Behringer Eurolive B215XL 15" 2-Way as L/R Mains - Page 140 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1812Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4171 of 4189 Old 05-25-2019, 11:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Skylinestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Borneo Island
Posts: 3,045
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1312 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Where is everyone?
Skylinestar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4172 of 4189 Old 05-26-2019, 12:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DavidK442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,686
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Liked: 742
DavidK442 is offline  
post #4173 of 4189 Old 05-27-2019, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
DekPM19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pooler, Ga
Posts: 990
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 70
What is a good speaker to use for in ceiling atmos with the 215xl. I have 3 B215xl across the front looking at adding atmos.
Allen
DekPM19 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4174 of 4189 Old 05-27-2019, 09:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DavidK442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,686
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Liked: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekPM19 View Post
What is a good speaker to use for in ceiling atmos with the 215xl. I have 3 B215xl across the front looking at adding atmos.
Allen
The Atmos channel is not very taxing, so you don't need to throw gobs of money or a huge driver in your ceiling.
I have seen the RSL C34E in-ceiling speaker recommended several times, and by at least one very well respected installer & guru on these forums (BigmouthinDC).
(I have no personal experience, but archived it for when I make the jump to Atmos.)

https://rslspeakers.com/products/c34...iling-speaker/

Reasonably priced with the ability to aim it for best Atmos coverage. Can't go wrong.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	In ceiling.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	2572612  
anjunadeep likes this.
DavidK442 is offline  
post #4175 of 4189 Old 10-16-2019, 04:02 PM
Member
 
marto2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Hi,

I've read most of the 140ish pages of this thread and couldn't find the comparison of the B215XL and the DIYSG SEOS lineup... too bad as I was very interested in it.

I am looking to upgrade my L-C-R, and diy is once again my first choice; posted several times in that forum asking what to buy and the consensus was the HTM-10 (Deltalite 10 + Seos 12). That would take USD$554 for L and R, but as I don't live in USA, I have to account shipping (and probably taxes) to that price... probably another USD$180 for it., so a grand total of USD$730ish for Left and Right channel (not accounting materials and time!).


Now... I`ve found a local retailer that has the Behringer B215XL for USD$200 each, and the B212XL for USD$150 each. Just go and pick them up, plug it and ready to go.

So, what do you think? Will the HTM10's be twice as good (price - performance wise)?

Don't get me wrong, I love DIY, but I am a little confused with this thread as there is people who say the Berries sound good and others that sound bad and undetailed (even for the price).

The use will be strictly movie watching and maybe some music listening (non critical) in a small rectangular room, with carpet and sound treated with acoustic panels on front and back walls (not in ceiling), at moderate listening levels (around 80-85db) Oh, and they will be paired with dual 15" sealed subwoofers.

Bye!
marto2009 is offline  
post #4176 of 4189 Old 10-16-2019, 04:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Miami Beach, FL
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by marto2009 View Post
Hi,

I've read most of the 140ish pages of this thread and couldn't find the comparison of the B215XL and the DIYSG SEOS lineup... too bad as I was very interested in it.

I am looking to upgrade my L-C-R, and diy is once again my first choice; posted several times in that forum asking what to buy and the consensus was the HTM-10 (Deltalite 10 + Seos 12). That would take USD$554 for L and R, but as I don't live in USA, I have to account shipping (and probably taxes) to that price... probably another USD$180 for it., so a grand total of USD$730ish for Left and Right channel (not accounting materials and time!).


Now... I`ve found a local retailer that has the Behringer B215XL for USD$200 each, and the B212XL for USD$150 each. Just go and pick them up, plug it and ready to go.

So, what do you think? Will the HTM10's be twice as good (price - performance wise)?

Don't get me wrong, I love DIY, but I am a little confused with this thread as there is people who say the Berries sound good and others that sound bad and undetailed (even for the price).

The use will be strictly movie watching and maybe some music listening (non critical) in a small rectangular room, with carpet and sound treated with acoustic panels on front and back walls (not in ceiling), at moderate listening levels (around 80-85db) Oh, and they will be paired with dual 15" sealed subwoofers.

Bye!
At moderately levels in a small room, this speaker doesn't make much sense imo. I've heard these speakers a number of times and they weren't my taste. Can you demo them? What's the return policy?

What brands are sold in your country for speakers? Are you dead set on compression drivers and horns? Seems unnecessary in your room size and volume level desired. Why not build yourself some bookshelf speakers?
anjunadeep is offline  
post #4177 of 4189 Old 10-16-2019, 05:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Geraldton - 250miles from Perth Western Australia
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 107
I tested a pair of the B215XL as LR in my theatre and they sounded no better or louder than my 30yr old Mordaunt Short 4.5" bookshelf speakers which I still currently use as LR


They did sound good - just not any better.
niterida is offline  
post #4178 of 4189 Old 10-16-2019, 06:04 PM
Member
 
marto2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjunadeep View Post
At moderately levels in a small room, this speaker doesn't make much sense imo. I've heard these speakers a number of times and they weren't my taste. Can you demo them? What's the return policy?

What brands are sold in your country for speakers? Are you dead set on compression drivers and horns? Seems unnecessary in your room size and volume level desired. Why not build yourself some bookshelf speakers?
PA spakers I can get Yamaha, JBL, Behringer, etc. These seem to be more competitive regarding prices, and there is more variety.

Standard speakers I can get Polk, Jamo, some Klipsch, Q Acoustics, Wharfedale, etc. These time of speakers are too expensive for what they offer, as most of the higher end are floorstanders and for HT I really don't need the lower extension, that's why I have my DIY subwoofers. For example, If I want to get a good bookshelf speaker from Dali Audio, I can get a pair for the same price of a Behringer B215XL.

Am I dead set on CD? IDK. My first DIY speaker was a Fusion 6 MT for L and R and a Fusion 6 MTM for center, these use a 6 EOS, a Denovo Audio 150 CD and a Faital Pro 6" driver, and I did not like them at all... the highs seemed muffled and without detail... That's my whole experience with CD.

Now I have a Nexus MT (also designed by MTG90) which are a 5" Dayton with a 1" Silk dome Dayton tweeter, I do like how they sound, but I think a bigger speaker will offer me a greater audio presentation and greater dynamics. I do listen to moderate levels, and I hate when I cant hear the dialogue, so I set a higher volume, and then in another scene, BOOM! I need to lower the volume because it's too loud. One thing I am sure, is that I like clear highs, not muffled, a non "laid back sound".

The return policy on those Behringer is very poor, I can only return them if they fail withing a certain time, no "Return if not satisfied". I might demo them, but the conditions might not be the best.
marto2009 is offline  
post #4179 of 4189 Old 10-16-2019, 07:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Miami Beach, FL
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by marto2009 View Post
PA spakers I can get Yamaha, JBL, Behringer, etc. These seem to be more competitive regarding prices, and there is more variety.

Standard speakers I can get Polk, Jamo, some Klipsch, Q Acoustics, Wharfedale, etc. These time of speakers are too expensive for what they offer, as most of the higher end are floorstanders and for HT I really don't need the lower extension, that's why I have my DIY subwoofers. For example, If I want to get a good bookshelf speaker from Dali Audio, I can get a pair for the same price of a Behringer B215XL.

Am I dead set on CD? IDK. My first DIY speaker was a Fusion 6 MT for L and R and a Fusion 6 MTM for center, these use a 6 EOS, a Denovo Audio 150 CD and a Faital Pro 6" driver, and I did not like them at all... the highs seemed muffled and without detail... That's my whole experience with CD.

Now I have a Nexus MT (also designed by MTG90) which are a 5" Dayton with a 1" Silk dome Dayton tweeter, I do like how they sound, but I think a bigger speaker will offer me a greater audio presentation and greater dynamics. I do listen to moderate levels, and I hate when I cant hear the dialogue, so I set a higher volume, and then in another scene, BOOM! I need to lower the volume because it's too loud. One thing I am sure, is that I like clear highs, not muffled, a non "laid back sound".

The return policy on those Behringer is very poor, I can only return them if they fail withing a certain time, no "Return if not satisfied". I might demo them, but the conditions might not be the best.
As someone who has spent a lot of time in nightclubs and around sound reinforcement systems, my experience with compression drivers is that you have to get into some pretty nice ones before they sound good. And after that, you have to find a good speaker design too as always. But there is always preference involved. Most compression drivers have a bit of a crunchy sound to them, which can be really appealing for watching movies. You hear that at a lot of theaters, it's kinda aggressive and engaging. To me it's like the crazy hot girl that you just want to spend a night with but don't want to marry. After a while what is engaging becomes a little tiring, and you want something a little more neutral. Especially if you sometimes use the system for long periods of time.

I normally don't like Klipsch, but I will say that after hearing the Klipsch RP series they have designed something that isn't extremely bright and grating yet still has a bit of that edge. That might be up your alley if you can find them within budget. Wharfedales I've heard were on the laid back end of the spectrum. Polks I found more neutral.
anjunadeep is offline  
post #4180 of 4189 Old 10-16-2019, 09:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DavidK442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,686
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Liked: 742
A few years ago I changed out my main left/center/right channels from conventional Hi-Fi speakers to a trio of B215XL's.
I was generally satisfied with my original setup but one of the cones was starting to rattle so it was time to say goodbye.
Having the same bias against PA speakers as has been expressed here, I wasn't sure what to expect but trusted Mark's opinion.
Ultimately the change in form was substantial, but the difference in function minimal. Switching back and forth I could notice a difference in sound but as for preference, difficult to say. Nothing that a tweak of the EQ or a few minutes of listening would not erase. In the end, very undramatic...which I suppose was a good thing. Reading the hyperbole of others I believed that the combination of 15" mid-bass and compression driver to have some magical properties. I expected the inherent efficiency to blow me out of the water and rip my head off with dynamic range. That was not the case. Perhaps in a larger room with less capable subwoofers I would have taxed my original setup, causing compression and distortion. Alas, that was obviously not the situation because changing to the Behringers, which are purposefully built for LOUD, really made very little difference.
Everyone's experience and needs will be different. I just throw my own thoughts on the pile to say don't judge a speaker by it's drivers.

Last edited by DavidK442; 10-16-2019 at 10:59 PM.
DavidK442 is offline  
post #4181 of 4189 Old 10-17-2019, 08:02 AM
Member
 
marto2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjunadeep View Post
As someone who has spent a lot of time in nightclubs and around sound reinforcement systems, my experience with compression drivers is that you have to get into some pretty nice ones before they sound good. And after that, you have to find a good speaker design too as always. But there is always preference involved. Most compression drivers have a bit of a crunchy sound to them, which can be really appealing for watching movies. You hear that at a lot of theaters, it's kinda aggressive and engaging. To me it's like the crazy hot girl that you just want to spend a night with but don't want to marry. After a while what is engaging becomes a little tiring, and you want something a little more neutral. Especially if you sometimes use the system for long periods of time.

I normally don't like Klipsch, but I will say that after hearing the Klipsch RP series they have designed something that isn't extremely bright and grating yet still has a bit of that edge. That might be up your alley if you can find them within budget. Wharfedales I've heard were on the laid back end of the spectrum. Polks I found more neutral.
Well, I don't spend too many time listening to my speakers as I only watch movies there, and I do like that crunchy, "in your face", sound typical of movie theaters. To me it offers more "excitement" that a super mellow neutral speaker perfect for critical music listening, so that's what I am looking for.

I can get Klipsch here, no all the models and they are expensive. The cheapest I can get is the Klipsch R610F @ USD$500 a pair. But then again, it's a floor stander with one 6.5" driver. The Klipsck RP4000F, another floor stander, is around USD$575 a pair... and it's a dual 4" driver...

When I compare that Klipsch to a HTM10 that has a 10" high quality driver and a 12" SEOS, I think I will always will keep thinking "what if... i bough the bigger one?" I want to buy something big enough (maybe not in size but in sound) that I say: "I am good for a few years here"...


I though the B215XL would be that speaker, maybe not as good as an HTM10, but cheaper and much better than what I got now.... but PA speakers might not be good for needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidK442 View Post
A few years ago I changed out my main left/center/right channels from conventional Hi-Fi speakers to a trio of B215XL's.
I was generally satisfied with my original setup but one of the cones was starting to rattle so it was time to say goodbye.
Having the same bias against PA speakers as has been expressed here, I wasn't sure what to expect but trusted Mark's opinion.
Ultimately the change in form was substantial, but the difference in function minimal. Switching back and forth I could notice a difference in sound but as for preference, difficult to say. Nothing that a tweak of the EQ or a few minutes of listening would not erase. In the end, very undramatic...which I suppose was a good thing. Reading the hyperbole of others I believed that the combination of 15" mid-bass and compression driver to have some magical properties. I expected the inherent efficiency to blow me out of the water and rip my head off with dynamic range. That was not the case. Perhaps in a larger room with less capable subwoofers I would have taxed my original setup, causing compression and distortion. Alas, that was obviously not the situation because changing to the Behringers, which are purposefully built for LOUD, really made very little difference.
Everyone's experience and needs will be different. I just throw my own thoughts on the pile to say don't judge a speaker by it's drivers.
What was you original setup?

Keep in mind that I am coming from a standard/basic system, so my initial point of comparison is quite low.
marto2009 is offline  
post #4182 of 4189 Old 10-17-2019, 08:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Miami Beach, FL
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by marto2009 View Post
When I compare that Klipsch to a HTM10 that has a 10" high quality driver and a 12" SEOS, I think I will always will keep thinking "what if... i bough the bigger one?" I want to buy something big enough (maybe not in size but in sound) that I say: "I am good for a few years here"...


I though the B215XL would be that speaker, maybe not as good as an HTM10, but cheaper and much better than what I got now.... but PA speakers might not be good for needs.
I'd point you to the HTM10s then also, I'm going to agree with the DIY guys. And honestly speakers should last you more than a few years if you can contain your upgrade bug, try to get at least 5 out of them before making a change. Speaker technology isn't exactly fast paced, get something a little over what you think you need and keep it for a long time. You end up spending a bunch of money on incremental improvements.

Not to mention if you take a little tiny to finish the HTM10s nicely, they can be a pretty good looking speaker too!
anjunadeep is offline  
post #4183 of 4189 Old 10-17-2019, 09:11 AM
Member
 
marto2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjunadeep View Post
I'd point you to the HTM10s then also, I'm going to agree with the DIY guys. And honestly speakers should last you more than a few years if you can contain your upgrade bug, try to get at least 5 out of them before making a change. Speaker technology isn't exactly fast paced, get something a little over what you think you need and keep it for a long time. You end up spending a bunch of money on incremental improvements.

Not to mention if you take a little tiny to finish the HTM10s nicely, they can be a pretty good looking speaker too!
Thanks for your reply!

Bummer! Another HTM-10 recommendation! LOL. Well, it seems it THE way to go.

I know it's a worn up question but, where do you think the HTM10 stands compared to a KLIPSCH RP5000F (which is comparable in price here, where I live) or maybe the cheaper ELAC Debut B6.2 (which i found I can also get here).

Last edited by marto2009; 10-17-2019 at 10:01 AM.
marto2009 is offline  
post #4184 of 4189 Old 10-17-2019, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DavidK442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,686
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Liked: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by marto2009 View Post
Well, I don't spend too many time listening to my speakers as I only watch movies there, and I do like that crunchy, "in your face", sound typical of movie theaters. To me it offers more "excitement" that a super mellow neutral speaker perfect for critical music listening, so that's what I am looking for.

I can get Klipsch here, no all the models and they are expensive. The cheapest I can get is the Klipsch R610F @ USD$500 a pair. But then again, it's a floor stander with one 6.5" driver. The Klipsck RP4000F, another floor stander, is around USD$575 a pair... and it's a dual 4" driver...

When I compare that Klipsch to a HTM10 that has a 10" high quality driver and a 12" SEOS, I think I will always will keep thinking "what if... i bough the bigger one?" I want to buy something big enough (maybe not in size but in sound) that I say: "I am good for a few years here"...


I though the B215XL would be that speaker, maybe not as good as an HTM10, but cheaper and much better than what I got now.... but PA speakers might not be good for needs.



What was you original setup?

Keep in mind that I am coming from a standard/basic system, so my initial point of comparison is quite low.
Left and right were large bookshelves (8" driver with 1" tweeter) and an MTM style center channel that I set on end to reduce lobing. The manufacturer, Camber, is long since defunct but they used Canada's speaker research center for development and were well regarded.
Definitely not hi-end audiophile speakers, but better than the average consumer brands of the day. While I'm not sure what crunchy sounds like, my old speakers used titanium dome tweeters and definitely did not lack in highs.
Good luck with your decision. For the price, the Behringer's are hard to beat.

Last edited by DavidK442; 10-17-2019 at 10:38 AM.
DavidK442 is offline  
post #4185 of 4189 Old 10-17-2019, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
MKtheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Hartford, NY
Posts: 18,835
Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2579 Post(s)
Liked: 2794
It all depends on the room, proper setup, and listening preference. There is no point in getting speakers that can play reference vs a speaker that can't when you don't listen at reference. Big dynamics only come from listening loud enough for it to happen. I have compared the behringer to a few speakers in my room which was well treated. I always have the same 7 friends listen in the blind with each setup properly, level matched, etc.. It all depends. I owned the SEOS pure 10 but not when I owned the Behringer. I only had notes I had written down. I always compare two speakers at a time in the blind and compare the winner to the next speaker. I always right down why I like it better.

Building the room, speakers, and subs.
MKtheater is online now  
post #4186 of 4189 Old 10-17-2019, 11:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Miami Beach, FL
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by marto2009 View Post
Thanks for your reply!

Bummer! Another HTM-10 recommendation! LOL. Well, it seems it THE way to go.

I know it's a worn up question but, where do you think the HTM10 stands compared to a KLIPSCH RP5000F (which is comparable in price here, where I live) or maybe the cheaper ELAC Debut B6.2 (which i found I can also get here).
While I personally feel the ELAC Debut series is a great value, I don't think the ELAC is going to give you that forward sound you want. I think you might find them a little lifeless. The Klipsch RP series speakers have a nice balance of being a bit forward without being overly bright. If you can give those a listen or find them with a return policy, I'd point you that way. That might be just the ticket for you. Even if the HTM10 can go louder cleaner, in your small room and with the moderate volume levels you are talking about, I don't think you'd really need that.
anjunadeep is offline  
post #4187 of 4189 Old 10-17-2019, 03:48 PM
Member
 
marto2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post
It all depends on the room, proper setup, and listening preference. There is no point in getting speakers that can play reference vs a speaker that can't when you don't listen at reference. Big dynamics only come from listening loud enough for it to happen. I have compared the behringer to a few speakers in my room which was well treated. I always have the same 7 friends listen in the blind with each setup properly, level matched, etc.. It all depends. I owned the SEOS pure 10 but not when I owned the Behringer. I only had notes I had written down. I always compare two speakers at a time in the blind and compare the winner to the next speaker. I always right down why I like it better.
You are right, it all depends on the usage and the room... but I am completely blind, as I need to choose a speaker based solely on your opinion. So, the Behringer's compared to Ryan Bouma's Pure 10 (a design I always wanted to build, but never got the SOES 10 nor the drivers locally). How they compared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidK442 View Post
Left and right were large bookshelves (8" driver with 1" tweeter) and an MTM style center channel that I set on end to reduce lobing. The manufacturer, Camber, is long since defunct but they used Canada's speaker research center for development and were well regarded.
Definitely not hi-end audiophile speakers, but better than the average consumer brands of the day. While I'm not sure what crunchy sounds like, my old speakers used titanium dome tweeters and definitely did not lack in highs.
Good luck with your decision. For the price, the Behringer's are hard to beat.
Yup, looked for Camber speakers and they looked like good speakers, So if the Behringers were enough, SQ wise... then it seems they are better than other PA speakers for home use... Still, i think for me they will not be the better option because of my room and my listening habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjunadeep View Post
While I personally feel the ELAC Debut series is a great value, I don't think the ELAC is going to give you that forward sound you want. I think you might find them a little lifeless. The Klipsch RP series speakers have a nice balance of being a bit forward without being overly bright. If you can give those a listen or find them with a return policy, I'd point you that way. That might be just the ticket for you. Even if the HTM10 can go louder cleaner, in your small room and with the moderate volume levels you are talking about, I don't think you'd really need that.
ELAC are quite cheaper than the Klipsch here... I will try to audition them, and see where they stand. Also looked for some used JBL speakers, but there are tons of models and IDK which series are the best for HT. The PRO series are not available, so I searched the Studio line and some active Studio Monitors (My MLP is less than 6 feets, so it seems I can also get away with studio monitors?).
marto2009 is offline  
post #4188 of 4189 Old 10-17-2019, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
MKtheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Hartford, NY
Posts: 18,835
Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2579 Post(s)
Liked: 2794
I owned the Klipsch THX ultra 2 system and preferred the behringer system I owned. My room was heavily treated so if yours is not they won't sound the same. My behringers measured very nice in my room without EQ and better than some speakers that are considered much better here. They just worked in my room. Now having said that, I build my own speakers and prefer the soft dome to the CDs I have owned which is quite a few, all in the same room. I owned the JBL MR825 too, borrowed the Yorkville U215, QSC K10, JBL 3622, JBL 4722N top end, JBL 2446 in the massive 4675C-LF speaker, Chase sho-10 which had the eminence horn and selenium d202, JBL 2447 in a 2452 horn, the B&C DE250 in the eminence H290S horn considered to be the gold standard in a 1 inch CD. I don't even know if that was all of them. The point is, proper room and more importantly, setup, is key. After all that I was impressed with what the Behringer could do for $200 without putting anything together. It is not my favorite speaker, but it did a very good job. My friend has them now and they do not sound as good without my room. What something is worth depends in what you prefer. I started building line arrays and other speakers which I prefer over the behringers but they cost more and require lots of work.

My behringer system consisted of 7 215xls with 4 212xl for ceiling speakers. I prefer the 215xl over the 212xl.

Building the room, speakers, and subs.
MKtheater is online now  
post #4189 of 4189 Old 10-17-2019, 07:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Miami Beach, FL
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by marto2009 View Post
ELAC are quite cheaper than the Klipsch here... I will try to audition them, and see where they stand. Also looked for some used JBL speakers, but there are tons of models and IDK which series are the best for HT. The PRO series are not available, so I searched the Studio line and some active Studio Monitors (My MLP is less than 6 feets, so it seems I can also get away with studio monitors?).
Studio monitors can be great. JBL LSR305s are a nice budget choice.
anjunadeep is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Behringer B215xl Passive Speaker Pair , Pioneer Elite Sc 55 Sc55 9 1 Channel 3d Ready A V Receiver , Pioneer Andrew Jones Sp Fs52 Flr Stand Loudspeaker , Behringer , B 52 Lx 1515v3 1000w Dual 15 Pa Speaker , B 52 , Behringer Eurolive B212d Active 550 Watt 2 Way Pa Speaker System With 12 Inch Woofer And 1 35 Inch C

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off