able to handle the additional 4 lbs. If needed I think RSL sells speaker stands. I am not sure if they are made to lay horizontal though.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2383.PNG
Views:	328
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	583641  
post #46 of 591 Old 09-23-2015, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 9
I'm thinking of getting 3 24's. Anyone have some words of wisdom?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
post #47 of 591 Old 09-23-2015, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer

Depends upon what you're using them for, but to be honest it's hard to imagine you not liking them. Very easy on the ears.

post #48 of 591 Old 09-23-2015, 10:59 AM

For LCR in 3.1 used 98% in HT. Yeah they seem to fit the bill.

post #49 of 591 Old 09-23-2015, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big70tom View Post

http://www.audioholics.com/surround-...speaker-review

Just another review that matches the earlier reviews- great speakers.

Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
post #50 of 591 Old 09-23-2015, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:
I reviewed them about 3 years ago and came away very impressed.

post #51 of 591 Old 09-23-2015, 09:10 PM

How small are they. I know the dimensions, but comparatively

post #52 of 591 Old 09-24-2015, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:
How small are they. I know the dimensions, but comparatively
If you know the dimensions, but don't give us the speaker(s) you want them compared to, what is it you're looking for as a response?

post #53 of 591 Old 09-24-2015, 01:53 PM

That sir is a good point.. Lol bad choice of words. Forget I said anything.

It's down to these and some Atlantic Technology 3200 flat on Wall speakers. Trying to figure out which way to go..

post #54 of 591 Old 09-26-2015, 12:47 PM

Cg24 owners.... I really want to buy these. I have ONE concern. I'm afraid they sound like a small speaker. If spaced properly, when I turn them up are they dynamic? Do they project a open Soundstage? Do they dissapear or I'd the sound localized? Please share your opinion

post #55 of 591 Old 09-26-2015, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 425
B70T,

I thought you bought the AT 3200's?

Mike Miles
[email protected]
post #56 of 591 Old 09-26-2015, 06:10 PM

No. Got scared. Listened to paradigm wall speakers before hand and they sounded flat. I just couldn't buy them and not be able to return them If I didn't like them. It was a cash deal. Tried to believe because it was a good deal.

Last edited by big70tom; 09-26-2015 at 06:13 PM.
post #57 of 591 Old 12-12-2015, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Great review - I'm trying to figure out my next upgrade - (5- 2004 Mirage Omni-Sat, Mirage Omni 10 Sub & Klipsch Front & Rear firing 10 sub). So I was trying to stay around $1000 but I might be experiencing a little HT creep. I'm trying to figure out which set I want to audition first (possibly 2). This is for a dedicated HT room - Med size room (19x14 8ft ceilings) - running a Denon AVR 2113 with a Benq Projector. The nice thing is I can place the L - C - R behind the screen.

1. Fluance XL Series 5.1 - Love the price and they get some good reviews and some mixed

2. SVS Prime Satellites 5.1 - Great reviews & price and I could add on & could easily make it a 5.2

3. SVS Prime Book shelf 5.0 - will have to use old subs until I can get some extra $$ for my budget

4. RSL Speakers - 3.1 (unless I creep up a lot to 5.1) - Great reviews - can use old speakers for surround - late entry to the field.

Any thoughts on which would be the best for sound per $$$

Thank you
post #58 of 591 Old 12-12-2015, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 425
SVS is a solid product.

Shoot me a PM

Mike Miles
[email protected]
post #59 of 591 Old 12-13-2015, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplyman325 View Post
Great review - I'm trying to figure out my next upgrade - (5- 2004 Mirage Omni-Sat, Mirage Omni 10 Sub & Klipsch Front & Rear firing 10 sub). So I was trying to stay around $1000 but I might be experiencing a little HT creep. I'm trying to figure out which set I want to audition first (possibly 2). This is for a dedicated HT room - Med size room (19x14 8ft ceilings) - running a Denon AVR 2113 with a Benq Projector. The nice thing is I can place the L - C - R behind the screen.

1. Fluance XL Series 5.1 - Love the price and they get some good reviews and some mixed

2. SVS Prime Satellites 5.1 - Great reviews & price and I could add on & could easily make it a 5.2

3. SVS Prime Book shelf 5.0 - will have to use old subs until I can get some extra $$ for my budget

4. RSL Speakers - 3.1 (unless I creep up a lot to 5.1) - Great reviews - can use old speakers for surround - late entry to the field.

Any thoughts on which would be the best for sound per $$$

Thank you
Given that this is an RSL thread you can pretty much expect the answers to be skewed in that direction. If you're looking to get unbiased opinions of several different manufacturers products it's probably a better idea to start a new thread for your specific situation. That way all the answers will be directed toward your needs.

post #60 of 591 Old 12-17-2015, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
Given that this is an RSL thread you can pretty much expect the answers to be skewed in that direction. If you're looking to get unbiased opinions of several different manufacturers products it's probably a better idea to start a new thread for your specific situation. That way all the answers will be directed toward your needs.
Jim - I understand that I might get biased reply here but I was hoping to hear from owners. However, I found the speed woofer forum and oh boy what a thread. Little disappointed that people where making decisions based on spec sheet and not listening to the system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page