Getting the most out of a Klipshe RB 61 II Horns - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-29-2013, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am breaking in a pair of Klipshe RB 61 II's for a friend. I am using an old Denon DRA-685 with a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Gold soundcard connected to my PC. I find the details to be a little overemphasized unless I am 6-8' back when the speakers are 3' apart. This is especially prevelent during acoustic guitar or piano. I could toe in the speakers but this seems like it would just narrow the sweet spot even further. I am also amazed at how big the sound is coming out of these speakers. I am used to B&W and Energy book shelves.

Please no horn bashing I am just trying to get the best out of these speakers.

I had some dipole Definitive Technology speakers that sounded bad until I pulled them a bit further from the wall. I just want to give some advice to my friend on how to set these up. As it currently stands I would never suggest this speakers unless your in a good size room for music only. With a normal Home Theater separation on these speakers you would need to be 10-12 Ft back which means you need a 70" or greater TV to view 1080P. Maybe toeing them in is not such a small sweet spot in a large room?

Please let me know what you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-29-2013, 09:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked: 584
If you had a 55" or 60" monitor on a stand, the speakers would be about 7 feet center-to center.

This is essentially what I have.

We sit about 9 to 10 feet from the screen, which works out nicely.

We have a 2.1 system for music and movies, and the speakers are toed in about 15 degrees. Since those speakers have front ports, the distance from the rear wall should not be critical at all.

I suggest a set of good rigid steel stands for those speakers.

The Sanus Steel Foundations stands run about $120 and are very good.

The center column should be filled with steel or lead bird shot for mass and stability (available at your local sporting goods store).
boykillsworld likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rb 61 Ii Reference Series Bookshelf Loudspeakers Black Pair

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page