Wave Crest Audio HLV-1... Ascend designed budget bookshelf - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 93Likes

post #31 of 240 Old 07-09-2013, 02:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Great idea. It would be great to have a reference thread for the $300 bookshelf requests rather than 10 or so separate conversations per week.
ljmart likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 240 Old 07-09-2013, 06:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 3015
If I lived in CA, I would come. I wouldn't think it would be hard to find a half dozen AVS members who would bring some speakers.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
post #33 of 240 Old 08-13-2013, 10:30 AM

Thought we should link to alphaiii'a comparison of the HLV-1 with other speakers. Such a good review smile.gif
https://www.avsforum.com/t/1481164/battle-of-the-budget-speakers-boston-acoustics-a25-cambridge-audio-s30-wave-crest-hvl-1-mordaunt-short-aviano-1-htd-level-two#post_23585785

Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 240 Old 10-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Writer & Reviewer

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 2210 Post(s)
Liked: 3357
FWIW... I arranged to get 3 of these from Curtis so I could do a review. I'll be using them in both 2.1 (music) and 3.1 (HT) configurations. I have to finish up another review first, but for those interested in knowing what the HVL-1's are capable of stay tuned.

Dark Ranger, that was an excellent review! I noticed you only have 1 post per year though - so I have to admit to some suspicion about your motives - but assuming you aren't a shill... you should definitely do more reviews. I think the community would benefit from them. Your writing style is very polished.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite...
post #35 of 240 Old 10-04-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

Dark Ranger, that was an excellent review! I noticed you only have 1 post per year though - so I have to admit to some suspicion about your motives - but assuming you aren't a shill... you should definitely do more reviews. I think the community would benefit from them. Your writing style is very polished.

I thought he explained himself rather well. Didn't seem any reason to suspect otherwise:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post

Hi folks,

I purchased a pair of these in May soon after they were announced. After several weeks of listening, talking with Curtis about technical specs, and writing down my thoughts, I'd like to formally post my review for those considering this new loudspeaker. As the usual disclaimer, the thoughts that follow are my own. I have tried to present an honest and personal opinion of every aspect of this new product. I have no direct affiliation with Wave Crest Audio or Ascend Acoustics other than being a happy customer. I was neither paid nor compensated for purchasing and reviewing these speakers. I haven't posted here on AVS until now, but some may recognize me from the Ascend forum or Emotiva Lounge.

I hope you enjoy reading about my experience as much as I enjoyed writing about it.

Some people apparently like writing reviews smile.gif
Billy p likes this.

post #36 of 240 Old 10-05-2013, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 789
Yup some guys prefer to hang out at owners forums...nothing wrong in doing that. I know Dark Ranger (Jacob) is very passionate about all Ascends products... as I've become...to question his motives because of only 2 posts is not fair...he linked that review over at the Ascend forum and did so here. I see you(Jim) did likewise at Audioholics after posting here too...Curtis mentioned to me that you'll be reviewing these speakers in due time...I'm excited to read your thoughts as I know how well you're respected ...both here & audioholics...as well as HTS.

Regards, Bill...smile.gif

Ascend Acoustics: Towers, STC w RAAL & 200 SE in espresso,
54" of Panny Bliss, Anthem MRX 300, Oppo 103D,
Sub: Funk Audio 18: (Santos Rosewood)
Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors but we borrow it from our children!
post #37 of 240 Old 10-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Writer & Reviewer

I thought he explained himself very well, and I complimented him on the review and his writing style because of it. Historically, though, anyone who has displayed a similar pattern would be considered suspect. However, if what you guys are saying is true -- and Jacob is legit -- then he's the exception to the rule, which is a good thing. In that case, I'll reiterate the other part of my comment; hopefully he'll write more reviews, because he's very good at it. I'd certainly read them.

post #38 of 240 Old 10-05-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:

I thought he explained himself very well, and I complimented him on the review and his writing style because of it. Historically, though, anyone who has displayed a similar pattern would be considered suspect. However, if what you guys are saying is true -- and Jacob is legit -- then he's the exception to the rule, which is a good thing. In that case, I'll reiterate the other part of my comment; hopefully he'll write more reviews, because he's very good at it. I'd certainly read them.

Well, it's best to let the review stand on its own merit. If the review does, then there's no reason to call into question the motives of the reviewers.

And it's a particularly bad idea for you to cast dispersion on another reviewer, Jim. It opens the door for people to ask you difficult questions. What's your motivation? Is it because you like free stuff? Do you do it because you like the attention? Trying to build toward a professional career where you make money? Or are you selling any of it, which is considered unethical among many professional reviewers because then one is accepting monetary payment for the reviews? And regardless of the motivation, are you sure you are being completely objective? If you want to continue doing reviews and getting manufacturers to ship you equipment, it is, after all, in your best interest to make sure your reviews are generally very positive. They do send you equipment so that they can better market their products, and many might not if they think your reviews will make them look bad. That's probably why Stereophiles reviews rarely seem to say bad things about the equipment they review.

I'm not saying you need to answer those questions. Just pointing out that it's in your best interest not to start making implication about other reviewers. So to repeat, best to let reviews stand on their own merit unless there is an obvious problem smile.gif

post #39 of 240 Old 10-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Writer & Reviewer

You're way out of line, and equally far off the mark.

The fact is people with his posting pattern raise a red flag. Always. I just pointed it out. The fact is I liked his writing style, and made that quite clear. The fact is I write everything as I see it, and there are now 3 manufacturers who won't be sending me any other equipment because of it. The fact is this is a hobby, not a profession. And it won't ever be more than that for me.

You seem awfully invested in this one. Any particular reason? I'm not saying you need to answer that question, just pointing out that it seems like you have something more than meets the eye going on. Throwing in a token smiley doesn't change the obvious either.

You want to keep debating this take it to PM from here on out. This has run it's course.

post #40 of 240 Old 10-05-2013, 10:35 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:

FWIW... I arranged to get 3 of these from Curtis so I could do a review. I'll be using them in both 2.1 (music) and 3.1 (HT) configurations. I have to finish up another review first, but for those interested in knowing what the HVL-1's are capable of stay tuned.

Hi Jim!

Thank you for the complements on my review. I really appreciate it! smile.gif

I'm not surprised that some folks are skeptical considering my (nearly) non-existent post count. In fact, I expected it. We've seen questionable and dubious methods used to advertise products (especially on AV message boards like this). It's distasteful, and it usually makes me reconsider any purchases from that company. I mean, if this is what I can expect pre-sales, what's the after-sales experience going to be like?

Anyway, my hope was that the preceding disclaimer and my Forum Join Date would help ease the skepticism a bit, but that folks would understand the heart of the review along with my enthusiasm for reviewing a new product. biggrin.gif No hard feelings. As others have said, I mostly hang out at manufacturer's forums although I do lurk here occasionally. I posted the review in this thread because I had originally corresponded with the OP (at another forum) about these speakers and wanted to offer my (formal) feedback.

Back to the topic of these bookshelf speakers: Jim, I'll stay tuned for your thoughts on the HVL-1 Triad.
Billy p and JimWilson like this.

-Jacob
post #41 of 240 Old 10-05-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:

You're way out of line, and equally far off the mark.

You completely missed my point. As I said, I believe that a review should first be judged on its own merit. If the review is found to be good, no reason to call into question the credibility of the reviewer this way. To do so is an ad hominem attack on an argument.

And my point is that people that are serious about doing reviews themselves should be especially cautious about doing so because it's easy enough for someone to do the same to them.
Quote:

You seem awfully invested in this one. Any particular reason? I'm not saying you need to answer that question, just pointing out that it seems like you have something more than meets the eye going on. Throwing in a token smiley doesn't change the obvious either.

I thought it was an extremely well written review. Top 10% (or higher) of the amateur audio reviews I have read in terms of writing fluency, organization, and detail. It was a pleasure to read and extremely informative. I don't think it's fair to the writer to attack his credibility based on stereotyping him. Now, if after you do your own review, you find there are grounds to call into question the validity of the review, that's different.

post #42 of 240 Old 10-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post

Thank you for the complements on my review. I really appreciate it! smile.gif

I'm not surprised that some folks are skeptical considering my (nearly) non-existent post count. In fact, I expected it. We've seen questionable and dubious methods used to advertise products (especially on AV message boards like this). It's distasteful, and it usually makes me reconsider any purchases from that company. I mean, if this is what I can expect pre-sales, what's the after-sales experience going to be like?

Anyway, my hope was that the preceding disclaimer and my Forum Join Date would help ease the skepticism a bit, but that folks would understand the heart of the review along with my enthusiasm for reviewing a new product. biggrin.gif No hard feelings. As others have said, I mostly hang out at manufacturer's forums although I do lurk here occasionally. I posted the review in this thread because I had originally corresponded with the OP (at another forum) about these speakers and wanted to offer my (formal) feedback.

Back to the topic of these bookshelf speakers: Jim, I'll stay tuned for your thoughts on the HVL-1 Triad.

Jacob, you do exist! tongue.gif Glad you chimed in, especially seeing as how you're polite and level headed. That seems to be in short supply I'm afraid.

By chance, have you written any other reviews? I'd be interested in reading them. If not, I would encourage you to consider doing more. You have a very engaging style, with a smooth flow. That doesn't happen often. The layout you choose, the amount of detail provided and the picture content was all good as well. So, what else ya' got that you can write about? wink.gif

post #43 of 240 Old 10-05-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:

Jacob, you do exist! tongue.gif Glad you chimed in, especially seeing as how you're polite and level headed. That seems to be in short supply I'm afraid

Does that mean you are satisfied now? Or do cschang and Dave F need to come defend themselves, since your insinuations indirectly accuse one (or both of them) of having hired a shill?

post #44 of 240 Old 10-05-2013, 04:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Does that mean you are satisfied now? Or do cschang and Dave F need to come defend themselves, since your insinuations indirectly accuse one (or both of them) of having hired a shill?

Some members believe that Curtis was or still is a paid employee of Ascend....lol. This is why I prefer owners forums from the most part....public forums you just can't trust anybody nowadays.

Ascend Acoustics: Towers, STC w RAAL & 200 SE in espresso,
54" of Panny Bliss, Anthem MRX 300, Oppo 103D,
Sub: Funk Audio 18: (Santos Rosewood)
Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors but we borrow it from our children!
post #45 of 240 Old 10-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Neither David nor Curtis needs to defend themselves from a slight you fabricated and are trying to pin on me. I never mentioned either of them, nor was there anything insinuated by me regarding them. You should really stop creating alternate realities replete with situations that simply don't exist. Jacob and I are fine, obviously, so it seems the issues are purely of your own making. Stop forwarding your own agenda, whatever that might be, and let it go already.

post #46 of 240 Old 10-05-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:

Neither David nor Curtis needs to defend themselves from a slight you fabricated and are trying to pin on me. I never mentioned either of them, nor was there anything insinuated by me regarding them.

Not my words:
Quote:

- but assuming you aren't a shill

A shill is someone who is typically hired or otherwise placed by the company or otherwise has some kind of close association with them. So there are generally always two parties involved in that distasteful practice: the person writing the review, and the person (or organization) who put them up to it (or at least has knowledge of that close relationship which has not been revealed).

Rather to trying to continue to defend a statement which was a bad idea to make in the first place, particularly when that statement might come across as attempting to discredit another reviewer while promoting one's own future review, it would seem better to me to stop.

post #47 of 240 Old 10-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 619
Easy guys, let's keep this thread on track, which is supposed to be about Wave Crest's HVL-1

Cel4145, Jim is a good guy.

Jim, Jacob, (Dark Ranger) is also a good guy -- very honest and polite. I believe he stays away from these forums because of these types of issues that tend to arise. I will stake my reputation on Jacob's honesty and integrity and I HAVE NEVER and WILL NEVER ask anyone to post a review on AVS / Audioholics / HTF.. etc. In addition, and I am perfectly comfortable stating this publicly, I have never paid anyone or any company to do a review and I have never given anything away in exchange for a review. In fact, as you might find out, if a reviewer wishes to keep any of my products after the review, they are required to pay. Truth to be told, I don't ever recall asking a professional or amateur to review a product (in 14+ years! ) , like you -- they contact us first, and even then -- our priority is always getting products to our customers first (as you have also learned)

Jim, please don't take offense, but you did specifically use the term "shill" and while I understood your suspicions, that term does come across to me as somewhat offensive, just the hint of it. IMO, Better terminology could have been used... I can't speak for Curtis (and it his company) but his honesty and integrity are second to none. And sure, some people still believe Curtis is or has been on Ascend's payroll, some people also believe Alex Rodriguez never used PED's wink.gif
Billy p likes this.

David Fabrikant

audio professional and soft spoken representative of www.AscendAcoustics.com

post #48 of 240 Old 10-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Writer & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascend View Post

Easy guys, let's keep this thread on track, which is supposed to be about Wave Crest's HVL-1

Cel4145, Jim is a good guy.

Jim, Jacob, (Dark Ranger) is also a good guy -- very honest and polite. I believe he stays away from these forums because of these types of issues that tend to arise. I will stake my reputation on Jacob's honesty and integrity and I HAVE NEVER and WILL NEVER ask anyone to post a review on AVS / Audioholics / HTF.. etc. In addition, and I am perfectly comfortable stating this publicly, I have never paid anyone or any company to do a review and I have never given anything away in exchange for a review. In fact, as you might find out, if a reviewer wishes to keep any of my products after the review, they are required to pay. Truth to be told, I don't ever recall asking a professional or amateur to review a product (in 14+ years! ) , like you -- they contact us first, and even then -- our priority is always getting products to our customers first (as you have also learned)

Jim, please don't take offense, but you did specifically use the term "shill" and while I understood your suspicions, that term does come across to me as somewhat offensive, just the hint of it. IMO, Better terminology could have been used... I can't speak for Curtis (and it his company) but his honesty and integrity are second to none. And sure, some people still believe Curtis is or has been on Ascend's payroll, some people also believe Alex Rodriguez never used PED's wink.gif

Wait, you mean A-Rod was juicing?!? Who would have thunk it... tongue.gif

Thanks for weighing in David. I've been trying to let this fabricated conspiracy die, but for some reason others won't let it. Sorry you got dragged into the debacle.

Based upon the email exchanges you and I have had these past few months I assume you already know I'm a person of integrity, so I won't belabor that point further. My shill comment is being taken completely out of context, and has been used to validate a slight that simply wasn't. The exact usage was in the form of a caveat, and certainly not aimed at you or Curtis. That part should be pretty obvious by now though. What I said was "Dark Ranger, that was an excellent review! I noticed you only have 1 post per year though - so I have to admit to some suspicion about your motives - but assuming you aren't a shill... you should definitely do more reviews. I think the community would benefit from them. Your writing style is very polished.". Jacob understood the context, and he and I have no issue, so as far as I'm concerned the rest of the nonsense that continues around it is peripheral noise, so don't give it a further thought.

For the record... I never suspected you or Curtis had nefarious intentions, nor did I say or even intimate that, so inferences to the contrary are completely baseless and inaccurate.

post #49 of 240 Old 10-05-2013, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2165 Post(s)
Liked: 1438
I think you should throw the Arx A1b into the shootout too. They go for $299/pr

Afro GT
post #50 of 240 Old 10-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

Wait, you mean A-Rod was juicing?!? Who would have thunk it... tongue.gif

Thanks for weighing in David. I've been trying to let this fabricated conspiracy die, but for some reason others won't let it. Sorry you got dragged into the debacle.

Based upon the email exchanges you and I have had these past few months I assume you already know I'm a person of integrity, so I won't belabor that point further. My shill comment is being taken completely out of context, and has been used to validate a slight that simply wasn't. The exact usage was in the form of a caveat, and certainly not aimed at you or Curtis. That part should be pretty obvious by now though. What I said was "Dark Ranger, that was an excellent review! I noticed you only have 1 post per year though - so I have to admit to some suspicion about your motives - but assuming you aren't a shill... you should definitely do more reviews. I think the community would benefit from them. Your writing style is very polished.". Jacob understood the context, and he and I have no issue, so as far as I'm concerned the rest of the nonsense that continues around it is peripheral noise, so don't give it a further thought.

For the record... I never suspected you or Curtis had nefarious intentions, nor did I say or even intimate that, so inferences to the contrary are completely baseless and inaccurate.

I checked their wesbite and it has a 30 day money back return policy so I dont think there's any schilling involved.
post #51 of 240 Old 10-05-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:

If that's true then simply retract the statement instead of denying that it means what it means since your intentions don't match what the statement says. Anytime one hints or implies or suggests or adds a "caveat" (which means warning or caution) that someone might be a schill, it casts aspersions on the maker of the product as well--whether the writer wants it to or not. Anytime one says, "I have suspicions . . . assuming one is not X" that immediately sets up the frame for others to consider that X might be true afterall--whether the writer wants it to or not.
buzzy_ and Billy p like this.

post #52 of 240 Old 10-06-2013, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Very nice review Jacob! I really like that you described the performance of the speakers in layman's terms without all the superfluous fluff that often comes with audio reviews!

Too bad about the negativity that so often finds it's way into these threads. Anyone whom regularly frequents the Ascend Forums would never question your motives, or integrity.

Heavily addicted SACDBA member, starting the twelve steps tomorrow!
Jay
post #53 of 240 Old 10-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Writer & Reviewer

Let it go already Charlie. You're the only one who wishes to further this, ad nauseam I might add. Jacob is good, I'm good, David is good. It had absolutely nothing to do with you in the first place, so why does it even matter to you at all? I'm done debating it though. The people actually involved have moved on already, so it's high time you did as well.

Jacob; since history suggests he won't let it go and move on so I'm going to unsubscribe from your thread. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss anything else. Hopefully I find the HVL-1's to be as enjoyable as you did. It would be nice to have another solid player in the low cost speaker market. Let me know if you ever post another review. I'd love to see what else you come up with.

post #54 of 240 Old 10-06-2013, 01:37 PM

Liked: 21
I just remembered why I don't hang out here too often... rolleyes.giftongue.gif

Anyway, I do have a couple of other product reviews on The Emotiva Lounge, but they're written in a slightly different format and prose. I may choose to review other products in the future; we'll see. smile.gif

I still enjoy my HVL-1s very much and use them several times each week for hours at a time. It's great to have enjoyable sound quality while working on various projects in my office/workroom. Right now they're hooked up to a small Onkyo "lifestyle" receiver (14 watts x 2), so I don't push 'em too much to avoid clipping the receiver. That will change later this month. Soon they will be enjoying life again on a proper amplifier. MORE POWER! Excuse me while I grunt like Tim "The Toolman" Taylor.

Man, I love this hobby!
Pet Motel likes this.

-Jacob
post #55 of 240 Old 10-06-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:

Let it go already Charlie. You're the only one who wishes to further this, ad nauseam I might add. Jacob is good, I'm good, David is good.

Actually, Dave said quite clearly (but nicely) that he didn't like that you used that term. Pet Motel just posted his distaste for your insinuation. Someone else thumbed up my point.

So I'll stop. Not because I agree with you, but because it seems clear you'll never admit that you shouldn't have said what you said.

Meanwhile, I'll look forward to reading your review. You set the bar quite high for yourself by stating " but for those interested in knowing what the HVL-1's are capable of stay tuned." Jacob's review already provided a lot of good insight into the HLV-1s and is an excellent review. I'd love to see if you can do substantially better.
buzzy_ likes this.

post #56 of 240 Old 12-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:

This review still in the pipeline? I've been looking forward to reading more about these speakers. I know you're a busy guy, just wondering.
post #57 of 240 Old 01-02-2014, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post

This review still in the pipeline? I've been looking forward to reading more about these speakers. I know you're a busy guy, just wondering.
This review was just posted:
http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/speaker-subwoofer-reviews/72159-wave-crest-audio-hvl-1-speaker-review.html

-curtis
Owner of Wavecrest Audio
Volunteer Mod at the Ascend Acoustics Forum
Like all things on the Internet, do your research, as forums have a good amount of misinformation.
Help beat breast cancer!
post #58 of 240 Old 01-02-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 222

Congrats on the review, Curtis.
cschang likes this.

Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening.
post #59 of 240 Old 01-02-2014, 10:00 PM

Liked: 11

Thank you for a great review Jacob,

I just purchased 3 of these speakers.

Your review and this review on hometheatershack.com helped me make a decision.

Link to other review.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/speaker-subwoofer-reviews/72159-wave-crest-audio-hvl-1-speaker-review.html

And I even got 15% discount code from there!! Read through the review and there is discount coupon at the bottom.

3 speakers for $314 including shipping? Why not give a try?

Anyway, I will also try to leave some review after receiving them, will probably take sometime as I need to get them forwarded to Guatemala.

I've used various bookshelves before :-

Wharfedale Diamond 10.1

Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 (this was my favourite)

Cambridge Audio S30

PSB Alpha B1

B&W 602 (and also 603 towers)

JBL ES20

JBL 4312M (made in Japan)

Sony SS-B1000

Audiogene A2

and several others I cannot remember exactly at this stage

I'll try to compare HLV-1 with my experience of previously experienced bookshelves.

post #60 of 240 Old 01-03-2014, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 60

Congrats on the positive press...

I know back when I compared the HVL-1 to some other similarly priced speakers, I had some criticisms, but I hope people realized I was nitpicking... and that, overall, I did think the HVL-1 was a very nice speaker for the price.

Also, I should have gone back and updated that thread just to point out that the customer service from both HTD and Wavecrest (Curtis) was top notch - both made the return process painless and did not give me a hard time at all about returning the speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Ascend Acoustics Cbm 170 Se , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Energy Rc 10 2 Way Bookshelf Speaker Black Ash Veneer , hvl-1 , Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , wave crest audio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page