Official Tannoy Owner's Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #271 of 273 Old 04-16-2019, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Tannoy Legacy Arden

Hello all,

I have pulled the trigger and got a pair of Tannoy Legacy Arden, to replace my Tannoy DC10 Ti. Does anybody use them? Should I expect a significant step up with the HPD 15 inch driver over the 10 inch one? They will be placed in the corners of the shorter edge in a medium sized living room, with acoustic treatment on the first reflection points, front wall and rear wall, plus some bass traps behind the speakers. They will be driven with a Parasound HCA-2205, with a Marantz SR7011 pre-amp, with Audyssey XT32 RC limited to 500Hz and a potential crossover of 80Hz to my subwoofers.

Any advice on placement and toe-in? Do people configure the energy and roll off in the front control panel, according to toe-in, and differently for music and movie situations, like what the Audyssey Flat and Reference curve does for Full Band Room correction?

Thank you in advance

AVR: Marantz SR7011 (11.2 Atmos/DTS-X/Auro3D), Amps: Parasound HCA-2205a, Rotel rkb-8100, Front L/R: Tannoy DC10Ti, Center: Tannoy D750, Surrounds: Kef 3001, B&W 601S3
Heights: Focal Domes, B&W M1, Subwoofers: Tannoy TS2.10, Genelec HTS4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 273 Old 05-14-2019, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Not sure how much this thread is frequented but I thought I'd ask this here. Okay so I'm looking at possibly getting a used pair of Tannoy bookshelf and matching centre speakers from a seller on Kijiji. They are in excellent condition aside from a small ding on one front corner. The grills come in great but the seller said he could have them redone in black which I would prefer. It's the Tannoy Mercury MX1 bookshelf and the MX-C centre speaker. Both in dark oak finish. It would cost $305 for the set. I have a perfectly fine setup now but I've long been curious about Tannoy speakers as I've heard my dad bring up the name numerous times over the years. I'm just curious if anyone here has experience with these speakers. If I'm allowed to post the ad links here let me know. Thank you.

LG 49" UHDTV 49UJ6300; Yamaha RX-V481; Sony UBP-X800 BD Player; Fluance SXHTB speaker set, SVS SB-1000
post #273 of 273 Old 05-15-2019, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck31 View Post
Not sure how much this thread is frequented but I thought I'd ask this here. Okay so I'm looking at possibly getting a used pair of Tannoy bookshelf and matching centre speakers from a seller on Kijiji. They are in excellent condition aside from a small ding on one front corner. The grills come in great but the seller said he could have them redone in black which I would prefer. It's the Tannoy Mercury MX1 bookshelf and the MX-C centre speaker. Both in dark oak finish. It would cost $305 for the set. I have a perfectly fine setup now but I've long been curious about Tannoy speakers as I've heard my dad bring up the name numerous times over the years. I'm just curious if anyone here has experience with these speakers. If I'm allowed to post the ad links here let me know. Thank you.

Unfortunately, not enough! Sorry, can't speak to that model, but Tannoy's are more known for their dual-concentric's. There seems to be some feedback on AudioReview.com about them that might help in your decision:

http://www.audioreview.com/product/s...annoy/mx1.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page