Speaker Stand Recommendations for Pioneer SP-BS22-LR - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-22-2013, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Hi Everyone,

I was looking for some recommendations or experiences from others who have Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers. I'm looking to get a set of speaker stands for the two which I use for the front speakers.

So far, I have been able to find that the Sanus NF24 are an option. I was wondering though if I should be concerned that the 7.5 by 7.5-inch top plate is smaller than the base of the speakers (8.4 x 7.1) considering they don't have a screw in option or other method to really secure them to the top plate. Any suggestions for stand for these speakers is appreciated, or ways to safely secure them to a stand, etc. are also appreciated.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-22-2013, 08:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
Liked: 2587
The 22's and the 21's before them are not rectangular when viewed from the top; they taper from front to back. I am using NF24's with my 22's and the top plate of the stand is actually very slightly wider than the bottom of the 22 in front, and even wider in back. The front to back length of the speaker is also a tad longer than the top plate of the stand. I have them positioned so that front edge of the 22 is flush with the front edge of the top plate.

I do not have them secured but I do not have any small children or large pets that could knock them over.

I think Andrew Jones suggested some BluTac in the recent issue of Stereophile where the 22's were reviewed.

Brian
kkirsche likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-19-2014, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know this is a little old, but someone else might still have the same question.

I went a different route than what I've seen most people suggest. I needed to get the speakers up high and didn't want to be making holes in the wall or ceiling of my 100+ year old house with plaster surfaces. So what I did was get a telescoping monitor stand from a music store, similar to this
along with a mounting bracket similar to this. That allowed me to get the speakers up to 9' up in the air, which got them over the furniture at the back of the room and far enough away from the wall to allow the bell at the back to function properly.

I used velcro tape to secure it to the bracket and it's very snugly held in place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Pioneer Andrew Jones Designed Bookshelf Loudspeakers Sp Bs22 Lr

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page