Is upgrading to Polk Monitor70 Series II from Polk RM75 worth it? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-04-2013, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have the the Polk Audio RM75 5 CH High Performance 5 Piece Surround System that came free with my YAMAHA RX-V667BL 7.2-Channel Receiver. I also have a Polk Audio PSW Series PSW10 Black 10-inch Powered Subwoofer.

I was thinking of purchasing the Monitor70 along with a CS2 as an upgrade and how noticeable it would be.

I'm fairly new to home theater so I was just wondering if this was worth the money for an upgrade? Also, would my receiver be able to pump out enough power for the Monitor70? The speakers are on sale today so I would like to purchase tonight if possible. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-04-2013, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Yes it is worth it and yes your receiver will have enough power

I went from Polk RM6750 5.1 to just Polk RTi4 and Polk CSi3 and it was a noticeable upgrade even for just going up to bookshelf speakers.

The only current weak link I see and others would most likely agree is your subwoofer.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-04-2013, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 View Post

Yes it is worth it and yes your receiver will have enough power

I went from Polk RM6750 5.1 to just Polk RTi4 and Polk CSi3 and it was a noticeable upgrade even for just going up to bookshelf speakers.

The only current weak link I see and others would most likely agree is your subwoofer.

Is it because it is a lowered power sub? Right now I live in an apartment so I don't have my sub turned up too loud. I plan on upgrading my subwoofer years down the road when I'm out of apartments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-04-2013, 05:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXVirusXx View Post

Is it because it is a lowered power sub? Right now I live in an apartment so I don't have my sub turned up too loud. I plan on upgrading my subwoofer years down the road when I'm out of apartments.
Yeah and its not the best. but if it works for you than I would keep it. No reason to anger your neighbors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Polk Audio Monitor70 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Yamaha Rx V667 Receiver , Polk Audio Psw10 10 Inch Monitor Series Powered Subwoofer Single Black , Polk Audio Csi3 Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Rti4 High Performance Bookshelf On Wall Speakers , Rm6750 Polk Audio Home Theater Speaker Package With 8 100w Dynamic Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page