JBL 'M2' Master Reference Monitor - Page 157 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2355Likes

post #4681 of 4836 Old 07-15-2019, 11:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 933 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balbolito View Post
how about we do some thread bumping?

I just purchased 3x JBL M2's (brand new)

@Molon_Labe thanks for the help and tips!
@adidino thanks for making this happen!

now its time to think of surround/atmos speakers hmm..

PS: I never heard them btw!
Surrounds and Atmos - How about JBL 705/708/SCL3/SCL4

Mike Miles
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4682 of 4836 Old 07-15-2019, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 182
It looks like Mr. "t....175" got a lot of mileage out of his drive-by posting. If, as he states, he's been "threw" many speakers with horns, it's no wonder his ears hurt, not to mention his head, nose, cheeks... My real question is who threw him and why? Is there a YouTube video?
Molon_Labe likes this.

What I can afford, when I can afford it...
post #4683 of 4836 Old 07-15-2019, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:

Congratulations, and welcome to the Triple M2 Club! It's more exclusive than the Mile High Club and more pleasurable in the long run.

Of course, the Quintuple M2 Club is more exclusive, and the Triple M2 with Trinnov may be even more exclusive, but still you're in a pretty cool club.

Don't be dismayed at the seemingly complex initial set up between the M2s, and the Crown or Synthesis amps or BSS units and amps of your choice. Once done, it's done.

Adding room correction (Audyssey, ARC, Genesis, Trinnov, Dirac...) is a personal journey to a degree, one that can lead to agony or ecstasy, but getting the M2 files installed in the electronic crossover in the amps or BSS is all that's needed for the fun to begin.

For the record, I have two SDA-4600 Synthesis amps driving three M2s and a couple of 18" subs across the front.
Balbolito likes this.

What I can afford, when I can afford it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4684 of 4836 Old 07-15-2019, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles View Post
Surrounds and Atmos - How about JBL 705/708/SCL3/SCL4
Thanks will have a look at them now appreciate it.

How about the Control 328C ? in a Blackcan. For ceiling atmos. It has the same 8 inch driver as the SCS-8's. and maybe two pairs of the SCS-8's for surround/surround back duty that could work too no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by filecat13 View Post
Congratulations, and welcome to the Triple M2 Club! It's more exclusive than the Mile High Club and more pleasurable in the long run.

Of course, the Quintuple M2 Club is more exclusive, and the Triple M2 with Trinnov may be even more exclusive, but still you're in a pretty cool club.

Don't be dismayed at the seemingly complex initial set up between the M2s, and the Crown or Synthesis amps or BSS units and amps of your choice. Once done, it's done.

Adding room correction (Audyssey, ARC, Genesis, Trinnov, Dirac...) is a personal journey to a degree, one that can lead to agony or ecstasy, but getting the M2 files installed in the electronic crossover in the amps or BSS is all that's needed for the fun to begin.

For the record, I have two SDA-4600 Synthesis amps driving three M2s and a couple of 18" subs across the front.
Thank u! proud to be a member of the the M2 Club i am sure i will love them more than all the speakers i had in the past. I am getting a Marantz AV8805 tomorrow , found a really good deal that i couldn't just let go. at least that is an upgrade to my 3 year old 7703.

For now i will run my 2x SVS SB16's in the front of the room. till i upgrade maybe in a year or two.

Thanks for the encouragement regarding the setup, while i might need some help. But like you said once it's done.. it is done.
adidino likes this.
post #4685 of 4836 Old 07-15-2019, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

JBL Control series should work.

I think you are already working with dealer associate that I know well.

Ask for his advice as well.
Molon_Labe likes this.

Mike Miles
[email protected]
post #4686 of 4836 Old 07-15-2019, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles View Post
JBL Control series should work.

I think you are already working with dealer associate that I know well.

Ask for his advice as well.
705/708, Control series or SCS8 are all good choices.

AudioXtream
Authorized Dealer:

Trinnov, Anthem, SVS, Triad, Genelec,
Revel, JBL Synthesis/JBL Pro, Paradigm, Kaleidescape, PS Audio, JVC,
Panamorph, LG
post #4687 of 4836 Old 07-16-2019, 06:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 1433 Post(s)
Liked: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by telon175 View Post
If a speaker has a horn type tweeter then they are not for me IO have been threw many speakers with horn tweeter and it got to the point wear it hurt my ears to listen to them. I now have Ascend Sierra Tower's and a horizon center can listen all day with no issues.
I'm glad you're enjoying your speakers. I have heard the Sierra towers, too, and they do indeed sound great and look beautiful, although they have limited output capability for use in home theater, and they really benefit from a a sub to get satisfying low end response.

As others have said, your generalization about horns is inaccurate. Fatigue is usually due to distortion or a peaky frequency response. Many horns do have those issues. It is complex and expensive to design and build a high fidelity horn speaker, but the best ones have lower distortion, flatter frequency response, much better off axis response, and much higher output capability than your Sierras. In other words, LESS listening fatigue and higher fidelity, more lifelike sound for more types of listening material.

I'd highly recommend looking for an opportunity to hear great horn speakers. You are in for a treat! It's a shame to jump to conclusions based on DJ/band speakers or poorly designed horn speakers that prioritize SPL over fidelity. Horns are flexible devices, and they are also commonly used to achieve high SPL at low cost. Good, high fidelity designs are spectacular, though.
Rex Anderson and LDKTA like this.
post #4688 of 4836 Old 07-16-2019, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2009 Post(s)
Liked: 3913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
Most people associate horns with Klipsch. I have owned Klipsch and the experience was akin to ice picks to the ears compared to the M2.
Outdated. Klipsch RP are NOT harsh. The previous generation was(and probably the ones before that) but not the latest, not for about 4 years now.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!
post #4689 of 4836 Old 07-16-2019, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2009 Post(s)
Liked: 3913
Quote:
I would have to hear it to believe it - no offense. With that said, my Klipsch were previous generation, and I have not heard the newer ones, so I will remain optimistic.
I actually have both, there is a big difference. There are plenty of reviews out there of both RP generations, and unless you believe everything is pay to play, it seems unlikely they are all lying.

I had (still have, but don't use) the RF-82 II. They actually didn't bother me simply because Audyssey Reference tames the harshness, at least in my room. Turn Audyssey off, holy crap! The RP, I don't process above 500 Hz, no harshness, except in some older harsh recordings, but's crappy recordings, not the speakers. Anything competently recorded sounds great. I mostly listen to music, so I'd notice if they were harsh. I hate harshness in my music.

They did two things that killed the harshness. They rubberized the horn(which is apparently a mod that's been around for a while), and designed a better phase plug for the tweeter.

Now, if they would just stop exaggerating the sensitivity ratings of their speakers....

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...h-rp-600m.html
Molon_Labe likes this.

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!

Last edited by drh3b; 07-17-2019 at 02:09 AM.
post #4690 of 4836 Old 07-16-2019, 04:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I would have to hear it to believe it - no offense. With that said, my Klipsch were previous generation, and I have not heard the newer ones, so I will remain optimistic.
The only true Klipsch is the Heritage line imho.

I loved my Cornwalls.

Mike Miles
[email protected]
post #4691 of 4836 Old 07-17-2019, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 398 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5589 Post(s)
Liked: 5416
Quote:
Horn type tweeter? I see......

Since you can listen all day pain free, then I would suggest that you get right back to it.
derp derp derp.

Horn type tweeters. tweeter type horns? Soft domes come in horns. Hard domes come in horns. AMT's come in horns. Compression drivers come in horns. Planars come in horns. Ring radiators come in horns.
Rex Anderson and drh3b like this.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #4692 of 4836 Old 07-17-2019, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 534
Horns seem to be a popular thing to come in.

Life is Lambertian
post #4693 of 4836 Old 07-17-2019, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 3389 Post(s)
Liked: 4081
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
derp derp derp.

Horn type tweeters. tweeter type horns? Soft domes come in horns. Hard domes come in horns. AMT's come in horns. Compression drivers come in horns. Planars come in horns. Ring radiators come in horns.
I never knew speaker designers were so horny.
12B4A likes this.
post #4694 of 4836 Old 07-17-2019, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1010 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
Quote:

@Molon_Labe thanks for the help and tips!
@adidino thanks for making this happen!

now its time to think of surround/atmos speakers hmm.. PS: I never heard them btw!
Folks here are recommending JBL Control Series. FWIW, I have a pair of Control 28-1's I bought to use outdoors on my patio. While they do sound good outdoors, somewhere I found a FR chart and they are not flat.

I was just at Harman and they demoed the Architectural Series. Revel took the Control Series cabinets with the handy Uniball mounting, put in new drivers, waveguide, crossovers etc and made them measure and sound a lot more neutral. https://www.revelspeakers.com/produc...ck-USA-Current

However, to go with the M2, I would stick with LSR series, LSR 708i or LSR 708P would be ideal, but the LSR 705 is a great little speaker if you want something smaller. You need speakers that will timbre match and be able to keep up with the SPL of the M2. LSR series is designed for that application.
Balbolito likes this.
post #4695 of 4836 Old 07-17-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Anderson View Post
Folks here are recommending JBL Control Series. FWIW, I have a pair of Control 28-1's I bought to use outdoors on my patio. While they do sound good outdoors, somewhere I found a FR chart and they are not flat.

I was just at Harman and they demoed the Architectural Series. Revel took the Control Series cabinets with the handy Uniball mounting, put in new drivers, waveguide, crossovers etc and made them measure and sound a lot more neutral. https://www.revelspeakers.com/produc...ck-USA-Current

However, to go with the M2, I would stick with LSR series, LSR 708i or LSR 708P would be ideal, but the LSR 705 is a great little speaker if you want something smaller. You need speakers that will timbre match and be able to keep up with the SPL of the M2. LSR series is designed for that application.
Thanks, i agree. i might get the 705p's for surrounds (2 pairs) . i think for atmos ceiling applications the Control series will do a decent job, don't you think so? my current setup has 4 ceiling atmos speakers that are timbre-matched to the rest of my system, even though it's calibrated and all that but i swear every time i hear something from it, it just sounds different than my LCR's. i think this is how our ears are made. to some extent i think this would apply to surrounds too. but surrounds matter more than surround backs, and backs more than ceiling atmos.
post #4696 of 4836 Old 07-17-2019, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1010 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
Quote:
Thanks, i agree. i might get the 705p's for surrounds (2 pairs) . i think for atmos ceiling applications the Control series will do a decent job, don't you think so? my current setup has 4 ceiling atmos speakers that are timbre-matched to the rest of my system, even though it's calibrated and all that but i swear every time i hear something from it, it just sounds different than my LCR's. i think this is how our ears are made. to some extent i think this would apply to surrounds too. but surrounds matter more than surround backs, and backs more than ceiling atmos.
The goal is for all speakers to be as well matched as possible, otherwise they draw attention to themselves and disrupt the sense of immersion. Another issue is you want all speakers aimed at the main listening position. If your current setup uses speakers that are not aimed at your ears, no amount of EQ can correct for the off axis response. Many pro audio for video mixing facilities use Revel C763L because they can be aimed.

I may have jumped the gun when you mentioned the Control series but were not specific on what models you are considering. What models are you looking at? I can't get measurement data for all models, but some may exist.
post #4697 of 4836 Old 07-18-2019, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Anderson View Post
The goal is for all speakers to be as well matched as possible, otherwise they draw attention to themselves and disrupt the sense of immersion. Another issue is you want all speakers aimed at the main listening position. If your current setup uses speakers that are not aimed at your ears, no amount of EQ can correct for the off axis response. Many pro audio for video mixing facilities use Revel C763L because they can be aimed.

I may have jumped the gun when you mentioned the Control series but were not specific on what models you are considering. What models are you looking at? I can't get measurement data for all models, but some may exist.
Control 328c. which is basically a SCS-8 in another shell. i have seen many setups running the SCS-8's for surrounds and ceiling atmos/front height channels. i was wondering how well would they blend with the M2's in terms of cohesiveness . also saw a few people using 8320's, 8340a's and 8350's for surrounds with their M2's. the 708p is an amazing speaker but in my case it's not convenient to use a powered speaker in each surround location. the 708i could be a better match but it will also need a Crown DCI/N Amp with tunning files to run to it's max potential.

post #4698 of 4836 Old 07-18-2019, 04:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Regarding surrounds...

I built my M2 LCR theater ~1.5 years ago and because I didn't know what surrounds and Atmos speakers to get, I bought 8 JBL Control 1Pro just to get the theater up and running and their depth allowed me to hide them behind my fabric walls.

They are ridiculously cheap and I did not expect much.

But after calibration, they are actually performing very well and I notice no shift in timbre when sounds are panning. They have to be bass managed at 110hz minimum though. And listening to action movies at reference level does show their lack of headroom (but I never listen at reference level).

Are they perfect? No... Can they match the M2's in sound quality? Hell no. But their performance does not make me in a hurry to upgrade. So I would expect the bigger Control speakers to be a very good solution if there is not budget or space for LSR or Synthesis.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Balbolito likes this.

Home Theater: JBL M2 & SUB18 powered by Crown and BSS.
post #4699 of 4836 Old 07-18-2019, 08:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 141
One other thing...I remember @thrang in here replacing his 708's with SCS8's. He might have some inputs.

Home Theater: JBL M2 & SUB18 powered by Crown and BSS.
post #4700 of 4836 Old 07-18-2019, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2569 Post(s)
Liked: 2064
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasHansen View Post
One other thing...I remember @thrang in here replacing his 708's with SCS8's. He might have some inputs.

Yes - no regrets and in fact the scs’ work better than the 708’s as elevation speakers imo.
JonasHansen likes this.

UPDATED 4/29/17 Thrang's Home Theater (for now...)
Sony VPL-VW5000es • Panamorph Paladin DCR • Trinnov Altitude 16 • Crown DCIn amplifiers • JBL M2 (LCR-LW-RW) • JBL S2S-EX subwoofers x2 • JBL SCL-4 (side/rear surrounds) • JBL SCS12 (x4) SCS8 (x2) TH/RH/TM • Lumagen Radiance Pro • Panasonic UB820 • Apple TV 4k • Synology RAID (45 TB total storage) • RTI control system
post #4701 of 4836 Old 07-18-2019, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I owned eight of the SCS 8 previously for surrounds and height speakers, and I find that the 7 series to be superior by a wide margin in my room. I wouldn't hesitate to use a 705 or 708 as a L/C/R in a small theater. I would never consider the SCS8 for front stage duties With that said, I really liked the SCS 8 and recommend them all the time. If your a movie/gaming person, they are by far the best bang for the buck out there. Considering that they have built in mounts, 120x120 dispersion pattern, and are available in an 8" or 12" driver ensures adequate output for any size room. When I bought my SCS 8s, I believe the street price was around $325 each. That is a ridiculous bargain for a surround speaker of this quality. If your into multi-channel music, the 7 series will provide superior results, but the price is a lot higher. I am not bagging on the SCS series in as much as I am praising the 7 series. It is a gem of a speaker in both the 5" and 8" models.
Rex Anderson and LDKTA like this.
post #4702 of 4836 Old 07-18-2019, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2569 Post(s)
Liked: 2064
Quote:
I owned eight of the SCS 8 previously for surrounds and height speakers, and I find that the 7 series to be superior by a wide margin in my room. I wouldn't hesitate to use a 705 or 708 as a L/C/R in a small theater. I would never consider the SCS8 for front stage duties With that said, I really liked the SCS 8 and recommend them all the time. If your a movie/gaming person, they are by far the best bang for the buck out there. Considering that they have built in mounts, 120x120 dispersion pattern, and are available in an 8" or 12" driver ensures adequate output for any size room. When I bought my SCS 8s, I believe the street price was around $325 each. That is a ridiculous bargain for a surround speaker of this quality. If your into multi-channel music, the 7 series will provide superior results, but the price is a lot higher. I am not bagging on the SCS series in as much as I am praising the 7 series. It is a gem of a speaker in both the 5" and 8" models.
Would not use them as bed speakers but they work extremely well for the more limited elevation level

UPDATED 4/29/17 Thrang's Home Theater (for now...)
Sony VPL-VW5000es • Panamorph Paladin DCR • Trinnov Altitude 16 • Crown DCIn amplifiers • JBL M2 (LCR-LW-RW) • JBL S2S-EX subwoofers x2 • JBL SCL-4 (side/rear surrounds) • JBL SCS12 (x4) SCS8 (x2) TH/RH/TM • Lumagen Radiance Pro • Panasonic UB820 • Apple TV 4k • Synology RAID (45 TB total storage) • RTI control system
post #4703 of 4836 Old 07-18-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
I have always been 100% movies 0% music

did the scs-8's match your m2's sonically? or at least didn't sound too different?
post #4704 of 4836 Old 07-18-2019, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have always been 100% movies 0% music

did the scs-8's match your m2's sonically? or at least didn't sound too different?
I had the SCS-8 prior to the M2s and had them paired with JBL 4722s. However, I do know that Harman has done public demos with the M2s up front with SCS-8s doing surround and height duties. If you are100% movies, you can't go wrong with the SCS8.
Balbolito likes this.
post #4705 of 4836 Old 07-23-2019, 02:08 PM

Since everything has been bought, now it's time to relax and just wait for them to arrive

oh yeah and i just updated my signature
Frohlich likes this.

Processor Marantz AV8805 Amps Crown DCI/N x2 CT8150 x1 Speakers JBL PRO M2 x3 708i x4 328c x6 Subs SVS SB16 x2 Screen SI 160 Slate AT 1.2 Projector Crappy Epson TW5600 Media Steiger Dynamics Ikon Cables&Chords Wireworld & Belden Acoustic Foam Pro Acoustic

Last edited by Balbolito; 07-23-2019 at 02:14 PM.
post #4706 of 4836 Old 07-23-2019, 06:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2016 Post(s)
Liked: 2224
Quote:
Since everything has been bought, now it's time to relax and just wait for them to arrive

oh yeah and i just updated my signature
Similar boat as you. I have three JBL M2 and a DCIn amp but don't move into my new house for three more weeks so I just walk by them (in the box) and drool. I can't wait to get them set-up
Balbolito likes this.
post #4707 of 4836 Old 07-23-2019, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Control 328c. which is basically a SCS-8 in another shell. i have seen many setups running the SCS-8's for surrounds and ceiling atmos/front height channels. i was wondering how well would they blend with the M2's in terms of cohesiveness . also saw a few people using 8320's, 8340a's and 8350's for surrounds with their M2's. the 708p is an amazing speaker but in my case it's not convenient to use a powered speaker in each surround location. the 708i could be a better match but it will also need a Crown DCI/N Amp with tunning files to run to it's max potential.

Just to jump in, although please note I am not a paid up member of the LCR M2 club.

I am using the 708i/705i's with the Control 328C as Atmos and could not be more happy with the set up. I can dream of the M2s but for my size of room I do not feel wanting for more. It is a 11' wide by 21' long room, I am about 10' from the front speakers and don't get close to reference. The 328C were chosen as I was looking for in-ceiling speakers due to low ceiling (7'-6") and their wide dispersion. I am interested in your thoughts once set up. You will surely be blown away.
Balbolito likes this.

JVC DLA-N7 | Screen Research ClearPix 4K 130" 2.40 | Pioneer VSX-LX503 | Crown DCi 8|300N | 7.2.4 JBL 708i(3)+705i(4); JBL Control 328C (Atmos); Subwoofer Syzygy SLF-870 x 2 | Ferco seating
post #4708 of 4836 Old 07-24-2019, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
Similar boat as you. I have three JBL M2 and a DCIn amp but don't move into my new house for three more weeks so I just walk by them (in the box) and drool. I can't wait to get them set-up
I think i would need about a 4-5 weeks for everything to get installed, i have to build and change a few things in my room first, but at least i am super happy that i secured everything.

We need pics once you install yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott KL View Post
Just to jump in, although please note I am not a paid up member of the LCR M2 club.

I am using the 708i/705i's with the Control 328C as Atmos and could not be more happy with the set up. I can dream of the M2s but for my size of room I do not feel wanting for more. It is a 11' wide by 21' long room, I am about 10' from the front speakers and don't get close to reference. The 328C were chosen as I was looking for in-ceiling speakers due to low ceiling (7'-6") and their wide dispersion. I am interested in your thoughts once set up. You will surely be blown away.
That's good to know! i didn't know what to expect and how they would match, btw i never listened to any of them, i went ahead and bought them after a month or so of research and reading so hope this will last me at least 10 years i don't want to think of upgrades for some time. my room is similar to yours maybe a bit bigger its 15.5 wide by 21.5 long. my ceiling is 9-9.5 so its not low. 6ft to my ears.did you get the matching JBL Backbox for the 328's? (MTC-300BB8) i did, actually got three pairs for my 6 ceiling atmos speakers. didn't want to have any loss of quality/spl. my 708i's are going to be for side and rear surrounds and they are about 6.5 ft each away from the MLP. My M2's will be 13 ft away from the MLP.

Processor Marantz AV8805 Amps Crown DCI/N x2 CT8150 x1 Speakers JBL PRO M2 x3 708i x4 328c x6 Subs SVS SB16 x2 Screen SI 160 Slate AT 1.2 Projector Crappy Epson TW5600 Media Steiger Dynamics Ikon Cables&Chords Wireworld & Belden Acoustic Foam Pro Acoustic

Last edited by Balbolito; 07-24-2019 at 04:15 AM.
post #4709 of 4836 Old 07-24-2019, 05:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott KL View Post
I am not a paid up member of the LCR M2 club. I am using the 708i/705i's
"I am sorry sir, but I am going to have to ask you to follow me and step outside. This is a private club for it's members and guests only."

Just kidding.
I agree 100%. The 7 series are fantastic speakers. I ran them for awhile as L/C/R and they didn't disappoint.
Frohlich, Scott KL and Balbolito like this.

Last edited by Molon_Labe; 07-24-2019 at 05:54 AM.
post #4710 of 4836 Old 07-24-2019, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
That's good to know! i didn't know what to expect and how they would match, btw i never listened to any of them, i went ahead and bought them after a month or so of research and reading so hope this will last me at least 10 years i don't want to think of upgrades for some time. my room is similar to yours maybe a bit bigger its 15.5 wide by 21.5 long. my ceiling is 9-9.5 so its not low. 6ft to my ears.did you get the matching JBL Backbox for the 328's? (MTC-300BB8) i did, actually got three pairs for my 6 ceiling atmos speakers. didn't want to have any loss of quality/spl. my 708i's are going to be for side and rear surrounds and they are about 6.5 ft each away from the MLP. My M2's will be 13 ft away from the MLP.
Yes. I had the ceiling space (vaulted roof) so I could afford to put the massive back boxes in. Glad I did and have no plan to change them out anytime soon. Got the matching speaker grilles too.
Balbolito likes this.

JVC DLA-N7 | Screen Research ClearPix 4K 130" 2.40 | Pioneer VSX-LX503 | Crown DCi 8|300N | 7.2.4 JBL 708i(3)+705i(4); JBL Control 328C (Atmos); Subwoofer Syzygy SLF-870 x 2 | Ferco seating
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page