Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-08-2013, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

S660 Sansui Speakers 100w RMS

- 80% music & 20% movies 

- Parties in my apartment often happens.

Any ideas of a setup to start off with?

Would S660 be good enough for my needs?

Any idea of any floorstanding speakers under 900 dollar price range that can complete my task?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-11-2013, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Are you saying YOU are an S660 owner and you are wondering how they compare to other speakers in the 800-900 dollar price range for Music/Parties?

Or is it that you want to talk to an S660 owner to see if these would fit your needs?

I can vouch for the ARX-A5 towers as I often have multiple guests over for drinks and a good time. They go as loud as I want them, and kind of blend into the background as everyone is socializing. They have tight bass for pop/techno music, but don't expect overly loud bass when playing rap music. I've gotten 25hz out of them, but the tweeter is pretty loud at this point. If you're into hop-hop try getting towers with 8 or 10 inch woofers. There are a lot out there in your price range. That is assuming you won't be using a sub woofer in your setup of course.

EDIT: You should also take a look into the vintage market, you'll find some huge boxes with large woofers for pretty cheap that can give you that old-school hip-hop feel.

Pair of Titan 615LX
8x Full Marty (6x UM18-22, 2x SI HT-18) on 4x Inuke6000DSP
4x Sealed Dayton 460HO on Crest Audio ProLite 5.0
4x Volt 10LX
post #3 of 3 Old 11-13-2013, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiforce View Post

Are you saying YOU are an S660 owner and you are wondering how they compare to other speakers in the 800-900 dollar price range for Music/Parties?

Or is it that you want to talk to an S660 owner to see if these would fit your needs?

I can vouch for the ARX-A5 towers as I often have multiple guests over for drinks and a good time. They go as loud as I want them, and kind of blend into the background as everyone is socializing. They have tight bass for pop/techno music, but don't expect overly loud bass when playing rap music. I've gotten 25hz out of them, but the tweeter is pretty loud at this point. If you're into hop-hop try getting towers with 8 or 10 inch woofers. There are a lot out there in your price range. That is assuming you won't be using a sub woofer in your setup of course.

EDIT: You should also take a look into the vintage market, you'll find some huge boxes with large woofers for pretty cheap that can give you that old-school hip-hop feel.

Correct, I'm a S660 owner, I listen to ANYTHING (not rock n roll) as long as it's in english or spanish lol..... I would need a subwoofer because you know I like that type of bass that would have your face feeling a massage & your chest feeling raw power. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Sansui , Sansui Brand

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page