Wall mounts for Pioneer SP-BS22 bookshelf and SP-C22 Center speaker? (Andrew Jones) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By ermghoti

post #1 of 15 Old 05-31-2014, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I just got my delivery of the Andrew Jones 5.1 SP-PK52FS.
For the purpose of mounting, I'm a bit put off by these being so oddly curved- especially the center channel.
The Center weighs 13 pounds.
The bookshelf weigh 8.5 each.

I went through a huge thread on here with lots of ideas. I saw these for the bookshelf pair, which brace the front and rear which are flat while the sides are curved: http://www.standsandmounts.com/sanusspeakerwallmountsforlargerbookshelfspeakersblackwms-2.aspx

They seem pretty expensive for what they are.

I envisioned a bracket for the center, then I pictured two individual mounts to the rear...

I'd really like to see what other people came up with.  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-01-2014, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 85
These seem to be the default recommendation for bargain bookshelf mounts. I'm sure you can buy or build a shelf for the C22 easily enough.
Soulkeephl and mozltovcoktail like this.
post #3 of 15 Old 06-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I am currently researching Omnimount, you may find what you are looking for and they can be purchased online.

http://www.omnimount.com/products/speaker_mounts_and_stands/

McIntosh Labs! What am I listening to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 06-01-2014, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20

This is what I use
Got them on amazon

They work great
post #5 of 15 Old 06-01-2014, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

There were two recommendations so far for side-clamping speaker mount, yet the sides of the speakers are curved.
Are you mounting these as front/rear by clamping off to one side?

I like these for their ability to be positioned at any angle, not just 7 to 10 degrees. I didn't want to put screws into the speakers, but it may be worth it for a reasonable price and great positioning flexibility:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pinpoint-am10-universal-bookshelf-speaker-wall-mount-black/1310391239.p

For the center mount, I will wind up getting a shelf.

Ikea has these end brackets which would offer a very secure connection to the wall:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10136135/#

These seemed aesthetically pleasing, too:
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/shelving/wallMountedShelving/shelvingBrackets?productId=10001032

I'm not sure how I will secure the speaker to the shelf. It will be above my head as I sleep, so gravity alone isn't in my comfort zone.

I really like this idea for the center mount, but my TV is on an articulating arm and it wouldn't work for me:
 http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/Product/Details/8101?mainCategoryId=108&categoryId=10828&subCategoryId=1082809

post #6 of 15 Old 06-16-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Corpus View Post
There were two recommendations so far for side-clamping speaker mount, yet the sides of the speakers are curved.
I believe some posters are using those mounts with these speakers. I don't have the mounts, but I do have the BS22s, and I'm confident the forward bit would provide enough purchase for a clamping mount. If I were concerned, I'd add a bit of double-stick mounting tape.
post #7 of 15 Old 06-16-2014, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Wall mounts for Pioneer SP-BS22 bookshelf and SP-C22 Center speaker? (Andrew...

Will be mounting my BS22's front and rear with VideoSecu One Pair of Side Clamping Speaker Mounting Bracket with T... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X9O8SI/..._Nn6Ntb0TNWD0Q

They get good reviews and nicely designed. I feel there will be plenty of clamping power especially with the foam pads the mounts come with to secure the round cabinet design. Installing wed and will give a quick review after install...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by LGTWHIT; 06-16-2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: typo
post #8 of 15 Old 06-18-2014, 02:07 PM

Just finished mounting up the BS22's via VideoSecu and toggle bolts for drywall strength. These mounts are a no brainer guys and gals for the BS22's or any other bookshelf speaker. The mounts and hardware are top notch and the side clamping power is more than enough even with the round cabinet design. Here are a couple photos of the final install. And no, i will not be overheating the receiver with the center placed on top. This is a temp fix until i get an entertainment center. I would highly suggest these if you can't hit a stud during mountingMechanical Plastics 50375 Toggler Snaptoggle 10-Pack 3/16 x 24-Inch BA Wall Anchors TOGGLER http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051IBBUE/..._EcFOtb0BCEMA8

post #9 of 15 Old 06-18-2014, 03:49 PM

Nice. Those drywall anchors look pretty serious.
post #10 of 15 Old 06-18-2014, 04:44 PM

Yup, they are fabulous. Glad I found them as I wasn't able to hit any studs for proper positioning of speakers. Each one has a 265 lb capacity . I used two per speaker so don't think I'll have any issues lol!

post #11 of 15 Old 10-06-2014, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a speaker stand for Pioneer SP-C22 center channel? I was looking at either a Sanus NFC-18, but wanted to get other recommendations.

Thanks!
post #12 of 15 Old 10-06-2014, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGTWHIT View Post
Will be mounting my BS22's front and rear with VideoSecu One Pair of Side Clamping Speaker Mounting Bracket with T... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X9O8SI/..._Nn6Ntb0TNWD0Q

They get good reviews and nicely designed. I feel there will be plenty of clamping power especially with the foam pads the mounts come with to secure the round cabinet design. Installing wed and will give a quick review after install...

I used those with mine, and padded them with Blu-tack. Works VERY well.
post #13 of 15 Old 10-07-2014, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I used a shelf (product #10478 ) from Monoprice.com for the center. Great thread by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTsTito View Post
Hello. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a speaker stand for Pioneer SP-C22 center channel? I was looking at either a Sanus NFC-18, but wanted to get other recommendations.

Thanks!
post #14 of 15 Old 07-08-2015, 10:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1651 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGTWHIT View Post
Just finished mounting up the BS22's via VideoSecu and toggle bolts for drywall strength. These mounts are a no brainer guys and gals for the BS22's or any other bookshelf speaker. The mounts and hardware are top notch and the side clamping power is more than enough even with the round cabinet design. Here are a couple photos of the final install. And no, i will not be overheating the receiver with the center placed on top. This is a temp fix until i get an entertainment center. I would highly suggest these if you can't hit a stud during mountingMechanical Plastics 50375 Toggler Snaptoggle 10-Pack 3/16 x 24-Inch BA Wall Anchors TOGGLER http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051IBBUE/..._EcFOtb0BCEMA8

How did this work out? Does the location near the wall hurt sound with these rear ported speakers? I am thinking of doing same set-up.
post #15 of 15 Old 07-09-2015, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 2912 Post(s)
Liked: 2685
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Corpus View Post

I'm not sure how I will secure the speaker to the shelf. It will be above my head as I sleep, so gravity alone isn't in my comfort zone.
Look for a product called Bue-Tak, provides a very solid connection. If you can't find that product, look for something called Earthquake Putty in your local hardware store.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page