Powered Zone #2 - High front Speakers for 7.1, or Patio Speakers with good bass - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-20-2013, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey guys, Costa Rican newb here. I recently upgraded my Sony HTIB for a Denon 1912 and Martin Logan MLT-2's. I've been wondering if it would be worth adding an extra pair of MLT-2's to put as high surrounds and complete a 7.1 system, and thus sacrificing the powered 2 channel Zone#2. (I would do this if the difference is really noticeable/mind blowing). What are your thoughts and experiences?

If I were to discard the high surround option I'd like to connect those two channels to a speaker switch (like a cheap Niles SPS-4 with remote) and in the future I'd be able to use send audio to multiple rooms if possible. And here comes my question: I've heard it's cheaper to just buy impedance matched volume controls than the speaker switch because it would do both jobs. How does this work? How would I distribute cabling from 2 channels in the receiver to multiple rooms then? How can the 100watts p/channel coming from my receiver power up to 4 pairs of speakers without something going bad??? What are your recommendations? Experiences?

My final question is: If going with the multi-room setup, I'd like to buy speakers with the most bass (a pair to start off). I was looking at a review from the wirecutter.com where experts preferred the Outdoor speaker depot AP670. And I've also heard about Definite Technologies AW6500, but since I have to pay double the price due to shipping and taxes, my budget is at $200 or less for my first price. Al help and/or input is welcome. Thanks in advance! biggrin.gif

-Christian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-20-2013, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone?
post #3 of 3 Old 11-23-2013, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Common guys, help me out here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Denon Avr 1912 Receiver , Martin Logan Mlt 2 Home Theater System , Definitive Technology Aw 6500 Outdoor Speaker Single Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page