RSL Speakers Owners Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 216Likes

post #61 of 589 Old 12-17-2015, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
Given that this is an RSL thread you can pretty much expect the answers to be skewed in that direction. If you're looking to get unbiased opinions of several different manufacturers products it's probably a better idea to start a new thread for your specific situation. That way all the answers will be directed toward your needs.
Jim - I understand that I might get biased reply here but I was hoping to hear from owners. However, I found the speed woofer forum and oh boy what a thread. Little disappointed that people where making decisions based on spec sheet and not listening to the system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 589 Old 12-17-2015, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 2151 Post(s)
Liked: 3233
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplyman325 View Post
Little disappointed that people where making decisions based on spec sheet and not listening to the system.
Welcome to AVS. Thankfully most of the people here are rational and can see beyond their own nose, but a few of them can't as you've found out.
jplyman325 likes this.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite...
post #63 of 589 Old 12-17-2015, 12:22 PM

So after a lot of research I narrowed down my list to start out with RSL vs SVS based on all the reviews. I debated between ordering both SVS and RSL systems and then sending the one I like least. However, since the shipping is expensive for the companies I decide I would pick one system first. So I then called SVS and gave him what I was looking and my room size. He was pushing me to the prime tower with a sub. I prefer the bookshelf size personally so he said that would be okay. I also mentioned the other brands I was considering he the person just moved on. He was very nice and knowledgable and I had a good conversation with SVS and will consider them if RSL doesn't work out.

I called RSL and Joe Rogers answered and we had a great conversation more buddy like then salesy. He suggest I start with their 3.1 system and repurpose my old speakers as surrounds. I also said I was also considering SVS bookshelf 5.1 and he told me I would not go wrong with either system and believe I would be happy with both. Wow how refreshing her someone complement their completion. Based on all the reviews and post by people who actually have either owned or wrote reviews (thank you Jim) and talking with Joe I choose to give them shot I have nothing to lose with their awesome return policy (like SVS). Some other reasons I choose RSL is how dedicated Howard & Joe are to speakers and I love giving the little guys my business. I'm very excited for Fedex to drop these off and will update this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 589 Old 12-17-2015, 12:23 PM

Made the decision

So after a lot of research I narrowed down my list to start out with RSL vs SVS based on all the reviews. I debated between ordering both SVS and RSL systems and then sending the one I like least. However, since the shipping is expensive for the companies I decide I would pick one system first. So I then called SVS and gave him what I was looking and my room size. He was pushing me to the prime tower with a sub. I prefer the bookshelf size personally so he said that would be okay. I also mentioned the other brands I was considering he the person just moved on. He was very nice and knowledgable and I had a good conversation with SVS and will consider them if RSL doesn't work out.

I called RSL and Joe Rogers answered and we had a great conversation more buddy like then salesy. He suggest I start with their 3.1 system and repurpose my old speakers as surrounds. I also said I was also considering SVS bookshelf 5.1 and he told me I would not go wrong with either system and believe I would be happy with both. Wow how refreshing her someone complement their completion. Based on all the reviews and post by people who actually have either owned or wrote reviews (thank you Jim) and talking with Joe I choose to give them shot I have nothing to lose with their awesome return policy (like SVS). Some other reasons I choose RSL is how dedicated Howard & Joe are to speakers and I love giving the little guys my business. I'm very excited for Fedex to drop these off and will update this forum.
post #65 of 589 Old 01-02-2016, 05:05 PM

Wow - what awesome speakers. They truly need thee break in period once broken in WOW! I ended up with CG24 5.1 HT setup (they were on sale 10% off so it was only $135 more). The speed woofer is awesome (my wife and neighbors think it might be a little to much both of them can hear it which is pretty amazing in my book (neighbors are 50-100 feet away through brick.)

The sound is amazing on both music and movies I have been enjoying listening to music more than ever and have enjoyed putting them through the paces. The movies so much better than my old system (Original Mirage Stat Micros with a SF-10 now 3 of them are in my bedroom). The clarity at both low to high volume is awesome. All the reviews you read about these speakers are spot on and I believe this system will work well in most room types, off axis listening is also good.

If you are in the market for new speakers make sure and give RSL a call.
post #66 of 589 Old 01-02-2016, 05:28 PM

So Glad we purchased these speakers

Wow - what awesome speakers all the reviews are spot on that these are great speakers. I will say though I believe the sub is very powerful enough that my neighbors can here it in there house (through a brick wall and 50/100 feet away).

I know some have made comments about the graphs and stuff but at the end of the day it is all about the sound. Which is very clear at all WAF volumes (which is pretty loud when she is not here. They handle movies and music extremely well making it a joy to listen to music with a great sound stage and dialogue is spot on.

Do yourself a favor and give them a call if your in the market and just talk.

I have the CG24 5.1 HT setup connected to my new Denon X3200W (thank you Fry's for the $499 deal) streaming with an Apple TV4 and a Samsung Blu-Ray
post #67 of 589 Old 01-07-2016, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi Everyone!

I'm new here and with a question...

I currently have:
- A 2015 denon s900 receiver.
- A 2 year old Yamaha ns-c444 center channel. Good sound.
- A 7 year old: 5 sony satellite speakers in a box. Sound is aiight. Speakers costed $500 (for all 5 speakers which included a receiver back then).
- And 2 mirage 8 inch subwoofers. Sound is good.
- A total of 6.2 surround system.

Right now my system sounds pretty good, but my question is how much better can it get.

I'm thinking of completing the Yamaha ns series (3 of 5 stars rated from audiophile websites) and spend $600 for 5 ns-333 satellites, or spend $2000 for (the award winning, 5 of 5 stars) 6 cg24 speakers.

Is there that much of a difference in sound from a 3 star rated speaker compared to a 5 star speaker (like night and day difference), or is it a small (almost not worth the cost) but noticeable improvement?

Please share your experiences.
Thank you! :-)
Rafael
post #68 of 589 Old 01-07-2016, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruiztagle View Post
- A 7 year old: 5 sony satellite speakers in a box. Sound is aiight. Speakers costed $500 (for all 5 speakers which included a receiver back then).
To be completely honest none of this is all that stellar, and the speakers across the front aren't even matched (which they should always be). I think swapping them out for the RSL's - speakers and subs - would be quite a noticeable upgrade. You would be making an upgrade to a different class of product, one designed specifically for sound quality and precision.

post #69 of 589 Old 01-08-2016, 01:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1847 Post(s)
Liked: 651
Quote:
Hi Everyone!

I'm new here and with a question...

I currently have:
- A 2015 denon s900 receiver.

Right now my system sounds pretty good, but my question is how much better can it get.

I'm thinking of completing the Yamaha ns series (3 of 5 stars rated from audiophile websites) and spend $600 for 5 ns-333 satellites, or spend $2000 for (the award winning, 5 of 5 stars) 6 cg24 speakers.

Is there that much of a difference in sound from a 3 star rated speaker compared to a 5 star speaker (like night and day difference), or is it a small (almost not worth the cost) but noticeable improvement?

Please share your experiences.
Thank you! :-)
Rafael
Hi Rafael,

Welcome to AVS!

As Jim advised, the main consideration is the all important front sound stage which consists of the front left, center and front right speakers. It's preferable to have the same make and model number so that timber matching is achieved. It will sound more transparent with panning across.

One idea that you can do is compare your current front sound stage set up with 3xCG24 in your room. RSL offers a nice 30 home trial, so take them up on their offer to do the comparison. If the 3xCG24 don't meet your expectations, just send them back.

Marantz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, Harmony Home Control remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP (2x4)+(10x10HD)+(DDRC-88A), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.
post #70 of 589 Old 01-08-2016, 03:07 AM

Hi guys, and thank you for your quick response.

Jim: the Yamaha ns333 satellites would complement my Yamaha center channel as the exact same model package if I do decide to get it. I wanted to show pictures, but since I'm a newbie, I need to write five times before I can do so.

Anyway, I consider Yamaha's in the same league as Polk audio, klipches, jbl's, etc. in sound quality. I have axiom speakers in another room, and they sound a little better than my Yamaha center channel, but they still have their flaws (i.e. hissing with high pitched sounds, etc.). I feel that I can do better.

Thank you for answering my question. If you think that I will hear a noticeable difference between the Yamaha's and rsl's, then that would be awesome!

What were the speakers that you have before?

Steve: the KEF E301+T101 is that what you currently own? If so, how does that compare to that rsl's.

Thanks guys!
post #71 of 589 Old 01-08-2016, 06:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1847 Post(s)
Liked: 651
Quote:
Steve: the KEF E301+T101 is that what you currently own? If so, how does that compare to that rsl's.

Thanks guys!
The KEF T101 is a step down compared to the CG24. The CG4 will even be better in terms of frequency response.

The E301 is a bit different in that the tweeter and mid range are acoustically centered to be a point source in space for sound reproduction. The Uni-Q driver of the E301 is special in that regard and its dispersion characteristic, sound signature, etc. is very different. Just looking at the frequency response, the CG4 is a close match.

Physically the CG24 is bigger so will be better.

Without having the ability to sit the CG24 and KEF E301/T101 side by side to compare in the room, I can't really say which one is better.

One day in the future, I hope to own a pair of CG24 and hear them.

Marantz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, Harmony Home Control remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP (2x4)+(10x10HD)+(DDRC-88A), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.
post #72 of 589 Old 01-08-2016, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:
Jim: the Yamaha ns333 satellites would complement my Yamaha center channel as the exact same model package if I do decide to get it. I wanted to show pictures, but since I'm a newbie, I need to write five times before I can do so.
OK, I'm confused. Originally you posted that your config consisted of:

5 Sony speakers plus 1 Yamaha center - and 2 Mirage subwoofers - adds up to the 6.2 system you mentioned. Where do Yamaha NS333 speakers come into the picture?

post #73 of 589 Old 01-09-2016, 01:11 AM

Hi Jim: sorry for the confusion.

So the system that I currently have is the Yamaha ns-c444 as a center channel (pic below), 5 Sony satellites, and 2 Mirage 8 inch subwoofers.

So my goal is to replace the five Sony satellites with the Yamaha ns-333 satellites (pic below).

Or

Simply get 6 cg24 speakers.

So the question I always ask myself is how much better would the rsl's me compared to the Yamaha's.

By the way, what system did you have before you got the rsl's?
--------------------

hi Steve: I have seen that model at a paradigm store and they sound awesome!

It is interesting that you guys would consider the rsl's even better sound quality than what you already have. This is really helping me make my final decision.

Really appreciate your feedbacks, thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ns 444.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	1173994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yamaha_ns-333_b1.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	628.1 KB
ID:	1174002  
post #74 of 589 Old 01-09-2016, 04:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:

So the system that I currently have is the Yamaha ns-c444 as a center channel (pic below), 5 Sony satellites, and 2 Mirage 8 inch subwoofers.

So my goal is to replace the five Sony satellites with the Yamaha ns-333 satellites (pic below).

Or

So the question I always ask myself is how much better would the rsl's me compared to the Yamaha's.

--------------------

hi Steve: I have seen that model at a paradigm store and they sound awesome!

It is interesting that you guys would consider the rsl's even better sound quality than what you already have. This is really helping me make my final decision.

Really appreciate your feedbacks, thanks!
Sound is so subjective, it's hard to say "how much" better one speaker will sound over another. It also depends on how much money you have to throw around. If you're happy with the sound of the Yamaha center, I'd buy one pair of the bookshelves first to see if you're happy with them as your front stage. Then complete the set if you like them.
post #75 of 589 Old 01-09-2016, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:

Or

Now I understand.

gmash is right, sound is (ultimately) subjective. Having heard the RSL's myself it's hard for me to imagine the Yamaha's would be able to compete in areas such as detail and clarity, but you may feel otherwise. I do know RSL has a pretty liberal in-home trial so you realistically have nothing to lose by trying them yourself.

Quote:
I don't own the RSL's, I just reviewed them. They went back after I published my evaluation.

post #76 of 589 Old 01-10-2016, 04:34 AM

Thanks Gmash and Jim!

I personally don't have money for any of this until midyear. But I am willing to spend $1500 more if it gets me one step closer towards clarity and detail, as Jim has stated.

I understand that listening to speakers is subjective and everybody has a different opinion, but at least hearing people give their opinions of what they have now compared to what they had then will help me get an idea of what I'm getting into.

For instance, in one room we upgraded from a 5.1 hsu satellite system to a 5.1 axiom speakers. The axiom sounded better with more warmth and clarity. But if I would have to do it again, I would get Polk audio (same size speakers) because the clarity is even more profound… And it's less money.

As for my room, I already upgraded the Yamaha center channel from the Sony center channel, and I saw a big difference with that alone. I liked that the Yamaha has more depth when I hear people talking (I don't know if it's because it has 5 inch woofers, compared to Sony's 4 inch woofers, but it was definitely more realistic).

So basically, I want to know from people of what they had before and if they had noticeable difference with their new rsl's.

Later on, I will definitely try the rsl's and gave you guys an update.
post #77 of 589 Old 01-10-2016, 03:45 PM

I'm in the process of auditing the CG24 5.1 setup and wow these are great speakers, with great off axis listening. I'm really enjoying listening to music and movies with these speakers. I would highly recommend you give them a call and keep them on your list when you are ready. I would also go with the companies that allow in home auditions for at least 30 days so you can see how they work in your home and how you like them.

Good luck

RSL Speakers CG24 5.1 HT Speaker setup - Denon AVR-X3200 - Benq W1070 - Apple TV 4 - and a blu-ray player
post #78 of 589 Old 01-10-2016, 05:45 PM

I'm in the process of auditing the CG24 5.1 setup and wow these are great speakers, with great off axis listening. I'm really enjoying listening to music and movies with these speakers. I would highly recommend you give them a call and keep them on your list when you are ready. I would also go with the companies that allow in home auditions for at least 30 days so you can see how they work in your home and how you like them.

Good luck

RSL Speakers CG24 5.1 HT Speaker setup - Denon AVR-X3200 - Benq W1070 - Apple TV 4 - and a blu-ray player
post #79 of 589 Old 01-11-2016, 04:02 AM

Quote:

Good luck
Thanks for the input. What system did you have before you got the RSL? In was it a big difference?

Thanks!
post #80 of 589 Old 01-11-2016, 10:05 AM

My previous setup was a Denon AVR-2113CI receiver running Mirage Omni-stat micro v1 with a Mirage SW10 powered 10" sub. This speaker system is now mainly in my bedroom (3.1) and the receiver and the other speakers are in my son's room. I did update my receiver a week or two after getting the speakers to a Denon AVR-X3200 (got it from Fry's for $500).

First I will say I thought my mirage setup was good for surround and music and okay center channel. Once I got the speakers broken in they sounded so great. The biggest thing I noticed right away was clarity and range of the these speakers for both movies and music. I watched the Man from UNCLE with both systems (and same receiver) and could notice a much better movie going experience hearing more information from the speakers and the center channel is great and the dialogue is crystal clear and stands out and perfectly balanced. Surround is also much closer. Off axis listening is also very good with these speakers (they even sound pretty good downstairs from my HT room). They are sound great regardless of your volume but giving them more power makes these speakers really come to life and sound great. On my denon (0-98) I like it about between 70-80 for movies and this is where these speakers sound great but not to loud vs my old mirages that both my son and wife would turn the volume closer to 70 or little less. The sub is great (my neighbors can hear it) but is very tight but can still rock your seat in an explosion and I really love the sub volume remote to fine tune the adjustment based on what I'm listening to.

Regarding music wow - I'm hearing things in the songs that I have not heard in a while and the clarity of the music is great. The sound stage is big and hard to pin point where the speakers are in the room. I have listened to some difficult music and the speakers handled it flawlessly and drums sound great with the sub tuned right (I some times have the volume to high from movies and once I turned it down it is perfect). I have listened to Pink Floyd The Wall, Wish you were Here, Yes - Fragile, Temptations - Papa was a rolling stone, Supertramp - Fools Overture (from Paris is my go to test track) this system does a great job with these very trying piece. I would say this sounds better than my previous system (B&K AVR and Def Tech bi-polar towers with built in 10" subs from the mid 1990's).

I narrowed down my first round of speakers to Fluance, SVS and RSL. I talked via the chat tool with Fluance and the answer were so-so but offered me an additional 10% off all speakers - that made me wonder about them and read their refund policy which could take a while. I also like the bookshelf size with sub (I have 3 kids - a teenager and 2 under 6). I then talked with someone at SVS very nice but tried to take me all the way from the prime stats to the towers. My last call was to RSL and Joe Rogers (co-owner) answered and was great listening and offering advice and has been answering ever since. I never felt pressure to buy more than I needed. I ended up with the CG24 across the front ($135 more) but I did break in the CG4 in the bedroom and they are awesome.

Good luck.

post #81 of 589 Old 01-11-2016, 01:00 PM

My previous setup was a Denon AVR-2113CI receiver running Mirage Omni-stat micro v1 with a Mirage SW10 powered 10" sub. This speaker system is now mainly in my bedroom (3.1) and the receiver and the other speakers are in my son's room. I did update my receiver a week or two after getting the speakers to a Denon AVR-X3200 (got it from Fry's for $500).

First I will say I thought my mirage setup was good for surround and music and okay center channel. Once I got the speakers broken in they sounded so great. The biggest thing I noticed right away was clarity and range of the these speakers for both movies and music. I watched the Man from UNCLE with both systems (and same receiver) and could notice a much better movie going experience hearing more information from the speakers and the center channel is great and the dialogue is crystal clear and stands out and perfectly balanced. Surround is also much closer. Off axis listening is also very good with these speakers (they even sound pretty good downstairs from my HT room). They are sound great regardless of your volume but giving them more power makes these speakers really come to life and sound great. On my denon (0-98) I like it about between 70-80 for movies and this is where these speakers sound great but not to loud vs my old mirages that both my son and wife would turn the volume closer to 70 or little less. The sub is great (my neighbors can hear it) but is very tight but can still rock your seat in an explosion and I really love the sub volume remote to fine tune the adjustment based on what I'm listening to.

Regarding music wow - I'm hearing things in the songs that I have not heard in a while and the clarity of the music is great. The sound stage is big and hard to pin point where the speakers are in the room. I have listened to some difficult music and the speakers handled it flawlessly and drums sound great with the sub tuned right (I some times have the volume to high from movies and once I turned it down it is perfect). I have listened to Pink Floyd The Wall, Wish you were Here, Yes - Fragile, Temptations - Papa was a rolling stone, Supertramp - Fools Overture (from Paris is my go to test track) this system does a great job with these very trying piece. I would say this sounds better than my previous system (B&K AVR and Def Tech bi-polar towers with built in 10" subs from the mid 1990's).

I narrowed down my first round of speakers to Fluance, SVS and RSL. I talked via the chat tool with Fluance and the answer were so-so but offered me an additional 10% off all speakers - that made me wonder about them and read their refund policy which could take a while. I also like the bookshelf size with sub (I have 3 kids - a teenager and 2 under 6). I then talked with someone at SVS very nice but tried to take me all the way from the prime stats to the towers. My last call was to RSL and Joe Rogers (co-owner) answered and was great listening and offering advice and has been answering ever since. I never felt pressure to buy more than I needed. I ended up with the CG24 across the front ($135 more) but I did break in the CG4 in the bedroom and they are awesome.

Good luck.

post #82 of 589 Old 01-15-2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:

Good luck.
Thanks jplman325 for an awesome feedback!

Quote:
"First I will say I thought my mirage setup was good for surround and music and okay center channel. Once I got the speakers broken in they sounded so great. The biggest thing I noticed right away was clarity and range of the these speakers for both movies and music."
I´m assuming you meant that you were talking about breaking the rsl´s in?

Quote:
" On my denon (0-98) I like it about between 70-80 for movies and this is where these speakers sound great but not to loud vs my old mirages that both my son and wife would turn the volume closer to 70 or little less."
i got the same denon at frys. awsome deal! why do you need to put it at such high levels? do you have the denon multi eq. set to off? i have mine set to "light" and level 55 is more than enought for movies and music.
Also, did you set the speaker crossover to 100hz?
Is there a clear difference between the rsl sub and the Mirage SW10 powered 10" sub (i.e. deep bass, less rattling, etc.)?
Quote:
" I have listened to Pink Floyd The Wall, Wish you were Here, Yes - Fragile, Temptations - Papa was a rolling stone, Supertramp - Fools Overture (from Paris is my go to test track) this system does a great job with these very trying piece. I would say this sounds better than my previous system (B&K AVR and Def Tech bi-polar towers with built in 10" subs from the mid 1990's)."
that alot to say, especially when comparing the definitive techs, and that´s exactly the comparison i´m looking to here.

I also recently learned from reviews the yamaha ns-333 that I was planning to get wasn´t as clear as other speakers, and it really consumes alot of power (50watts nomial to 150 watts, 6 ohms).

With that said, and your feedback with the others, i am definitely getting 6 cg24 speakers for my room. that will be my goal later this year.

Do your recommend a stronger wattage denon than the 3200?

Thanks for all your help!
post #83 of 589 Old 01-16-2016, 06:49 AM

The RSL's need a good 30-40 hrs to break in and open up. It was fun watching a movie during the break in period (first few hours of use) and hearing the difference from the beginning of the movie until the end.

i got the same denon at frys. awsome deal! why do you need to put it at such high levels? do you have the denon multi eq. set to off? i have mine set to "light" and level 55 is more than enought for movies and music.
Also, did you set the speaker crossover to 100hz?
Is there a clear difference between the rsl sub and the Mirage SW10 powered 10" sub (i.e. deep bass, less rattling, etc.)?

I do listen to it lower when its just me and/or latter at night (then I'm in the 50's). However, when I have the family watching the movie I enjoy the higher volume levels sounds awesome and crystal clear (at all volumes). Also I have Med/Large HT (20x13)

I'm still playing with the EQ and switch between Low & Med. and also playing with the user set EQ.

Yes, I do have the crossover set at 100hz per RSL recommendation. I really love this sub it gives good tight bass but can still rattle the floors (and the neighbors for that manner) but still staying tight. Having the remote to change the volume is very helpful when changing between movies or music to tweak the sub to the right volume. Listening to music tracks with the sub dialed in you can hear the skin of the drum being hit and the bass line things that in the past have been muddled together with most systems.

I love listening to music on these speakers and pushing it through paces with tough music choices and never fails.

When you get ready make sure to give RSL a call more than likely you will end up talking to one of the owners (Howard or Joe) and they will offer great advice and help you with the best setup. I have the 3 24CG across the front and 2 4CG's for the rears.

Lastly the Denon is more then ample to push these speakers - and they sound great.

Can't wait to hear your reviews of these speakers.
ruiztagle likes this.

post #84 of 589 Old 01-18-2016, 04:21 AM

Can't wait to hear your reviews of these speakers.[/quote]
Quote:
I do listen to it lower when its just me and/or latter at night (then I'm in the 50's). However, when I have the family watching the movie I enjoy the higher volume levels sounds awesome and crystal clear (at all volumes). Also I have Med/Large HT (20x13).
You have a nice large room, and I'm glad to hear that you are so satisfied with it. The room that I am placing my speakers in is 14 x 14. So it gives me comfort to know that the speakers provides the ambience that satisfies you and your family.

Quote:
I really love this sub it gives good tight bass but can still rattle the floors (and the neighbors for that manner) but still staying tight. Having the remote to change the volume is very helpful when changing between movies or music to tweak the sub to the right volume.
How does your new RSL subwoofer compared to your old Mirage subwoofer? Is there a clear difference or are they very similar?

I look forward towards trying out the speakers! After hearing some responses, I feel confident that I will keep them. Hopefully, I will be able to afford them later this year. I will definitely keep you guys posted as my journey begins. :-)

Last edited by ruiztagle; 01-18-2016 at 04:24 AM.
post #85 of 589 Old 01-18-2016, 09:47 AM

The sub is really the star of the system and the clean and crisp (tight) low end it makes. Right now I'm listening to Yes - 90125 in Stereo mode and what I love is the crispness of the drum beat and hearing the nuisance in the low range. When the drummer goes to a different drum I can hear that. The bass guitar is awesome as I'm hearing the pluck of the string. I just seem to notice more range, tightness and a more full sound if that makes sense. My mirage is okay but it is more of a thuder and can get sloppy at times. There is no sub fatigue with the RSL.

My plan is at some point this year (I hope) is to purchase another speedwoofer for my master and then move my 2 rear CG4's back into the bedroom for R/L with Denon S700bt and put my mirage's as rear's in my HT

The X3200 & RSL's should have no problem filling your room (mine setup sometimes fills the kitchen nicely which is down stairs.)

I would follow RSL on facebook or sign up if they have a newsletter to keep aprised of any sale - I bought mine during a 10% holiday sale

post #86 of 589 Old 01-18-2016, 09:48 AM

Sub is the star

The sub is really the star of the system and the clean and crisp (tight) low end it makes. Right now I'm listening to Yes - 90125 in Stereo mode and what I love is the crispness of the drum beat and hearing the nuisance in the low range. When the drummer goes to a different drum I can hear that. The bass guitar is awesome as I'm hearing the pluck of the string. I just seem to notice more range, tightness and a more full sound if that makes sense. My mirage is okay but it is more of a thuder and can get sloppy at times. There is no sub fatigue with the RSL.

My plan is at some point this year (I hope) is to purchase another speedwoofer for my master and then move my 2 rear CG4's back into the bedroom for R/L with Denon S700bt and put my mirage's as rear's in my HT

The X3200 & RSL's should have no problem filling your room (mine setup sometimes fills the kitchen nicely which is down stairs.)

I would follow RSL on facebook or sign up if they have a newsletter to keep aprised of any sale - I bought mine during a 10% holiday sale

post #87 of 589 Old 04-03-2016, 04:05 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 9
RSL is coming out with an entry level line, then coming out with a flagship line. There current line will be the middle, at least that's what they told me.
. Currently running 5 CG24 and 2 of there subs. It's amazing. Already started saving so I could make this a bedroom system when the time come, and redecorate with the Flagship line which I can't even imagine. The current set up is truly amazing. The subs I wouldn't trade for any sub out there. The Speedwoofer is ridiculously perfect.

RSL has my loyalty until I'm dead. They put themselves into the product, and are unbelievably helpful when setting up. GREAT SPEAKERS

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
post #88 of 589 Old 04-03-2016, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer

I believe the first of the entry level line has come out, the 10S sub. Howard was telling me about it the other day.

post #89 of 589 Old 05-02-2016, 04:33 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 9
I servo ugly cannot wait to see what they do for their premium line

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
post #90 of 589 Old 05-02-2016, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by big70tom View Post
I servo ugly cannot wait to see what they do for their premium line
"I servo ugly"? Auto-correct perhaps?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page